Notifications
Clear all

If there was a pill you could take that would erase any memory of dressing and forever eliminate any urge to dress - would you take it? Poll is created on Mar 15, 2024

The Pill

126 Posts
56 Users
388 Thanks
Duchess Annual
Topic starter
(@chrissydee)
Trusted Member     Connecticut, United States of America

Ladies - I have been thinking about this question a lot lately, and last night posed it to the Closeted Girls Chat Group. While I realize that we all may be at different stages in our CD journey, with destination unclear, what seems most prevalent amongst us gals is that our proclivity for presenting in femme has not been without its complications.  Relationships have ended and others have flourished, some of us are very open and out, and some live in constant fear of being found out.  Some gals purge, and then regret - and the cost associated can be painful.   While the poll below may depend upon where you are on this wide spectrum of femininity, as you think about the joy dressing brings you vs the complications it may have brought into your life, my question is,

If there was a pill you could take that would erase any memory of dressing and forever eliminate any urge to dress - would you take it?

125 Replies
54 Replies
Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Illustrious Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

@chrissydee 

The 'would you take the pill?' question crops up here every few months or so 🙂

For me, the short answer is 'no'.

The long answer is 'nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo'.

I'm Ellie. That's not an alias I've invented for CDH. It's what I call myself; it's who I am.

I'm trans, and I LOVE being this way. I'm not frightened of it, I'm not ashamed of it, and I CERTAINLY don't want it to go away.

Put one of those pills near me and I will destroy it with extreme prejudice. You should remember that my day job involves access to explosives.

Ellie x

Duchess Annual
(@chrissydee)

@ellyd22 

Sorry for the redux Ms Ellie - have not seen the post before.  Maybe just a small firecracker will do - cherry bomb tops.  

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@chrissydee

The best I can do for you this time of night is a home-made sparkler.

*starts looking for the glue, potassium nitrate and iron filings*

Duchess Annual
(@chrissydee)

@ellyd22 

Fine...As long as its in a cupcake.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@chrissydee 

I was going to stick it in a cocktail for you.

Duchess Annual
(@chrissydee)

@ellyd22 

That’s better - but it’ll have to wait till after Lent. (2 weeks to go and I’m very firsty). 

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@chrissydee 

Oh ... I'd already mixed it.

Well, it's a shame to let it go to waste 🙂

Cheers!

Drunk

Duchess
(@aliceblack)

Reputable Member     Massachusetts, United States of America

@ellyd22 Enjoyed the humorous last paragraph of your forum poll response

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@aliceblack 

It would be a lot of effort to get rid of one pill, there could be a considerable crater, and no doubt the police would be involved at some point ... but it would be worth it 🙂

(@samanthaxxxx)

Reputable Member     London, London, United Kingdom

@ellyd22 my favourite comment of the week xxxxxx

Duchess
(@erikabell)

Estimable Member     Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America

@ellyd22 Im pretty sure thats the best answer ever to that question.  When I was asked if I was proud of who I am. I am very happy to say i was with a resounding yes.  So happy to see some many people that love themselves.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@erikabell 

Thanks Erika 🙂

I meant every word of this:

I'm trans, and I LOVE being this way. I'm not frightened of it, I'm not ashamed of it, and I CERTAINLY don't want it to go away.

Why shouldn't you be proud of who you are?

Why shouldn't we be proud of who we are?

After all, we're amazing 🙂

Hugs

Ellie x

Duchess
(@erikabell)

@ellyd22 thats exactly what I said.  We get to experience something that only a few percentage of people get to.  We are more precious than any gem out there.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@erikabell 

We are more precious than any gem out there.

Heart

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

Noble Member     Staffordshire, United Kingdom

@chrissydee 

Hi Chrissy,

I saw this question last night went I went through the chat after I realised your clocks had gone forward! 

My answer is also a resounding NO!

As you know, I’m hidden like you, but I can’t imagine not having Lucy in my life nowadays. I lost any guilt and shame attached to all this a number of years ago.

Luckily, unlike Ellie, I have no access to explosives. If I did and I attempted to blow up the pills, it would no doubt be the pills that survived rather than me 💥

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@lucyb112 

*Ellie puts some explosives in a Jiffy bag, adds some instructions, and posts them to Lucy*

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@ellyd22 

Please tell me you don’t have access to any nuclear fusion or Staffordshire could be in real trouble  ☢️ 

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@lucyb112 

Fusion, no.

Fission though ...

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@ellyd22 

See what I mean? I’m dangerous 

Fusion the point where it all happens isn’t it? 

When I had my last chemistry lesson the Titanic hadn’t been built.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@lucyb112 

*Ellie clears her throat and gives Lucy her first Chemistry lesson in ... checks notes ... er ... it says here 115 years?*

Fission is what happens, in a very controlled way, in nuclear reactors. Atoms with a large, unstable nucleus, such as uranium-235 or plutonium-239, are split into two or more smaller nuclei.

Although this releases a lot of energy, it's nowhere near as much as nuclear fusion produces. That's when two lighter nuclei combine to form a heavier one, such as when two hydrogen nuclei combine to make helium. It's the process that powers the Sun. And Staffordshire would definitely be in trouble if we tried it there.

Fission involves splitting atoms; fusion involves combining them.

Atom bombs use fission; hydrogen bombs use fusion (or a combination of fission and fusion) 🙂

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

Famed Member     Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom

@ellyd22 @lucyb112 

Yes, I recognise some of these words. So is this how you make fission chips?

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@jacquelinelarkspur 

Yes.

Put some potatoes next to an atom bomb and that would work.

The chips might be a bit overcooked ... and of course most of them would be several miles away.

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

@ellyd22 

That's all right. I'm on a diet, so the walk would do me good.

Still, the radiation might turn the chips into fritters. And as we all know, fritters can be very dangerous when they hunt in packs.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@jacquelinelarkspur 

Then why are they SOLD in packs?

That's just asking for trouble.

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

@ellyd22 

The Domestic Fritter is quite harmless until exposed to nuclear bomb radiation. 

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@jacquelinelarkspur 

Well ... if that's the case then I think it should be stated MUCH more clearly on the packaging 🙁

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

@ellyd22 

It is. Right there, just under "One of your 5 a day".

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@jacquelinelarkspur 

Wait ... what? Fritters count as one of my five a day?

So I can eat five of them for breakfast and I'm set?

But ... wait ... *squints* ... under 'Nutritional value' it just says  ... *looks at the tiny print* ...'None whatsoever'.

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

@ellyd22 

Yes. That's why you can have five!

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@jacquelinelarkspur It seems so obvious now that you've explained it 🙂

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@jacquelinelarkspur 

I’m also on a diet. It consists almost entirely of cake.

I suppose an atom bomb is a quick way of baking an entire batch at once, and not a soggy bottom is sight!

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

@lucyb112 

Or much else, come to that.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@lucyb112

You'd be lucky if you ended up with a bottom at all.

Though if you did, I imagine it might lean more towards the 'crispy' end of the spectrum.

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

Reputable Member     Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

@ellyd22 

We tried fusion in Oxfordshire and in the end it was quite successful I believe. But they have now shut it down, so we have a spare fusion reactor if Staffordshire would like to borrow it. I think it was designed to run on deuterium-tritium, but it would be interesting to see how much energy it could produce if we fuelled it with PILLS.

If the fusion reactor sounds a bit too scary, I have experience in creating explosions in garden sheds (Ellie knows ...) 😆 .

As for the PILLS - from me it is a definite NO, so I would happily donate my supply of the pills as fuel as I have no use for them!

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@fembecky 

I thought that I should explain this further as it's of direct relevance to the wider crossdressing community 🙂

In deuterium–tritium fusion, one deuterium nucleus fuses with one tritium nucleus, yielding one helium nucleus, a free neutron and 17.6 MeV  which is derived from approximately 0.02 AMUs. Eighty percent of the energy (14.1 MeV) becomes kinetic energy of the neutron travelling at 16 the speed of light.

The mass difference between D+T and neutron + 4He is described by the semi-empirical mass formula that describes the relation between mass defects and binding energy in a nucleus.

Having cleared that up, my question is ... do y'all like leggings?

Duchess
(@missylinda)

Noble Member     Ft Worth, Texas, United States of America

@ellyd22 WHAT WAS THE QUESTION?  As I sat down to write what now appears to be an ill  thought out juvenile answer, I was swept away by a Nucler  ( that’s how Bush 43 said it) holocost.  All over one pill.  I must say you Brits are not unlike a runaway train approaching the wreck site.  BUT I LOVE YOU ALL!!!👩‍❤️‍👩👩‍❤️‍👩

Duchess
(@erikabell)

@ellyd22 not asking now.  But one day maybe. Hahaha

Duchess
(@loneleycd)

Noble Member     Roland, Iowa, United States of America

@chrissydee 

I replied no. BUT I need to qualify that, my current self has to say no.  Even if I would have no memory of my CD, I would have all that wasted time over the years where I could have explored my male desires/wants more.  BUT I love what I have become, I am much more sympathetic to so many more situations than HE ever would.

Cassie

Lady
(@bridget)

Eminent Member     New Jersey, United States of America

@chrissydee 

Chrissy,

Thanks for the question. I am like most girls that responded. I would not take the pill. My only regret is that I don't dress more. Presently I have been in a new dress for several hours and I I am staying up pass my bedtime since I just don't want to take the dress off. Unfortunately, I am also pretty much still in the closet, so when I have time to dress and make myself up, I am one happy lady. 

Hugs, Irene

Baroness
(@alexina)

Noble Member     Fife, United Kingdom

@chrissydee I believe that, even if I had no memories, I would still feel that there was something missing. Since recognising Allie as a distinct and equally valid aspect of my personality, I have never felt as complete as I do now.

I do understand that not everyone has even minimal acceptance or support of their SO, but the poll results show that doesn't appear to influence how people voted.

Thanks for the question, though, Chrissy.

Allie x

Duchess
(@pattyphose)

Noble Member     Long Island, New York, United States of America

@chrissydee I've been dressing since I was 4. from the first time I slid on stockings I felt so good. I loved that feeling and wanted it more. By the time I was 5, I was dressing in all femme things except for wig and makeup. I was given "special time" for my dressing.

Then when I began buying my own clothes and going out, the excitement, thrill rush I felt was incredible and so strong. I couldn't feel that way doing anything else. Throughout my life and have loved and enjoyed those feelings.

When I've been tired, they energized me. When I've felt sad, they cheered me up. When I've been bored, they excited me. And they've brought me feelings or euphoria and pleasure I was not able to get from anything else.

Give it all up and have no memory or recollection of doing it and never feeling like that again? Nutty as it seems, I vote no.

(@lauren114)

Prominent Member     Connecticut, United States of America

@chrissydee Absolutely not!  I like myself as a woman much better and I like the way I relate to the world better as a woman.   Plus, who wants to wear those ugly male clothes?

(@heels234)

Honorable Member     Mesa, Arizona, United States of America

@chrissydee NO way,I am very happy being a crossdresser,I would NOT change anything.

Lady
(@jerryn)

Estimable Member     Michigan, United States of America

@chrissydee as much as I love crossdressing, I feel like it takes away from more meaningful experiences and meaningful relationships, at least for me

Duchess Annual
(@chrissydee)

@jerryn I get that Jerri - despite the pleasure I get - it sure can complicate life.  That, plus for the closeted gals, the constant fear of the secret being discovered. Many gals have pushed through that. I never will, as the consequences to my very enjoyable guy life would be devastating.  As for now, the pill will stand on the bedside table.

Lady
(@hottestwitch)

Honorable Member     Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom

@chrissydee Thought provoking question......  I think the answer has to be "NO!!!" purely because I enjoy my time as Holly - and I've come to realise that she is a big part of the real me; she's been with me since the day I was born and will be with me when they put my coffin in the furnace.  I just couldn't feel right without Holly - and she wouldn't feel right without me (yup - I'm writing this as my male personna).  Yes; I'm scared of being found out, also I have purged a few times in the past - just never again; one of the few advantages of getting older, I suppose, is that I've come to accept that fundamental change comes to very few of us.  Holly XXX

Princess Annual
(@carlablanchedubois)

Trusted Member     Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America

@chrissydee Thank you for reminding me of my past.  I'm an older gal with a young gal's mind and my answer is a strong NO!  I don't post much, but a BIG thanks to many of my sisters on this site.  Three years ago, I was 100% closeted and in a terrible, vicious, emotionally damaging cycle of purging.  Thanks to so many ladies here who helped my to accept Carla. Carlie and letting her out to stay.  xx

Lady
(@dazzler)

Noble Member     Cardiff, South Glamorgan, United Kingdom

Forget? No. Stop? Yes.

Occasionally, my crossdressing causes issues between my wife and I, and I hate it. 
Most of the time, my crossdressing isn't a problem, but very occasionally, it causes issues.

I hate upsetting my wife, so if I could stop, I would..... Oddly, I've discussed this with my wife, and she wouldn't want me to stop.

Cerys

(@marleneroberts)

Honorable Member     Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States of America

@chrissydee  No!! Best, Marlene.

(@veroslondon)

Reputable Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

@chrissydee I'm not sure how this post got hijacked by a somewhat frivolous discussion about explosives but I think there is a serious context as well. Some time ago when i used to attend a CD social group with wives and partners, I would occasionally ask other attendees the same pill question. The overall response I got from CD's was similar to the votes cast in this poll with a large majority saying that they definitely wouldn't take the pill. However, the response by the CD's partners (nearly all cis women) to whether they would put such a pill in their partner's morning coffee was exactly the opposite. Nearly all the partners said they would do it in a heartbeat and wouldn't give it a second thought. The sort of self-justificatory explanations by CD's for why partners shouldn't do this were often laughed away with the Mandy Rice Davies type comment of "they would say that wouldn't they?". It was very clear to me that having a CD partner was just too stressful for most women and they would love to be free of that stress.

I voted that I would take the pill. I don't think that being a CD is such an integral part of what I am that for those who don't know I'm a CD I would be any different if I didn't cross-dress. I see being CD as an unfortunate genetic variation that most people don't understand or accept. i would love to be free of this strange obsession and the extent to which it dominates my life.

Duchess Annual
(@chrissydee)

😉 @veroslondon Veronica - thx for your thoughtful response. After I posed the question, I thought it may have been somewhat akin to asking an alcoholic if they wanted to quit drinking (and I don’t mean that in a derogatory sense).  Quitting something that provides pleasure is difficult. The pain, risk, and for some, guilt or shame that can accompany that pleasure can be a burden - both for the practitioner and those that they love.  For others, as has been written, it is seen as a gift.  For me, the fog rolls in, and the fog rolls out - and with it, the burden and the euphoria.  With the pill - I’d be free of both. Yet it there it sits - on the bedside table, beside the accompanying glass of water…

RE the threadjack. I have reported the culprit to the authorities and I look forward to seeing the photos of one Ms  @ellyd22  being led away in (fur lined) handcuffs. 😉 

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@chrissydee 

Maybe just a small firecracker will do - cherry bomb tops.  

*Shouts over her shoulder as she is led away*

'You're arresting the wrong girl ... SHE started it!'

(@barbiegoldwin)

Estimable Member     Gulfport , Mississippi, United States of America

@chrissydee 

I never want to forget how great it is to just be me

Duchess
(@jackienerfed)

@chrissydee no way for me.  Life has ups and down either way.  Take the pill and something else will be causing you angst.  Embrace the suck.  Its part of being human IMHO, and the suck makes the good times so much better.

(@elaines)
Reputable Member     Merseyside, United Kingdom

My answer is No.  Reason I have had the red mist of a "purge" many times driven by guilt, shame and all the other emotions.

I have thrown away too many good clothes and shoes.  If I ever get one again and I dont think I will now as I'm out to my wife (but nobody else and she has been sworn to secrecy) so some pressure is off. I will just hide my girly stuuf away from sight as I know the want will return.

I already pack away and hide it out of the spare wardrobe (hidden in plane sight) to somewhere more secure when we go on holiday.

1 Reply
Duchess Annual
(@chrissydee)

@elaines 

I'm a hider myself - presents some logistical issues, as its off-site.

Hostess
(@ab123)
Famed Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

For me it is a resounding 'No'. Taking away the memory of growing the girl within and everything I have been through, good or bad, is part of me and my life which is now reality and memories for me. 

Baroness
(@revel)
Noble Member     Minnesota, United States of America

A big NO for me! I love my alter ego Revel and dressing. Rev brings balance and happiness to my life. 

Rev Happy Woman Face  

Duchess Annual
(@michellewayne)
Trusted Member     Indiana, United States of America

Thanks for posting Chrissy. 

Ummm, Nope. Although I exclusively dress only when going out, other than perfume and bracelets which are worn daily, I feel internally feminine and feel I need to show Michelle at times. Now, if that pill were for other reasons......

Lady
(@bethewillow)
Eminent Member     Victoria, Australia

I'm a big No, No, No.

When I'm wearing bra, panties & a dress I'm happy. Heart Balloon  

(@rozalyne)
Noble Member     Shrewsbury, Shropshire, United Kingdom

No No No not at all would i take a pill 💊 to stop my desire to dress 👗, even though my dress up days are far and few between, I've been able to dress this week after locking the closet door for a couple of years, it was magic to put on a dress and relax in front of the TV in the evening, 

I'm looking forward to more of the same as the year goes on, I'm booking an appointment at boys to girls in London in August, I'm hoping to have lots of pictures taken of my day,

Hugs Rozalyn X 

(@rebeccabaxter)
Prominent Member     Cornwall, United Kingdom

No, why would I? When you are on your death bed, they say, you will regret the things you haven't done, not the things you have. Cross dressing is one of the many, many things I have done in my life, it is one of the things that has gone towards creating my personal tapestry, I don't regret it, I don't want to wish it away; I wouldn't take the pill.

(@christineth)
Prominent Member     Brussels, Brabant, Belgium

I’m in the definitely “NO” group.  I love crossdressing and being a crossdresser.  I’m not sure if I’m transgender.  My only issue is getting the courage up to step out into public.

hugs

Christine

13 Replies
(@rozalyne)

@christineth 

Hi Christine, I would go for it and take that first step outside, I did it this week on Wednesday i took a deep breath and walked through the door and out into the wide big world, I got in my car and went for a drive through all the country lanes near where i live it was amazing, 

Remember it's one small step for womankind one giant leap for Christine, once you have taken that first step you will remember it the rest of your life, good luck Hun,

Hugs Rozalyn X 🤗

(@christineth)

@rozalyne Dear sweet Rosalyn, thank you for the encouragement,  I feel the motivation churning inside.

I’m so pleased for you taking that brave step; sounds like you had a really great time!

By the way, in the heels I’m wearing, my steps need to be small!

Hugs

Christine

(@rozalyne)

@christineth 

Hi Christine, I've been taking small steps all my life, the biggest step i have taken was last Wednesday, it just took that little bit of courage to walk through the door, I'll need a lot more courage than that to come out to my wife that will be a tremendous step indeed, one day i might just find that courage one day X

Hugs Rozalyn X 🤗

(@christineth)

@rozalyne As Ellie said, you will know when the time is right to come out to your wife.  Our lives seem to be opposite in this sense, I am out to my wife for many years now, but haven’t been in public.  So we sort of complement each other.

Hugs

Christine

(@rozalyne)

@christineth 

Hi Christine,

The time is not right just now, my wife and me have got quite a few issues at the moment so,

Hugs Rozalyn X 🤗

(@tubbydullard)

Reputable Member     Citrus hills, Florida, United States of America

@christineth Step out in public ! You want to , just do it ! Smile Face

(@christineth)

@tubbydullard ….im slowly getting there…

(@tubbydullard)

Reputable Member     Citrus hills, Florida, United States of America

@christineth 

The pleasure of dressing up in your favorite  frock  and heels, and hair, and make up, then confidently heading out to.be JUST WHO YOU ARE, is the energy

For motivating yourself girl ! Love your girly self, she's counting on you !

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@christineth 

There's no hurry. Don't put pressure on yourself. If and when the time is right, you'll know.

Hugs

Ellie x

(@christineth)

@ellyd22

Thanks Ellie - very sound advice, thanks for looking out for me, you’re an angel

Hugs

Christine

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@christineth 

I'm always looking out for you Christine 🙂

Seriously though, venturing out en femme is a BIG step.

Some people seem to be able to put on a dress for the very first time in the morning and then be out doing all manner of very public things while wearing it by early afternoon. Others spend a lifetime dressing in private and never, ever set foot outside.

I'm somewhere in between.

As most members will know by now (since I'm very repetitive and boring) I dress full time at home and have done so for around 16 years now. Since I joined CDH I haven't exactly been a stranger to the Forums, and I'm very open and honest about my circumstances. The general message I was getting soon after I joined last summer was 'What's stopping you girl? Just get out there and do it!'

However, I'm confident enough in myself NOT to succumb to peer pressure, no matter now well meant the advice (as, I should emphasise, ALL of it was).

I took everything on board, but I set out a roadmap that suited ME - rather than one that suited everyone else.

This involved:

• Coming out to significant family members (check).
  • Starting to go out very regularly in 50:50 mode (check).
  • Growing my hair out, wearing clear nail varnish as standard and using CK1 perfume on a daily basis (OK, this step isn't for everyone, but hey I'm trans 🙂 ... check).
  • Having a full makeover and escorted outing en femme (booked for July).

That's a pace that I'M comfortable with ... and I'M the one that's important in all of this (Note: I'm single, YMMV).

ALWAYS do what's right for YOU and your own circumstances.

Big, big hugs

Ellie x

(@christineth)

@ellyd22 excellent guidance, but I’m more of a safari perfum girl myself!

(@christineth)

@ellyd22

I'm always looking out for you Christine 🙂

- you are so sweet Ellie…

Lady
(@sashabennett)
Reputable Member     Wick, Caithness, United Kingdom

Hell no, I love it. Dressing up gives me great pleasure & I look forward to every opportunity I get.

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)
Noble Member     Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

No pill here 🙂  Fiona is enriching my life, I've not had this much going on in my personality that I can ever remember.  As of yet, no downsides.  I'm aware that I'm fortunate in my opportunities to dress and store Fiona's things completely separate from my life with my OH, and that luck may change when we have The Talk.  I might then give a different answer in the aftermath, but I feel strongly that in the longer term I will want Fiona to stay in my life, whichever way that goes.  

2 Replies
Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@finallyfiona 

Fiona is enriching my life, I've not had this much going on in my personality that I can ever remember.

I feel strongly that in the longer term I will want Fiona to stay in my life, whichever way that goes.  

This 🙂

Just substitute 'Ellie' for 'Fiona' 

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

Noble Member     Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

@ellyd22 Someone a lot wiser and more perceptive than either of us once wrote, 'To thine own self be true'.  I'm not sure he was necessarily talking about when who that self is (or at least our self-perception) is actually changing.  But when the change is for the better, you just instinctively know to hang onto it. 

Hugs,
Fiona xxx

(@rebeccabaxter)

Four people have voted yes, I wonder who they are and why they would want to forget they were cross-dressers; we may never know.

11 Replies
Ambassador
(@melodeescarlet)

Noble Member     Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America

@rebeccabaxter I think it's understandable. I feel it's about where you are in your journey. A person in the middle of a root canal might wish they'd never set foot in that office, but someone after the procedure would recognize the benefits and see that the tough times were a part of a larger, more healthy process.

Someone who's in the beginning of their CD/TG path might currently just be feeling the weight of the guilt and shame and stress of telling/not telling their spouse. Or someone who's personal beliefs strongly conflict with the nature of being CD/TG. It seems very reasonable that someone under all of that pressure might very well want it all to go away. :/

(@rebeccabaxter)

@melodeescarlet 

Good points. I suppose we are not all comfortable with who we are, wondering whether we are 'weird', or 'abnormal' or, well, just not right in the head, and these are feelings that may well give rise to doubt and fear in some folk. Not all people are able to say f*** it, I'm going to do what I want and may wish they didn't have CD feelings but can't help themselves. To them I say what you are doing when cross-dressing is not illegal (in most countries), it is not harmful to anyone else (despite what some hysterical mothers might think) and just something else that is part of the rich tapestry of life. Time and experience will help you get over it and you may start to enjoy what you, for now, feel is a burden.

Ambassador
(@melodeescarlet)

Noble Member     Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America

@rebeccabaxter Well said, Rebecca 🙂

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

@ellyd22 @melodeescarlet @rebeccabaxter 

I third that. Wholeheartedly.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@jacquelinelarkspur 

*Looks around*. Anyone for fourths?

Baroness Annual
(@secretpassions)

Noble Member     Wisconsin, United States of America
Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

Reputable Member     Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

@ellyd22 Come a bit late to this part of the thread, but can I forthwith add my fifthwith?

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@fembecky 

*Checks notes to see if 'fifthwith' has been taken yet, and then the OED to see whether fifthwith is even, in fact, a thing. Looks up*

Motion carried!

Duchess
(@robyn1408)

Estimable Member     West Barnstable, Massachusetts, United States of America

@rebeccabaxter Hi Rebecca, after a good deal of soul searching, I voted yes. I've fully accepted and love that I fall into the transgender spectrum. When I'm Robyn I can only describe it as euphoria. I participate in cross dresser support groups, social groups as well. I went to First Event this year. Part of me is a woman and I'm so grateful to have come to that reality. Fully acknowledging this is who I am I  also have a loving woman who shares her life with me and supports me, grown children who I hide this from and whose reaction to this knowledge would undoubtably be difficult. A long self-employed career as a man, I can't potentially throw that all away. And yet here I am, writing this completely enfemme, because I can't help myself. It was a tough choice for me, yes or no to the pill. I guess I worry about disappointing those closest to me. And at the end of the day we make a choice. And, thank god there is no such pill.

Robyn

Duchess
(@jackienerfed)

@rebeccabaxter they are probably in a bad place right now.  I hope they see things in a more positive light when they get through their issues.

Lady
(@kerrismith)
Honorable Member     Belvidere, Illinois, United States of America

Chrissy, it’s a risk but I say no.  My family would never accept this part of me, and in the end I will have to get rid of it before I die. But as long as I am sort of healthy, I want to have fun with it. I think we all feel this way while we can.

Duchess Annual
(@firefly)
Noble Member     Panama, Panama, Panama

No way. I am who I am and I am pretty happy with my life. I don't live in a rose garden or Eden, but I wouldn't change my life. Ups and downs keep life interesting.

Gisela

Lady
(@melaniejames)
Reputable Member     Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom

hi

I'm in the 'No' camp too.

Dressing has brought me so much happiness over the 'too' many years. It's part of who I am and something would be missing. 

Also I've just re-inslated the loft/attic so I need new a storage place, ideas?

I can't play golf anyway so that's no substitute. So for me dressing is par for the course as I aim to be that birdie. Sorry.

Mel.

8 Replies
Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@melaniejames 

I'd just like to flag that that was a hole lot of puns. There are lots more though ... you've a fairway to go yet.

Lady
(@melaniejames)

@ellyd22 I'll raise my game, wood you like that. That's it it's tee time and I'm having a sand wedge!

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@melaniejames

You're getting into the swing of things now.

Putter late than never 🙂

Let's par-tee!

Lady
(@melaniejames)

@ellyd22 I like to chip in on these links but it's off to the 19th now four bit of claret in a jug.

Did I say I didn't like golf?

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@melaniejames

Did I say I didn't like golf?

You did, but I'm a bit green.

I'm having a drink too. Join the club 🙂

And if this proves to be our last exchange of puns today ... may the course be with you.

Lady
(@melaniejames)

@ellyd22 or even may the fours. Enjoy the tipple. Might be rough tomorrow.

Have a pleasant evening.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@melaniejames 

Thanks. I'll try not to have too much to drink, or it could be a handicap.

Duchess
(@missylinda)

Noble Member     Ft Worth, Texas, United States of America

@ellyd22 WHAT WAS THE QUESTION? ( pauses to take another shot of Pompeo Aniversario  12 year).  Glib answer, I took the pill and passed it intact with no effect.  That’s known as bathroom humor.   Serious answer, take it in a heartbeat to save the anguish  I caused my darling wife.

Page 1 / 3
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?