- July 29, 2021 at 8:58 pm #524836Tara JeaneParticipantRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 293Has thanked: 1912 timesBeen thanked: 1484 times
I just wanted to let the gals here know that it IS possible to open that closet door, even if it’s just a little.
I came out as gender fluid to a good friend of mine today. I let him know my name is Tara, I love to wear women’s clothing and project as female! I had a feeling he’d be okay with it, but I was extremely nervous about it. I showed him a picture of Tara and he accepted me for me and he said that whenever we hang out together, he’s fine if I want to project as male or female! He’d accept me either way! What a great friend!
So, it CAN happen, ladies! You CAN be accepted for who you are! You CAN open the door! Opening it a crack is the only way you can open it completely. I’m still working on that part, but the door is at least unlocked and partially open and letting in some sunlight!
AND, I couldn’t have done it without CDH! So, thank you all!
*kisses* tara 🙂
Total of 38 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- July 31, 2021 at 2:53 am #525302Regine KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 40Replies: 1314Has thanked: 15618 timesBeen thanked: 5883 times
Good for you, Tara, and I am envious!
I only have one good friend, and we have been best friends for almost 50 years, the only problem is I married his sister, so telling him would be telling the whole family, and as I have posted before, That wouldnt go well with my sons, sadly.
However, my wife has 3 nurses/PSW’s come in every week, and they all know now, and I am getting close to saying the heck with it,lol
- July 30, 2021 at 7:57 pm #525233Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 1311Has thanked: 17374 timesBeen thanked: 4965 times
- July 30, 2021 at 7:31 pm #525219
- July 30, 2021 at 9:32 am #524976WilmaLadyRegistered On: July 24, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 142Has thanked: 761 timesBeen thanked: 545 times
That is so lovely to hear.
Sadly as a former serviceman who works with 6 other former servicemen (Royal Marines) If I expect any sympathy I would have to look in the dictionary( I wont finish the rest of the saying)
Ideally I would love to tell the wife but am afraid she would tell friends on facebook (not in a malicious way)
I believe I have 2 choices, either inch the door open slowly and quietly or Kick the door open with handbag swinging screaming “What of it!”
- July 30, 2021 at 9:23 am #524974Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 404Has thanked: 1511 timesBeen thanked: 1963 times
Congratulations Tara. Your friend is a really good friend and now you’re out to him you may find he has secrets too…. you never know.
I would love to tell some of my friends but its too risky because you can’t put the cat back in the bag. I’m moving toward androgny in every day life so hoping someone will notice and say something.
- July 30, 2021 at 7:53 pm #525232Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 1311Has thanked: 17374 timesBeen thanked: 4965 times
I’ve certainly made enough noise, figuratively speaking, for someone to have questions and say something, but the crew i work with is i think too nervous to say something to my face, but I strongly suspect they’ve said much behind my back already. If so, it hasn’t changed the work dynamic any. My door is open, and one person at work knows, whether she tells anyone else? I doubt it. It seems like sometimes people just don’t want to know, since pretending not to know is easier than asking and having things confirmed. Meh, whatever.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- July 30, 2021 at 8:55 am #524957Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 263Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 1160 times
Great to hear this news Tara. Make sure you put a stop under the door to stop it closing.
For me it was a life affirming experience to tell just one person. Now my door is off the hinges.
Know the person you are going to tell and even sound them out as to their thoughts on C.D. in conversation. The more you do it the easier it becomes.
- July 30, 2021 at 8:15 am #524945Laura Jane MooreLadyRegistered On: July 10, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 178Has thanked: 1043 timesBeen thanked: 767 times
Nicely done Tara…. I can almost feel the tension leave your body as your friend affirmed his loyalty and accepted you. What a beautiful moment it must have been.
Stories like yours are great encouragement for those of us who are aching to crack open that door, but still have self doubts.
- July 30, 2021 at 8:00 am #524943Stephenie DerickBaronessRegistered On: July 9, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 78Has thanked: 799 timesBeen thanked: 284 times
I just did to the gal who cuts my hair. We have know each other 30 years. She was great. We even chatted about girls clothing. She is the only person besides my wife to know. It felt great to tell someone else.
- July 30, 2021 at 4:57 am #524899
- July 30, 2021 at 4:45 am #524897Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1413Has thanked: 23154 timesBeen thanked: 5590 times
That door is now open for you, whether just a crack or slammed open hard enough to break the hinges. Now just put an old boot down there to not let it shut back.
Out and forward is the only way to go now.
- July 30, 2021 at 4:05 am #524888Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 647Has thanked: 1316 timesBeen thanked: 2973 times
- July 29, 2021 at 11:33 pm #524855Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1971Has thanked: 10982 timesBeen thanked: 7820 times
- July 29, 2021 at 11:32 pm #524854LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 92Replies: 1177Has thanked: 1162 timesBeen thanked: 5789 times
- July 29, 2021 at 11:23 pm #524852Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 120Replies: 2824Has thanked: 10449 timesBeen thanked: 16017 times
Love your topic title!!!!
You had every right to be nervous…but you did it!!!!
Sometimes that door is really stuck……but with steely will, a few deep breaths……..and a little oil!!!!…..who knows????
- July 29, 2021 at 10:09 pm #524843Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 472Has thanked: 835 timesBeen thanked: 1687 times
- July 29, 2021 at 9:35 pm #524840Sarah LaneDuchessRegistered On: September 1, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 60Has thanked: 813 timesBeen thanked: 314 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.