- May 17, 2021 at 7:24 pm #493232Megan KellyParticipantRegistered On: April 15, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 20Has thanked: 147 timesBeen thanked: 135 times
Living in a small town makes getting out and about highly unlikely. So traveling to a big city to get all dressed up is a more likely option. What is the best town to visit as a CD? Is it Vegas? San Fran.? New York? Anyone have any good recommendations? ❤️Megan
- This topic was modified 1 month ago by Gabriela Romani. Reason: Not a poll
Total of 21 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- May 24, 2021 at 5:20 pm #496014Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 217Has thanked: 364 timesBeen thanked: 657 times
- May 20, 2021 at 8:22 am #494129Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 371Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 1057 times
- May 19, 2021 at 8:38 am #493780
- May 18, 2021 at 9:18 pm #493673PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 150Has thanked: 714 timesBeen thanked: 612 times
- May 18, 2021 at 8:43 pm #493662Brianna BayBaronessRegistered On: March 24, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 21Has thanked: 85 timesBeen thanked: 59 times
- May 18, 2021 at 8:32 pm #493657Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 8Replies: 484Has thanked: 302 timesBeen thanked: 1979 times
I can’t say if it is the best, but I’ve visited New York City a couple of times, mostly because of its proximity. I’m about an hour away from midtown Manhattan by public transportation. And trust me, given the traffic, most of the time public transit is the way to go.
I can’t say that I’ve never had a problem, as I have been outed by a few individuals. But it doesn’t bother me any more. And the majority of the time I’ve had no problem. I’ve been on subways, buses, museums, the Staten Island ferry, the bus terminal, Central Park, restaurants, and Broadway. I grew up in the Bronx and Brooklyn, so I know my way around the subways and buses, where the stops are, and where the crowds are.
New Yorkers are famous for being caught up in their own hustle and bustle that they hardly notice anything. And if they do, they have probably seen stranger things anyway.
- May 18, 2021 at 8:31 pm #493656Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1361Has thanked: 3931 timesBeen thanked: 3844 times
I would second Heather for Toronto, Ontario. The area known as the “Gay Village” or just the “Village” in the Church and Wellesley streets is well known for a high level of acceptance. It has evolved over the years, but I have been there many time en femme and had no issues. Sometimes I’ve been made, but no one seems to care either way. It is typically a very busy area, but the whole downtown is generally a very accepting area.
- May 18, 2021 at 7:58 pm #493639
- May 18, 2021 at 7:55 pm #493635Araminta PurdyDuchessRegistered On: January 23, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 347Has thanked: 595 timesBeen thanked: 1266 times
Well, I have been trying to get something going in the CRD (Greater Victoria) area for years with limited success. Covid-19 and illness have been a barrier recently.
However, best town? Looking a little further the scuttle-butt is that Spain has laws supporting cross-dressing and the Spanish are supportive and accepting. So, perhaps a city in that country. Barcelona has been particularly noted. Also, maybe, Hamburg, Germany and Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Since transphobia is still very active in apparently most of North America, I do not know if there is s a city, as such, that might be overall accepting but certainly larger cities are likely to have neighbourhoods of interest.
- May 18, 2021 at 7:20 pm #493614Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 41Replies: 757Has thanked: 1956 timesBeen thanked: 2943 times
Hey, Megan. I see you are on Vancouver Island. My first thoughts are of the late great Stevie Smith. But that’s another topic altogether. Given your location, I can’t help but think there Vancouver, Seattle, and especially Portland would be great places to go en femme.
I live in a smaller city and it’s ULTRA conservative. I am an hour away from Kansas City witch is much preferable to my hometown for just getting out.
But if you like traveling, one city that I am extremely familiar with that nobody has mentioned is New Orleans, LA. Yes, it’s in the Deep South Bible Belt but it is an accepting bastion in an otherwise hostile environment. I was born and raised two hours north of New Orleans. I had friends that were gay that would travel there often because it was so liberal and accepting compared to the surrounding area. They could go to the French Quarter and be themselves without negativity and judgmental a** holes giving them a hard time. I went there often when I lived nearby and I could see all the people with alternative lifestyles myself. They didn’t hide. It was truly a beautiful thing.
From what I have seen from the outside, far away, New Orleans still has that same open and accepting vibe that it always has had. I would absolutely recommend going there en femme if you ever get the chance. I hope to do the same someday, too.
- May 18, 2021 at 7:51 pm #493631Megan KellyLadyRegistered On: April 15, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 20Has thanked: 147 timesBeen thanked: 135 times
- May 18, 2021 at 8:04 pm #493646Araminta PurdyDuchessRegistered On: January 23, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 347Has thanked: 595 timesBeen thanked: 1266 times
I do have an e-mail list and will probably be making some attempt in late summer or early fall (as the inoculation breaks go). The last mailing only got 2 responses. Disappointing.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 18, 2021 at 9:44 am #493476Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 1187Has thanked: 3828 timesBeen thanked: 5719 times
In the UK, it’s gonna be hard to beat Brighton!
I plan to visit Manchester, as I hear good things about it, and some parts of London are supposed to be good.
Roll on Saturday 😎😍
- May 18, 2021 at 9:39 am #493472Peggy Sue WilliamsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 288Has thanked: 1040 timesBeen thanked: 1277 times
Back in the 80s, I went out cross dressed in Hawaii in Honolulu and found it to be a very friendly CD city. I was stationed for three years in Hawaii with the Navy and had to keep a very low profile but managed to get out as my female self sometimes. From what I understand now, Honolulu remains a very friendly CD town. Same for the Florida Keys, which includes the famous Key West. When I was stationed in Homestead, Florida, I found the entire length of the Florida Keys and especially Key West town to be very CD friendly.
At present time, I live in metro Atlanta, Georgia, and Atlanta is considered a CD/Trans friendly city. I patronize many businesses in Atlanta and rarely, if ever, have had a problem when cross dressed.
Last year, I traveled up to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Tennessee and found this formerly very conservative tourist area to be friendly toward CDs. There were a few curious looks, which I simply melted away with friendly talk and lady-like behavior.
Times are changing.
- May 18, 2021 at 9:10 am #493465Jannie MurryLadyRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 139Has thanked: 66 timesBeen thanked: 666 times
Hi Megan. For me living in Florida I think that the Florida Keys are one of the best places to go to and be accepted. I spent a long weekend at a resort in Marathon Florida There’s many shops and restaurants that cater to trans people and the weather and beaches are great. It’s a very pink atmosphere,anywhere you go. I enjoyed myself and look forward to going back,maybe this Memoral Day weekend
- May 18, 2021 at 7:54 pm #493633LadyRegistered On: April 15, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 20Has thanked: 147 timesBeen thanked: 135 times
Hello Jannie. I’ve heard good things about Florida. I would have thought it was a conservative state but it seems to be a great spot to go out in style. Thanks for replying. Megan
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 18, 2021 at 7:41 am #493422Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 862Has thanked: 5586 timesBeen thanked: 3454 times
Hi Megan I believe the best town to visit as a trans, cross dresser or even those in between is Provincetown Mass.. This a very quaint town at the very end of Cape COD Mass .USA. It is very LGBTQ friendly. Its just lovely during summer and for those who want to share their cutest outfits during early fall, they have a week long event for trans/ CD.s and their SO,s of course. called the Fantasia Fair
- May 18, 2021 at 8:47 am #493447Rachel WillingLadyRegistered On: November 24, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 11Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 50 times
- May 18, 2021 at 10:25 am #493486Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 862Has thanked: 5586 timesBeen thanked: 3454 times
Hi Rachel Its a great time. Perfect way to introduce SO to trans/CD life style if she open to it. If not then well worth a visit even in drab but do take fem clothes and make up. There are those that to attend just to see how stunning some of the girls can be.
- May 18, 2021 at 7:45 am #493423LadyRegistered On: April 15, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 20Has thanked: 147 timesBeen thanked: 135 times
- May 18, 2021 at 8:00 am #493428PrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 862Has thanked: 5586 timesBeen thanked: 3454 times
Hi Megan Many times I stopped going when I decided to move to California. I was a member of a local trans club at the time so it was a lot more fun going with others. If you decide to go alone you will still feel very comfortable while in your fem mode. Make sure you book a motel or a BB. There should be plenty of rooms available the tourist season is just about over at the time.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 18, 2021 at 7:30 am #493419Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 633Has thanked: 2748 timesBeen thanked: 2546 times
- May 18, 2021 at 7:26 am #493417Janice EmoryDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 45Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 143 times
I have been to many towns on the East Coast, such as, Boston, New York and Philadelphia. All are very welcoming but the best towns are New Hope Pa. and across the Delaware river Lambertville NJ. They are primarily gay communities and everyone is welcome and treated respectfully. I have spent many days and weekends in both places, shopping, sightseeing, attending trans events and partying. These are “must see” places.
- May 18, 2021 at 12:19 am #493300Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 85Replies: 1821Has thanked: 6494 timesBeen thanked: 10200 times
I don’t know about ” best town ” in England…I have been to a few and never had a bad problem in any of them. I think it’s about how YOU feel…. confidence and self belief can turn most places into a ” nice ” place….I think bigotry exists everywhere, it’s how we handle it….
England is divided into counties,
Probably the best one to live in for us would be……
Smiles, grace xx
- May 18, 2021 at 7:03 am #493410Michaela JaneLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 24Replies: 333Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 827 times
- May 18, 2021 at 12:12 pm #493503Hilda BeaumontDuchessRegistered On: March 14, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 208Has thanked: 508 timesBeen thanked: 774 times
- May 18, 2021 at 4:09 pm #493573Michaela JaneLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 24Replies: 333Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 827 times
- May 19, 2021 at 12:18 am #493685Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 85Replies: 1821Has thanked: 6494 timesBeen thanked: 10200 times
- May 17, 2021 at 10:38 pm #493286Jen ScarletLadyRegistered On: May 2, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 61Has thanked: 521 timesBeen thanked: 381 times
For those not in the US I wonder what the candidates for best town are?
In the UK, Brighton is usually name checked but I am wondering where else?
And I increasingly see girls taking weekend breaks from the UK to the European mainland. Some of the Dutch cities seems to get good reviews.
- May 18, 2021 at 9:28 am #493469Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 551Has thanked: 976 timesBeen thanked: 2035 times
For us Canadian girls in Ontario I like Toronto and London. Toronto down around the waterfront there’s lots of good pubs and patios and I’ve never had a real problem, a few idiots but you get them everywhere and London beautiful city and lots of great pubs and restaurants and lots of accommodation if you need it.
- May 18, 2021 at 7:04 am #493411
- May 17, 2021 at 8:44 pm #493252Jennifer SwansonDuchessRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 53Replies: 196Has thanked: 4328 timesBeen thanked: 1354 times
Best town has to be Palm Springs. Everyone is so accepting and you can really really have fun as your femme self. All the stores and restaurants treat you like a lady. I live nearby so I go at least once a month. 💕
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.