Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Lady

I just wanted to let the gals here know that it IS possible to open that closet door, even if it’s just a little.

I came out as gender fluid to a good friend of mine today.  I let him know my name is Tara, I love to wear women’s clothing and project as female!  I had a feeling he’d be okay with it, but I was extremely nervous about it. I showed him a picture of Tara and he accepted me for me and he said that whenever we hang out together, he’s fine if I want to project as male or female!  He’d accept me either way!  What a great friend!

So, it CAN happen, ladies!  You CAN be accepted for who you are!  You CAN open the door!  Opening it a crack is the only way you can open it completely.  I’m still working on that part, but the door is at least unlocked and partially open and letting in some sunlight!

AND, I couldn’t have done it without CDH! So, thank you all!

*kisses* tara 🙂

Nice, Support is so essential in so many thing we want to do in life. Great that your friend is going to be your friend no matter what. Shame not more people are open minded as he is.

Anonymous

Wow! Congrats Tara and thanks for sharing the experience. That must feel so good to open the door a bit.

— Abbie 🥰

Anonymous

Tara….

Love your topic title!!!!

You had every right to be nervous…but you did it!!!!

Well done.

Sometimes that door is really stuck……but with steely will, a few deep breaths……..and a little oil!!!!…..who knows????

Grace ❤️

Anonymous

Congratulations Tara, that’s is one of the hardest steps to make as a CD. Sounds like you have a beautiful friend there. Good luck Amanda xx

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Tara, this is why I love CDH and on here almost everyday. All your wonderful stories help me work up the courage to get out there and show everyone the new (real??) me!!
      . . Sandy

Congratulations Tara!!

That door is now open for you, whether just a crack or slammed open hard enough to break the hinges.  Now just put an old boot down there to not let it shut back.

Out and forward is the only way to go now.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Way to go, Tara.

Anonymous

I just did to the gal who cuts my hair.  We have know each other 30 years.  She was great.  We even chatted about girls clothing.  She is the only person besides my wife to know.  It felt great to tell someone else.

Nicely done Tara…. I can almost feel the tension leave your body as your friend affirmed his loyalty and accepted you.   What a beautiful moment it must have been.

Stories like yours are great encouragement for those of us who are aching to crack open that door, but still have self doubts.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Great to hear this news Tara. Make sure you put a stop under the door to stop it closing.

For me it was a life affirming experience to tell just one person. Now my door is off the hinges.

Know the person you are going to tell and even sound them out as to their thoughts on C.D. in conversation. The more you do it the easier it becomes.

Go girl.

Anonymous
      Lady

Congratulations Tara. Your friend is a really good friend and now you’re out to him you may find he has secrets too…. you never know.

I would love to tell some of my friends but its too risky because you can’t put the cat back in the bag. I’m moving toward androgny in every day life so hoping someone will notice and say something.

I’ve certainly made enough noise, figuratively speaking, for someone to have questions and say something, but the crew i work with is i think too nervous to say something to my face, but I strongly suspect they’ve said much behind my back already. If so, it hasn’t changed the work dynamic any. My door is open, and one person at work knows, whether she tells anyone else? I doubt it. It seems like sometimes people just don’t want to know, since pretending not to know is easier than asking and having things confirmed. Meh, whatever.

Bridgette

Anonymous

That is so lovely to hear.
      Sadly as a former serviceman who works with 6 other former servicemen (Royal Marines) If I expect any sympathy I would have to look in the dictionary( I wont finish the rest of the saying)
      Ideally I would love to tell the wife but am afraid she would tell friends on facebook (not in a malicious way)
      I believe I have 2 choices, either inch the door open slowly and quietly or Kick the door open with handbag swinging screaming “What of it!”

Hugs

Wilma x

Anonymous

Omg I’m so proud of you girl!! 🌼🌸💕

Well done you! That’s great! It surely feels good to tell someone, doesn’t it. A little nervy, but good. Now you’ve got a stronger friendship and an ally.

Bridgette

Anonymous
        Lady

It DEFINTELY felt awesome to tell someone!  He’s always been such a good friend and now I think even more of him.  My wish for all of you gals is that you have at least ONE friend like that!

*kisses* tara 🙂

Good for you, Tara, and I am envious!
      I only have one good friend, and we have been best friends for almost 50 years, the only problem is I married his sister, so telling him would be telling the whole family, and as I have posted before, That wouldnt go well with my sons, sadly.
      However, my wife has 3 nurses/PSW’s come in every week, and they all know now, and I am getting close to saying the heck with it,lol
      Hugs, Regine👸💕

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?