- January 17, 2021 at 9:54 am #434481DonnaParticipantRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 36Replies: 427Has thanked: 1828 timesBeen thanked: 1410 times
Been looking around on the net and wondering what the best way to speak in more female voice learning few things that can pass if get caught up with a real conversation .But so far been kinda staying away from real chat till can master more female voice. How do most here learn to speak if do. Was thinking maybe if could go to a speech therperist to learn more. IDK any suggestion. Know one day planning on going through the process and getting surgery and getting everything done. But till then would love to speak more naturally like a girl.
- January 18, 2021 at 10:15 pm #435178Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 43Replies: 990Has thanked: 4694 timesBeen thanked: 5136 times
Nice topic Donna!
I really need to work on this more myself. I guess that’s why not too many woman smoke cigars and drink whiskey. Gives a bit of a gravelly voice.☹
- January 18, 2021 at 11:39 pm #435206AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9459 times
Stevie…..I guess that’s why Lee Marvin was not a crossdresser…or was he????…..wow, imagine!!!!
Smiles, grace xx
- January 19, 2021 at 12:36 am #435225Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 43Replies: 990Has thanked: 4694 timesBeen thanked: 5136 times
Lee Marvin, Clint Eastwood (!)….
They would have to be the silent types! 😝
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 18, 2021 at 11:53 pm #435209
- January 18, 2021 at 11:08 am #434976Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 490Has thanked: 394 timesBeen thanked: 2212 times
Expanding on Sandy’s comment. Kathe Perez is the speech pathologist that did a video on CDH a few months ago. Her specialty is helping transgender women. She has an app you can install on your phone. The first bit of her program is free but to get much benefit you’ll have to buy the full package for $108. Not cheap but way cheaper than office visits. Here’s the link to her website: https://www.evaf.app/bundles/basic-membership-cdtgheaven?ref=ac9cc4
- January 18, 2021 at 1:19 pm #435018
- January 18, 2021 at 9:46 am #434950AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 227Has thanked: 298 timesBeen thanked: 920 times
I have heard surgery is not always successful.
Certainly a speech therapist will give you a structured program with exercises.
Check John MacLean Makeup artist on YouTube.
The voice does not resonate from the chest.
He speaks in a whisper breathing out technique.
I did the music scale and found my comfort level. Then speaking from my head if that makes sense.
There are women that have deeper voices but it does not resonate from the chest.
- January 18, 2021 at 1:23 pm #435020DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 36Replies: 427Has thanked: 1828 timesBeen thanked: 1410 times
thank you Jessica will really have to check it out. And yes heard many success and horror stories on surgery. As for transformation planning on going full female sooner or later have a doctor appointment too talk about it next week and maybe start doing the HRT to start the transaction. As for HRT heard that this could help voice too and then heard no can’t.
- January 18, 2021 at 1:48 pm #435036AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 227Has thanked: 298 timesBeen thanked: 920 times
- January 18, 2021 at 2:04 pm #435044DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 36Replies: 427Has thanked: 1828 timesBeen thanked: 1410 times
thank you Jessica looking forward really to the appointment so many questions and hoping to get many unanswered answered. Really wanting to go through this decided months ago and already told some people of the plans. Knowing do have caring parents that told them and they behind me. Told my mother other day she said wished had a daughter instead of 3 sons but still love of us same anyways told her will be getting a Son as daughter
2 users thanked author for this post.
- January 18, 2021 at 9:24 am #434940LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 36Replies: 427Has thanked: 1828 timesBeen thanked: 1410 times
- January 18, 2021 at 7:13 am #434865
- January 18, 2021 at 7:08 am #434861stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 134Replies: 1643Has thanked: 2563 timesBeen thanked: 7262 times
- January 18, 2021 at 10:04 am #434958AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9459 times
- January 18, 2021 at 2:28 am #434760Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 581Has thanked: 728 timesBeen thanked: 1706 times
Hi Donna… what an eternal question.
I can only advise you on what works for me… speak softly and just slightly higher in pitch. Do NOT swear/ use profanity and study how other women speak. If you can follow how they use language then problem solved. Even pitch of the voice will be accepted as women use different language patterns.
- January 17, 2021 at 11:33 pm #434726Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 904Has thanked: 9273 timesBeen thanked: 3509 times
One thing I did not realize but about 10 years ago, one of my CD GF’s mentioned to me that I was using a very mild British accent with some words and phrases, which made me naturally talk softer somewhat.
I had started doing that way back when I would watch Monty Python, I just didn’t realize I had picked it up again until someone pointed it out to me.
- January 17, 2021 at 2:26 pm #434579Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 401Has thanked: 825 timesBeen thanked: 1751 times
- January 17, 2021 at 3:32 pm #434601
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.