Tagged: 

Viewing 47 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stacy Ann May
      Duchess

Hi everyone!

Sometimes when we dress we like to have some of our favorite music playing in the background. Every once in a while the songs line up with our crossdressing experience. So, that got me thinking…

What would be the ultimate crossdressing/transgender music playlist?

There are a few obvious choices that jump out when one first thinks of it, but maybe there are a few tracks out there that aren’t so obvious or might not be as well known.

And, please feel free to add any songs that make you feel especially feminine for any reason, or songs that celebrate femininity in ways that make people smile.

Thanks very much for your comments!

Lola – The Kinks

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da – The Beatles (‘Desmond stays at home and does his pretty face …  ‘)

As I posted elsewhere, my personal favourite is ‘Animate’ by Rush.

Anonymous

Animate? I mean, I love the song, but…something about Rush and crossdressing doesn’t add up for me! 🙂

Rush = awesome, but not sexy.

Hi Stacy Ann

Walk on the wild side , Lou Reed

Nancy Boy, Placebo

She, Green Day

We are not your kind, Slipknot

There are lots more, too many to list.

Jessica x

Anonymous

Slightly different in subject but I always found Annie Lennox very androgynous in her videos mainly in the early eighties. Also Marilyn was in one video, Who’s that girl. Just an observation.x.

Anonymous

FWIW, this is my crossdressing playlist in Apple Music. I call it “Transformer:”

Transgender Dysphoria Blues – Against Me!

Cherry Lips – Garbage

Rebel Rebel – Bowie

She’s Your Cocaine – Tori Amos

Dude (Looks Like a Lady) – Aerosmith

I’m a Boy – The Who

Lola – The Kinks

Out of the Wardrobe – The Kinks

King For A Day – Green Day

True Trans Soul Rebel – Against Me!

I Want to Break Free – Queen (for the video)

Walk On the Wild Side (duh)

Mr. Lady – the Lunachicks

We Exist – Arcade Fire

Born This Way – Lady Gaga

What else you gals got?

Alexis

Clo Reilly
        Baroness

I’m a Green Day fanatic! King for a day is one of my favorite songs, well before I ever knew about my fiancé’s CDing! It kind of helped me lol. If Green Day can do it ..

Smartina
        Duchess

My preferences for songs whish really do reference crossdressing.

Thank you Stacy, Great choices all but the one I haven’t seen is The Low Spark of High Heel Boys by Traffic One om my all time favorites. Coral

Aretha Franklin “You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman” (I think the wonderful Carole King wrote this song).

Roxy641

Anonymous

I like Alexis’ list.

But IMHO,

Party Boys – He’s Gonna Step On You Again

should be added.

Anonymous

shania twain man i feel like a woman

helen reddy i am woman

pat benetar hit me with your best shot

oh Stacy , what a great question – I am listening to my playlist right now!

the song I would add is This is What Makes Us Girls by Lana Del Rey – a favorite of mine…

Jane Doe
      Lady

When In Heaven – Kitchens of Distinction

This Town – The Go-Go’s

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

Samantha does have her own playlist to get ready to. It’s expanding slowly, Style by Taylor Swift is a personal favourite, Lady Gaga’s born this way kicks the playlist off x x

Hi Stacey Anne

The Bianca in me is not afraid to love modern pop, stuff the 70s rock male me would be afraid to admit to loving🤣🤣🤣.

When its Bianca time love Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, Zara Larrson, Mabel, Sigrid, Jess Glynn, even Arianna Grande🤣🤣🤣, just so vibrant and oozes femininity.

love

B

Anonymous

A few more

I enjoy being a girl – various artists

Girls just wanna have fun  – Cyndee Lauper

Rebel Rebel – David Bowie

Another Day – Paul McCartney

Anonymous

These are a few of my favorite songs, they make me feel relaxed, dreamy and feminine:

Seals and Crofts   Diamond Girl

Roberta Flack   Killing me Softly

Gary Wright   Dream Weaver, Love is Alive

Gordon Lightfoot   If you could read my mind

Atlantic Rhythm Section   Imaginary Lover, So into you

Exile  Kiss You All Over

I have just way too many to list !

– anything by Tay Tay.  I just love her singing voice, lyrics, and songwriting abilities.  Very talented artist.  I simply cannot just name the top one, but if I had to :  Shake It Off, Me, You Need to Calm Down, I Wish You Would, State of Grace, and Christmas Tree Farm.

– Call Me Maybe, More Than a Memory, Sweetie > Carly Rae Jepsen

– I Love It > Icona Pop w/ Charli XCX

– Take On the World, theme from Girl Meets World > Sabrina Carpenter

– Make It Shine, theme from Victourious cast > Victoria Justice

– Fight Song > Rachel Platten

– Firework, Roar > Katy Perry

– Ugly Heart > G.R.L.

– Love Myself > Hailee Steinfeld

There are many more, but I find I listen to these the most.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Gordon Lightfoot – If You Could Read My Mind.

Fleetwood Mac – Welcome to the Room, Sara.

Stevie Nick’s – Has Anyone Ever Written Anthing For You?

Led Zeppelin – Stairway to Heaven.  ( love my Zeppelin).

Stevie Nick’s  – Talk to Me.

David Bowie – Rebel Rebel.

Barry Manilow (gulp) – Could it be Magic?

Yeah, I said Barry Manilow.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Repeating myself, but the ultimate Crossdresser song?  Stevie Nick’s- Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You?

Download it, or spin the vinyl.  Sing it to your inner self when dressing.  It’s almost like it was written for us girls.

“”You know I’d rather be alone than to be without you”.

”  “There’s no pain, there’s no doubt”

Always played that song for the special girl in my life.  ….. now l play it for the most special girl. 🙂

” if not for me, do it for the world “.

One of my favorite songs to play when dressed in fem is Woman Up by Meghan Trainor. She is on my list of artists when in fem. Camila Cabello and Fifth Harmony, Ariana Grande, Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift, Rihanna among others.

Hi Everyone,

Another title is “She’s A Beauty” by the Tubes.

Alice

Jill Marshall
      Duchess

I’ll bite on this since I mentioned music in my intro page.  No particular order, depends on my mood!

Tame Impala -Yes I’m Changing.  This one is in order, highly recommend!

Beach House – Wildflower; Lemon Glow

Madonna – Live to Tell

New Order – Bizarre Love Triangle

Smiths – Ask; This Charming Man.  Morrissey turned out to be a terrible disappointment if you expect more from him than lyrics and voice. Nevertheless, I cant help liking the Smiths.

Patsy Cline, Walkin After Midnight, because that’s the only time I have!  and I have to be able to laugh at that a little.

Mona
        Duchess

Hi Jill, just had to comment on your post.  First, Tame Impala are just crazy good – love them (him?).  Also, The Smiths – enjoyed a lot of their music back in their hey day (90’s?).  Couple of their songs come to mind that might go into a playlist (although they’re probably too esoteric: Bishop in a Tutu and Some Girls are Bigger than Other (haha).

Mona

Anonymous

my go to is red high heels by kellie pickler! youll thank me later lol 🙂

Honey Bee-Tom Petty
      Wildflowers-Tom Petty
      Seperate Ways-Journey
      Keep On Loving You-REO Speedwagon
      Somewhere Down The Road-Barry Manillo
      Like A Diamon-Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
      She’s A Beauty-The Tubes
      Simply Irresistible-Robert Palmer
      My Sharona-The Knacks
      Hey Maryanne-The Sputniks
      Some Might Say-Oasis
      Wonderwall-Oasis
      Lady-Styx
      Lady-Kenny Rodgers
      Hello-Lionell Richie
      Louisianna Woman/Missisippi Man-Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty
      I’m Gonna Love You Forever (Amen)-Travis Tritt

I have more,but these are just A few I’ve remembered.Hope you like them!

A young Ann Margret in Bye Bye Birdie singing ‘How lovely to be a woman’.

Flower Drum Song – I enjoy being a girl.

A Chorus Line – Dance: Ten; Looks: Three

ThereseW
      Lady

So many great songs shared on these posts.  One of my favorites that I didn’t see mentioned is “There She Goes” by The La’s.  Equally good is the cover of the song by Sixpence None The Richer.  Yes, I dance around the house to this song!

– Therese

I’ll throw in a couple…

• “Dancing Queen” by ABBA
      • “What It Feels Like For A Girl” by Madonna
      • “Let It Go” from Frozen

Man I Feel Like a Woman – Shania Twain

Rebel Rebel – Bowie

Girls On Film – Duran Duran

The Crying Game – Boy George

Revel
        Baroness

Thanks Jenny for putting the song “Man! I Feel Like A Woman” at the top of your list, just like I done as well. 😊

Revel

[postquote quote=355362]
      This song was written in honor of Joe Walsh and his song “Song For Emma” written for his daughter who was sadly killed as a small child. Very beautiful.

I listen to a lot of different types of music, but for dressing, it’s a lot of disco. Maybe that’s because I grew up in the 70s. So many fun, liberating songs from that period. Highlights for me are Abba “Dancing Queen”,  Diana Ross “I’m Coming Out”, Chaka Khan “I’m Every Woman”, Sister Sledge “We Are Family”, Evelyn ‘Champagne’ King “Shame”, Sylvester “You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real), Donna Summer “I Feel Love”, Tavares “More Than A Woman”, Odyssey “Native New Yorker”, Commodores “Brick House” among others.

So, so many

But my current favourites are

Aerosmith: Dude Looks Like a Lady

Pointer Sisters: I’m So Excited

Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes: I’ve Had the Time of my Life

I need to pay more attention to modern songs and performers, as I’ve heard plenty of recent stuff that really moves me while en femme, but usually on the radio while I’m driving, in a bar, or played live by busking groups.

I am going to collect a new playlist, starting now!

Love Laura

Anonymous

This ones for the girls.  Martina McBride .

Anonymous

I went ahead and created a Spotify playlist with my selections. Check it out!

Hugs,

Lexi

Maya Sol
      Lady

Lou Reed – Walk on the Wild Side

Holly came from Miami, F.L.A.
      Hitch-hiked her way across the U.S.A.
      Plucked her eyebrows on the way
      Shaved her legs and then he was a she
      She says, “Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side”
      Said, “Hey honey, take a walk on the wild side”

I can’t say that I have entire playlist dedicated to it, but some of my favorite artists that lift me up are:

– Sara Bareillis

– Courtney Act

I also enjoy Tessa Violet, but she hasn’t put out any noteworthy new music recently. Sara Bareillis did the musical “Waitress”, it has many great songs and overall just a fun musical to watch, if you’re into musicals.

Heard today on the radio as driving home, seems appropriate as it’s Saturday night and time to de-stress. REO Speedwagon’s” Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore”

Anonymous

I like new music, especially deep bass and music that you literally ‘feel’ ..over tired played-out ‘classics’ So, I wouldn’t think this list would appeal to many. –

Sia ‘Chandelier’ will move you, emotionally..

Tokio hotel have some beautiful songs, sung by beautiful people! Try ‘World behind my wall’.. Or “Durch den monsoon’

I love Miley Cyrus’ new song Midnight Sky, because it’s totally relatable to my present life situation…

I like a bit of gangster type music now and then and 2 Chainz ‘I’m different’ can change my mood!…and the videos pretty sexy! lol

Ellie Goulding can transport you and take you places, try ‘Love me like you do’ When you want to feel raw female emotion. It’s beautiful..

I also love Post Malone – ‘Better now’ When I want to feel bass and blow my speakers up!

I also love The Cardigans, songs like ‘Erase and rewind’ and ‘My favourite game’ ..Just because I admire Nina Perssons so much …and at times wish I WAS her!!!

Hope this gives you some new material! 🙂

Thanks!

My song is Partition by Beyonce. It’s the song when i feel my sexiest and Shayla takes over when I’m dressed up and mouthing the words “Take all, of me, I just want to be the girl you like…”

Shalya

Hi Stacy!

Here is one of my favorites songs that I think belongs on everyone’s list.

Beautiful by Lucy Schwartz

Hugs

Autumn

Most of mine are older than some of you girls here, but they are good:

Rockaria! ……….ELO

Hold On Tight    ELO

Rhiannon(Live, The Dance)           Fleetwood Mac

That’s Right         Jesse Cook  (instrumental mostly, but a good dance tune

Senorita               Los Lonely Boys

Cherry, Cherry  &  Kentucky Woman        Neil Diamond

Just a few.

PaualaF

Aoife
      Lady

one that’s really been connecting with me lately is “under new moons” by sweet crude. they’re a new band from new orleans my wife got me into and while that one is not exactly about gender, it really resonates with the kind of self-discovery we’re all exploring.

Diane G
        Lady

Love seeet crude. I’ve see them numerous times

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

Queen! The playlist I had playing in the background when I came out to my wife. Total surprise, had not talked to her at all, just walked out in full Lola.

My CD Queen playlist:
      1. Let Me Entertain You
      2. Killer Queen
      3. Somebody to Love
      4. Don’t Stop Me Now

God bless Freddie Mercury!

Yvette T
        Lady

I would add ‘I want to break free’ to that list, even if it’s just for the video.

Y

Lola Caprice
          Baroness

Agreed!  You just helped me round out my top five.  Such a fun video, shame on me for leaving that one out!

💖Lola

Anonymous

Just learned of another classic rock tune that references crossdressing that I hadn’t realized before: All Moving Parts by Black Sabbath! It’s on Technical Ecstasy.

Check it out!!!

Anonymous

Garbage – Cherry Lips.

Hmm… very good question. I suppose I have a few in mind…

FOR THE “JUST BEING MY SEXY SELF” MOMENTS: “Sexy Back” – Justin Timberlake
      FOR A “GIRLS-NIGHT” MOMENT: “Man, I Feel Like A Woman” – Shania Twain
      FOR PARTYING MOMENTS: “ADDICT” – Silva Hound (song & music video both for the YouTube series “Hazbin Hotel” posted by Vivziepop)
      FOR THE “F THE HATERS!” MOMENTS: “We’re Not Gonna Take It” – Twisted Sister
      FOR THE “NEVER GIVING UP” MOMENTS: “Don’t Wait” – Joey Graceffa (YouTuber)
      FOR THE MOMENTS WHEN OTHERS HELP BRING OUT MY TRUE SELF: “Be Somebody” – Thousand Foot Krutch (TFK for short)
      FOR THE “LOVING OTHER GIRLS” MOMENTS (EVEN IF CROSSDRESSED AS A GIRL): “I Kissed A Girl” – Katy Perry

This is just a few off the top of my head of course.

Revel
      Baroness

Man! I Feel Like a Woman – Shania Twain

You Need To Calm Down – Taylor Swift

I listen to these songs quite often, and I started a poll here at CDH involving them. Shania got the most votes, and I can understand why. I love her songs, and listen to them when I dress, or when I want to “Rev Up” and dance! I also love the songs:

Love Gets Me Every Time

When

Hugs, Revel

Beverly
      Lady

Anonymous

I’m just a sucker for any pop music!

“eternal flame” by the bangles,

“tide is high” by blondy

Anonymous

Great question! I listen to this playlist when I dress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCkvCPvDXk&list=PLI7y_ahYcHeV5EVSu97g-4jnwS5pik_1k

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?