At Last

20 Posts
17 Users
74 Thanks
Lady
Topic starter
(@valknut)
Active Member     Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

I’m very reserved and don’t really know how to express myself that is why it has taken me so long to introduce myself. 

Mother died when I was 7 years old and had no brothers or sisters. Dad threw me out at 16 years old.

I’ve been cross-dressing since I was 12 years old and I have been through the purges to many times to remember.

I love the feeling of being dressed up

As a teenager in the 60’s I began dressing in my friend’s mother's clothes when I went round for a bath at his house. I never really dressed up that often for fear of discovery and shame I would feel after. 

I married young but that did not work out for many reasons. Married again later in life and tried to tell the wife about cross dressing about 30 years ago but the wife would not listen. I worked out of the country for the next 20 years and lived in hotels so I was only home now and again depending which country I was in. I was able to dress in the hotels on my own but had to throw everything away when going home to the wife.

For want of a better word I am an alcoholic and not a very nice one at that when canned. When I retired 10 years ago I kept on drinking but about 5 years ago talked to the wife again about cross dressing (I was sober) and we came to an agreement if I stopped drinking I could dress but only at home and not in the bed.

Life has changed so much for me now, not interested in getting drunk but just being Barbara. I now know I am female but it has taken 60 years and the last 4 years on crossdresserhaven to find me.

19 Replies
6 Replies
Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Illustrious Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

@valknut 

Hi Barbara

I know you've actually been on the site for four years, but since this is your first ever Forum post I think a proper CDH welcome is in order 🙂

You already know what a warm and supportive place this is, and how amazing the members are, so I don't need to point any of that out.

All I need to say is that I'm glad your life has taken such a turn for the better.

I wish you joy in simply 'being Barbara' 🙂

Ellie x

Baroness
(@alexina)

Noble Member     Fife, United Kingdom

@valknut Well, Barbara, it may have taken you 4 years but what an open and honest introduction!

Be prepared for an outpouring of love and understanding from the wonderful girls here. I know from experience the damage that alcohol dependence does to the drinker and their family. PM me if you want to discuss this further but in the meantime, know that no-one here will judge you. 

I have huge respect for what you are doing, as will many others I guess. May the wind always be at your back as you take every step forwards.

Big Hugs 

Allie x

(@dovemtn2016)

Estimable Member     Tucson, Arizona, United States of America

@valknut Congratulations Barbara. You've accomplished a lot.

Fondly,

Christine

Lady
(@harriette)

Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

@valknut Welcome to CDH, Barbara!

You are here now and that is a great start. With practice, you can bloom, both here and at home.

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

Famed Member     Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom

@valknut 

Hi Barbara,

It seems odd to welcome you to CDH after four years. It's doubly odd because you've been a member for far longer than I have! Nevertheless, a warm welcome to you.

Thank you for that frank and honest intro post. I can only imagine how difficult it might have been for you to write. You will no doubt already be aware that we are all here for one another, no judgements made. We are friends and sisters, united by a common bond. I'm glad you have found an inner peace and contentment.

Duchess
(@patches)

Estimable Member     Maryland, United States of America

@valknut So sorry for your difficult childhood.  You've come so far! Stay sober for yourself and no one else.  Same with crossdressing.  Love yourself,  you deserve it. ❤️

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)
Noble Member     Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

Barbara, that's an awfully long and hard road you've had to get where you are now - I feel for you, but it sounds like things have finally turned a corner for you.  You're most welcome into the wonderful sisterhood you've been reading about on here for the last 4 years.  Relax and make yourself at home, you can be as open and honest as you feel here, and no-one is going to be anything other than understanding and supportive 🙂

Hugs,
Fiona xxx

Hostess
(@fishingr8)
Illustrious Member     Montana, United States of America

Hi Barbara nice to meet you and yes as miss Ellie has said you deserve a proper welcome so here we go girl.. As a new sister and family member you are welcomed with open arms into our home as well as yours now also.. I see you are across the pond from me but we can still chat and become friends if you like.. So sorry for your early part of life but you can be all the girl you need to be in life now so say hello anytime we all love to chat see ya soon girlfriend..

Stephanie Bass

Hostess
(@ab123)
Famed Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

Oh Barbara what a tough life and so happy that you have finally found your way. 

Welcome here and I hope that you will become an active participant and enjoy the friendliness and fun this site has. We are always here for all our sisters. 

Hugs

Angela

(@rozalyne)
Noble Member     Shrewsbury, Shropshire, United Kingdom

Hi Barbara,

Welcome to CDH it's nice to meet you we are like one big happy family on here so don't be shy come on in and join the family,

I'm a mature crossdresser too, I'm a few months older than you, I'm been dressing most of my life since i was about 8 or 9 years old when i tried my older sister's lingerie on, I'm still in the closet to my wife and family,

I'm a UK girl too I'm up in Shropshire, I'm sure there are lots of girls near to where you live who will be happy to meet up with you for a coffee and a chat I'm sure you will find lots of friends on here so if you have any questions just ask and the girls will get back to you X

Hugs Rozalyn X 🤗

(@rebeccabaxter)
Prominent Member     Cornwall, United Kingdom

Welcome to CDH. I used to drink quite a lot but gave it up nearly two years ago. The first six months were a bit grim as I felt I had lost a close and dear friend -- one that can kill. After those first months everything settled down and I no longer have any desire for alcohol at all. I lost weight, I feel fitter and I no longer avoid watching Youtube videos about liver damage, et al. My liver enzymes are now normal (they were elevated which is why I went teetotal). I also discovered the joys of cross dressing.

Have fun here, you are not alone.

(@aliceunderwire)
Illustrious Member     Near Burlington, Vermont, United States of America

Hi Barbara,

Welcome to CDH!  It’s nice to meet you.  Sounds like you are enjoying your retirement and getting to enjoy yourself.  As others have said after 4 years with CDH you’ve joined a wonderful family of caring people.

Alice

Hostess
(@cdsue)
Noble Member     Delaware, United States of America

Barbara -

Welcome to CDH. Your intro was very informative, sorry to hear of your past. Congratulations on your sobriety. 

XOXO
Suzanne

Lady
Topic starter
(@valknut)

“At Last” Response to you ladies

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. Life is a lot better now. I will try to be more communicative in the future. Again thank you all.

J J
Lady
(@jjandme)
Noble Member     California, United States of America

Better late then never. I am glad you have found a comfortable place for yourself. We all struggle with this very issue and some never find peace while others know from the start. We are all on our own personal journey and  we all find our answers at different times and different places.

Duchess
(@catherine0918)
Reputable Member     Henderson, Nevada, United States of America

Hi Barbara!

Welcome to CDH!

Like JJ said better late than never!

I think you will find the community helpful, encouraging and supportive.

You've had quite the journey, but rest assured you have found a warm and accepting place here.

Again, welcome to CDH!

Catherine

2 Replies
(@valknut)

Duchess
(@catherine0918)

Reputable Member     Henderson, Nevada, United States of America

@valknut You are welcome! 🙂

Duchess
(@sheryl321)
Reputable Member     Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America

Hi Barbara! Wow! What a life! Sounds like you need some good friends to talk to! You’ve come to the right place! I have found, the more you reach out, the more you will reach in! I have been a member for 3 years and 11 months less than you but I think we both know that we have found a home!

Sheryl

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?