- Super-heroine (Supergirl, Wonderwoman, etc)
- French maid
- Girl scout
- Marie Antoinette/Queen
- Southern Belle
- Roaring 20's - flapper
- 50's housewife
- Playboy bunny
- September 22, 2019 at 1:48 pm #225824Gabriela RomaniFounderRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 979Replies: 462Has thanked: 402 timesBeen thanked: 2278 times
Ok ladies, you are invited to a Halloween party. A really fancy one. And your SO (wife, girlfriend, etc) is telling you that you can pick any costume at all you may want. Even if it is a woman’s/girl’s costume. And she will help you if you need help. You will go “all in”, “the works”, “the whole nine yards”, “whole hog”, etc.
Soooo…. What are you wearing? If not in the list, just reply “other” but let us know.
Total of 37 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- July 25, 2022 at 3:55 pm #665364Sandy ChaseDuchessRegistered On: November 2, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 200Has thanked: 1622 timesBeen thanked: 310 times
Halloween is a cross dresser dream come true. We can be what we feel and throughly enjoy it
Happy Halloween. Sandy
- July 14, 2022 at 2:12 pm #662731Michelle DavisLadyRegistered On: February 14, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 20 times
I have gone out enfem for Halloween many times ! I’ve dressed as a French Maid, a Butterfly, a Nurse, a housewife, a candy Stripper, even as “Janet” from the Rocky Horror Picture Show! NEVER had a problem, never even got harassed! Love being out in public as Michelle, shopping , Dining, Traveling or Clubbing ! Outing is so addictive – more so than Heroin !
- July 10, 2022 at 11:31 am #661608JasmineRegistered On: June 8, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 119Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 298 times
Actually got the chance one time years ago to go as a dark pixie for Halloween complete with a dress that was tight across the chest and flared out at the waist black tights black corset small forms knee high platform boots and a set of wings. I had such a great time
- July 4, 2022 at 5:07 pm #660327Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 56Replies: 970Has thanked: 2279 timesBeen thanked: 4475 times
- July 3, 2022 at 10:06 pm #660151Rhonda LeeBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 106Has thanked: 131 timesBeen thanked: 497 times
I checked bride, but French maid and cheerleader would attract me also. As a practical matter, I’d probably come as a Southern Belle since I have a gorgeous outfit already that I wore for a Gone with the Wind theme party. I wore two petticoats underneath, which added extra excitement, as well as other accessories. All of this takes up a lot of closet room, so I should take the opportunity to wear it once in awhile. The same could be said for a prom dress I wore only once and a poodle skirt I have never even worn. So something from the closet would likely win out, although shopping for fem items is always fun!
- July 2, 2022 at 2:12 am #659808Miranda HuggenkissLadyRegistered On: November 26, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 24Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 97 times
Being an U.S. Air Force veteran I would go as a W.A.F. Out of respect for the military and especially the Air Force, I have always wanted the uniform of a W.A.F. The blue skirt and jacket of a female airman has always been in my heart and I feel that I would be serving a dual purpose since I once served as a male it would be nice to serve as a female.
- July 1, 2022 at 4:09 pm #659763Jenny JTLadyRegistered On: November 25, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 5Has thanked: 81 timesBeen thanked: 34 times
- July 1, 2022 at 5:24 am #659690Michelle ManningDuchessRegistered On: June 26, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 4Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 10 times
It is almost time to start thinking about a costume. Last yr I went as Cruella DeVille and it seemed like it took me months to put the entire costume together. My friends and I won the costume contest at local gay club, they both had Dalmatian puppy costumes on.
- June 30, 2022 at 3:09 pm #659623Amy CatrelleLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2022Topics: 10Replies: 203Has thanked: 533 timesBeen thanked: 912 times
I ticked witch/sorceress and super-villainess. I’ve always fancied dressing as Catwoman (Julie Newmar version) but for Halloween I’d almost certainly want to dress as a goth girl; there are just so many wonderful looks to play with, and I’m pretty sure caking myself in gothic slap would do my face a lot of favours. x
- June 30, 2022 at 2:01 pm #659614Genia SamoneLadyRegistered On: May 5, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 18Has thanked: 17 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
- June 30, 2022 at 10:22 am #659589BrielleDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 487Has thanked: 2432 timesBeen thanked: 2037 times
I’ve always fantasized of being dressed (and passing) as a Playboy bunny. I’d want the authenic costume, of course! I just think it would be a gas to have the men ogling me and the women staring daggers (giggles).
- June 29, 2022 at 10:16 pm #659496Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 119Replies: 1059Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 4174 times
I’ve never dressed for Halloween, (home situation would not allow it).
But I do own Marie Antoinette and Scarlett O Caty gowns as per below. I’ve never worn the former in public but did so at a CD convention with the latter back in 2017 as per.
As for” Marie”(still with her head on.)..
Also in my younger days, I’ve (privately) done bride and bridesmaid. Later years “Mother of the Bride” including full scale formal gowns. Some of these were public.
A perusal of my public photo gallery will “reveal all”.
Oh and last, but not least, I also enjoy the “clever secretary” look.
- June 29, 2022 at 1:08 pm #659407KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 735Has thanked: 3358 timesBeen thanked: 3625 times
Hi Gabriela, thanks for posting the poll.
I voted for 70s (assuming that’s where Rocky Horror’s Janet fits in. I love the outfit she wears to the Castle (the pink dress with white sweater and white shoes). And especially later as it slowly starts coming off – a lovely white pushup wonderbra, panties and partially torn half-slip.
I dress for Hallowe’en every year to give out candies to the kids. En femme of course. I’ve been a lady pirate, a large female bunny, a nun, a female doctor, Mrs. Santa (the kid’s favourite for sure), a Star Trek female science officer. Lots of fun. My wife just closes her office door and ignores the fun.
- June 28, 2022 at 8:04 pm #659248Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 1653Has thanked: 4934 timesBeen thanked: 5397 times
I voted for Marie Antoinette or a Queen, a regal one that is. However I could see myself in a few other costumes, like the French Maid, or a 20’s flapper.
One addition I could suggest is the Egyptian Queen Cleopatra, which I did for a party last Halloween. She was such a legendary beauty, a beautiful Queen.
- June 28, 2022 at 6:06 pm #659226Regina DarksideLadyRegistered On: November 10, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 21Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 91 times
Hmm…kinda tough to pick just one of those to dress for Halloween. Thought about bride, but unsure if I’d want to wear for an extended time (e.g. a party). I finally decided on a hooker, but I’d have to have someone give me a makeover and lose a bit of the girth around my waist. Otherwise I don’t think I’d fit into the dress I have in my mind.
- June 28, 2022 at 3:08 pm #659173Susan TalbotLadyRegistered On: June 28, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 171Has thanked: 1167 timesBeen thanked: 570 times
- June 28, 2022 at 9:19 am #659093Jessica V.LadyRegistered On: October 16, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 34Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 120 times
So I probably gave this more thought than I should have but for some reason the Southern Belle popped out at me. I’m not from the South although I live in S.FL but just the undergarments/corsets, perfect overdone make up, fancy hat, overtly busty, sipping mint julips at the horserace look just screams to me. The funny thing is the other usuals popped out at me first, playboy bunny, cheearleader, hooker but once I got to Southern Belle it just stuck. For my fellow Disney crazies, I think of Charlotte Le Bouff from Princess and the Frog. Now I just have to convince my wife…
- June 27, 2022 at 10:09 pm #658991Sara MadisonLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 5Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 32 times
Ohh so many great choices! Got to go with superheroines first though, Wonder Woman is my absolute fav! NOTE: I do have an outfit of hers and I adore it! ^^
I would love to be a hooker or a 50s housewife. Those would be a total blast.
- June 27, 2022 at 8:54 pm #658976Martina KlarcDuchessRegistered On: December 23, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 17Has thanked: 69 timesBeen thanked: 89 times
- June 27, 2022 at 6:51 pm #658943
- June 27, 2022 at 6:09 pm #658929Bobbi WattLadyRegistered On: February 17, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 26Has thanked: 225 timesBeen thanked: 157 times
- June 27, 2022 at 2:21 pm #658873ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 571Has thanked: 2140 timesBeen thanked: 2656 times
Wishful dreaming on my part here, so in no particular order – French Maid, Bride, Super Heroine, or 50’s Housewife (or really Joan Holloway or at least Peggy Olson from Mad Men).
Of course, the Evil Queen from Disney’s Snow White would be interesting, but I’d probably wind up as the Witch/OldHag incarnation. Oh well.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by ChloeC.
- June 27, 2022 at 2:10 pm #658870RevelBaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 538Has thanked: 1199 timesBeen thanked: 1891 times
I’m surprised a “Cat” costume isn’t listed. It’s always a purrfect choice. 😉
- June 27, 2022 at 3:20 pm #658880
- June 27, 2022 at 7:57 am #658808Lynda JonesBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 1, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 130Has thanked: 1136 timesBeen thanked: 460 times
- June 26, 2022 at 2:33 pm #658658Kelli MarloweLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 157Has thanked: 2001 timesBeen thanked: 897 times
- June 26, 2022 at 11:01 am #658625RevelBaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 538Has thanked: 1199 timesBeen thanked: 1891 times
Halloween is my favorite time of the year! 🎃😈
A “Deviless” got my vote. Why? I was dressed as one back in 2020 when I revealed to my Daddy that I’m a CD on Halloween night. It was the best Halloween ever. I wrote an article about it, and you can find it in my articles. 🧡🖤
I like dressing up as a Cat too. I’m not an evil person, but I have a naughty, sexy side so I love dressing up as a Devil Girl! I also think dressing up as one looks great with my brunette hair, and full lips wearing lipstick. Besides, red and black are my favorite colors. ❤️🖤
- June 26, 2022 at 10:47 am #658619SylviaLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 667Has thanked: 16892 timesBeen thanked: 2757 times
- June 26, 2022 at 3:08 am #658555Diane Marie RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 1092Has thanked: 1937 timesBeen thanked: 3793 times
- June 26, 2022 at 12:06 am #658549karley delawareBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 436Has thanked: 2367 timesBeen thanked: 1339 times
- June 25, 2022 at 11:39 pm #658547Amanda WoodsLadyRegistered On: November 26, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 98Has thanked: 169 timesBeen thanked: 413 times
- June 25, 2022 at 7:52 pm #658529Jenny Thigh HighLadyRegistered On: August 10, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 303Has thanked: 1661 timesBeen thanked: 1577 times
- June 27, 2022 at 10:42 am #658847
- June 25, 2022 at 6:27 pm #658509
- June 25, 2022 at 5:12 pm #658499Lauren MugnaiaDuchessRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 11Replies: 259Has thanked: 2459 timesBeen thanked: 1304 times
Oh definitely a French Maid, the very short dress with all the frills, panties that show, corset, stockings and garterbelt, push up bra, high heeled sandals or open toe pumps with toenails polished bright red, matching long red fingernails, makeup done to the nines with long fake eyelashes, a nice hairdo with some ribbons added, hoop earrings and other jewelry. The ultimate crossdresser fantasy, and we all know it!!
- June 26, 2022 at 2:30 pm #658657NancyDuchessRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 28Replies: 365Has thanked: 994 timesBeen thanked: 1810 times
Lauren, I’ve been looking at a particular French maid uniform for a while now, but haven’t ordered it yet. I can’t decide if I want the 11 inch or 14 inch skirt on it. The shorter dress is so sizzling hot. But, could I really go out to a bar on Halloween in an outfit that easily showed glimpses of my panties? I know which one I’m most drawn to though…
- June 25, 2022 at 4:47 pm #658492Jaime PleatLadyRegistered On: January 23, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 98Has thanked: 482 timesBeen thanked: 385 times
Hi!! Thanks for the fun!! Though I chose Cheerleader, my #1 is a Catholic school girl uniform from the mid sixties near Chicago. My friend’s mother and mine apparently came up with the idea (in the 6th grade, fall of 1965). Though I had two sisters with closets full of plaid skirts, pinafores/jumpers and plenty of starched ironed Pete pan collars, and my friend had zero sisters or brothers… his mother came up with uniforms that fit us??!
So off we went. My mother borrowed a wig from another person that was short, we called the style back then a pixie I think. It was blond with straight bangs at my eyebrows (which were just a little brown but mostly blond).
He got called out I am told at the Halloween party in our school gym. My sister only recently told me of the photo. I had completely forgotten!!!
- June 25, 2022 at 1:09 pm #658464
- June 25, 2022 at 11:49 am #658455Sofía Alejandra Hurtado EspinozaLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 60Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 226 times
Hi girls, my choices are French maid, which is undoubtedly a classic and in fact I already have a costume of this, and witch or sorceress, the truth is that since I was a child I have wanted to dress up as one, I don’t know why but they call me a lot the attention and it arouses great interest in me, so it will surely be my next purchase in the costumes section haha,
I would add other options, something hotter like a Playboy bunny, and it would also be a great opportunity to cosplay your favorite female anime character, which would definitely be a lot of fun.
greetings to all
- June 25, 2022 at 4:50 pm #658493Jaime PleatLadyRegistered On: January 23, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 98Has thanked: 482 timesBeen thanked: 385 times
- June 25, 2022 at 1:00 pm #658460MelanieElizabethLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 19Replies: 252Has thanked: 736 timesBeen thanked: 1537 times
Omg Sophia! When I saw this poll I immediately looked for playboy bunny, unfortunately it’s not there but that would be my choice. I don’t think I’d have the guts to wear it but in my dreams maybe I would.
- June 25, 2022 at 5:15 am #658399Michelle SmithLadyRegistered On: March 22, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 12Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 56 times
I would wear my Belle dress from Beauty and the Beast, I wore a couple years ago to a Halloween party. Very elegant long dress/costume, gloves and long wig. Through the years I’ve dressed for Halloween as a cheerleader, witch, retired hooters girl and even Peg from the movie Edward Scissorhands. Halloween is a great opportunity to get your girl on in public.
- June 24, 2022 at 7:42 am #658260Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 703Has thanked: 4013 timesBeen thanked: 3303 times
Clearly, with all the wonderful choices above, we’re not exactly “feminists” are we? LOL!!
I would have to draw another box then write “Playboy Bunny”. I’ve been infatuated with that outfit since I was a wee little girl (still am wee btw, and have no problem tucking about it). In fact, I recently ordered an Official Bunny outfit from Playboy and it’s currently waiting to hop on the next UPS airplane to my address.
- June 24, 2022 at 4:36 am #658229DuchessRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 28Replies: 365Has thanked: 994 timesBeen thanked: 1810 times
Oh so many choices… Last year I was Wonder Woman to hand out candy, but I didn’t actually go out. I’m intrigued by quality French maid costumes. If this is a fancy costume party I can get away with that, right? And if the mood strikes, I could start serving other guests to really get into it. 🙂 I’ve also been considering Poison Ivy, Jeannie, or a femme character from anime.
- June 24, 2022 at 2:45 am #658218Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1102Has thanked: 4171 timesBeen thanked: 4918 times
Alas Halloween is not celebrated here in the U.K. with dressing up as it is in the states. However we have fancy dress parties and the ones I remember going dressed before I came out were. French Tart, Schoolgirl, American western showgirl, Mother Claus and Superwoman. All done to the full with makeup and hair getting great comments. In the future I am not sure but a french maid would be on the list.
- June 24, 2022 at 2:29 am #658217Jocelyn BeyoodyDuchessRegistered On: May 4, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 71Has thanked: 136 timesBeen thanked: 214 times
I just ordered my halloween costume. As an adolescent, went as my school’s cheerleader. My then gf’s uniform. College, I went as Janet from the, “Rocky Horror Picture Show.” Againg my then gf’s pink dress.
This year, I’m going to be, Bat Girl. Doing the whole look. I’m so excited. Yes, I am planning to keep the city of Philadelphia safe. I will be out looking for bad boys 😉
- June 24, 2022 at 1:50 am #658214Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 464Has thanked: 310 timesBeen thanked: 2381 times
- June 23, 2022 at 7:56 pm #658184JOJOLadyRegistered On: August 5, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 111Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 555 times
For the past few years, I have gone out on Halloween in my French Maid costume and received many positive comments. Surprisingly the genetic females have given me the most positive comments and complimented me on how well I can walk in heels. I just replied that it came from years of practice and smiled.
- June 23, 2022 at 6:51 pm #658160Jessica JeffriesLadyRegistered On: October 13, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 20Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 106 times
- June 23, 2022 at 6:33 pm #658157Kerri SmithLadyRegistered On: April 22, 2022Topics: 11Replies: 90Has thanked: 90 timesBeen thanked: 433 times
- June 23, 2022 at 5:50 pm #658155Barbie SatinRegistered On: May 15, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 191Has thanked: 443 timesBeen thanked: 680 times
I was only ever out once on Halloween, I went dressed as a dominatrix/hooker. I walked into a Sheetz convienience store in a very small town and the cashier told me what a cool costume I had. I was thinking if she only knew it was my every day work outfit.
I drove to Baltimore and met friends to go to a party. On the way we drove past actual T girl hookers out doing their thing.
Another Halloween I didn’t go out but did do a photo shoot for Halloween and dressed as a sexy witch in black PVC, a leather vampire and a devil in red PVC. We went to Party City and purchased Halloween decorations as props. We hung black satin on the walls and used fake spider webbing all over it.
- June 23, 2022 at 4:52 pm #658148kim donesLadyRegistered On: May 28, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 24Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 91 times
when I was 13 mom and grandma dressed me as a girl scout training bra barbie panties girl scout dress. They took me all over 3 malls trick or treating all over spent the whole day as a girl and 3 days after. I was so bad at the malls.
- December 19, 2019 at 3:00 pm #259963Sandy ChaseDuchessRegistered On: November 2, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 200Has thanked: 1622 timesBeen thanked: 310 times
- November 29, 2019 at 11:41 pm #254185AshleyLadyRegistered On: May 25, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 261Has thanked: 938 timesBeen thanked: 957 times
I voted Witch/Sorceress because Yennifer from the Witcher series is one of my favorite characters in anything. She’s a total badass, and has great outfits! Which are up to some interpretation I think. I’m thinking her clothes in the games are not fancy/lacey enough based on the descriptions in the books. I’d love to come up with my own more book-accurate Yennifer.
- November 29, 2019 at 10:02 pm #254174Anne-MarieLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 373Has thanked: 325 timesBeen thanked: 1046 times
I’d like to go as an Edwardian lady, full S bend (corset), the works. I can see myself dressed like that now in my minds eye – mmmmmm If you can remember Rose in the film Titanic, then Roses mother!
Take care girls.
- June 25, 2022 at 5:02 pm #658496LadyRegistered On: January 23, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 98Has thanked: 482 timesBeen thanked: 385 times
Hi thanks!! Edwardian uh? I would love to be your “charge” as I believe they would say. Tagging along dressed in my best Edwardian era outfit.
This was not too different from my REAL early childhood outfits. Smaller collar but the same idea! (Mid 50s to mid 60s)
- November 20, 2019 at 7:59 pm #251179
- November 20, 2019 at 6:25 pm #251154Brenda LynnLadyRegistered On: November 10, 2015Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 157 times
Funny story. Several years ago when I was still teaching high school, my students asked what I was wearing for a costume. Told them I didn’t do costumes, but asked them if I did wear one, what should I come as. One girl said I should come as the lady in red. She even offered me a pair of her black fishnet stockings. It was tempting as I have a red dress, and had never gone out this public en femme. Plus my wife was out of town, so could easily have dressed. But I chickened out and just wore my usual drab teacher clothes!
- October 9, 2019 at 12:42 pm #233250AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Mine is not listed. I will be a Disney Princess and will be dressed as Snow White. I will also be at the Magic Kingdom enjoying Mickey’s Not so Scary Christmas Party. I look forward to being around so many people dressed up. What will be fun to me is knowing the bra, panties, stockings, and pumps are from my closet.
- October 9, 2019 at 3:33 am #233081Dame Veronica GraunwolfRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 55Replies: 1975Has thanked: 1755 timesBeen thanked: 2149 times
- June 25, 2022 at 5:04 pm #658497
- October 7, 2019 at 7:37 pm #232486RosiebethRegistered On: October 3, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 145Has thanked: 500 timesBeen thanked: 974 times
I would also like to go as a blushing southern bride in all that frill and sweet little hat. Oh my I think I’m blushing just thinking of it.
- October 1, 2019 at 10:06 am #229557AoifeLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2018Topics: 79Replies: 342Has thanked: 924 timesBeen thanked: 1330 times
So many period costumes but no Swinging London Dollybird! I’d love that best, yes, even when the first Austin Powers came out and I was 9 I was pretty envious of that guy he punches at the club!
- September 30, 2019 at 7:16 pm #229318Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1556Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6400 times
I’ve been looking at several witch costumes at different stores now, and I think a good June Cleaver/Zombie would definitely garner some attention too, maybe with a candy eyeball necklace instead of pearls?
Also have a thought about a Gypsy style Stevie Nicks costume would be hot too. Now there’s only 30 days to decide, oh my!!
- September 28, 2019 at 1:42 pm #228325Alice EliotLadyRegistered On: February 9, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 57Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 160 times
- September 28, 2019 at 10:12 am #228268Deb CoxLadyRegistered On: July 24, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 33Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 115 times
- September 27, 2019 at 9:56 am #227907Jaime ParrisContributing EditorRegistered On: July 3, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 34Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 91 times
My number one choice is cheerleader. Which was something I would have considered doing if I was born in the right body.
I am seriously planning on making it happen this year. The only thing that could stop will be work again. This year, I no longer have any excuses not to do it.
- July 25, 2022 at 3:26 pm #665361Sandy ChaseDuchessRegistered On: November 2, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 200Has thanked: 1622 timesBeen thanked: 310 times
Hi it’s Sandy. I went as a cheerleader on Halloween on a cruise. It was a lot of fun but the wife didn’t really appreciate it.
Go for it!
- September 27, 2019 at 12:23 am #227751SamanthaLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2016Topics: 2Replies: 14Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 84 times
- September 26, 2019 at 3:27 pm #227607Stephanie AstonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: May 31, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 98Has thanked: 631 timesBeen thanked: 490 times
I wish we in the UK celebrated Halloween as you ladies do across the pond, here it’s more about the kids and trick or treat and not as much fancy dress unless your a kid 😢. Maybe I should come over next year for a visit and join it, would love to dress as a very sexy witch 😘
- June 25, 2022 at 5:09 pm #658498LadyRegistered On: January 23, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 98Has thanked: 482 timesBeen thanked: 385 times
I would love you to cast a spell on me!!!
Have fun! ( I love Great Britain— north Midwest USA here. I would definitely live in your beautiful country— always an American, but happy as a neighbor, in spite of the witches brew you serve!!
- September 26, 2019 at 3:50 am #227280Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1842Has thanked: 1432 timesBeen thanked: 5485 times
It will either be my interpretation of Daisy Duke, a sexy witch or Elvira. That’s pretty much what I do every year and they are always popular and attention getting.
- September 25, 2019 at 11:57 pm #227252Nina GreenLadyRegistered On: June 10, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 25Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 266 times
- September 25, 2019 at 10:58 am #226978AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
This year I want to do Queen Anna from Frozen.
She represents the lengthy times of non-dressing – and if that sounds dark, then absolutely right!
Accidentally freezing others out – I was very prone to doing that as a boy. If someone, like a parent or friend upset me, I wouldn’t talk about it, or anything else for a long time, I became a bit of a champion at it.
It’s possibly linked to feeling unable to voice my desire to dress in girls clothes, but I blanked a lot of stuff like that, not wanting to own up to myself, but having long periods of daydreaming about it.
A strong memory of being dressed up from my sister’s dressing up box, clomping around in my mother’s old shoes, then having the clothes taken off me without a word, and a sound spanking administered without a word – that’s most likely where I learned that behaviour.
I had so long to practice it, it’s like a reflex action – but I recognise it as spectacularly unhelpful. Laura never does that, and I am a lot better at expressing myself.
Not amazing, but much more willing to try.
Anna, and the move itself, is symbolic of all of that.
I am officially a Disney character. Damn…!
- September 25, 2019 at 8:41 am #226912
- September 24, 2019 at 4:23 pm #226739HelenRegistered On: December 11, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 3Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 14 times
So far I’ve been a 20’s flapper. First time in public with my late wife. I’ve also been Snow White, a French Maid and a 70’s Disco Queen. So I think I’m ready to go the hooker route this year.
- September 24, 2019 at 4:07 pm #226734Jasmine AndrewsLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 80Has thanked: 22 timesBeen thanked: 256 times
Not that I think I could pull it off, but all things being equal and the stars aligning perfectly, 1950’s glamour model Bettie Page would be my inspiration… or if it wasn’t that kind of party, Carol Burnett’s secretary character, was it Miss Potts?
- September 23, 2019 at 11:06 pm #226444Camryn OccasionnelDuchessRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 648Has thanked: 1421 timesBeen thanked: 1702 times
Okay, call me crazy, but here’s my idea. (And remember, this is a fantasy, right?) I see you’ve got “Ballerina” as a choice. I’d like to find a few CDH recruits to get together and go as “Les Ballets Trocadero de Monte Carlo.”
We wouldn’t have to wear heels, but pointe shoes instead. And we wouldn’t go flat-chested, either, we’d be well-endowed Trocaderos. We’d have our makeup done for us in the best ballet tradition. And our tutus would be exquisitely feminine, more so than the Trocks. Oh, my, I can just feel those ballet tights caressing my legs right now!
I just hope no one asks us to actually dance, but we’ll get in some barre work before we arrive, just in case!
- October 7, 2019 at 7:34 pm #232484RosiebethRegistered On: October 3, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 145Has thanked: 500 timesBeen thanked: 974 times
- September 26, 2019 at 4:46 am #227291Autumn ValiantDuchessRegistered On: July 14, 2019Topics: 50Replies: 1233Has thanked: 21463 timesBeen thanked: 3762 times
- September 25, 2019 at 3:11 pm #227132Stephanie AstonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: May 31, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 98Has thanked: 631 timesBeen thanked: 490 times
- September 23, 2019 at 4:05 pm #226312Gigi MathewsLadyRegistered On: July 16, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 288Has thanked: 698 timesBeen thanked: 735 times
- September 23, 2019 at 4:48 pm #226332Melissa DavisBaronessRegistered On: September 4, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 60Has thanked: 643 timesBeen thanked: 145 times
I think this group is on to something, though I would expand the definition a bit. Imagine the 1950s working girl or professional. Shapewear was a must. The knee-length skirt flared and moved. The top outlined the figure. Grooming was immaculate. That was the essence of femininity in that era — on the street, in ads and fashion magazines, in movies.
- September 24, 2019 at 5:37 am #226483
- September 23, 2019 at 2:13 pm #226219Vicki SmytheLadyRegistered On: September 6, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 92Has thanked: 68 timesBeen thanked: 327 times
- September 23, 2019 at 12:24 pm #226183BaronessRegistered On: September 4, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 60Has thanked: 643 timesBeen thanked: 145 times
Cruella DeVil is a choice many might consider. The costume requires some effort but the makeup is fairly simple and fun because it is so unrealistic: green eyeshadow up to the eyebrows, with black eyebrows painted above. You can find a lot of help on YouTube. Last Halloween I wore it to a nearby upscale mall, where many female employees and some customers were making at least some gesture toward costume. I strutted around like the Disney character, waving to people and admiring the costumes of young kids, most of whom had no idea of who Cruella is. Adults always recognized me, of course. I was asked to pose for a selfie. I didn’t say much, though I had to try to say something in a Cruella-like voice when complimented. One young woman said, “You look amazing!” Others just said “Hello Cruella.” On my way out a man said, “Good night, Cruella, darlin’.” I can’t say whether I was seen as a woman, a transwoman or an actor. On Halloween it doesn’t make much difference.
The Cruella wig, long cigarette holder and long shiny red gloves are inexpensive online. You don’t need to duplicate the costume as long as you have some red and black, preferably with red shoes. I wore a long black fake fur coat, a black velveteen skirt and satiny red shirt. Bright red lipstick and showy jewelry enhance the effect.
- September 23, 2019 at 3:57 am #225989Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1842Has thanked: 1432 timesBeen thanked: 5485 times
- September 23, 2019 at 3:26 pm #226280AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Elvira is a CD’s dream character; and who wouldn’t want to look like Daisy Duke? Only the younger among us could carry it off, though. Maybe go as Dolly Parton?
- September 22, 2019 at 9:09 pm #225956Falecia McGuireLadyRegistered On: January 11, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 190Has thanked: 333 timesBeen thanked: 1114 times
I was not surprised that 50s housewife got so many votes. For many of us, at our age, that slender-waisted, shirtdress look with high heeled pumps like Harriet Nelson or June Cleaver was our first real turn-on. I’ll have to look through some of my older folders where I kind of played with that look. It was super feminine in a more subtle way that the form hugging mini skirts that I loved wearing when I first dressed up. You could get by with a lot of androgyny, but if you did that 50s housewife, they’d know it was about femininity, not overt sexuality. Just sayin’
- September 22, 2019 at 6:54 pm #225933
- September 22, 2019 at 6:19 pm #225918AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I always loved Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, always wanted to be her. So my Haloween fantasy would be to go as Wonder Woman. I am excited just thinking about it!
- September 22, 2019 at 4:46 pm #225889AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
My first thought was Easter Bunny, because I already have the costume; but then I saw Roaring 20s Flapper and that settled it. I have always thought of myself as “The Last Jazz Baby”, and I love the clothes, the music, the Tommy Guns….and I used to do a hot Charleston; but my balance isn’t what it used to be. Too bad.
- September 22, 2019 at 3:25 pm #225865AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Hey Gaby. French Maid is my backup to what I’m planning. Going as a “Disney Princess”. Want it perfect – inside and out. It’s the heels that I cannot find. Glass slippers looked very kitch. I look everyday. The French maid is ready to go – have had a few practice runs! Hah!
- September 22, 2019 at 2:51 pm #225847AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- September 23, 2019 at 7:41 am #226054Michelle LaFemLadyRegistered On: June 21, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 23Has thanked: 91 timesBeen thanked: 93 times
- September 28, 2019 at 11:43 pm #228506
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.