Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Megan Kelly
      Princess - Annual

Living in a small town makes getting out and about highly unlikely.  So traveling to a big city to get all dressed up is a more likely option.  What is the best town to visit as a CD?  Is it Vegas?  San Fran.?  New York?  Anyone have any good recommendations?  ❤️Megan

Best town has to be Palm Springs.  Everyone is so accepting and you can really really have fun as your femme self.  All the stores and restaurants treat you like a lady.  I live nearby so I go at least once a month.  💕

For those not in the US I wonder what the candidates for best town are?

In the UK, Brighton is usually name checked but I am wondering where else?

And I increasingly see girls taking weekend breaks from the UK to the European mainland. Some of the Dutch cities seems to get good reviews.

Manchester perhaps?

Anonymous

For us Canadian girls in Ontario I like Toronto and London. Toronto down around the waterfront there’s lots of good pubs and patios and I’ve never had a real problem, a few idiots but you get them everywhere and London beautiful city and lots of great pubs and restaurants and lots of accommodation if you need it.

Anonymous

Hi Megan…

I don’t know about ” best town ” in England…I have been to a few and never had a bad problem in any of them. I think it’s about how YOU feel…. confidence and self belief can turn most places into a ” nice ” place….I think bigotry exists everywhere, it’s how we handle it….

England is divided into counties,

Probably the best one to live in for us would be……

“Middlesex”…..😂😂

Smiles, grace xx

Hey Grace! I grew up in Middlesex, now’t wrong with Middlesex. LOL

I grew up close to Heathrow airport in the early days of the Comet airliner.

Michaela M’dear,
          I think Grace was making joke – middle sex – ??

HRxx

Of course she was, I am that old that I remember jokes. Just trying to get a bite. Looks like I caught you. LOL

Anonymous

🎣🎣🎣 xxx

Janice
      Duchess

I have been to many towns on the East Coast, such as, Boston, New York and Philadelphia. All are very welcoming but the best towns are New Hope Pa. and across the Delaware river Lambertville NJ. They are primarily gay communities and everyone is welcome and treated respectfully. I have spent many days and weekends in both places, shopping, sightseeing, attending trans events and partying. These are “must see” places.

I put Palm Springs, Las Vegas, and San Francisco on my list from our west coast

Hi Megan I believe the best town to visit as a trans, cross dresser or even those in between is Provincetown Mass.. This a very quaint town at the very end of Cape COD Mass .USA. It is very LGBTQ friendly. Its just lovely during summer and for those who want to share their cutest outfits during early fall, they have a week long event for trans/ CD.s and their SO,s of course. called the Fantasia Fair

Luv Stephanie

Megan Kelly
        Princess - Annual

Sounds wonderful Stephanie.  Have you attended the Fantasia Fair?

Hi Megan Many times I stopped going when I decided to move to California. I was a member of a local trans club at the time so it was a lot more fun going with others. If you decide to go alone you will still feel very comfortable while in your fem mode. Make sure you book a motel or a BB. There should be plenty of rooms available the tourist season is just about over at the time.

Sounds exciting!

https://fanfair.info

Hi Rachel Its a great time. Perfect way to introduce SO to trans/CD life style if she open to it. If not then well worth a visit even in drab but do take fem clothes and make up. There are those that to attend just to see how stunning some of the girls can be.

Luv Stephanie

Hi Megan. For me living in Florida I think that the Florida Keys are one of the best places to go to and be accepted. I spent a long weekend at a resort in Marathon Florida There’s many shops and restaurants that cater to trans people and the weather and beaches are great. It’s a very pink atmosphere,anywhere you go. I enjoyed myself and look forward to going back,maybe this Memoral Day weekend

Megan Kelly
        Princess - Annual

Hello Jannie.  I’ve heard good things about Florida.  I would have thought it was a conservative state but it seems to be a great spot to go out in style.  Thanks for replying.  Megan

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Back in the 80s, I went out cross dressed in Hawaii in Honolulu and found it to be a very friendly CD city.  I was stationed for three years in Hawaii with the Navy and had to keep a very low profile but managed to get out as my female self sometimes.  From what I understand now, Honolulu remains a very friendly CD town.   Same for the Florida Keys, which includes the famous Key West.  When I was stationed in Homestead, Florida, I found the entire length of the Florida Keys and especially Key West town to be very CD friendly.

At present time, I live in metro Atlanta, Georgia, and Atlanta is considered a CD/Trans friendly city.  I patronize many businesses in Atlanta and rarely, if ever, have had a problem when cross dressed.

Last year, I traveled up to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Tennessee and found this formerly very conservative tourist area to be friendly toward CDs. There were a few curious looks, which I simply melted away with friendly talk and lady-like behavior.

Times are changing.

In the UK, it’s gonna be hard to beat Brighton!

I plan to visit Manchester, as I hear good things about it, and some parts of London are supposed to be good.

Roll on Saturday 😎😍

Love Laura

Hey, Megan. I see you are on Vancouver Island. My first thoughts are of the late great Stevie Smith. But that’s another topic altogether. Given your location, I can’t help but think there Vancouver, Seattle, and especially Portland would be great places to go en femme.

I live in a smaller city and it’s ULTRA conservative. I am an hour away from Kansas City witch is much preferable to my hometown for just getting out.

But if you like traveling, one city that I am extremely familiar with that nobody has mentioned is New Orleans, LA. Yes, it’s in the Deep South Bible Belt but it is an accepting bastion in an otherwise hostile environment. I was born and raised two hours north of New Orleans. I had friends that were gay that would travel there often because it was so liberal and accepting compared to the surrounding area. They could go to the French Quarter and be themselves without negativity and judgmental a** holes giving them a hard time. I went there often when I lived nearby and I could see all the people with alternative lifestyles myself. They didn’t hide. It was truly a beautiful thing.

From what I have seen from the outside, far away, New Orleans still has that same open and accepting vibe that it always has had. I would absolutely recommend going there en femme if you ever get the chance. I hope to do the same someday, too.

Megan Kelly
        Princess - Annual

Hi Mika.  I traveled to New Orleans and Baton Rouge 20 years ago and absolutely loved the vibe there.  I wondered about New Orleans as a CD destination.  Thanks for replying.

Megan xo

I do have an e-mail list and will probably be making some attempt in late summer or early fall (as the inoculation breaks go). The last mailing only got 2 responses. Disappointing.

Araminta.

Well, I have been trying to get something going in the CRD (Greater Victoria) area for years with limited success. Covid-19 and illness have been a barrier recently.

However, best town? Looking a little further the scuttle-butt is that Spain has laws supporting cross-dressing and the Spanish are supportive and accepting. So, perhaps a city in that country. Barcelona has been particularly noted. Also, maybe, Hamburg, Germany and Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Since transphobia is still very active in apparently most of North America, I do not know if there is s a city, as such, that might be overall accepting but certainly larger cities are likely to have neighbourhoods of interest.

Araminta.

Megan Kelly
        Princess - Annual

Hello Araminta.  So great to hear from another island girl.  Getting something going in Victoria would be a welcome scenario.  Megan xo

Never mind. Just repetition. Nothing to see here. Move along. These aren’t the droids you want.

Araminta.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I would second Heather for Toronto, Ontario. The area known as the “Gay Village” or just the “Village” in the Church and Wellesley streets is well known for a high level of acceptance. It has evolved over the years, but I have been there many time en femme and had no issues. Sometimes I’ve been made, but no one seems to care either way. It is typically a very busy area, but the whole downtown is generally a very accepting area.

Amy

I can’t say if it is the best, but I’ve visited New York City a couple of times, mostly because of its proximity.  I’m about an hour away from midtown Manhattan by public transportation.  And trust me, given the traffic, most of the time public transit is the way to go.

I can’t say that I’ve never had a problem, as I have been outed by a few individuals.  But it doesn’t bother me any more.  And the majority of the time I’ve had no problem.  I’ve been on subways, buses, museums, the Staten Island ferry, the bus terminal, Central Park, restaurants, and Broadway.  I grew up in the Bronx and Brooklyn, so I know my way around the subways and buses, where the stops are, and where the crowds are.

New Yorkers are famous for being caught up in their own hustle and bustle that they hardly notice anything.  And if they do, they have probably seen stranger things anyway.

Brianna Bay
      Duchess

Twist social club, Cleveland, ohio, Thursday friday nights, drag shows, sundays, brunch, everyone is really nice,
      Good luck
      Xx
      Brianna

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip Brianna!  I am about two hours away, so I will have to check out this club sometime.

Hugs…  Dana.

Prudence
      Ambassador

Hi Megan!  Ft.Lauderdale is very friendly for us Girls! And it’s warm in the Winter!! 🌴

New Orleans of course!

Corvallis, Oregon. If you see me on the street, stop and say hello.

Some areas of Portland and Eugene are nice too.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Just went to Palm Springs. Went out to restaurants, bars, everywhere and never felt uncomfortable.

I live near San Francisco and San Jose, I’ve gone out there as well. No problems…

Vegas would probably be a good place too…

xoxo

Rayna

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?