Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hey girls, Off the top…yes I know some of you ladies are follically challenged.

But I am not. My career in the arts allows for long hair. It is now past my shoulders and I am now , after years of more and more highlighting, gone 100% blonde. I really enjoy it. People who ask about my colour I say that inside I am not mousy brown with silver and grey throughout.

What’s more I really enjoy going to the salon in femme mode for touch-ups, straightening, curling, braiding..updos…whatever. There is nothing more femme than being pampered as a woman in an all female salon!

I only use a wig now for colours I can’t wear in male mode.

When I win the lottery I’ll try mohogany red!

I have ten wigs . Two of them are short, four are mid length and the rest are long. I love seeing the long hair hanging over my shoulders and think it is” oh-so- feminine”, but I can’t stand having my own hair any length. I get my hair cut at a short length on a regular basis and it drives me nuts if I let it go too long. Is weird eh ??? I guess I will stick to wigs.

Except for high school and college in the 80s, I have always had short hair.  I do have a medium length and long wig. However, I am trying to grow it out so that I can style it as a guy or a girl.

Anonymous

Since retiring I’ve been able to let my hair grow and I can wear earrings whenever I want to. I’ve kept my wigs because eventually nature will win out, but for now I have my own tresses to attend to.

🙂

Rose
      Lady

I’m another of those “male pattern baldness” sufferers. The hair on the top of my head is mostly gone; I just can’t quite bring myself to shave the rest off yet. Back in college – late 80s into the early 90s – I had a mullet (*shudders*) like so many other guys at the time. The “party in the back” hair came down past my shoulders a bit; when I wore my hockey jersey, my hair would obscure part of my nameplate when I was standing still, as a reference point.

Now, I keep my hair no longer than my collar – and only ever that length because there are times I can’t get to the barber for various reasons. I’ve considered getting it buzzed or even shaved, but just can’t quite bring myself to go there yet.

I have 3 wigs, one short and two that are best described as medium-length, I guess.All three are various shades of brown – the longest is a bit darker, maybe even best described as auburn rather than brown depending on the lighting. That one comes to my shoulders, and is my preferred of the three.

For many years I had long hair.  When I let it grow out it was gorgeous, if I may say so humbly.  It had lovely waves and curls.  It was to the middle of my back at one point.  Sadly these days I am among the follically challenged as you put it.  Every ow and then I think about growing it back then I see the receding hairline and bald spot on top and buzz it once again.  So it’s wigs for me. The buzz cut allows the wigs to be cooler and more comfortable and extremely low maintenance.

Anonymous

So going long again……..

My hair is long again and my highlights have ganged up to the point where I now get a total blonde color.

Last Friday I went back in time, back in fact to the hairdressing school where they once set my tresses in a zillion ringlets on those spongy bendy roller sticks!

Another time I got cornrows just to about my ears and they crimped the rest flowing back….

BTW..If you are just getting your ends trimmed, or having your hair set, curled or straightened….hair dressing academies are are fab places because the price is much lower and because the student is being graded on quality of service. They have a looser time limit and will not upsell you on products. I am not so sure I’d do a big cut, a color or a perm with a student.

So, as I was saying, I got the ringlet treatment again but this time with a secret sauce Jamaican setting lotion they said would last longer would maybe leave some wave after my next shampoo.

Well, there is the wonderful experience of anticipation sitting under the dryer, we should all feel that. And then the moment of delicious feminine truth.

Wow! The feeling as student Helene unleashed those screwy springs and they literally snap back and then she delicately separated and combed each of a couple hundred corkscrews!…..

I hope heaven is like this.

And my hair is shinier than I have ever seen it.

Yes, it did stay as lovely waves for two shampoos (so far) and the shine won’t give up!.

Another time, same school…..

I asked for an updo and ended up in front of a class as a model.  I ended up with one of those bridal updos with so many bobbypins (thirty actually) in there that would have set off a metal detector.

And the cool femme-feel thing about such an updo with all those thirty curls pinned in place was how it looked so soft and shiny it looked, but did not move at all.

I’ll talk about my adventures with another femme feeling experience….french braiding.

I wore wigs for years then as life changed and I found myself living alone, I decided to grow my hair out. It had been years since I had anything but a military style haircut. It took about two years, but now I have hair that is to the middle of my back, and much to my surprise, with a lot of natural curls that make several of my female friends envious. I have a very simple and easily maintained casual style and still have a thick mane. A little more gray than I remember, but a color touch up every four to six weeks takes care of that. More time in the morning but I love having my own long hair.

I have been very fortunate in having freedom to grow my hair as I desire. I have had it waist length and have had it in a number of different colours, I am a natural dark brunette but have dyed it copper, red, and auburn at various times. I have gone to work with multiple braids in, french braided even with a french roll. I wear my earrings, studs only and have never had a major issue about my various styles and colours. I had the good fortune to live with a hairdresser who loved to play with and style my hair. I am cursed with fine straight hair that would never hold curls or perms much to my displeasure. I now have shorter hair and often style it in a pixie style. I have decided on no more dyes, instead I am letting it go grey or much to my delight a bright silver as it is turning right now. All I can say is be yourself if you are able and do not let the concern of how others will react guide your life, let your inner woman out whenever possible and enjoy life to the fullest.

Hugs to all my sisters out there.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?