- September 15, 2020 at 8:43 am #384026Riley McCortParticipantRegistered On: September 10, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 20Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 89 times
I LOVE to shop at Venus.com! Im a skinny size 8 38C. Ive found their stuff fits us “little” gurls lol. Soooo cute and stylish. Ive also bought some cute cheap things at Rue21.com. VS is ALWAYS go to for pretties lol. Vera Wang shoes are super cute and fit great. I by shoes 1-1 1/2 size bigger.
- October 3, 2020 at 5:04 pm #390076Caroline RossParticipantRegistered On: October 3, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 30 timesBeen thanked: 125 times
I shop at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. I find most of the clothes I need there. And if I can’t find what I am looking for I will head off to Walmart.
Finding shoes can be challenge and have used online stores like The Breast Form Store and Shoe Freak.
A little off topic but as a guy I hate shopping for clothes but as a girl I can’t wait to head to The Thrift Store and hope I find a gem.
- October 2, 2020 at 1:19 pm #389664Brittney AndrewsParticipantRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 569Has thanked: 35163 timesBeen thanked: 944 times
I began shopping at Wal-Mart and my local super grocery store. Then added Target, Meijer, and K-Mart(until they closed). Then found a local owned lingerie boutique that was accepting of CDers. Shopping at this lingerie boutique allowed me to build up my courage, since I shop in “male mode”, to browse in any store that sells women’s clothes. I’ve gone into discount & clearance/close-out stores, consignment/thrift/charity/vintage/re-sale and second hand stores, I’ve walked the malls and outlet complexes, gone to strip mall stores, and browsed boutiques. Of course I still hit the stores that I began with.
- September 27, 2020 at 6:36 pm #388133Robin GirlyParticipantRegistered On: March 29, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 92Has thanked: 182 timesBeen thanked: 235 times
I shop in many different stores.Macys,Target,Walmart.Theres a private ownedstore near me.Jewel beauty supply.I got a few wigs there.They have a nice selection at a good price.I also get makeup there.The girls a very helpful there.Rainbow is another store I like.Theres other stores too.I got some nice clothes at the boutique at femme fever.I haven’t ordered anything on line yet.I find getting shoes is the hardest.I wear between an 11 and 12 depending on the shoe.The stores never seem to have many shoes in my size.
- September 27, 2020 at 2:10 pm #388075Lee Ann RakersParticipantRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 437Has thanked: 666 timesBeen thanked: 1297 times
- September 27, 2020 at 4:45 pm #388111Caitlin PriestParticipantRegistered On: June 3, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 22Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 46 times
I’m 5’12” tall, about 165 lbs, and I wear a size 10 / 12 / large in clothing and 11.5 / 12 in shoes.
I do the vast majority of my clothing shopping at Marshall’s, with T.J.Maxx coming in at a close second. On line purchases are made fairly often if I’m looking for something in particular that I just can’t seem to find anywhere else. E Bay is my go-to, and lately, I’ve been especially enjoying Posh Mark.
My shoe shopping is done almost exclusively on line. I mostly wear shoes by Stuart Weitzman. They’re outrageously expensive, so I wait until they go out of season and go on sale. If I’m lucky, I’m still able to find them in my size at a reasonable price. J Crew is another favorite for shoes as is Sam Edelman. I know my sizes for all these brands. They’re well crafted, are made of quality materials and fit amazingly! In order, my shoe shopping preference is E Bay, Nordstrom / Nordstrom Rack, Posh Mark, 6 p.m., and The Outnet.
And the crowning glory, my hair, is custom made by Cooper Wigs. Custom made pieces tend to get a little expensive, but I believe that the hair is something a girl just doesn’t skimp on, and it is SOOO worth the investment.
I could really go on for pages about my shopping habits!
Gee… now that you all know my sizes and preferences, maybe I should prepare for lots of presents and gift cards, huh? (Ha ha ha!) (*Snort!) (Omg, I’m so sorry, that was so unlady-like!)
If you have any questions or need any help tracking something down (I live for the hunt!), give me a shout!
I love you all!
- September 27, 2020 at 11:38 am #388053Erin MondaleParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 16Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 131 times
Online,order through some women’s catalogs I get in the mail,order on QVC,HSN and shophq,Kohl’s.QVC,I love the Susan Graver line and many more.
- September 27, 2020 at 6:40 am #387988Rachel WilliamsParticipantRegistered On: June 16, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 170Has thanked: 392 timesBeen thanked: 423 times
I shop at Torrid for my sexy dresses, jewelry & shoes. For panties, lingerie, hosiery and dresses, I go to Lane Bryant. Thankfully, both are still brick & mortar stores in my area. And I do go in drab. I do love Torrid for the fact that they are CD friendly and we can talk fashion like girls.
- September 27, 2020 at 5:11 am #387971Jennifer LynnParticipantRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 69Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 325 times
I shop online at Amazon and a couple other places. In person I like going to Kohl’s, Target, TJ Max and even WalMart. I enjoy bargains.
- September 27, 2020 at 5:07 am #387968Rachel CoxParticipantRegistered On: March 25, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 33Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 187 times
I mainly shop at Macy’s, JCPenney, Burlington, and Target. In person of course too as I love to feel and try on the clothes as well!
- September 26, 2020 at 3:31 pm #387838Olivia LivinParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 35Replies: 1454Has thanked: 6237 timesBeen thanked: 3375 times
For me its brick and mortar whenever ppssible.
I still enjoy the human experience and really like helping keep people in my community employed, silly me.
- September 26, 2020 at 1:48 pm #387821Sarah Du HessisseParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 30Has thanked: 104 timesBeen thanked: 100 times
I do most of my shopping at M&S easy just doing click & collect no problems at all.
I also do the same on Ebay using click & collect the choice is limitless.
I sometimes buy from Amazon again click & collect, none of these present any problems
or anyone knowing.
- September 24, 2020 at 11:13 pm #387326Michelle BaileyParticipantRegistered On: July 17, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 87Has thanked: 1501 timesBeen thanked: 288 times
Hi Riley I buy nearly all my clothing from M&S and have done ever since I have been cross dressing ,I love to wander round their lingerie dept’s ,they have so much to choose from ,a girl finds it so difficult to make a decision .I will admit when I go to the counter to pay ( I am a closest dresser or best underdresser ) its always buying for my wife ,hopes she likes it etc ,do they believe me !! recently been buying from them online more ,quite often they have special online prices ,I then go into the store to ‘click and collect’ ,which ever way I buy the items ,I can’t wait to get home ,strip off and try the item ,items on . Michelle xx
- September 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm #386156
- September 21, 2020 at 3:48 am #385895
- September 19, 2020 at 7:48 pm #385391Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1036Has thanked: 2637 timesBeen thanked: 2443 times
Being in Canada, we have some different shops. I shop in person, in drab and en femme, and of course I buy online as well. Value Village and other thrift shops for used clothes, and I buy new clothes at two main stores, Reitman’s and Ricki’s. Ricki’s tend to be a bit more stylish, but both have nice clothes, and often some deep discounts for the end of season fashions. Even cheaper than some of the thrift stores.
I decided to try Venus, and pay the extra shipping and exchange, but it really didn’t work out too well for me, anyway.
One place I shopped online was Retro Stage, which carries a lot of vintage inspired clothes, and I bought a 20’s style dress from them. Quite a decent piece for the price, though I’m under no illusions that would stand up too frequent use. But who wears a flapper dress all the time anyway?
Through these places I’ve been able to amass quite a wardrobe!
- September 17, 2020 at 9:14 am #384585
- September 17, 2020 at 7:25 am #384554helenmarieParticipantRegistered On: August 1, 2018Topics: 9Replies: 120Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 301 times
Hello Riley, As I live in the UK, I tend to use UK shops, as I like to go in the store to see what I am getting. I do use the internet, like Amazon mostly. The UK shops I use are Matalan, Asda, Primark, M&S & the charity shops. love, Helenmarie
- September 17, 2020 at 4:15 am #384494Dana “Jennifer” BantonParticipantRegistered On: March 19, 2018Topics: 6Replies: 52Has thanked: 184 timesBeen thanked: 258 times
Venus is awesome! So is Soma, at least in my opinion. I like what Soma produces, both with lingerie and clothing. I agree with some of the other gurls here with Amazon, but Jin is right about the sizing. I still like Kohls. I get a lot of great items from there and the pricing can be pretty reasonable. I have not had a lot of luck at Goodwill, but I am sure you have to go there a lot to find the right stuff.
- September 16, 2020 at 2:07 pm #384351Alice LidellParticipantRegistered On: August 8, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 12Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 82 times
All my shopping is online. Being plus size my go to is Torrid which offers really cute styles and often has great sales and clearance if you catch them at the right time. I’ve gotten a few things from Woman Within and found some great pantyhose/tights in my size on Amazon.
I haven’t had the bravery to shop in person yet and I’m high risk for COVID so I’ve mostly stayed home anyway.
- September 16, 2020 at 8:16 am #384272Robert MarsiniParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 4Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 2 times
I shop on line: Venus, Pyramid collection: they carry Palazzo type pants with nice elastic waistbands, SteinMart but they are going out of business, skirts were reasonable prices. Dresses: sweater dresses, or sleeveless @ Dress Barn, Pyramid ( sale section. Heels: Shoe Dazzle ( become a VIP) get them for less than $50.00. Just Fab. Berkshire, Hue, Phillip Montaigne pantyhose & tights Essential Apparel. Her Room panties, some foundation wear. Macy’s & NorthStyle for camisoles. That’s it ladies happy shopping.
- September 16, 2020 at 7:41 am #384267EmilyParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 13Replies: 433Has thanked: 2216 timesBeen thanked: 1094 times
Mostly goodwill or other thrift shops. I have found some really nice things for very little money. I bought my first 2 skirts there and kept them for years before resonating them because they were too big. Thanks to COVID, I probably should have kept them a little longer lol. I buy panties, bras, tights, stockings, etc at Walmart for the most part. I always shop in drab mode but I have never felt uncomfortable. I did run into a former coworker while I a had a pair of panties in my hand deciding on whether to buy them or not. He never said a word about it. Lol
- September 16, 2020 at 7:10 am #384264Deborah SullivanParticipantRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 307Has thanked: 1239 timesBeen thanked: 1030 times
I still occasionallly love going to the thrift shops like goodwill and find some real treasures. No problem using the dressing room. Mostly I shopped at Macys Target and other big box stores because I like to try things on before purchasing for size and look. I get my makeup and accessories off of Amazon as well as bras and leggins. I just love the mall experience and have had little problems
- September 16, 2020 at 2:24 am #384223Carla JonesParticipantRegistered On: May 14, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 261Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 935 times
I love shopping at Torrid. They have shoes that fit me perfectly and some of their fashions are just wonderful. Macy’s and Kohls are two more places where I find beautiful fashions. Draper James clothing are some of my favorites but have to wait for them to go on sale. Well made and timeless is Draper James. And Goodwill is a great place to find nice expensive clothing. I shop as Carla and have never had a bad experience with any of those stores.
- September 15, 2020 at 2:07 pm #384081Gail RichParticipantRegistered On: October 11, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 26Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 85 times
I like to shop at Torrid and Lane Bryant. I shop in drab, underdressed. I let the SA know I am shopping for myself. I usually go on a weekday morning, and feel comfortable using the fitting rooms. I have also shopped at Macy’s and JCPenny, but do not use the fitting rooms there. I buy my nightgowns from the Woman Within catalog.
- September 15, 2020 at 2:05 pm #384080Diane CrowParticipantRegistered On: October 21, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 164Has thanked: 1440 timesBeen thanked: 701 times
- September 15, 2020 at 1:29 pm #384074Jin CrockerParticipantRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 261Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 601 times
- September 15, 2020 at 1:23 pm #384073Samantha RoarkeAmbassadorRegistered On: April 17, 2019Topics: 40Replies: 873Has thanked: 1890 timesBeen thanked: 1680 times
- September 15, 2020 at 12:50 pm #384067AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 9Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 30 times
- September 15, 2020 at 11:20 am #384052Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1434Has thanked: 2342 timesBeen thanked: 4267 times
- September 15, 2020 at 10:46 am #384044LeahParticipantRegistered On: June 13, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 180Has thanked: 2340 timesBeen thanked: 524 times
- September 15, 2020 at 10:20 am #384041
- September 15, 2020 at 9:21 am #384032
- September 15, 2020 at 9:03 am #384027
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.