Viewing 29 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Everyone and happy Weekend to you all! I have a simple topic for you today and something to get your teeth into this Weekend. Cross dressing Gripes?? What do you mean Fiona? Well, we have all had them such as that pesky zip on the dress, how do you zip it up without tying yourself up in knots? The Lipstick that wont stay on and Laddered Tights to name but a few.

What are your Cross dressing annoyances? Please share! Lets have some fun and maybe learn a few hints and tips along the way…..

Love Fiona xx

PRETTY PINNY
      Duchess

Hi Fiona,

Being right-handed and applying nail polish with my left-hand creates a bit of messy looking nails on the right! Thank goodness for nail remover: remove and try again and again!!

Pretty Pinny

Hi Pretty Pinny, i can certainly relate to this! no matter how well you try, it never looks as good on your right hand than on the left assuming your right handed which i am. Maybe its a confidence thing but to me it just doesnt feel right using your left hand somehow!!! Weird aint it!!

Love Fiona xx

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Why are wardrobes never big enough……

Why do shops have so many nice clothes…..and shoes…..and jewelry…..

Why is there never enough money…..

Hi Angela, yes this is very true. Wardrobes seem to be a daft shape! I can relate to the money thing…. i sold something and had a bit of spare cash, slowly it dwindled away on other things then when i had nowt i saw the nicest skirt but couldnt afford it!! Its like window shopping when you have no money….. your bound to see a real bargain but cant afford it!

Love Fiona xx

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

Oh so many gripes but here’s the one that has me fired up today.  Why are the super cute shoes never available in wide widths?!?  I’m so tired of buying shoes based on limited wide width selections, or cramming my feet into skinny shoes for the sake of fashion!

💖Lola👠

Oh, Lola, I like this one too. I have big feet, and will look at the size chart, and then they never have it in my size, even though I narrow down the search to my size.

Mine is with my wig.  I get it looking exactly like I like it, ( I won’t use hair spray on it) then you need something that’s at your feet, and you have to bend over to get it.  Then after you pick it back up, it looks like you’ve been out for a long ride in somebody’s convertible.  Then to top it off, you have it come back in your face , and of course it sticks to your lip stick.  So you have to rearrange the whole thing with a brush or comb.  Then, I use clip on earrings.  I’ve also learned to put the clip ons on before the wig, or you will clip some wig hairs to your ears, and eventually it will pull off the earrings.  Ah, but that’s the price we pay for looking good!

Hi Jennifer, these replies are having me in stitches because i can relate to all of them, dont get me started with wigs!! I end up eating half of mine with my lunch because the hair strays into your mouth. Believe me, spaghetti bolognese and wig, dont taste too good lol.

Fiona xx

Leonara
          Ambassador

Thank you, Thank you Fiona, I thought I was the only one who shared wig hairs with my lunc or dinner… Warmest regards, Leonara

Me too. Hair soup tomorrow for lunch. Anyone else in for a bowl?

Oh, this is easy! Small buttons on blouses that just will not push through especially when in a hurry. Add in very, very small connectors(the tiny loop and prong) to enable zipping up a skirt. And as you mention, zipping up certain dresses.
      Who are the clothing designers of these particular problems(must be male)? I’d like to have a face to face conversation with all of them. (LOL)

Lol April, i found this hilariously funny! Yes must have been designed by a man! I think they must have a grudge against humanity lol

Fiona xx

LOL!
          I’m guessing frustrated husbands who are clothing designers. Many I would guess wish they could “date” very pretty and attractive CDs and are unable thus, the source of their frustration.

Amen on the small buttons.  Have on a white cotton blouse in my private pics, took15 minutes to button, biggest problem in my limited wardrobe.

J J
      Lady

Blouse buttons that won’t stay buttoned. While I enjoy a wardrobe malfunction as much as anyone, some buttons just won’t stay buttones.

Hi JJ. Yes, buttons… the pop type. Really annoying things!! Happened to me with a skirt, one popped and then they all decided to. Fortunately i was at home and not in a Bus queue…….

Fiona xx

JOJO
      Lady

Finding heels in larger sizes particularly in wide. It is difficult to find shoes in stores where you can physically try them on and when ordering heels online you just never how they are truly sized.

Hi JOJO, Yes buying shoes can be a very hit and miss affair. Rather than send shoes back, ive worn them and wished i hadnt…….

Love Fiona xx

BUTTONS!! All buttons!

Hi girls,

If you look at any of my photos you will see that I love long nails, my nails were already long when I decided to transition. Long nails and buttons just don’t work! For example, my winter coat has several large buttons that are supposed to slip into straps that keep the weather strip closed over the zipper…no can do with my nails. As for tops, I just wear pullovers. The only buttons I seem to manage with are two pairs of jeans that I wear sometimes.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Hi Lauren, hmmm yes, i suppose you could liken that to eating rice with a pair of chopsticks!! sometimes things are not worth the hassle are they? Thanks for your reply.

Hugs, Fiona xx

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

For me it is false eyelashes. My own lashes are virtually non-existent so I could really benefit from them but I’ve given up. My close-up vision is too poor, my hands too unsteady and no matter what type I’ve used and how often I’ve tried I can’t get them to work. A pox on false eyelashes!!

Hi Fiona, yes they are a nightmare, some people put them on with ease, others, well, it might as well be the same as repairing a pocket watch. One thing i will say is never try to put them on with a great big bulbous bandage on your finger (its a long story), it doesnt work!!!!

Fiona xx

Boxing gloves aren’t much better.

tough one for me is liking having a beard most of the time, but wanting to be clean shaven when in girl mode lol, wish i could just take it off and put it back on after. Also finding cute plus size clothes i find a little tough sometimes

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I know what you mean, Fiona. with my arthritis zippers are nearly impossible. The only worst things are buttons in the back. I have found 2 or 3 of the nicest tops, except they had a button on the neckline which I cannot hope to button up.

. Cassie

How the outside world becomes a minefield when wearing heels. Cracks in the pavement, drain covers, uneven ground, grass!
      Constantly scanning scanning scanning course adjustments, stride length adjustments, the price of looking and feeling fabulous.

B x

Ha Ha, Good one Bianca.  I managed to get my stiletto heel wedged in a wooden floor crack at DLV once.  I was just 6 feet away from the bar and trying to get a drink.  I couldn’t get it out and finally had to break the heel tip off to escape.  After that I wore chunky heels there! lol,   Marg

My gripe is false eyelashes.  I have virtually no natural lashes, so I have to use falsies.  They are a pain to put on, always out of place.  Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi Kerri, if i was to be honest, i dont like them but its more a Glue issue and the fact i seem to have an allergy to it so i avoid them. I think most of us have struggled with them.

Fiona xx

I wear them less now, but get the magnetic ones from Amazon. Did I just say amazing? Hello! These things are fantastic. The liner that comes with it is a tad hard to remove however.

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Oh Fiona, all of these things are true but as frustrated as we get over them I still chuckle a little when I see a man in the mirror trying to do these things. But still we pull it off, so lets go ladies pull up your big girl panties and go with it, although I do agree every crack in the sidewalk follows you when you walk in heals.

Sherri

Big Girl Panties? Me!! Never….. Ha Ha

Fiona xx

Think back,  I remember what  a hassle small buttons an bra hooks were when you were trying to take off your date’s clothes.  Now I have to deal with them all the time.   However, at the end of the evening  it all seems worthwhile as it did then.

A few people have mentioned shoes. One of mine is boots. Why is it almost impossible to find a wide width boot that doesn’t have a wide calf? I’d like to be able to wear a more form fitting top of the boot too.

Nail polish is another one. I never have time to put it on. When I’m going out at night, I’m often dressed as a guy for more than half the day. So I don’t have the time to put it on and have the polish really cure. If I just let it dry, it still will slide when trying to use my hands for things because the polish isn’t dry all the way to the nail bed. And press on nails? I’ve never used them. My thumb is so big, I would need a woman’s size big toe nail to fit my thumb.

My last one here is about having to change. I’m working from home, wearing a top and skirt, breast forms and a wig. I decide I want to order pizza from the place I go to regularly. I can see taking off the wig and forms. I may even be able to cover a feminine top with a coat if it is in the colder months. But why should I have to change my bottom to jeans (or at least tuck the skirt into the jeans) just to step into the pizza parlor for 2 minutes? Even when I get home and have a zoom call later, I can wear the skirt (it’s below camera level).  It just makes no sense that I have to change what I’m wearing because of other people’s expectations.

Hi Alison,  I use Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color (in ASAP Apple Red) for occasions when I need quick nail color and don’t have any time.  I can usually do one fast coat and be out the door in 5 minutes.  It’s saved me many times and I hope that helps you too.  Marg

I have tried the ista-dry nail polish in the past. It helps, but there is still a difference between top dry and cured down to the nail be.

If I’m really out of time I use the hair dryer on them too.  Marg

J J
        Lady

Try press on nails. Even the cheap ones ($8 for a set) are quick and easy on and off, and look surprisingly good. Expensive ones look even better, but I save those for longer wear times.

Hi Alison, yes urm Boots! Getting some of them on can be a nightmare and getting em’ off even worse,i hear you with the tightness around the calfs, restricting Bloodflow to the point of passing out!!! (and thats even if you can walk in them).

Regarding Nail Polish, i am the same. If its only a short amount of time such as a few hours then simply i cannot be bothered. Its hard to put on, even worse to take off and if you wear Glitter Polish, then make sure you have some sandpaper and an Angle Grinder handy….!! Lol you made me giggle about your Thumb size and the Big toe Ha Ha, me too hunny!! (Glad i am not alone with this one). Try Nails Inc, it dries super fast and generally only needs one coat, definately the best i have used to date.

The Dressing thing is a big Gripe with me and for the same reasons as yourself, what difference should it make what anyone wears? Its crazy and in the 21st Century we really shouldnt even be giving it a thought.

Love Fiona xx

They make a couple of products that are (supposed to be) peel off base coats. I found them not to work as easily as shown, but still are a help for the glittery nail polishes.

Yes Yes Yes on the boots. I have several pairs from plus-size woman’s stores because they fit wonderfully in the foot, but the calves are usually too big and a bit floppy on the knee-high or over-the-knee styles.

XO Tara

I have had success on Etsy with press on nails just have to find the sites that tell you how to properly measure your nail beds. Like most men I have large nail beds and I have found four or five sellers that have done an excellent job and it has made me feel better having them on when dressed With good gel tabs they have held for an evening out or day dressed at home just fine. Hope this helps.

Totally agree! Why should i undress to get a pizza, open the door for unexpected intruders. It’s definitely not fair but not we can do. Sandy.

So far, I have been lucky to be able to zip up all of my dresses in the back. I zip up as far as I can go underhanded, and then pull up the dress with one hand, while reaching from the top to finish zipping all the way to the neckline.

Hi Jerri, you must be very flexible unlike me!

Fiona xx

I am also hindered by zips for various reasons. I am as flexible as a teak plank and have even not bought some dresses as they have a back zip. Side zip or pull over head are about my limit

Fiona Black
        Baroness - Annual

That’s how I do it too Jerri. Helps that I am somewhat double-jointed.

Karla Rogers
      Duchess

Shoes, shoes, shoes! In women’s, I usually need at least a 14 or 14 1/2 wide. I have had to return many a pair of shoes. Ugh!

I got lucky last summer and found a pair of sandals in a 13 wide that fit perfect. A rarity. Since they are open heel and toe I didn’t need to worry about my toes being folded inward like in a pair of pumps. An additional stroke of luck, my toes and heels don’t hang off the edges.

My biggest complaint is the amount of time it takes me to go from a manly man to a decent respectful presentation as April shaving, shower, lotions, potions and all. Makeup getting dressed it takes two hours which at times just seems exhausting to me so I won’t dress. It does feel good the transformation process to end result. Just at times I would like to dress but don’t due to the amount of effort it takes.(which is why I never ever say anything to my wife about when she is getting ready to go out she is still so quick being a natural beautiful woman.

Shoes is next biggest issue as it is hard to find beautiful sexy shoes having size 13 mens feet but I have found a few seems I miss the huge collections if my feet were a couple sizes smaller but it is still fun to dress and get all dolled up to feel sexy and pretty even though I am a giant. Lol

That’s why when you go out in the EVERYDAY  world, the women dress like men ( sloppy) because it’s just to much work .  They don’t realize that any woman can look wonderful if they just take the time.  We MTF crossers realize and appreciate feminine beauty and try to live it.  “ We lucky few, we band of sisters”.

Anonymous
          Lady

This is exactly what I was thinking today! It takes me about an hour to shower, shave, makeup and dress-up. Never again will I every complain about a woman taking too long to get ready.

How do you do all that in an hour?  You must be super organized. Takes me twice that and I still  an old dude in a dress.  Well at least I’M happy.

Hi April,

I know what your problem is, you just need more practice girl! LOL
        Seeing as I do it every day, I’ve got it down to a half hour for shaving and makeup, and another 15 minutes to figure out what I’m going to wear and then put it on. Mind you my nails are always done and ready to go, that makes a big difference.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Sweetie you’re incredible I’m so slow it takes me hours and don’t necessarily get it right the first time. I’m envious! Hugs, Sandy

April thanks for your post! It’s Sandy.
        you and I have many of the same issues Snag in my best hose etc. I have another issue where I broke my ankle and that foot is somewhat larger so I have to buy two pairs of shoes to make one. I wear an 8 but other foot requires an 8 and half!
        anyway have good evening. Hugs Sandy.

Onlymaker.com has shoes to size 15. I haven’t ordered anything from them yet, but the selection is great.

Love,

Tommie

Anonymous
      Lady

I have the usual problems like all the other girls have mentioned but it really irks me when I get a nice pair of nylons and even after checking my nails I still get a snag as I pull then on…. arrrgh! My nails are too big for false nails so I take a lot of care to grow them out naturally but using them like typing will create a tiny chip that grabs the hose every time it seems. I should wear gloves I guess.

I sympathize with all the big footed girls. I need a 14 or 15 womens shoe and the selection is very limited…. arrrgh!

It takes a lot of work to present as a female but its all worth it.

Hi Fiona
      My only thing that irk’s me is eyeliner that’s because my alter ego wear’s glasses his fault. I found a way around it though a magnifying mirror.
      Sarah xx

Hi Ladies,its Michelle.There is a product om the internet called Zip Her.Its a zipper pull with a knob on one end of a chain and the other end is a hook that fits the zipper slider.The kit also comes with small rings that can be attached to the zipper handle.Attach the zipperpull to the ring,step into your dress,hold the bottom of the zipper with the other hand and and pull the zipper pull with one hand,and the zipper rises to the top of your dress.If you have a solid long ornamental zipper pull on the dress ,as in some Calvin Klines,drill a small hole in the zipper pull body and attach the ring included in the kit.Try it,its easy,if you have questions,please post in the forum and I will answer you. Michelle.P S Google it ladies and check it out.

I have chain blocks in my garage that can do that.  Lol ok, I’ll stop now.

For me it’s definitely sizing issues, I’m right in between a woman’s medium/large when it comes to lingerie so depending on the item it can be tricky and since I always order online, I can’t try it on beforehand so it’s usually somewhat of a guessing game. In some cases a medium is just right but with other clothes too small, and in some cases a large is just right but in other cases too big. Really have to do homework and research depending on what the item is and what type of fit it has, does it shrink in the wash, etc.

Hi Jess
        I found the same thing and a lot depends on the country; China, England and US/Canada. They are all different but I notice that more women’s sites are putting sizing charts on and the if you google women to men’s sizes before you order they are pretty much bang on. The shoes were the big thing and if you are US just remember that a woman’s size is 1 1/2 to 2 sizes bigger. eg I am a 10 male and I take a 11 female which is 44 European and make sure you measure your foot toe to heel and widest part. My shoes came and they fit perfect.
        Sara

I guess because I spend so much time en femme, I have become immune to the female issues that plague us. My only gripe really is after owning a pair of drop dead gorgeous shoes for a few weeks, one starts to squeak when walking. Seems to get louder in public places, like stores. Yes, it draws attention damn it.  Lol

My biggest gripe is with clothing manufactures that think us larger girls do not want to also wear the same cute things as the skinny girls. I am a size 18/20 and the cute styles always stop around size 14/16.

Arrgh!

Have to agree with that Jin, same goes with shoes they stop at 10/11.

It’s Sandy, I totally agree! It’s impossible to find larger sizes like the fit and flair party dresses. I wear a size 16 and I can’t find any dresses I like or not in my size.
        hugs, Sandy.

Sizes! Especially shoe sizes!

Sizes also. I wish I knew where the taller girls shop.

I agree it is hard to find good sizes especially when tall as many tops are long enough. I have bought many over the years and have returned or given many away to good will as being extremely tall and wearing 2x xxl or size 20 tops most places do not list the length of the body of the top which needs to be 27 inches to look normal. JCPENNEY years ago used to carry nice dresses for tall women for evening wear not anymore. Long Tall Sally is expensive and it is hit and miss with Venus some things are great and others not so much.

I have had some luck on eBay where the seller shows actual measurements. I have also gotten lucky with a few tops on Amazon, but there is some hit and miss. I have a pair of LTS jeans I found on eBay that I absolutely love, high rise with a 38″ inseam and fit like they were made for me.

I also require a 38 inch inseam and occasionally can get away with 36 inch but i have found good luck with jeans for tall women at the buckle ordering online with BKE or Miss Me jeans they make up to 38 inch inseam.

Thank you so much for this, I’ll check them out.

Yes they have sexy jeans.

Biggest gripe with me is false eyelashes. I have tried numerous times and yet to have success on both eyes at the same time. I guess if I wear going for the pirate look I would be fine. So the usual process is to try it, fail, pull them off and toss them in the trash then swearing I will never do it again. Rinse, repeat.

Second is finding a bra that looks good and works well with forms. I don’t like my forms showing if possible but at the same time I want a healthy amount of cleavage. It can be a crazy balancing act for me.

Love,

Tommie

I find pocket bras work the best for breast forms with tops that cover unless you want cleavage showing.

Amy Oxley
      Lady

My main gripe is being 6’2″. I love heels especially ankle boots. But they make me soooooo tall I have to duck to go through doors. My wife is also quite a bit shorter than me so when I stand next to her we look weird.

Anonymous

This has to be mine as well. Particularly the chest, maybe mine sinks in to much. I just can never get it completely smooth. I will probably just get it waxed when summer comes so I can wear cute tops!

The behind the back thing was something I thought I had invented! And yes the eyes are always a problem for me. I put it on then I take it off only to reapply

Snags, yes! Seems when I put on some of my best hose is when I get the most runs!
      Have fun being a girl! Hugs, Sandy.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?