Notifications
Clear all
Poll results: How old are we all? Are you in your...
Voter(s): 226
Poll is closed Apr 04, 2024
Under 20  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
20's  -  votes: 2 / 0.9%
0.9%
30's  -  votes: 7 / 3.1%
3.1%
40's  -  votes: 25 / 11.1%
11.1%
50's  -  votes: 39 / 17.3%
17.3%
60's  -  votes: 81 / 35.8%
35.8%
70's  -  votes: 65 / 28.8%
28.8%
80's and up  -  votes: 7 / 3.1%
3.1%

How old are we all?

62 Posts
40 Users
214 Thanks
(@Anonymous 95517)

56 and delighted to have found this site.

Hostess
(@ab123)
Famed Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

Of course the poll is a snapshot but already has some interesting replies. If a lot of us older girls had the same opportunities as the young have now we would be on the forums. I am aware of all the more modern alternatives available and there are many youngsters who are very much out. There is a better freedom of expression now.

I often get mistaken for being younger than my actual years than if in drab. And long may it continue.

Baroness Annual
(@secretpassions)
Noble Member     Wisconsin, United States of America

I am in my 30’s. He will be 64 in a few weeks. I wish he would have listened to me sooner!!

Smile Laugh Lara

1 Reply
Baroness Annual
(@delaware)

Honorable Member     los angeles, ca, United States of America

@secretpassions 

ha ha ............my guy was like that too ...................he and I talk a lot now ..........I like it when he gets pretty dresses for me ...............to look cute for him ..................

Lady
(@sallyj)
Estimable Member     California, United States of America

Thanks Becca for doing this poll. As I’ve read the comments here over the last month since I joined, I’ve wondered about the age demographics. 

I’m in my mid seventies, and some of the suggested reasons for why the poll results skew toward the higher ages ring true to me. The personal and professional consequences of being known as a transvestite (I don’t think crossdresser was a recognized term) when I was younger would have been calamitous. And societal acceptance was close to nil. I’m always fascinated when I see stories of those who dressed feminine in the post WWII era up through the establishment of the internet. Courageous individuals.

But today, with sites like this one, we have much greater opportunity to converse with, and learn from, others while still maintaining our privacy if we want.

As others have, I have noticed that the Reddit forums seem to have a much younger demographic, and have also noticed that they tend to be much more picture oriented and have much less conversation than this site. Perhaps many of us are drawn to this site by the depth and breadth of the discussions.

A final thought. There was a book published a few years back titled “The Rules of Aging.” (I think it might still be available.) If I recall correctly, the first rule was that ‘It doesn’t matter,’ though I also think of it as the ‘What the heck’ rule. So what the heck if I’m a crossdresser and belong to a website with like minded, frequently fascinating, individuals. I can do whatever I like at my age. It doesn’t matter.

1 Reply
(@rebeccabaxter)

Prominent Member     Cornwall, United Kingdom

@sallyj 

Of course it is only in the modern world of internet forums that what we do here is even possible, a frank exchange of ideas is a delight (usually) that was unavailable even up to the year 2000 (ish), although there were bulletin boards, a precursor to today's forums, before that.

Perhaps young cross-dressers frequent more photograph-based sites because they are more interested in promoting themselves than listening to other people, although I appreciate I may be being unfair in a lot of cases.

Your comment about 'what the heck' is a phrase that occurs time and again [in various forms] on this forum and has to be right up there in the list as to why we do what we do here. The thought of our impending doom looms larger and larger as we get on a bit and, as is often said, 'on your death bed, you regret not what you have done, but what you haven't done'.

Lady
(@jesh)
Trusted Member     South Australia, Australia

Drab me will be 70 later this year. I think of myself as being early 40's.

Baroness Annual
(@delaware)

Hi Becca ...................Truth be told ......I am 70 ............but when dressed ........I feel so much better and am .......25 ..............when dressed and play with my dogs ...........I feel ..............16!!!!   

Lady
Topic starter
(@rebeccabaxter)

@jesh 

@delaware 

You both feel much younger than I do. I see myself as being in my early to mid fifties but that's still 15 years or more off. If makeup was the norm for men, I'm sure a lot more people would be using it to look younger, as it is, Becca has taught me the use of concealer for me as a man; what a wonderful product I was not aware of.

1 Reply
Baroness Annual
(@delaware)

@rebeccabaxter 

hi ..............when in the closet, my Blue side and I go on dates ................have deep conversations .............tells me everything ...........I help him be a better man to SO ............help heal the wounds of many years ................SO notices the difference ...........but has no idea about ......me ...................but then again .....maybe? .....becuase she has allowed him to grow his hair out ..........a pony tail ...........so far ............down to mid back .......I LOVE IT!!!! ....................because of that ..........he and I are much closer .........and in touch all the time .......instead of hiding as a man ..........then having urges to be girlie ............fighting it  ...............so much better now ............................he has a mustache and beard to keep people guessing ...........wish it was gone ............but having the pony tail .........is a compromise ...................karley Heart  

(@jacquelinelarkspur)
Famed Member     Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom

I'm in the 60s bracket, but I like to think that when dressed I knock 20 years off.

Lady
(@sugden)
Estimable Member     South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Fit in the 60 bracket , but feel 40 

Duchess Annual
(@trishamorgan)
Eminent Member     Kingman, Arizona, United States of America

I'll be 69 later this year and proud of it!  I'm nowhere near my expiration date, I figure I have another 30+ years left in me and I plan to use each and every one of them to capacity and beyond.  Look out world, I'm out and about and looking for fun!  

Duchess
(@camryn)
Prominent Member     Louisiana, United States of America

I'm weighing in at 77 y/o this year.  In drab, I look and feel 80.   When dressed to go out, I look much younger.....   maybe 75!  

Every now and then there's a CDH poll like this one, and I'm always amazed that there are so many of us in their 60s and 70s.  

As I write this, the poll shows 4 "ladies in their eighties".  They are an inspiration to me, and I hope to be just like them when I grow up.

-- Camryn Occasionnel    

Lady
Topic starter
(@rebeccabaxter)

Well, the bell curve seems to peak in the 60s, although I think it would be equal with the 70s if life expectantly was the same for both decades 🙁

Whenever I dress, I look at myself in the mirror and see someone in their very late forties to early fifties, however my wife grounds me somewhat by telling me I could get away with my early sixties, but if I'm honest with myself, I think I am completely wrong and she is just being kind; I probably look my actual age -- 69. Very Sad

Baroness
(@lovelylola)
Honorable Member     Norman, Oklahoma, United States of America

Knocking on the door of 60, but most of the clothes I buy are probably more appropriate for a girl half my age.  But since I don't get out of the house much, if at all, I can dress the age I feel!  🤣😍

❤️Lola

Lady
(@target)
Estimable Member     MPLS, Minnesota, United States of America

At 63 the urge to wear women’s clothing is very intense I honestly think I would dress 24/7 if not for my family that is the most important thing in my life.  

Lady
(@cdkaylasnow)
Estimable Member     Denver, Colorado, United States of America

I'm 37 but dress like I'm in my 20's 😅

Page 2 / 3
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?