Viewing 31 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I LOVE to shop at Venus.com! Im a skinny size 8 38C. Ive found their stuff fits us “little” gurls lol. Soooo cute and stylish. Ive also bought some cute cheap things at Rue21.com. VS is ALWAYS go to for pretties lol. Vera Wang shoes are super cute and fit great. I by shoes 1-1 1/2 size bigger.

I have started to shop at https://us.shein.com.  Love the styles and prices so far.

I love Zara!

My new fave place is le chateau.  My recent purchase was 5 skirts for like $64.

Leah
      Baroness

Amazon has been my go to lately,  great options at great prices.  Plus easy return if it does not fit/look right

Anonymous

I used to shop mostly on Amazon; but since the stores have re-opened, the discounts and bargain racks at JC Penney and Kohl’s have made me a steady customer.  And Macy’s has some great bargains going on now, also.

Anonymous

I have most of my girl stuff from Amazon, wigs, dresses, skirts, breast forms, shape wear, some lingerie. They have some cute clothes, but you have to search.  I can spend hours looking at pretty women’s clothing.

I hit my local shops: Sak’s, LV, Dillards, Macy’s, sometime I find stuff at Target or cute little boutiques.

-SR-

We hit the big department stores at the mall, thrift stores, and online. Our fav online site is rosegal.com, they have really cute things for us larger girls. Beware of the Asian sizing, buy what fits then cut the tags out.

It is Goodwill all the way for me!! So many great clothes and shoes. Such great prices. On Tuesdays its 25% off if your over 55 (I am) and on Thursdays its 25%off if your a vet (I am). Love that place!

Hugs

Diane

Gail Rich
      Lady

I like to shop at Torrid and Lane Bryant. I shop in drab, underdressed. I let the SA know I am shopping for myself. I usually go on a weekday morning, and feel comfortable using the fitting rooms. I have also shopped at Macy’s and JCPenny, but do not use the fitting rooms there. I buy my nightgowns from the Woman Within catalog.

Anonymous

I love shopping at Torrid. They have shoes that fit me perfectly and some of their fashions are just wonderful. Macy’s and Kohls are two more places where I find beautiful fashions. Draper James clothing are some of my favorites but have to wait for them to go on sale. Well made and timeless is Draper James. And Goodwill is a great place to find nice expensive clothing. I shop as Carla and have never had a bad experience with any of those stores.

Carla

I still occasionallly love going to the thrift shops like goodwill and find some real treasures. No problem using the dressing room. Mostly I shopped at Macys Target and other big box stores because I like to try things on before purchasing for size and look. I get my makeup and accessories off of Amazon as well as bras and leggins. I just love the mall experience and have had little problems

Emily
      Lady

Mostly goodwill or other thrift shops. I have found some really nice things for very little money. I bought my first 2 skirts there and kept them for years before resonating them because they were too big. Thanks to COVID, I probably should have kept them a little longer lol. I buy panties, bras, tights, stockings, etc at Walmart for the most part. I always shop in drab mode but I have never felt uncomfortable. I did run into a former coworker while I a had a pair of panties in my hand deciding on whether to buy them or not. He never said a word about it. Lol

I shop on line: Venus, Pyramid collection: they carry Palazzo type pants with nice elastic waistbands, SteinMart but they are going out of business, skirts were reasonable prices. Dresses: sweater dresses, or sleeveless @ Dress Barn, Pyramid ( sale section. Heels: Shoe Dazzle ( become a VIP) get them for less than $50.00. Just Fab. Berkshire, Hue, Phillip Montaigne pantyhose & tights Essential Apparel. Her Room panties, some foundation wear. Macy’s & NorthStyle for camisoles. That’s it ladies happy shopping.

All my shopping is online. Being plus size my go to is Torrid which offers really cute styles and often has great sales and clearance if you catch them at the right time. I’ve gotten a few things from Woman Within and found some great pantyhose/tights in my size on Amazon.

I haven’t had the bravery to shop in person yet and I’m high risk for COVID so I’ve mostly stayed home anyway.

Anonymous

Venus is awesome!  So is Soma, at least in my opinion.  I like what Soma produces, both with lingerie and clothing.  I agree with some of the other gurls here with Amazon, but Jin is right about the sizing.  I still like Kohls. I get a lot of great items from there and the pricing can be pretty reasonable.  I have not had a lot of luck at Goodwill, but I am sure you have to go there a lot to find the right stuff.

Hello Riley,                   As I live in the UK, I tend to use UK shops, as I like to go in the store to see what I am getting. I do use the internet, like Amazon mostly. The UK shops I use are Matalan, Asda, Primark, M&S & the charity shops.       love,  Helenmarie

Venus has really cute things! From sexy n sassy to dressy n business!!

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Being in Canada, we have some different shops. I shop in person, in drab and en femme, and of course I buy online as well. Value Village and other thrift shops for used clothes, and I buy new clothes at two main stores, Reitman’s and Ricki’s. Ricki’s tend to be a bit more stylish, but both have nice clothes, and often some deep discounts for the end of season fashions. Even cheaper than some of the thrift stores.

I decided to try Venus, and pay the extra shipping and exchange, but it really didn’t work out too well for me, anyway.

One place I shopped online was Retro Stage, which carries a lot of vintage inspired clothes, and I bought a 20’s style dress from them. Quite a decent piece for the price, though I’m under no illusions that would stand up too frequent use. But who wears a flapper dress all the time anyway?

Through these places I’ve been able to amass quite a wardrobe!

Amy

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Since I began dressing fully femme at 18, I’ve bought clothes from every and any place that sells clothes.

Hi Riley I buy nearly all my clothing from M&S  and have done ever since I have been cross dressing ,I love to wander round their lingerie dept’s ,they have so much to choose from ,a girl finds it so difficult to make a decision .I will admit when I go to the counter to pay  ( I am a closest dresser or best underdresser )  its always buying for my wife ,hopes she likes it etc ,do they believe me !!  recently been buying from them online more ,quite often they have special online prices ,I then go into the store to ‘click and collect’ ,which ever way I buy the items ,I can’t wait to get home ,strip off and try the item ,items on .  Michelle xx

Anonymous

Hi Riley

I do most of my shopping at M&S easy just doing click & collect no problems at all.

I also do the same on Ebay using click & collect the choice is limitless.

I sometimes buy from Amazon again click & collect, none of these present any problems

or anyone knowing.

For me its brick and mortar whenever ppssible.

I still enjoy the human experience and really like helping keep people in my community employed, silly me.

Hi Riley,

I mainly shop at Macy’s, JCPenney, Burlington, and Target. In person of course too as I love to feel and try on the clothes as well!

I shop online at Amazon and a couple other places. In person I like going to Kohl’s, Target, TJ Max and even WalMart. I enjoy bargains.

I shop at Torrid for my sexy dresses, jewelry & shoes.  For panties, lingerie, hosiery and dresses, I go to Lane Bryant.  Thankfully, both are still brick & mortar stores in my area.  And I do go in drab.  I do love Torrid for the fact that they are CD friendly and we can talk fashion like girls.

Online,order through some women’s catalogs I get in the mail,order on QVC,HSN and shophq,Kohl’s.QVC,I love the Susan Graver line and many more.

Shoes are my nightmare.

13W! Ugh.

The world ends at 12. The reason fore the drama? Christian Louboutin stops at 12. Hey ladies, maybe just as well for financial considerations.

Lee Ann

I’m 5’12” tall, about 165 lbs, and I wear a size 10 / 12 / large in clothing and 11.5 / 12 in shoes.

I do the vast majority of my clothing shopping at Marshall’s, with T.J.Maxx coming in at a close second. On line purchases are made fairly often if I’m looking for something in particular that I just can’t seem to find anywhere else. E Bay is my go-to, and lately, I’ve been especially enjoying Posh Mark.

My shoe shopping is done almost exclusively on line. I mostly wear shoes by Stuart Weitzman. They’re outrageously expensive, so I wait until they go out of season and go on sale. If I’m lucky, I’m still able to find them in my size at a reasonable price. J Crew is another favorite for shoes as is Sam Edelman. I know my sizes for all these brands. They’re well crafted, are made of quality materials and fit amazingly! In order, my shoe shopping preference is E Bay, Nordstrom / Nordstrom Rack, Posh Mark, 6 p.m., and The Outnet.

And the crowning glory, my hair, is custom made by Cooper Wigs. Custom made pieces tend to get a little expensive, but I believe that the hair is something a girl just doesn’t skimp on, and it is SOOO worth the investment.

I could really go on for pages about my shopping habits!

Gee…  now that you all know my sizes and preferences, maybe I should prepare for lots of presents and gift cards, huh? (Ha ha ha!) (*Snort!) (Omg, I’m so sorry, that was so unlady-like!)

If you have any questions or need any help tracking something down (I live for the hunt!), give me a shout!

I love you all!

Cait

I shop in many different stores.Macys,Target,Walmart.Theres a private ownedstore near me.Jewel beauty supply.I got a few wigs there.They have a nice selection at a good price.I also get makeup there.The girls a very helpful there.Rainbow is another store I like.Theres other stores too.I got some nice clothes at the boutique at femme fever.I haven’t ordered anything on line yet.I find getting shoes is the hardest.I wear between an 11 and 12 depending on the shoe.The stores never seem to have many shoes in my size.

I began shopping at Wal-Mart and my local super grocery store. Then added Target, Meijer, and K-Mart(until they closed). Then found a local owned lingerie boutique that was accepting of CDers. Shopping at this lingerie boutique allowed me to build up my courage, since I shop in “male mode”, to browse in any store that sells women’s clothes. I’ve gone into discount & clearance/close-out stores, consignment/thrift/charity/vintage/re-sale and second hand stores, I’ve walked the malls and outlet complexes, gone to strip mall stores, and browsed boutiques. Of course I still hit the stores that I began with.

I shop at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. I find most of the clothes I need there. And if I can’t find what I am looking for I will head off to Walmart.

Finding shoes can be challenge and have used online stores like The Breast Form Store and Shoe Freak.

A little off topic but as a guy I hate shopping for clothes but as a girl I can’t wait to head to The Thrift Store and hope I find a gem.

Caroline

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?