- April 25, 2021 at 3:37 am #483683Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 64Replies: 1319Has thanked: 4712 timesBeen thanked: 7216 times
Good morning girls.
Time for Victor Meldrew to have a word!!!!
( Google him )
It’s another beautiful Sunday Morning in England….it’s been a beautiful week…
April / May is consistently better than July/ August here for weather…but that’s another story….
I have just got back from my walk, and had a gorgeous one, plenty of time to think as well as enjoy mother nature exploding into her best…everywhere….
Apart from the roadsides….
LITTER…..why can’t people put it in bins, or take it home. Our town had literally hundreds of waste bins everywhere…you pass an empty one and ten feet away is litter in the street…we have a superb council cleaning crew, they are always about and try their best…we even have groups of Volunteers who collect it up too!!!…
but still every morning I pick up tins or takeaway wrapping in my garden…
isn’t it a shame that some people who drink energy drinks….don’t have the energy left to walk to a bin!!!
PACKAGING…..oh my god, don’t start me off!!!.
I ordered a dozen lightbulbs from Amazon…just tiny wall light bulbs, half as long as your little finger…they arrive in individual little bags in individual little boxes, then packed into a bigger box, which is wrapped in plastic film and put into an Amazon box also filled with bubble wrap…..jeez…..half a rainforest so I can light up my hallway!!!!!….to make it worse, your phone beeps, and it’s bloody Amazon asking you to review your purchase!!!!
but there’s never a ” I CANT TELL YOU, I HAVE ONLY HAD IT A WEEK AND IM STILL TRYING TO OPEN IT” box for you to tick.
When I buy a carton of orange juice, I need a two pint one…not because I drink two pints…it’s because I HAVE to put a pint all over the kitchen floor to get the damn thing open…..same with milk!!
If you have never bought a two litre tub of Tesco’s own brand ice cream….save your finger nails and your sanity and don’t bother….by the time my oxyacetylene torch has got the lid off, the damn stuffs all melted anyway….
….and washing tablets….OMG!!!!
heat sealed plastic packaging….brilliant….I have actually invented new swear words for the moment I buy some new razors and try to get into them..
Phew, okay Gracie, take a breath and calm down…..take an asprin….oh no you can’t, that childproof lid is still stuck fast!!!.
I don’t BELIEEEEVE IT!!!!!!
Okay girls, so what in this modern wonderful world really makes you BOIL!!!…I could list dozens and dozens of things….so you must have lots too!!!!
Impatiently yours, grace ❤️❤️
Total of 25 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- April 28, 2021 at 1:21 pm #485116DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 55Replies: 511Has thanked: 3649 timesBeen thanked: 2057 times
- April 28, 2021 at 7:37 am #485026BobbiLadyRegistered On: September 13, 2018Topics: 26Replies: 1523Has thanked: 1650 timesBeen thanked: 3756 times
- April 28, 2021 at 12:25 am #484939Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 64Replies: 1319Has thanked: 4712 timesBeen thanked: 7216 times
Here’s a goody….
In the south west of England, we have lots of farms. Mostly surrounded by twisty narrow country lanes…..
So every Sunday without fail…..farmer Giles takes his little tractor for a run, at 11 miles an hour…..result ??
a long line of cars stuck behind him with nowhere to overtake….grrrrr.
Loving all your answers so far…..thank you xx
- April 27, 2021 at 5:45 pm #484851LeslieLadyRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 192Has thanked: 1589 timesBeen thanked: 867 times
Two things that tick my off, people abusing kids and people who keep their kid on a leash though I don’t see that one much anymore.
I am always conflicted about the first one, just how much do you interfere. And does interfering increase the chance of the child being hurt more later because you intervened. There generally isn’t time to get a cop or security. Several times if it were a particular egregious situation I have used the line “Hit them again they aren’t dead yet”. Being 6’2” and over 200#s so far it has so far only gotten a shocked, contrite expression but not me being punched out.
- April 27, 2021 at 8:25 am #484661Gabriela RomaniManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 83Replies: 163Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 766 times
Other than many of the social issues already mentioned, I can’t stand three types of people…
Pathological liars, self-worshipping, and rude people!
Since CDH is a representation of the society as a whole, sadly, we have some of those around…
Enough said! 🙂
Edit 15 minutes later…
But the good news are that for each one of those 3 types… we also have authentic, caring, funny, friendly, open, humble, lovable and loving people!! Otherwise, who would like it in here right? 🙂 🙂 😉
- April 27, 2021 at 8:48 am #484672
- April 27, 2021 at 7:48 am #484654Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 513Has thanked: 886 timesBeen thanked: 1871 times
Ah yes litter bugs. I have the community mail box at the back of my property and the neighbours come get their male they sort to out and stuff all the junk mail in between the boxes or just throw it on the ground, don’t worry, Heather will clean it up. BUTTHOLES. I even went and bought a small recycling box, put a bag in it and placed it under the mailboxes with a brick in it so it wouldn’t blow away but somebody needed it more than me and stole it. Three dollars at the dollar store, really people. I also seem to be one large beer cans walk from the liquor store, they’re ten cents a can return so I usually make 3-4 dollars a summer in returns, I guess that pays for my recycling box.
- April 27, 2021 at 7:18 am #484651Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 336Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 931 times
- April 27, 2021 at 5:14 pm #484838DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 55Replies: 511Has thanked: 3649 timesBeen thanked: 2057 times
- April 27, 2021 at 7:29 am #484653Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 64Replies: 1319Has thanked: 4712 timesBeen thanked: 7216 times
Oh yes Jin….
how annoying is that…..
In England we have a breed that we call ” Sunday drivers”….they only take their cars out Sundays and drive a maximum speed of 27 miles per hour….everywhere!!!!
- April 27, 2021 at 9:40 am #484683Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 336Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 931 times
Grace, we have those in the US too, only they all want to drive 70+!. Eve and I like to take the secondary roads where we can stop anywhere to get a closer look at the landscape. We always pull over to let those in a hurry pass when the road is too curvy for a safe pass. We are the “Road less taken” type, it seems we find the most amazing places when we are lost!
- April 27, 2021 at 7:40 pm #484895Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 895Has thanked: 12567 timesBeen thanked: 3333 times
I am never lost on the road, although I have been caught out “seeking alternate destinations” but no… never lost…
- April 27, 2021 at 4:07 pm #484805LeslieLadyRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 192Has thanked: 1589 timesBeen thanked: 867 times
- April 26, 2021 at 1:27 pm #484331Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 569Has thanked: 1001 timesBeen thanked: 1920 times
One of the things that get my blood boiling is local councillors and Politicians who come round at Election time and ask can we rely on your Vote,
Then they bugger off and you don’t see them again till the next Election,
They ask you all sorts of things like how can we help you with things on your estate,
You tell them and they say we will look into it and by the time of the next Election nothing has changed,
Our next council Election is sometime in May i don’t think I’ll bother voting,
Hugs Roz xxxxx
- April 26, 2021 at 2:29 pm #484370GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 1181Has thanked: 10092 timesBeen thanked: 4846 times
- April 26, 2021 at 2:27 pm #484367Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 64Replies: 1319Has thanked: 4712 timesBeen thanked: 7216 times
Roz…..SO true !!!!…
Reminds me of something I once heard…
people who try to ruin the country and are caught, are called traitors…..
people that try to ruin the country and succeed are called politicians……
- April 26, 2021 at 11:10 am #484296Carolyne ShermanBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 20, 2018Topics: 8Replies: 364Has thanked: 167 timesBeen thanked: 1153 times
Hey Grace. Got to say those darn English ladies on a tirade are tough on this poor Yank… 😂😂
Ok for real…
Animal abuse: I live in the sticks with the hicks and we get lots of starved and abused dump animals out here. We now go through 50 lbs of dog food and 60 lbs of cat food about every 10 days feeding them. We also have a standing appointment at the vet every 90 days for spay/neuter.
Politics: Yep I am politically incorrect and SO FRICKEN TIRED OF IT!!! Live and let live.
Trash: So, the same idiots from town dumping animals come out to dump their trash and old appliances on us poor rednecks. Grrrr!
Cell phones & cars: Get a hands free unit or put it in your purse and talk later!
Covid: I don’t care about masks, tests, pro or con, I just want it gone! We should all drink more wine and eat more dark chocolate and be healthy.
Unaccepting Jerks: Why can’t the world just accept my inner Goddess and let me be the “woman” my heart years to be. I just want to dress pretty, look nice and be happy being myself.
Milk Chocolate: Okay, I can tolerate it but come on, Dark Chocolate is REAL chocolate! And its healthy.
Guess its time to go have a glass of wine and some chocolate to lower my blood pressure from pondering all that is wrong in the world. Hope everyone finds peace and happiness avoiding their pet peeves.
- April 26, 2021 at 11:22 am #484300Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 64Replies: 1319Has thanked: 4712 timesBeen thanked: 7216 times
- April 26, 2021 at 11:49 am #484315Carolyne ShermanBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 20, 2018Topics: 8Replies: 364Has thanked: 167 timesBeen thanked: 1153 times
Grace I worked for an English company for 2 years. Great people and I loved deciphering what our managers were trying to say. They always Brought a round of ale at 5 pm to the office people. Down side is it was always room temp. Never did get a taste for T Beer but did get to like Bass (this was before it was common here).
- April 26, 2021 at 6:40 am #484188LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 55Replies: 511Has thanked: 3649 timesBeen thanked: 2057 times
Another one is watching people glued to cell phones while walking down the sidewalks or while driving not paying attention to surroundings seen few almost got hit while crossing street not paying attention. Oh at times if don’t get my coffee in morning sets off blood pressure to boil over some.
- April 26, 2021 at 6:35 am #484186LadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 1181Has thanked: 10092 timesBeen thanked: 4846 times
Yup, it boggles my mind when trash is thrown on the ground 5 feet away from an empty trash bin. What up with that… 🤷♀️
My pet peeve is pedestrians and cyclists using the ‘public highway’. They say that the roads are unsafe for them… That statement is very true. However, it’s them (Pedi’s and Cyclists) that make the roads so unsafe.
Many P&C’s break traffic rules and disobey signage. Cyclists especially… it seems like they are of the opinion that the rules of the road don’t apply to them…
Pedestrians…. disobeying the ‘Do Not Walk‘ 🚷 signal. ‘Oh, only 2 seconds left… that’s okay, I have the Right-Of-Way’… Well, no they don’t when they are not Following The Rules. 30 feet away from a controlled intersection with a designated crosswalk and they Jay-walk. Do these people have no common? 🤷♀️🤷♀️🤷♀️
It’s even worse now that most peeps have mobile devices. Head down, eyes Glued to the screen. Step off the curb into the crosswalk in their own little bubble with no regard for their own safety.
The one that gets me the most though… Seeing a young GG (I don’t see many GB’s pushing prams) pushing a pram in a crosswalk while her nose is in her mobile… 😡🤬😡 My God Woman… put the F***ing device away, pay attention to your surroundings… you have an infant to protect. Totally irresponsible. SMFH… 🤷♀️ The next time I see that, someone is going to get an earfull…
In the end the poor motorist is held responsible if there is a collision??? Someit very wrong there me tinks…
Okay… Rant over… 🙂👍
- April 27, 2021 at 5:23 pm #484841LadyRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 192Has thanked: 1589 timesBeen thanked: 867 times
I agree about the cell phones and the cyclists who don’t obey the rules of the road. But I don’t know about the rules of the road where you are. Where I am if you are older than 16 you are required to ride in the street and obey the rules for a motor vehicle. And drivers are supposed to respect the cyclists’ rights to use the road. When I road regularly it was always an if’y thing. Some people seemed to think it was fun to fling open the street side car doors of parked cars just as you pulled even or to see how close they could come to you. I was always a careful cyclist and it always made me mad to see others riding like jerks. They make it harder for the rest of us!
And here pedestrians have the right of way even if jaywalking. But as they say “stupid is as stupid does”. It is sort like the law of the sea small boats have right of way over big boats, but that rule is just as often over looked as observed.
Oh well my two cents.
- April 27, 2021 at 7:29 pm #484891LadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 895Has thanked: 12567 timesBeen thanked: 3333 times
Small doesn’t always have right of way. In any narrow or restricted channel the large vessel with restricted ability to maneuver has right off way over a small craft that can more easily change course or stop. This when a certain well known protester group tried to get in the way of an aircraft carrier with a sail boat, it was their own fault when said carrier rammed their little boat and wrecked it. More than 30 years ago, but the same laws apply. It was in Golden Hate Channel coming into San Francisco Bay just under the great orange Bridge there. To those of us on the ship at the time, it seemed both funny and stupid. Thinking back now, it was just sad. I don’t think anyone was hurt, abs it didn’t even make much in the way of news.
(then) MM3 vonSmirff
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 26, 2021 at 7:46 am #484211Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 64Replies: 1319Has thanked: 4712 timesBeen thanked: 7216 times
- April 26, 2021 at 10:16 pm #484512Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1073Has thanked: 14359 timesBeen thanked: 4251 times
I have seen that many times the last few years Grace.
A couple will come into a nice restaurant, obviously on a date, get seated by the hostess, might look over the menu for a few minutes, tops, then both pull out a cell phone and not another word passes between them except to giggle at some inane video that they MIGHT share with the other.
No wonder the population doesn’t grow at the predicted rates.
- April 26, 2021 at 6:11 am #484177Shannon MarxDuchessRegistered On: March 11, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 50Has thanked: 299 timesBeen thanked: 252 times
Times like these is when you need to sit on the porch with your favorite drink in hand and say i will worry about all that crazy S#*T tomorrow. But alas we know tomorrow’s are the only thing thats always coming but never arrives Kisses Shannon 💋💋
- April 25, 2021 at 4:23 pm #483961Amber ScottDuchessRegistered On: June 30, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 88Has thanked: 77 timesBeen thanked: 333 times
- April 25, 2021 at 2:03 pm #483905LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 55Replies: 511Has thanked: 3649 timesBeen thanked: 2057 times
There so much that make my blood pressure go over could write a book hehe everything from trash around the neighborhoods to tailgaters and people that think they own the roads. But blood has gone some now since being let out of naughty corner
Hugs to all the girls
- April 25, 2021 at 1:40 pm #483899Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 1375Has thanked: 8525 timesBeen thanked: 5388 times
Well Grace, “messages ” for one, had to cook today to de-stress (lie had two vodkas too) yeah I know it was Sunday morning. Anyway where was I, yes, Litter, why can’t people take it home or put it in a bin, is it that hard “really” lgnorance and rudeness, does it take that much effect to be polite. Mindless and totally pointless vandalism of people’s property, if you catch them, they just get told off. “Please hold the line” while they play God awful music only stopping to tell you its quicker on line, hello I sent you an email two days ago. And why when an offer is on in the supermarkets, it’s always “out of stock” . Gosh many more from child abuse to animal cruelty to just plain abuse and victimisation through discrimination.
Right piece of cake and a vodka, feet up. Rant over
- April 25, 2021 at 1:44 pm #483902Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 64Replies: 1319Has thanked: 4712 timesBeen thanked: 7216 times
- April 26, 2021 at 5:38 am #484163Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 1375Has thanked: 8525 timesBeen thanked: 5388 times
I will or rather I did thank you, it was delicious (although I say that my self). No wait it’s true honestly . Two little people are coming round for tea tonight +two teddies so there won’t be any left
- April 25, 2021 at 12:45 pm #483888Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 494Has thanked: 3056 timesBeen thanked: 1832 times
Hi Grace well Sarah tries her best not to get wound up about anything.The worst thing for me however is when you go to specialist shop (currys) and the shop assistants are clueless about the products. The only other thing that really wound me up, we went to althorp 2 years ago Princess Di ancestral home, went for a cup of tea they use a large one gallon teapot. We got a cup of tea which was crystal clear, asked them where the tea was and they replied you saw us put a tea bag in the pot. GRRR
Other Than That don’t bother getting wound up anymore.
Love Sarah xx
- April 25, 2021 at 12:21 pm #483881Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 256Has thanked: 2813 timesBeen thanked: 1217 times
Another thing that boils my blood is cruelty to animals. I adopted my dog from a shelter. They told me that he was taken by them out of a very bad situation. How could someone do this? He is the most wonderful, happy and loving dog! Triple shame on people who do these things! I hope karma gets them.
- April 25, 2021 at 1:29 pm #483897Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2076Has thanked: 4112 timesBeen thanked: 7411 times
Animal cruelty is about the only thing which really gets to me, now; but when it does, it can send me into a blind rage. Fortunately for me, that hasn’t happened for some time.
- April 25, 2021 at 1:00 pm #483891Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 64Replies: 1319Has thanked: 4712 timesBeen thanked: 7216 times
- April 25, 2021 at 9:21 am #483825KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 8Replies: 567Has thanked: 1491 timesBeen thanked: 2526 times
Good Morning Grace,
I can’t decide if I should respond to this topic before I go for my morning walk or after??? Well here goes, my walk will have to wait.
OMG, starting with litter is so apropos. I did a major rant on Facebook just a few days ago on the subject and got all sorts of likes. There is a nice greenspace between my house and the two major fast food outlets that are only a block away. Of course, the packaging from the fast food places are routinely thrown out car windows along with their facemasks (why???). There are trash cans everywhere.
But there is a certain type of litter that really bugs me. That is dog feces. It’s great that Joe and Mary walk their lovely pooch but damn it, pick up it’s poop. I’ve yelled at so many people for not doing it, they just very quickly run away. Oh, and how about the people who do pick up the dog poop in a little plastic bag but instead of throwing the bag inside the trash can, they leave it on the ground next to the can. WTF????
Dumbass drivers!!!! I’m sure this is a common complaint. Living in a northern resource community, we have lots of transient young males who earn big dollars and spend their money on behemoth trucks. They take off the mufflers, put on dark tinting on all the glass, and put a special coating on their license plates that photo/red light radar has difficulty reading (all illegal activities) and then drive like a$*&$@. I was so mad at one of those guys the other day, I gave him a one-finger salute (which is not very lady like and I rarely ever do) and he looks at me like I’m the evil one.
Oh and talking about face masks. We have a lot of anti-maskers in our community – they even held a parade a while back. I’m pretty sure they all came down with covid as our active cases are way too high. They will put on a mask to walk past the facemask checker at the grocery store door, but once inside off comes the mask. Or they wear the mask to cover their chin – which not only is not effective, it just looks stupid.
This is just too depressing talking about things that raise blood pressure. Darn good thing my blood pressure is often too low. Or I’d have a second heart attack. And I looked up Victor Meldrew. Yes we have them in NW Canada as well. Some are quite proud of their grumpiness. They usually wear a hat when driving their car, slowly…., while crossing the white line separating driving lanes….. OK enuf, I better go for my walk now. Oh and snow report – front yard melted 99% back yard melted 70% BUT the forecast for middle of next week is MORE snow. As lovely as it is, it’s time for it to stop snowing; I was planning on planting a bit of a garden which will have to wait now until early May.
Take care Miss Grace, All the Very Best, Hugs, Krista.
- April 25, 2021 at 8:41 am #483802Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 253Has thanked: 717 timesBeen thanked: 1194 times
Here’s one more on packaging. At the big box home improvement store……I need 12, 5/16” x 3” bolts. They come in a package of 9. The 5/16” nuts that go with come in a package of 15. The washers? Package of 24.
Anyone here need 6 bolts, 3 nuts and 12 washers? Arrrrrrrrrgh!
Clara’s Surplus Hardware.
- April 25, 2021 at 8:51 am #483805Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 64Replies: 1319Has thanked: 4712 timesBeen thanked: 7216 times
Dear Clara’s surplus hardware…
Once upon a time in England, every town had an ironmongers….a shop where you could rummage through draw after draw of washers, nuts nails, screws…etc…
and buy as many or as few as you like…and they were counted…and then put into a single paper bag….you paid and left….
some things should never change. xx
- April 25, 2021 at 2:18 pm #483913Kelli MarloweLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 63Has thanked: 713 timesBeen thanked: 369 times
luckily still have such an old fashioned hardware store about 3 miles from my home, same family has owned for 50 plus years.Still thriving despite 2 big box stores 7 miles down the road
- April 25, 2021 at 10:19 am #483847AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 49Has thanked: 182 timesBeen thanked: 141 times
Know our local home improvement centers like Lowes or Home depot or even the mom and pop hardware stores have loose screws bolts washers can buy also have the prepackages never buy those unless they do have the right amount and little cheaper.
- April 25, 2021 at 8:12 am #483790Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 48Replies: 1149Has thanked: 5347 timesBeen thanked: 5942 times
Ahhh Grace, Sunday morning and you have my blood boiling – thanks hon!😅. Most of the biggies have been addressed. Let’s see….
Litter – lazy #!!@*!# jerks!
Covid protesters – ignorant #!!@*!# jerks!
Pol. correct fanatics – get a #!!@*!# life!
Packaging – aaarrrrrrgggggg 🤬. This one makes me want to howl like a crazed wolf. Hard plastic packaging…. more than once when trying to rip these open the only thing that I rip open is my skin; by the time I get the product out its half covered in blood – thankfully band aids still come in easy to open boxes!
Another favorite blood boiler of mine are those drivers who act like the road was made for their driving pleasure alone.
My personal one that honestly fills me with murderous, evil, unpleasant thoughts? People who get off abusing animals. I would be happy to lead them to the gallows and put the noose around their neck myself. ( sorry, that’s not nice, but that’s how I feel about animal abusers ).
Okay… *deep breath*, I think I got it out of my system…. 🙂
- April 25, 2021 at 8:22 am #483795Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 64Replies: 1319Has thanked: 4712 timesBeen thanked: 7216 times
Oh Stevie…I think you got it done girl!!!
…drivers who don’t indicate…
indicators are there to let others know where that car is going…the driver already knows!!!..the times I have stepped off a pavement and the idiot comes around the corner instead of going straight on because he is not indicating….
then beeps his horn at you!!!!!
it’s ok to say fuss off… 😂😂😂
- April 25, 2021 at 7:47 am #483777LadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 63Has thanked: 713 timesBeen thanked: 369 times
I’m with you on modern packaging, pretty bad when one has to keep a box cutter in the kitchen to get into packets.
Poor drivers are about the only other thing that gets to me, particularly those who don’t signal or use the opposite signal from the way they’re turning.
and, of course, there’s technology in general, being the low tech little redneck gurl I am
- April 25, 2021 at 7:45 am #483774patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 71Replies: 1339Has thanked: 2197 timesBeen thanked: 4755 times
HI Grace I think you hit on two big issues of mine .
People here in the states are pigs .
Instead of taking their trash home they throw out on the side of the road.
Its really sad it reminds me of the old seventies commercial about the Native American with a tear in his eye looking at all the trash.
Also it is incredible what modern engineering has managed to do with plastic.
The stuff won’t hardly tear and the foul seals on my almond milk are about impossible to remove without getting a cut.LOl
Funny how technology makes our lives easier but harder at the same time.
- April 25, 2021 at 7:33 am #483768Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 680Has thanked: 4308 timesBeen thanked: 2604 times
Hi Grace What really upsets me aside from what you have said already is every issue is becoming so political. I hate it. Politics has overcome our daily lives. Its a dirty. disgusting business that exist only to divide us as a people while it enriches the pockets of the people who enjoy playing in the world of division. Stay true to your self ladies and learn to love that part of you that only wants to be accepted and supported. We can get there as long as we stay united.
- April 25, 2021 at 7:42 am #483773
- April 25, 2021 at 7:30 am #483767stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 152Replies: 2065Has thanked: 3278 timesBeen thanked: 9569 times
Those cellophane packets Rice comes in. They wont open without tearing and whoopsie! Rice comes spilling out.
Aldi 36 day matured Aberdeen Angus steaks come in a cardboard tray with a heat sealed plastic overlay that you are supposed to tear off. But can’t – its superglued on! . .. tears up the cardboard, scissors needed!
Morons who hang dog poo bags in trees and bushes!
The supermarket queue! Sods law states that I always, ALWAYS pick the slowest. Its like Russian Roulette. You survey the shoppers looking out for the old and doddery ones, or mums with lots of baby clothes. Avoid. Ahhh… this one will do nicely …………. You pick a lightly loaded middle aged bloke. Shouldn’t be long. Until the bugger tries to pay with a phone app! The bloody till won’t read it! Supervisor! My bloody ice is melting! Or the oldie who packs so slowly time stops, then she has to rummage in her bag …tick….tick… to find her purse… then…. tick…tock… find her loyalty card …. tick… tock… and then her bloody credit card. Or the voucher shopper … half the time the till won’t accept them … keep trying…. “Oh! here’s another one. Try this. Is it valid?”
Ring pulls on tins of Tuna – need to be England’s Strongest Man to pull the things back.
And finally (though there are lots more) … Peanut butter Kit-Kat bars are so small its gone just as you are beginning to enjoy it!
- April 25, 2021 at 7:40 am #483772Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 64Replies: 1319Has thanked: 4712 timesBeen thanked: 7216 times
I agree with everything!!!…I have ended up with tuna light fittings trying to get that bloody ring pull off!!!!…..
Just one gripe….
“the oldie who packs so slowly time stops, then she has to rummage in her bag …tick….tick… to find her purse… then…. tick…tock… find her loyalty card …. tick… tock… and then her bloody credit card”…..
That’s me!!!!….I can never find anything in my handbag…next time just tap me on the shoulder and I will let you go first….
Huggs, grace….the mystery shopper xx
- April 25, 2021 at 6:54 am #483756LadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 895Has thanked: 12567 timesBeen thanked: 3333 times
Well, it’s a new one perhaps. I get really upset at these toads who say they’re not wearing a mask because it doesn’t matter, or these idiots who still think Covid is a scam of some sort. Or that the vaccine is some sort of government control scam or whatever. People! Really!!?!
- April 25, 2021 at 6:31 am #483743AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 49Has thanked: 182 timesBeen thanked: 141 times
Speaking of which every time get out walk over the so called masks that suppose to be on face but laying around in the parking lots instead of in trash. Always hearing people screaming about the envirionment but throw things on side of streets in parks all over.
- April 25, 2021 at 6:40 am #483746Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 64Replies: 1319Has thanked: 4712 timesBeen thanked: 7216 times
- April 25, 2021 at 6:45 am #483750AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 49Has thanked: 182 timesBeen thanked: 141 times
This morning taking out trash seen like 4 laying on my sidewalk went back inside got my rubber gloves and threw them away hate seeing trash thinking of setting up a cam system to catch these litter bugs.
Oh another one is watching my neighbors walk their dogs and they decide to use my yard to do their business. Ought to shovel it up and drop it off back to them.
- April 25, 2021 at 6:23 am #483739Diana MorganLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 648Has thanked: 4424 timesBeen thanked: 2052 times
My steam pressure safety valve opens when I see bags of takeaway rubbish from B K or KFC or McD’s deposited in the gutter or just sitting calmly on the footpath in the morning in plain sight of a council bin, sheer laziness 😡😠
- April 25, 2021 at 6:05 am #483732Michelle SkylarLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 43 times
Just about everything in the news these days. It seems it is all just some writers opinion, the more over the top the better. I refuse to look at anything with “What you need to know” in the title.
- April 25, 2021 at 5:18 am #483715Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 889Has thanked: 8928 timesBeen thanked: 3875 times
I have to agree with most of your’s, sweet Grace, but the worst for me has to be the litter.
Each week, I have to clean a bag from my front yard, and as a long haul driver for so many years, it’s all I saw.
My usual route took me through the pristine northern wilderness of my province, the landscape always takes my breath away, but even up there, the ditches are filled with garbage. I used to stop every couple weeks, at a different pulloff (which ALL had disposal bins), and fill at least one large trash bag with other peoples trash.
It was a small gesture, but always made me feel better, once cooled down
- April 25, 2021 at 5:13 am #483712Amelia LoveLadyRegistered On: March 4, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 58Has thanked: 183 timesBeen thanked: 225 times
Well youve got a couple of good ones there for sure. For me my biggest trigger rhat drives me mad is people who park in handicap parking spots who are only abusing the fact that it’s a close spot. I would really love to attach my own small sign to the signs already there that says “LAZINESS IS NOT A HANDICAP!!!’
Hugs Amelia 🎀
- April 25, 2021 at 5:21 am #483718Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 889Has thanked: 8928 timesBeen thanked: 3875 times
Ohhhh, good one
As the spouse of a disabled person, I DO say something, leave a note, or, if they are still in their vehicle, walk back and forth in front of their vehicle, OBVIOUSLY looking for their sticker, then ask, how they are disabled.
- April 25, 2021 at 5:17 am #483714
- April 25, 2021 at 3:56 am #483692Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 256Has thanked: 2813 timesBeen thanked: 1217 times
- April 25, 2021 at 6:47 am #483751Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 121Has thanked: 282 timesBeen thanked: 500 times
- April 25, 2021 at 6:00 am #483729DuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1073Has thanked: 14359 timesBeen thanked: 4251 times
I so agree Eva. Nothing makes me boil like hearing disparaging remarks about another CD, especially if I see she maybe newly out in public.
I have endured more than enough of that guff directed in my direction, so I know exactly how the girl feels. Usually I can ignore what comes my way, but only if the speaker let’s me. The ones who can’t seem to shut it off should really read up on ‘Assumption Of Risk’, as they have no clue what their words will bring them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.