• This topic has 92 replies, 76 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Kendra.
Viewing 69 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I ask this in the context of those who aren’t necessarily full time, but more so of those for who it’s more of a “hobby” or “thing to do” and it’s occasional. Obviously all of us dress for various reasons, but those who dress spontaneously or on the spur of the moment, what are your reasons? Is it just something to do? Is it you have to be in certain mood at the time? Stress reliever? Is it simply to try on new purchases? And when you do dress in those situations, how do you decide on the specific clothes to wear?

In my case I wear lingerie or silky pjs to bed every night so it’s my nightly routine and because of my love of beautiful sleepwear, so no spur of the moment with me.

for me it is often spur of the moment.  there are other times when I can think of nothing else, a relentless compulsion.  there are also times when I suddenly have the house to myself or a long drive to go on and it’s on, baby.

sometimes out of habit?

It isn’t a stress relief for me, just an expression of what I would like to be able to do all the time.  forbidden fruit, as it were.  as I have mentioned before, my thing is almost exclusively bras.  If I could do it unnnoticed, I would wear one everyday.

Anonymous
      Lady

My dressing is almost totally determined by the opportunities to do so as I am firmly in the closet at the present time.
      Rachel

I’m in the same situation.  Also I don’t really fit in wife’s clothes which makes it even harder!

Anonymous

OMG!

I dress because I  always loved wearing womens clothes, sheer nylons on freshly shaved legs. Sexy high heels. Beasts cupped securely in an underwire bra.  Feeling like a sexy woman. I love it

Awesome, Kerri!

Trish White
        Baroness

Ha ha ha , geez Diane I’ve heard them the called the girls but never the beasts. I know, it’s just a typo but I couldn’t resist although I guess double D’s could be called the beasts 😂

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Jess,

For me I need no prompting it is an inherent part of me. I have a barely tolerant wife so being dressed is at a premium sometimes but the thoughts and desires are with me always and constantly. If, I had the choice I would be fem 24/7 but that is not to be so I make the best of what get. Thanks for posting this.

Trish 💖💋

Good question Jess. When I first started, I couldn’t get enough. Dressed every possible moment I had and underdressed every day. After my divorce, I had 2+ years to myself and thought I was in heaven. But then I realized it wasn’t an every day thing. I dressed when I felt the need and wanted to feel pretty and feminine. Sometimes casual, sometimes to the nines! But not 24/7. Now I have re-married and found my perfect balance between male and female. I get one day a week to dress and watch our favorite soaps and just enough alone time to be all Brianna likes to be. I couldn’t ask for anything more.

You be you girlfriends
      Brianna

I underdress every day and I go all out dressed about 2 days a week sometimes 3.   I also sleep in a nightgown. I try to balance out the male vs female.  For me I would prefer to be female 24/7 but I love my SO and she means the world to me so I blend the male va female.

Anonymous

Why do I dress?  I wish I knew.  There are times when I get the urge, dress and am satisfied for a while.  Other times, I want to dress long term.  I’ve thought about going en femme 24/7, but haven’t seriously tried to do it.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Jess,

My wife and I are both retired, and together most of the time. Since I’m still in the closet, when ever I have a few hours, or more I will usually dress as much as possible. In between the once a month or so that I can do that, under dressing with panties a few days a week, and pantyhose, or thigh highs when the weather gets cool enough holds me over until I can fully dress again.
      If I could I think I would dress completely a couple of days a week. I love my male life, but I also love feeling like a woman. I feel calm, and complete when I can dress.

💕Lara

Peta Mari
      Lady

Good question. Not sure of the answer.

I’m not sure why i love to dress i just do, my wife and i are both retired and because of the lockdowns we have had with COVID I’ve had to snatch an hour here and there because I’m still in the closet, the compulsion gets worse in the summer when i see all the women out and about in all their summer dresses and skirts and tops i look around and wish i could go out wearing a nice summer dress,

The stress of not being able to dress just seems to mount up and i know that unless i have a dressing up day soon, well i just get a bit tetchy, as soon as i get the chance to let Rozalyn out of the closet my stress levels disappear and all is right with the world, lol X

Hugs Rozalyn X

Hi Jess,

I honestly don’t know why I feel this need to dress as a woman, especially, when I’m happy being a man. Since I’m a heterosexual guy, it makes no sense to me to have these feelings and desires to dress as a woman. It’s very confusing, really.

The only two things that have saved my sanity are, accepting that I like to dress this way while understanding that there is nothing wrong with me, and my wife’s support and encouragement. Most days, I wear panties (God, I LOVE wearing my panties) but nothing else feminine, and that usually just fine. But some days, I really need to express my femininity, even if it’s only to me.

On those occasions, I put on a dress or a skirt and blouse along with a bra, one of two pairs of heels that I have (I really want more shoes) and a necklace that one of my girlfriends from this site bought for me. For me, dressing makes me feel feminine, pretty, and secured. It also relaxes me.

Sometimes, I wish I were a normal guy who doesn’t wear women’s clothes, but for the most part, I’m thrilled with being a transvestite! If I ever get the chance to go out en femme, dressed and looking very good, I’ll probably do it, but I don’t see that ever happening at this point.
      Hugs, Jill

Anonymous

Dear Jess,

The answer for me, as I guess it is for others, is complicated.  Sometimes I do not think about it at all, or even detest that I do it sometimes, then just like that a feeling comes over me and permeates me to such a degree that all of a sudden I desire to be Janice, to let her out.  The desire increases once started and I will use techniques like plan out an outfit, or some other such thing to keep it bottled for a while.  Eventually though I need to be Janice, a woman, as close as I can be.  At the appropriate point, which is usually first suitable moment, I become Janice and all my cares go away for awhile.  They are still there and I can noodle on them in my brain but I do not worry or fret about them.  I am just Janice and at that point I like it that I do not care about the corset or the forms or the discomfort from all these things I am wearing, I just like being Janice and wish to stay for as long as I can until I need to return.  Once done, I feel satisfied emotionally for a while.  It is no longer sexual or anything like that, it is just that it is part of me and this time I get to embrace it much more fully than ever before.  It is exhilarating.  It also keeps me very busy at the moment which I like.

I know I will always like it and will always not like it depending on where I am at the moment.  I just let those feeling pass and when the time is right I just go with what Janice wants right then, which usually is just being like any other female.  When Janice I am incessantly thinking of how a woman would respond and trying to get rid of male way of thinking.  It is this weird perfection thing or me just enjoying doing the details.

(Added after I wrote the rest:  One thing I really enjoy about being Janice is the utter feeling sensuality that permeates my body.  It is as if I feel each skin receptor when it is twitched at all.  All the clothes and things make the feelings  delightful, it is like a whole different world, like a door opened and I stepped in.  This definitely pulls me to be Janice.)

In another life I might do it all the time but that is not this life.

Sincerely,

Janice

Hi & thanks to Jess and Janice and Everybody, it’s liberating to read about all the things I (we?) love about crossdressing:
        ~ yes to the sensual – we get to indulge all 5 senses in just gettting dressed up while men get to indulge about one-tenth of one of the senses;
        ~ women are allowed to make themselves look sexy and it is wonderful to enter into that imaginal world; for me dressing up makes me feel more alive, my senses are alive, my skin feels sensitive, my eyes sparkle.
        ~ Dressing up I think of awakening Eros – that vital force within us that makes us want to really be alive to the world. Not just living, but alive, open, tingling and singing, there’s freedom in letting myself become so entirely feminine.
        ~ And I also love becoming softer in how I look, act, think, talk – not that we aren’t strong, to crossdress we have to be pretty strong to cross so many thresholds just to do what we do, but so strong that we can let go of strong and enter into soft.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

As a child it was the need to dress. Why? I couldn’t really understand why I would want to wear my sisters dresses but knew I liked the clothes and wanted to wear them.  I didn’t need any other prompting to take the opportunity to wear a dress and expand it by wearing everything and, a my sister grew, a bra as well. One thing leads to another and I am fully made up as a girl – and I like it!

It’s a desire that needs satiating. I came to realise that this is how I should be and now is my way of life.

I started dressing at 8 yo. Im 41. I love the way it feels on my skin. I love the way it makes me look. I love going shopping and picking out new panties,lingerie,clothing,shoes,make up,nail polish. I just feel better in woman’s clothing.

For me, its just something I’ve always wanted. When i was a very small child i thought i was a girl. That feeling has always been there. Ive always admired female clothing, and always wished i could dress like that. I have dabbled in it for years and years, but am doing it more now, and collecting more clothes of my own.

Anonymous

I can’t even begin to say what prompts me…it just happens! Haley is always with me, she appears even when dressed in drab…so it seems that it has nothing to do with how I am dressed. However, when I am anxious, feeling edgy…that is when I have the strongest urge to allow myself to slip into her clothes and calm myself by just being me

Like so many it is hard to say.  In fact, one of the reasons I joined this site was to try and understand my interests and what drives them.  At times I dress for a sexual thrill. I still get a sexual thrill from dressing up (usually like a slut) but that often fades after the, well you can figure it out.  The confusing part for me is that there are times when I feel the desire to dress for the sake of dressing and not to satisfy a sexual urge.  This may involve dressing more completely (skirt, top, panties, bra, garter belt, stockings, heels, wig, and nails), just wearing lingerie under my male clothes, or some combination of the two. I truly can’t figure out why some days I go for a full outfit, some days it’s just lingerie, and other days I go full male.

I guess the best answer is a combination of things – (1) I love the feeling of lingerie and the thrill of wearing lingerie around people without them knowing; (2) dressing (whether just lingerie or complete dressing when I do that) makes me feel sexy; (3) dressing can be a stress relief as it allows me to be someone else for a time; and (4) at times dressing gives me a sexual thrill that I cannot get when in my male form.

In writing this post I have started to believe that, whatever the reason, I would ideally stay as a male most of the time but wear lingerie under my clothes everyday and wear heels as often as possible.

There doesn’t seem to be anything that drives me, like others it was such a turn on when I was younger. Earlier I just couldn’t get enough of pantyhose and always bodysuits leotards panty’s, and even thought about getting a sex change, it wasn’t so much I felt like a girl but I wanted to have my clothes to look and fit so much better, I’m sure this sounds strange to some. A big part too was I have always been very shy talking to girls, peer pressure and even my cousins always mad fun of me because I never even had a date till after high school, and a girl I started to date nothing ever happened but heavy petting, and even then they just teased even more about not going all the way with her. As the years went on I didn’t date much at all, and the few I did, didn’t ever go well so I think for me it was wearing their clothes, and the way they feel. I did get married and my dressing kinda went by the wayside once in a while I would wear a pair of her panties and bra when I would work in the basement, and when things started going south with the marriage and divorced I think maybe I started dressing more as maybe it was comforting to me. Today being in my mid sixty’s and by myself, I’ve giving up on finding someone to be with although it would be great to find that special person confide in about my way of dress.  I dress all the time now and when I’m dressed I just stay home and feel safe, you people here have given me a place where I have never told anyone about what I have told you, is not an easy for me to do, but it helps….  Thank You

Ster Eleo
        Lady

Online dating. Put in profile. If you still wanna do it, put that qualifier out there!  Catch the unicorn.  You’re not old. You are already told “no” by not trying. By trying , you could find a “yes”. All you need is ONE.  happy hunting

Tammi
      Lady

I dress to feel pretty and relieve stress. I take advantage of home alone time!

~ I dress almost every day. I get this feeling inside that I want to look beautiful … not that I do, but by putting on makeup, pantyhose, a black dress or a tunic, some jewelry, letting my hair down, putting on heels and walking around my place, I do feel beautiful for a while.
      ~ I dress because I feel more at ease and calmer in my feminine self, I like her.
      ~ I dress because I enjoy all the sensual aspects of makeup and women’s clothes – the smell of lipstick, the colors, the softness of fabrics, the challenge of heels, the shiny slickness of pantyhose.
      ~ I dress because all the things I do to transform from my masculine-me to my feminine-me feels like a ceremony, I am calling up the feminine in me, meeting her, getting to know her, giving her some freedom to be.
      ~ I dress so I can imagine going out all dressed up and having fun with other crossdressers shopping, having coffee, dancing, sharing tips and fun ideas.
      ~ And maybe I dress up because it feels risky, like I might be found out by soembody who doesn’t know, like I want to be found out, like the unexpected might happen and who knows what will happen then?

I think everything you mentioned applies to myself. But you expressed it so much better than I could have.

That makes so much sense and i totally totally get it!! Xx

Anonymous

So, I’m nearly full time now since I came out to my wife as transgender last year but until then I was a part timer and was doing that for 40+ years. I dressed because I loved how it made me feel and because I really got into this as a pre-teen I associated it with sex. Also, the only clothes I could easily get into were my mom and sisters underthings so that helped relate the sexiness of the clothes to the sex related activity. So generally I dressed en femme when I wanted sex and then hid it away as any self-respecting manly-man would do, LOL. Though there were some notable periods where I had the freedom to wear it whenever I wanted and I did, I felt complete but I would always bury it as needed. Over the last 15 years or so I’ve been underdressing more and more even when not frisky. Eventually I learned the excitement was caused by gender euphoria from being initially dressed as a girl and later a woman and I eventually decoupled my dressing from my sex drive. Now I’m thinking seriously about starting HRT, finally.

I hope that helps Jess

— Abbie 🥰

Ster Eleo
        Lady

Over 15 hrs you’ve dressed down toward the more drab direction… and decoupled it from sex drive.  Can you expand please?

Anonymous

Hi Ster,

just be clear, when I say “underdressing”, I mean dressing in womens underwear under drab outerwear. So what I meant was instead of just wearing it for self gratification as I had for most of my life, I started wearing womens underwear as a normal part of my day but I would often still feel a compulsion to remove it all when I’d had some form of release. Then sometime in the last couple of years that stopped happening, i.e. no desire to change back to male underthings after release.

I consider dressing in drab my crossdressing now. Let me know if it’s still not clear, I’m happy to try to clarify further.

— Abbie 🥰

That’s an interesting question as it makes me wonder if it’s possible to be an ‘occasional’ crossdresser (excepting those who lack opportunities because of personal circumstances). I know that when I finally gave in to the urges last year I thought it would be something I’d only do every now and again. Heck, it’s not as if the urges were a constant bother for most of my life, yet I’ve spent more on clothes this last year than the previous twenty! I’ve had a bit of a respite over the summer, the long days and hot weather don’t suit tight underwear and nylons (or privacy). So for a couple of months I pretty much lost interest, apart from nightwear.

Now that the weather’s turning cooler and the nights are getting longer I can safely say I’m spending a lot more time on my ‘hobby’. Oh yeah, I still have no idea why I do it…but it’s fun.

Amy x

Hey ladies..
      I identify as genderfluid and i have certain things that kinda trigger me to feel feminine.
      Nails. Heels.certain situations like if im having a meet up with female friends as soon as the “girly chat” starts i instantly wish i was there in a dress.
      Its kindahard to put into words but i hope thismakes sense

Alexis

Anonymous

Hi Jess,

It still all began as a, ‘need’ Something primal. ..Maybe a deeper sense of the need to identify as, in the ‘physical sense’ due to an already existing connection with the mental and emotional state which had already awakened and identifying with.

It’s very difficult to pin-point and be able to put my finger on, in the literary sense of saying, “This is why”.. It’s just my ‘cargo’ my baggage that has been with me both everywhere and always. Just physically realized and now, accepted…

Blessings and good tidings,

x Miss L x

I think the times Im knee deep in some very masculine activity such as working on a car covered in grease or a long work day . The urge to crossdress will come on . To me it represents cleaning myself up, maybe having a little bit to drink and letting myself relax and just enjoy feeling feminine for a bit. Not having to be so responsible or logical for a few hours. I used to push these thoughts away but I’m accepting myself more and more these days. For example, tonight I don’t really have a strong urge to dress but I’m still enjoying replying on this site and discussing crossdressing honestly. On the contrary to this, the times I have the least urge to crossdress are when I see or am with a woman I’m attracted to. I’m first and foremost a hetero man and that’s when my male self completely takes over.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I dress because it feels natural and makes me happy. I absolutely love being feminine.

Hugs, Liara

I think the biggest thing that brings on the urge for me is when I see a really well dressed, attractive woman. When I see a dress or an outfit that I really like, I always wonder if I could pull it off myself. I’m most often motivated by the beauty I see in others.

Jess,

CDing for me is a cyclical thing. I’m dressed right now in my black floral chiffon dress over double flounced full slip (it’s so pretty, got it from Lane Bryant in the late 80s, lots of lace too!), bra (with silicone inserts), garter belt, stockings and panties. I woke up and had the urge to CD and did it! 🙂 This morning, I wore a polka dot dress and black and red petticoats underneath. I’ve spent the whole day dressed and am in a pink cloud! On the other hand, most of this past summer I had no urge to CD and was happy to stay in drab, tee-shirts and shorts, most of the time. Just the way it is for me!

I love feel of all women clothes from lingerie to skirts dresses. Planning my outfit when I get up putting my hold up stockings on.

For me, there seems to be a number of motivators. Physical beauty is definitely one, when I see a beautiful female image, in person or a photo, I want to create beauty also, to join in as it were. Sometimes, just talking about it will get me started – I can feel the impulse just writing this! I’m relatively new to this, so CDing seems connected to my sex drive as well, not the same of course but it seems to hit upon those same pleasure senses. And then there is the forbidden fruit element – it feels like I am doing something so incredibly over the top I find it utterly intoxicating, and a complete escape from reality, almost like becoming an entirely different person. Yet “I” am still firmly in control and can pull out of it when I need to, even if I don’t necessarily want to.

So, when the opportunity arises – usually when I am alone and without any pressing business otherwise – I’m off to fantasyland, and it feels great!

Well for me it is mainly something that runs in cycles with triggers and sometimes when occupied with other things or activities not so much.
      Seeing my woman sexy or buying or ordering a lot of feminine things shopping can trigger it for sure.
      1-cycles most of the time once it is in my head it stays and grows until it is acted upon and I dress which has also for the most part grown to the nines complete with clothing, wig, makeup, jewelry, shoes, shapewear such as breastforms and padded hips and butt. Have added false nails recently.
      2-seasonal to a great degree it is seasonal seem to have a stronger urge from mid September past Halloween early November. Then fairly good till mid January when it hits again through past Valentines Day mid February. Then again in April to May. Really not that much at all in the Summer with June July August.
      3-once discuss going to events then it becomes closer within 3 to 6 weeks then becomes very strong to want to prepare practice to look good and not take way to much crap with me.
      4-Other triggers
      A)seeing a beautiful or sexy woman.
      B) Seeing videos of men dressed as beautiful women on singing shows such as Muzikene Kauke, including Spanish Tu cara me suena or Phillipino versions or other European version of similar shows.
      C)Seeing a man dressed as a woman on tv or movie who looks very sexy beautiful or authentic.
      D) Stories of crossdressing, or forced feminization, or lost bets to dress.
      E) When I am not having regularly passionate intimate relations with my authentic woman than the desire and need increases.
      F)Extreme stress from life can bring it on also.

The end result is dressing can be intoxicating, exciting, affirming, relaxing and then I am usually good for a while until one of these things triggers it all over again.

Just a few of my thoughts and or behaviors on it.

Ster Eleo
        Lady

Ditto E – When not released lol. It’s like the tide!
        And afterward, for a solid day or two, I don’t want to symbolize anything feminine.   Perhaps a week later, I’ll be ready to go public.

Lea
        Lady

I love your list of other triggers April, I can relate to almost all of them. Two others for me are having dreams where I’m dressed and sometimes just waking yup with a feeling.

Your right I appreciate your comment I have those two at times I have responded to the dream thread you can find or look on my wall.

Stress. It’s so relaxing to go all femme. Satin panties and heels relax me 100x more than a bubble bath ever could!

This is a question I have thought about and discussed with my wife and therapist.

Like most I started dressing when I was young but stopped for a long time due to the circumstances I was in.  I did dress on very rare occasions between marriages but never anything serious until a couple years ago.  Since I came out to my wife and started counseling I have embraced the feminine side I always suppressed.

Having said that I think what prompts me to dress is:

1- it helps me deal with stress, when I am dressed I feel a calmness and I am able to relax

2- being able to be pretty

3- the chance to wear colorful, patterned clothes, something I don’t really do when in drab

I’m sure there are other reasons taht prompt me to dress that are deep within me that I haven’t realized or not dealt with and may never.  The main thing for me is that it is something that makes me feel good about myself.  I do regret not acknowledging this part of myself years ago as I feel my life would have been so different if I had.  I also wish I could be more open about this part of myself, however, I am fearful of how it would be perceived by those close to me.

Thank you for indulging me with my response.  The main thing is that I enjoy being able to dress and be pretty even if it is only for myself.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I like to dress because it makes me feel complete. I enjoy feeling feminine.

It isn’t what prompts me to dress, it’s what prompts me to not dress. Like I told my wife, the desire is always there, I just need the opportunity to act on it. Fortunately I do get to dress in some degree almost everyday.

For me it’s like I underdress and stealth dress most of the time so I feel the only time that I m crossdress it’s laundry day

Something I just can’t resist and have the urge everyday. I do feel it a stress reliever and love feeling like a real woman in character and dress. Relating to the world in a different gender is so thrilling and yet natural for me. And who doesnt like the clothes and outfits

Hi Jess
      There is something inside of me saying this is how you should be presenting yourself, when I do present myself it feels natural and right.
      Love Sarah
      xx

For me it’s when I get home from work and don’t have anything going on. By day I am the boss, by night I like to Brittany up. Stress plays a factor for me, I just feel at ease after getting all dolled up. Putting on some girly clothes lets me put the daily grind to bed.

Tracy Knoble
      Duchess

When I am borded I will dress. Time of the year cooler wheather, fall, winter and early spring. This would make a good pole question, with multiple chocice answers.

[postquote quote=680585]

Lea,

I had the dream thing happen to me last week and I stayed dressed for over 24 hours wearing a few different outfits and sleeping in one of my slips and panties.

Sherri XO

Ya should have included it but I have responded to it in debatable on the dreams poll. I believe it is on my wall. Thanks I have posted it below.

I sometimes dream I am dressed as a woman however I am always still a man that is just dressed that way me crossdressing. Typically I will have more dreams that way when extremely stressed and have not dressed in a while in real life. I also have noticed if I am having trouble sleeping and take Melatonin 3mg to 6mg I have about a 50% chance of having a dream of having a crossdressing theme. When I do dream though many times I am dressing to help other women or be at an event in public dressed, certain people from real life in those dreams will trigger a sense of I need to hide in those dreams or get out of those situations in the dreams close at times I will make an excuse as to why I do. But ultimately in my dreams it is never that I am truly a woman. Sometimes its like dressing gives me added power strength when dressed in those dreams or special ability. Ultimately dreams do not make much sense as they are all over the place. However if I take more Melatonin like i did a few years back 10 mg I would have dark battling dreams to save and help others with no crossdressing but very dystopian type of struggles to help others. Weird just saying.

Tracy Knoble
            Duchess

I do not like to dreams about being dressed. Every dream I have about that is about me being busted or outed. I am usually trapped and must escape or I just wake up. I know why I have these dreams. It is because I wish never evey crossdressed or had any desire to it at all. I still enjoy  crossdressing. I will continue to discuss this topic in another forum. I will title that forum as: “Has Crossdressing Ruined My Life.” Take care everyone stay safe and have fun.

[postquote quote=680747]

Tracy,

I like dressing in the cooler weather as well. I don’t dress very often in the summer.

Sherri XO

Like some have said it’s a dream en femme. Commonly the emotions when I wake from that make not dressing not an option. Dressing really can consume every waking moment.

Hi girls 🙂 This post started two months ago, so I guess I should add my thoughts on the topic.
      I never needed any prompting, as I always knew from the age of 4 years old that I was supposed to be a girl. Girl’s clothes were what I always wished I could wear, so when nobody was around to ‘correct me’, I would wear them. That carried on for decades and now, years later, after acknowledging what I always knew, that I was a trans woman, I have transitioned and live as a woman, dressing everyday in “my clothes”.

Love you all, hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Since I have aged. I have the feeling to dress when I’m stressed. Just looking for a temporary escape from the world.

Anonymous

The feeling of nylons on my legs, of breasts on my chest ( even though they are silicone), and a skirt around my waist, make me feel like the woman I should have been.  I know it’s fantasy, but for short periods of time it is real and so intoxicating.  Some call it the pink fog. I can’t argue with that.

I work in all female office.

I love their attractive outfits. I always wanted to know what wearing skirts and heels felt like. I was not disappointed. I bought a few short skirts, lingerie, heels and boots. I feel and look amazing. Totally hooked now.

There’s definitely a sexual and sexually submissive element. My wife had some issues from being domineered in previous marriages so early on I said she should be the shot-caller in the bedroom and that empowerment really paid off. Later, when me being en femme in the bedroom came to be, her being the lead merged well with the new aspect.

But there’s more to it than that. There’s a desire in me and a fulfillment that comes from crossdressing that isn’t sexual. It’s a more sublime feeling of this being the right and proper way for me to dress.

Sometimes I just sit in my chair, feeling the sensation of my bra and panties  on my body and think, “Yes!” I’m so very thankful to have my mind expressed on my body in ways my body itself cannot express.

Maybe that’s just a very long way of saying, “It makes me happy.”

Wanda,

It’s the same for me, both sexual and submissive elements when I dress. Wearing silky and lacy lingerie is a huge turn on for me. My lady friend is a domme and she takes over, especially in the bedroom and I love it, a dream come true for me!

Kimmie
          Lady

I also have the sexual and submissive drive to crossdress. This drive was baked in when I was quite young, based on doctor type games I played with a neighbor girl. She was a couple of years older and she stopped the games before I really wanted to do so. I crossdressed to try to recapture some of the magic.

Kimmie,

I had similar experiences with my next door neighbor friend, a girl who was a couple of years older than me who tended to dominate me. I was quite young. One time she showed me hers after making me promise I would show her mine! 🙂 I also had nuns for teachers and they administered spankings in the cloak room in back of the classroom. To me at least, there was nothing like being laid over a nuns lap and spanked thoroughly! 🙂  This sort of thing stays with people and I’m a submissive going way back!

The first time I crossdressed was when I was 4 years old and I put on my sister’s crinoline petticoat. I also had a beautiful aunt who would walk around in beautiful and sexy slips. I wanted to be her! I still have a thing for petticoats and vintage slips. My lady friend just gave me a full length, double layered petticoat (I think it was meant to be worn under a wedding dress) and it feels heavenly over my garter belt, stockings and panties! I have a pink chemise for a top that I wear over a bra with silicone breast forms that fits perfectly with the outfit. I’m in a pink haze when wearing this outfit!

I absolutely love dressing en-femme and it’s so sensual and sexual!

Sherri XO

Usually the trigger for me is when the wife is at work and im either working from home or dont have any errands to run. It could be every day for a week. This week, ive been dressed every day, right now i have my pinstripe skirt on, with my my tight top, black lingerie and makeup. Then it could be a month without. It feels amazing, id rather be dressed than not. Make hay while the sun shines.

It’s taken me a lot longer to answer this question than I expected! For years the answer would have been “I don’t know” or “because She says so” but nowadays it’s much more simple: “so my expression matches how I’m feeling on the inside”. I have to be in drab so much of the time that I generally can’t wait to dress when I get home from work, or just relaxing around the house on the weekend. I don’t suffer from intense gender dysphoria or dysmorphia, but once in a while I’ll be REALLY AWARE that Nikki hates these clothes when I’m in drab. Conversely, my dysphoria is more noticeable if I’m dressed when I’m feeling male mode. Thankfully that doesn’t happen often! And while there used to be a strong component of sexual arousal when I dressed, that has evolved into something much more natural. I feel sexy whenever I dress, but actual arousal is a product of what is happening rather than just the fact that I’m dressed, even if I’m only wearing lingerie playwear.

Ultimately, I dress because I’ve cracked that closet door open and I’m never going back inside. The more I get to know Nikki, the more I like her and the more I want her to be out in the world, so the more I dress. Yay!
      xo, Nikki💋
      rhonda
      Lady

I got this Spirit in my head that tells me to get into uniform , I say maybe after while it says do it now , I obey and it says thank you You would think by now , not to resist

J J
      Lady

i am not sure why I got started, but the answer to why I dress now is simply nexause I enjoy it.It is not a need or compulsiom, just a sense of pleasure when I put on any fem wear. As to what I wear and why, that is more situational. i tend to.wear causual things if I am just around the house, but pit tohether a “look” if I am foing out. of coutse if I am foing for a walk on the beach a bikini is a mist even if it is just as underdress.

Meredith
      Lady

As a teen it was primarily sexual; I dressed like girls I liked and found attractive. Now that I am much older it just seems natural; a part of who I am. It just feels right, somehow.

Great responses across the spectrum.
      In addition to what has already been covered, I have in my own story a period where I experienced a NDE and was also dressed as a girl by aunts and other relatives who were trying to appease my mom. My mom thought from the moment I was conceived that I was a girl. She carried me differently etc. etc. etc. She was carrying a girl.

There was a bit of crow to eat in front of the other moms when the girl came out with incorrect parts.

Ever since…

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I just love it, always have. The way I feel when wearing the clothes and seeing how I look makes me feel so great. It’s euphoric, exciting, thrilling and feelings I can’t get from doing anything else. The feelings are incredible and the experience is amazing.

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

For as long as I can remember, there has and continues to be a very definite female persona within my male body. When I dress, it is for me. I do love compliments from friends but they are not my driving force to dress. It’s how I feel and how quickly i lose the male and fully engage in my female persona.

for me its the clothing, fits better feels nice to wear and mostly i should of been a female. love dressing up in sexy female dresses and skirts and blouses and nylons, bra, panties and pad, heels. ear rings, wig it makes me feel so relaxed and happy about my self just wish my wife would be more supportive

Hi, first time post…I’ve cross dressed f when i can from an early age…I remeber trying on my mums bra and slip when I was around 10 and loving the feel against my body….not many chances until I moved into my own house….with a girl and after a couple of months of trying on her clothes, finally admitted to her that I liked dressing up in stockings and her knickers – she was accepting up to a point, even allowing me an evening a week to dress up and be me – Elizabeth.

I always got the impression she never quite accepted it so tended to do a lot more dressing up when she was at work or when Iwas steesed – I even had a secret stash of my own clothes and cheap wigs.

Then kids came along and I suppressed my feelings, throwing out most (but not all) of my cross dress clothes including my lovely yellow sissy dress.

Which leads me to my next point….I have always loved frilly things, the frillier the better and looking up this on he internet, classed me as a sissy….however I can’t say I like being bossed about too much, but do like the feel of being so feminine when I dress up and do think about what it would be like to be with a guy

Now I’m older the feelings have returned with a vengence and I’m now wearing a nightie and frilly knickers to bed every night which the wife has again accepted to a degree.

Thank you for letting me post this. Elizabeth x

Hi, first time post…I’ve cross dressed from an early age…I remember trying on my mums bra and slip when I was around 10 and loving the feel against my body….not many chances until I moved into my own house with a girl when I was 23 and after a couple of months of trying on her clothes, finally admitted to her that I liked dressing up in stockings and her knickers – she was accepting up to a point, even allowing me an evening a week to dress up and be me – Elizabeth.

I always got the impression she never quite accepted it so tended to do a lot more dressing up when she was at work or when I was stressed – I even had a secret stash of my own clothes and cheap wigs.

Then kids came along and I suppressed my feelings, throwing out most (but not all) of my cross dress clothes including my lovely yellow sissy dress.

Which leads me to my next point….I have always loved frilly things, the frillier the better and reading various cross dress sites on the internet, I decided I must be a sissy……however I can’t say I like being bossed about too much, but do like the feel of being so feminine when I dress up and do think about what it would be like to be with a guy.

Now I’m older (62) the feelings have returned with a vengence and I’m now wearing a nightie and frilly knickers to bed every night which the wife has again accepted to a degree.

Thank you for letting me post this. Elizabeth x

Well 62 also almost exactly the same story.

God! Where do I start? If I have not dressed for awhile and I can’t get out of the house for an extended period of time, I will think of some excuse to go to the city. My wife is retired also. She knew I crossdressed and was not happy but allowed it if she did not see. Then I quit for a few years. But now sneaking out again. I want to dress when I feel down. I want to dress when I want the feel of women’s clothing on my body. I am almost ready to sit down with her and explain that I need this outlet as I just love the feeling of being Karynn and a release of emotions. I am still masculine but the feminine me just seems to ease things into a calmer zone! Sorry for the ramble off and on topic but it felt good to get it out there for me!

I can’t remember if I’d replied earlier or not so if I have, this is an update.
      I dress when it’s finally time to let go of the day. I have a new job that requires office time so I do some discrete under dressing, but that doesn’t count for this discussion. When I get home I don’t automatically dress. I need to make sure everything, all responsibilities besides those that might be considered “womanly” are taken care of, then I relax. In this context, I dress every day. For special occasions I pick the appropriate venue for dressing. If I have a day off and nobody is home, I’m in a flowing dress trying to de-stress while getting some housework done. If I’m away with my wife, I gauge her thought process to figure out if where we are going is a dressing opportunity. I might dress in “stealth”, if she wants to go out but doesn’t want attention. If I’m away where nobody has a chance of knowing me, I might just go full Vecca and try to draw attention. The urge to dress is situational for me.

Hi   for many years I would fully dress when I had the chance which wasn’t very often , I would buy all forms of female clothing ,hide it away ,get rid of it and then start buying again couldn’t help myself just had to have it for the odd times I was alone and could dress up , now my wife and I are retired (she doesn’t know about my cd ) those odd days are even less ,but now  I underdress all the time bras (no forms ) panties ,pantyhose , stockings ,suspender belts my collection of lingerie has never been so large ,first thing in the morning before my wife is up  ,I can sit around in my undies as I am now ,then when she gets up ,I cover up ,get dressed in my male clothing while wearing my lovely female undies underneath ,not an ideal situation but at least can wear my female undies all day long .

Michelle xx

Nothing prompts me to dress . Most of the time I dress if I’m in the mood , otherwise I am comfortable wearing panties .

I started out with panties. They where far more comfortable than mens. I also felt sexy in them and that made my day go better. I started wearing other clothes and found that they where more comfortable and the choices where much better. Stretch jeans, tights, and leggings can’t be beat!
      I love colors and patterns that women get to wear. Plus I always wanted female breasts since I first discovered them as a kid. There was a lot of dress up have sex and take them off. But that has calmed down and I just feel comfortable in them.

It’s a combination of stress relief, comfort, and just wanting to feel sexy. I love it when I can get all my groceries in on a Friday with no work scheduled and I can have a couple of girl days when I can stay dressed until Monday morning. I just wish I knew how to do a full makeup as I’d probably go out for a wander at night.

I hate taking off the bra and nightie weekday mornings.

The panties, however, stay on. 😉

xoxoxoxo

Rachelle

Well at first it totally sexual. Now I have discovered that Jim worries about EVERTHING all the time. When Jamie comes out she is only worried about looking pretty and passable. So when Jamie is around I’m filled with peace, calm and happiness. I don’t understand it, I just accept it. Bonus I love the feel of the fabric, the shoes ( oh gawd the shoes) the smells.

I think there is something magical about a hint of a delicate perfume, the taste and texture of lipstick, and even the subtle smell of foundation. Add to that the hug of a pretty bra and panties and skirt, blouse and heels and you have the making of a lovely day!

R.

If I have the Latin right, it’s: Cogito, ergo vestio. I think, therefore I dress.

[postquote quote=688767]

100% Agree!

You nailed it Greta. Can’t wait for my online stuff to arrive and taste the lipstick and the slight scent of a woman’s perfume. My nylons feel so much nicer after shaving my legs and then I thought why not do my arms too. I hate body hair so it has been gone for a long time.
        Now I don’t feel right if I don’t have my panties and my bra on even under my man clothes because I only dress in the privacy of my own home
        Thank you Greta
        Sara

Kendra
      Duchess

You pose an interesting question: what is it that prompts us to act on our ongoing urge to be feminine? In my case there are four kinds of “dressing events” I engage in and each has a different trigger.

First – I sleep in feminine underwear every night. In summer just panties or panties and a bra, and in winter I may even wear tights to bed. This is a planned everyday occurrence.

Second – I get dressed up and go out. Sometimes to a trans friendly pub I know, sometime just for a drive in the car. These are also planned in advance – when I know I have the time to look my best.

Third – when I get a moment when I am home alone, not cooking dinner or cleaning the garage – I dress completely and practice my makeup. This is me being opportunistic – if I have the time and space to dress and do my makeup I will.

Forth is the spontaneous stuff. I decide to wear pantyhose to work under my male clothes, or I decide to wear lipstick and eyeliner while sitting in front of my computer at home while writing a report.

But the underlying motivation in all four cases is the same. I love to feel feminine. I love the way my eyes and lips look when I am made up. I love the intoxicating smell of perfume and/or feminine body wash. I love the feel of a bra stretched just slightly to encase my upper body, and I love the feel of high quality pantyhose pulling on my toes and snuggling against my thighs. I love looking at my painted finger nails as I look through my purse. What can I say – I like to feel feminine

After a couple of purges you’ll stop purging all to gether.
      Ashley will not go away and there is nothing wrong with you.
      Embrace her and you will feel better, I promise 🙏😊😘

Viewing 69 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?