11 Posts
2 Users
0 Thanks
Admin
Topic starter
(@cdh)
Famed Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America
wpf-cross-image

Time doesn’t just fly when you’re having fun, it spreads it’s wings when you’re busy, work or play. Now I’d like to say that I spent the last week in absence crossdressing and perfecting new feminine techniques to share with you, but alas I only did that for a few days 🙂

I spent most of my time working on some exciting improvements that will be coming soon to Crossdresser Heaven. Stay tuned, I’ll take the wraps off them in the next week or two.

This was a brief crossdressing intermission for Crossdresser Heaven, and if anything I know that crossdressers understand those brief or long periods between your feminine expression. Thanks to all the ladies who recently submitted Crossdressing Success Stories, or sent me email – I’m working to catch up over the next week or two, you should hear from me soon.

A Pause in Your Crossdressing?

We take a breather from crossdressing for many reasons. For some the summer months are so filled with family activities that it’s hard to find some feminine time. Others may be intimidated by the more revealing summer styles (more on this in a future post…). Perhaps it’s the ritual purge performed in search of a cure for crossdressing, or the natural waxing and waning in the desire to crossdress.

Whatever your reason, I’m willing to bet that you’ve spent some period of time not crossdressing – not even thinking about it. As strange as it sounds, perhaps you’ve even felt guilty about not crossdressing. You’ve thought to yourself, ‘if I don’t feel like crossdressing now, perhaps it really is just a phase I’m going through?’.

There’s nothing wrong with a brief respite from crossdressing as long as you don’t feel forced or coerced into it. And trust me, there’s nothing quite like an overactive sense of shame and guilt to force you into an unwilling crossdressing vacation.

Have you taken a break from crossdressing recently? Why did you do it?

10 Replies
(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

Yeah... the big summer break. Well, unless it gets too hot, these days I don't seem to have the traditional off-time. :-

In previous years, the interest in dressing up would fade as the months grew warmer and the summer fashions would be aired. These days, it seems the urge comes and goes during the year instead.

I guess there's always one isn't there? 😀

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

I had a brief stoppage of my crossdressing when I first got married to my first wife, Not much after words I went back to what I loved the most, That was being me the" true me" That happen 20 years ago..... Now I'm glad I'm Dawn not the other the other person I was when I was born...GRRRRRRRRR

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

I have taken short breaks on crossdressing but they are very short lived as the desire to dress comes blazing back as the break was only due to not feeling well or overly tired,otherwise I dress up every night when i get home until I wake up the next morning.I have even sat out on the porch late at night wearing a skirt and pantyhose or wearing tight jeans(commando) as we know its a thrill to be outside dressed in something feminine.

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

When I take a break from dressing it usually comes as a result of my bride getting tired of my sneaking around and oft times underdressing when she is home. The occasional telltale bra strap showing through my tee-shirt or a peek of lace from pettipants or a half slip showing at the hem of my shorts, well, lets say things can get ugly in a hurray. Anyway, I sometimes find I need to back off if the "pink fog" has a grip on my sense of what is right to do and what is not when it comes to dressing. I can rationalize underdressing 24/7 and wearing something fun around the house when I'm doing housework or puttering in the backyard, but, if I get caught up in that rationalization my bride usually comes home sooner than expected and I have to dash off to the bedroom and do a quick change routine. She, of course, knows what is going on and is none too happy for the rest of the day. My breaks seldom last much longer than a week or two.

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

The reason I've taken a break from it currently is the lack of funds to be able to enjoy getting dressed up to go somewhere.

Money is very tight in our household with me the only working person in it at the moment and still collecting unemployment.

It's hard to feel the desire to look my best with the money situation.

So, I just haven't done it. When I get dressed up, I love to go shopping (especially for shoes which my wife takes issue with and says, "Why are you buying more shoes when you don't even have a place to go?").

And, to add on to it, I've been feeling depressed due to our finances at the moment. It's hard and we're struggling.

Now add in the fact that I am more than a crossdresser, and I love looking my best, but it's EXTREMELY difficult to find a job even in the liberal Pacific NW where there are the most open minded individuals in the US.

So, here I am... Dealing with finances with needing a serious girls night out and no money to do what it is I'd like to do for one night out on the town.

Ugh!

There is a positive note that I can addon... I'm part owner in a game development company working on a PC game which we may be getting funding for hopefully in the next few months then I won't have to worry about having a job anymore and the pay would be the most I've ever made in my life.

Please pray that this company works out for us!

Admin
Topic starter
(@cdh)
Famed Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America

Hey Jessica, you gotta get those gorgeous threads on again 🙂

Lynn, hehe, too true.

Dawn - that's a tough decision, I can empathize though. I'm not the person I appear to be, and it tears me up inside.

Kelly it's awesome that you get to dress every night. I only manage a few times a week.

It's quite a dance when loved ones are involved Kathy. It sounds like she's quite upset about your crossdressing in general. Have you had a chance to have some deep conversations about this? It must be hard to balance your wife's wishes with your own needs.

Patti - it's tough to look gorgeous on a budget. If funds are tight, Goodwill can sometimes be a treasure trove - provided you're willing to dig for the treasure 🙂 Good luck in your new venture. Hopefully it'll open up more opportunities to enjoy being who you are.

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

I too have experienced the on again off again cycle in my dressing. When I was younger it seemed like it would happen right after the holidays. I used to take part of my vacation right before Christmas, and while my wife was at work and the kids were in school, I'd spend the day dressed up. Puttering around the house, reading, watching tv, drawing and painting, all as Vicki. I suppose after a week of scratching that itch as much as I could, and then the natural let down after Christmas and New Year, I seemed to just not want or need to dress up. When it happened the first time or two, I DID wonder if the desire had left me. And I'll admit it, it sort of bothered me that it might. I should add that my wife, while tolerant, was not really in favor of my dressing, and definitely not supportive. She had been at the beginning of our marriage, but cooled quickly. She is now my ex wife, for a number of reason, but if you were to ask us both, I'd guess we'd agree that my dressing was the elephant in the room that neither of us talked about. I know she enjoyed my "breaks", I think she believed that showed I could stop if I wanted to. For awhile I thought so too, and there was always in the early years that sense that I SHOULD stop.
Of course, come about mid February, and even despite my efforts to keep the “break” going, the old desire would start creeping back in and before you knew it, I would be dressing whenever I could find the time and opportunity. It was probably about this time as well that I began to realize that this was something that was probably not going to go away, just because I wanted it to, or because I wanted to do it for my wife. But I was also starting to do more research on it and was coming to the conclusion, in my reading and in e-mail exchanges with other girls, that this was more than an adopted “hobby” and was more about how I was created. There was still of course some guilt about it, and it was increasingly clear that my wife was actually less than tolerant, if not downright hostile. The ebb and flow of wanting to do it continued, but the timing varied and I noticed too that the downtime was shorter and even less intense. It was perhaps an acceptance on my part that this was just part of the rhythm and that if it didn’t return, than so be it.
Which brings me to this summer past, with just a little bit of background filler. My first marriage has ended, as of three years ago this coming March, I’ve met a woman that not only accepts me, but encourages and helps me in my dressing. I’ve joined a local CD club and as you know, Vanessa and I have met for a nice Saturday afternoon kaffeklatsch, and Vanessa has joined my girlfriend and I at church, as Vanessa, a number of times now. (YOU GO GIRL, I still have that threshold to cross, so to speak) So the bottom line is, I am free to express myself as often and pretty much however I please. Still, this past summer has been one of those periods where the desire has sort of fallen off. I think an unseasonably warm and dry summer in the northwest hasn’t helped, since I favor less revealing styles of clothing, (well except for the occasional mini skirt) and boots, oh how I love boots, so the weather didn’t exactly cooperate. But other times I’d have the opportunity and when my gf would ask if I was going to get dressed, I’d say no. In reality there were many times when I just didn’t feel like it. Of course then I began to wonder that after all the blessings I’ve received if God was going to pull a huge joke on me and the desire was just going to go away now. I don’t think that is the case, because the desire is still there. I have way too much invested at this point, in clothes and shoes, I’ve had my ears pierced, I tend to let my nails grow a little long, I’m debating whether to let my hair grow, pulling it back in an aging hippie pony tail while in guy mode. I’m gaining new friends and making strides in allowing myself to be more public with my feminine side. The result is often at the end of a Saturday or Sunday of being dressed and made up, I just want to kick my heels off and get out of the skirt and blouse and relax in a dumpy pair of sweats. I don’t know for sure that the ebb and flow is now just a natural part of being an in between person. I’m looking forward to the next few years unfolding in the life of Vicki.
I want to emphasize that I sympathize with those girls who still struggle in the closet, or with wives who do not understand, I even sympathize with the wives, for I imagine it is a difficult place to be when the man you married reveals he wants to dress like you. As my ex so aptly put it, it was bad enough he wanted to dress, but did he have to look better too? I know the statistics prove my fortune is rare, rare indeed, and I have a deep feeling that God has given me this opportunity to do something so that the girls hidden and lonely might be able to find courage to first be themselves, but help their spouse, SO, child, come to a place of acceptance and understanding that it is a natural desire. We’re just a little different than most, but very much like most folks in more ways than we are different. It’s funny that one of the things that now help me to snap out of that period of Crossdressing hibernation is to read of the struggles of others, and compare it to the gift I’ve been given. Or to read the story of the 16 year old in Georgia who has come to a place of conflict with their school over their desire to dress as a girl, and then to read that on line polls state that over 70 percent of those polled agree with the school and not with the 16 year old. So there is for me work to be done, and whether a brief break from dressing is occasionally in order, the pendulum always seems to swing back and I’m ready and anxious to explore my feminine self again and anew.

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

I am always wishing I could dress up more but thats not always possible. I feel I need to break away and live my femme life. I am attracted to women or other crossdressers, so I guess I am a femme lesbian trapped in this masculine life. Someday I hope to live as a woman fulltime.

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

I haven't dressed in over 15 years, mostly due to my children. I don't feel it's fair to expose them and possibly influence their sexuality. I still think about it everyday and will someday dress again, I'm sure. The desire never goes away, no matter how many times one purges. I do wonder though, if I had the same figure I had in my twenties if I would feel the same.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?