• This topic has 61 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Well some people here are aware that I can’t stand fish. Yep your reading this and thinking “What”.
      I totally get the nutrition value of fish, but sadly I simply find fish my nemesis, I can’t stand eating it, I even hate the look of it or even to handle it either.
      In fact it’s so bad I can’t even watch someone eat it at the table, I simply have to leave. I even try to avoid fish counters in supermarket and stalls. In truth I find fish on a plate revolting.
      A Japanese fish restaurant would be a horror nightmare, I would lose it big time.
      So ladies what if any, is your food nemesis, and how does it affect you? Mine is fish, somehow I simply have to quickly distance myself, I can feel that cold shivering taste of disgust and the envelope of fear demanding to leave in my mind building,i simply can’t stay.
      Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous
      Lady

Theres something fishy going on here… lol. I’m so curious as to why you find fish disgusting? Did you have bad fish once? I know some people are adverse to different things like our son doesn’t like tomatoes and I’ve heard of a person who found cotton balls frightening… go figure.

I’m trying to think of something I really don’t like but the only thing I can think of is baked apples. I’m just not a picky eater at all and will try about anything… once.

Anonymous

I put it down to when I was small and my mother kept fish on a plate in the larder I absolutely hated the look and smell. I didn’t like the taste of fish even then, but my father made me eat them and I wasn’t aloud to leave the table till I had. Always made me sick afterwards Michelle.
        Amanda xx

Anonymous
          Lady

Hi Amanda. Yep I too was raised to not leave anything on my plate regardless. I was told there were starving children somewhere who would kill just to get the scraps on my plate so I should be grateful I was being fed whatever we had that day. Oh.. I forgot about the cornbread broken up in a glass of buttermilk…. yuck! I ate it but not after I got big enough to refuse it. Don’t have a clue why I don’t care for baked apples… just not a fan.

Anonymous

Yeah my father would always say about the starving kids. I told him to wrap it up and send it to them then once.
            Got a whack around the head for that.
            Amanda xx

Anonymous

Good Evening Amanda

Well as you know I am cheese intolerant eating it is completely out of the question, even smelling the poxy stuff makes me really heave.

Sarah xx

Anonymous

Yeah I remember Sarah, it’s funny how it does affect you even by sight alone.
        Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Amanda…

I’m struggling here…I have been thinking hard and I seem to like everything…even fish….. and cheese ( sorry Sarah ).

I remember when I moved to Cornwall and being offered these hard chewy squares of indigestible rubber, after about three hours you had to spit them out…the locals called them whelks!!!!😂😂😂

Grace ❤️❤️

Anonymous

Only one thing can think of that will never touch and that Spinach Any other foods ate it enjoyed it

Yes even gator and frog legs both taste chicken.

Donna

Anonymous

Kangaroo nice too Donna.

Anonymous

Oh big chicken legs yummy lol.

Anonymous

Sorry……..I just couldn’t eat….Skippy!!!

Anonymous

Grace sweetie, I can guarantee you won’t be eating Skippy, he was canned years ago, and there is no side effects either,

Most hop off now Amanda xx

Anonymous

Haven’t even heard of Skippy in so many years!

Anonymous

More think about it no ROO for this girl Skippy lives matter. Oh no lions tigers and bears oh my.

Anonymous

Some restaurants around here offer gator, but I’ve never tried it, as it’s way overpriced. It’s aimed at the tourists coming to visit.

Anonymous

Love those gator restaurants….you pick a gator in a tank…then they kill it and cook it……..and when you leave, they give you a handbag and matching shoes……what a bargain!!!!

Anonymous

Actually Grace their this resturant by me that right on the marsh. The open dining on the deck over look the marsh and gators actually swimming around looking for handouts.  They actually catch them from marsh and use them to cook them for customers. lol Oh no rubber bands around their feet or mouth.

Anonymous

Get me a gator sandwich….

and make it snappy!!!

Ouch

Anonymous

bun or bread wheat or white lol

Anonymous

Thats not a bad business idea Grace cuisine and fashion combined,

Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Gator wasn’t on my nemesis list, Dianne; but the very thought makes me ill. After living with two pet alligators for 7 years, I would feel like a cannibal if I took a single bite. It’s not for nothing I have referred to myself in the past as an old sand lizard.

Lulu

Anonymous

Hi Lulu ever been to gatorland between houston and where I live. They have or had 2 big gators big al and TEX. Would have to say I would be the nemesis of those 2 yummy food on legs

Donna

Anonymous

Here, I want to see gators, I can just take a short walk. They haven’t been a nuisance yet, but I do keep an eye out when working in the yard. Much more dangerous wildlife around here, to be sure.

Fun fact: A fence, especially chain link, will hardly slow a gator down, let alone stop them.

Anonymous

Agree there remember the 6ft rule for social distance during covid with a gator I try to stay 60 ft distance or more. Unless they in a protected fence that can not get out.

Anonymous

“Food on legs”” Are you referring to the gators or yourself, Paula? LOL.
            I found them to be not at all like in the movies and TV.

Hugs,
            Lulu

Anonymous

actually was referring to the people around them. Some thinking to the gator yumm food and gator thinking same thing.

Donna

Anonymous

For me, it’s canned beets. I don’t know why, but the taste is revolting to me.
      Always liked spinach, liver, etc. even as a kid.

All Seafood for me, I used to eat Fish but had food Poisoning in Scotland which lasted all night and even though I know it was not the Fish which was the last thing I ate I can no longer handle eating it. ( it was the dodgyv lunch time sausage roll that caused it )

But to upset the Americans here, Peanut Butter!! Yuck, have never liked it even as a kid. I used to throw those sandwiches over the fence and pretend I ate them.

When I was travelling through America in 2006 I was amazed at how much Peanut Butter products there were.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Sarah Lane.
        Anonymous

Hi Sarah,
        Gosh I absolutely love smooth peanut butter, I did a pole on it back a while about the very subject, it’s one of those tastes like marmite, you either love or hate it.
        But fish, God no way absolutely no way.
        Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Shellfish.

I just do not understand why people fawn over lobster. I don’t get it. So much work, so much mess, for so little reward. SMH.

I don’t even want to start on clams and oysters. Ugh

Jillian

I would say anything green and leafy but that would be a lie 🙂

I can stomach pretty much anything.  Fish is fine as long as it is deep fried in batter, yeah I know that pretty much nullifies the nutritional value of fish.

I think insects is one that i draw the line.  I know environmentalists fawn over the nutritional value of insects and supposedly how they are better for the “environment”; sorry I don’t buy it and I’m not about to chow down on grasshoppers either.

I also have a weird thing about green onions.  If it is cooked in food and cut up small, then ok I’ll devour it.  But if it is big and noticable, I’ll pick them out.  Ginger is another.  I know it is used to enhance food flavouring, but I can’t stand the taste let alone biting into one.

Barb Wire
      Lady

Nothing. That’s why I’m fat.

xo Barb :B

Anonymous

“Fat?” insulation Barb I’m sure that’s what you mean.

I too have never liked fish.  I remember my dad taking me fishing as a kid and he would make me scale and gut the fish.  I felt like throwing up every time.  Then my parents would be mad at me for not eating the fish at dinner.

Maybe that is why I am a vegan today.  I cannot stand meat at all.  I get sick smelling any meat cooking anymore.

Anonymous

Hi Heather,

I know how you feel about fish that’s for sure. It’s very sad when you’re forced to endure something you obviously do not like.

Lol Amanda xx

Hi Amanda,

I couldn’t help but think as I read your post that a lot of women have the same reaction to the thought  or presence of a girly man.  Wish it wasn’t true.  Not their fault.  It’s just the way it is.

Hugs,

Michelle

Anonymous

Hi Michelle,

I get that same reaction when drab me is the reflection I see. 🤢

Amanda xx

I love fish, especially salmon. However I must be careful about dining in seafood restaurants. I am terribly alergic to shellfish. Shrimp, crab, lobster and anchovies. The actual ingredient that people like me are alergic to is iodine. Shrimp, crab, lobster are full of iodine, that’s why they are pink or red. The reaction is caused by an imbalance in the thyroid. A side trivia note, there is no such thing as pink flamingos. They are born with white feathers, their primary food is shrimp and the excess iodine goes to their feathers turning them pink.

I learned the hard way about my allergy. The first time I tried shrimp I got quite ill about a half hour later. Just passed it off as an unknown cause. The second time I got so sick I had to be hospitalized. That’s when I learned what the problem was. After that I never ate shellfish but I did have a couple accidental exposures. Once while at a pizza restaurant the anchovy pizza that was in the oven on the rack above my pepperoni pizza dripped on my pizza. I got sick a couple hours later, not bad but I  learned to avoid those stinky things. Another time I had stir fry at a Chinese restaurant. The meal made before mine was shrimp and the residual oils in the wok contaminated my meal. Now when getting Chinese food I insist on a clean wok for my meal.

😵

Beth

Anonymous

Beth sweetie sea food to me means one thing 🤢

Amanda xx

Organ meats. No not that organ! LOL. Heart, lung, liver, you know. Oh, and cauliflower. Yuk. But then again, if you wrap it in bacon I might try it.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Anonymous

Hi Amber,

Fried Liver, bacon and onions is delicious.

Amanda xx

Prudence
      Ambassador

Hi Amanda!  I’m not real big on fish, or seafood. But for me it’s Banananana’s! If I even smell them I get physically ill? I dont spend much time in the produce section at the grocery store.  Hugs

Anonymous

Hi Prudence,

I know exactly how you feel, I see fish, and I am out of there immediately.

Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Hi Amanda,

I love fish, but my lovely wife hated it; it made menu planning difficult.

My nemesis is chicken – or anything which grows feathers. Don’t want so see it or touch it, and the smell of it cooking nauseates me. When we would go to my mother-in-law’s for Thanksgiving dinner, she would provide pizza for me, instead of turkey.

Lulu

Anonymous

Hi Lulu,

Gosh I never come across anyone who has a nemesis with feathered birds. Is this a rare one or not, would be interesting to find that answer out.

Lulu how do dress up a pizza for Thanksgiving?

Lol Amanda xx

Spinach and asparagus.  Or really any vegetable cooked more than a few minutes.  Very few tastes turn me off but textures are another matter entirely.

My big nemesis isn’t with taste, its the smell of some vegetables cooking that make me gag.  Squash is the worst, and I swear I can smell it a day or so after it was cooked at someone else’s house when I visit.  The odor that accompanies anything to do with fishing or cooking fish is also unpleasant to me.

I do think I have always had a very sharp sense of smell though.  I can smell orange juice from across the kitchen without seeing it.  Of course that goes into many other aspects of daily life to, example is cattle or swine feedlots, nauseous to the extreme.  Refineries and gas plants just add to it.

But, the scent of blooming sage brush in late summer is very relaxing.  My backyard after a rain, just the scents of natural things is divine, and, I think, good for your well being and peace of mind.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Hi Paula,

Can totally relate to the ability to smell odours of food you don’t like days afterwards. Give me a well  stocked garden or a flower meadow pure heaven.

Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Hi Amanda,

Generally I’m not bad, but – desiccated coconut. When I stacked shelves, I’d get someone else to do that bit!

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Hi Marti,

A lot of people seem to have an adversity with coconut, both in texture and taste.

Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

– and yet I love thai and indian curries with coconut milk in them! Life is strange, I guess.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Definitely right there Marti xx

Anonymous

I should have been born a Billy (or Billie) Goat. There’s almost nothing I won’t eat.

That 10-day old chicken in the fridge or that “expired” can of beans, still good. 😁

Anonymous

Hi Raquel,

Surely there isn’t enough  meat on 10 day old chickens?

Anonymous

Amanda,
          🐣 Depends on how many you have. 😆

Anonymous

It’s quite common, I have a couple of friends the same as you Gen.
      Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Your never alone Gen, you just don’t know it.
      Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Love broccoli Holly xx

Anonymous

…and I love fartballs ❤️

Anonymous

Oh me too Grace, especially if they are wrapped in bacon and served with lashings of stuffing, roast potatoes and a delicious joint of pork with crispy crackling and apple sauce.
      Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Hi Celeste,

Do people still eat tripe?

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?