Viewing 35 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi honeys…..

I just love black and white movies…but my goodness, didn’t they like a smoke!!!…hardly a scene without the whole cast lost in a ” fog “….okay my point…

Do you smoke??, have you ever??…maybe you just smoke as the girl??…or the boy!!!…it was once described as sexy….what do you think now???

Time for honesty….I have really never even had a single puff, ever….

It’s something that my mum and dad did, my brother does…and it turned me right off!!!

I must admit, I sure have done my share of “passive smoking”…

before it was virtually outlawed indoors….everywhere I went was a nightmare if you didn’t smoke……and it’s nice to look across a pub ..and actually see people…haha..I remember watching films through a blue fog at the cinema.

Nicotine gum!!!…is it as lousy as I have been told???…

Okay…time for the joke….

dont put nicotine patches on your arm….put them over your eyes…then you cannot find your fags…..result!!!!

So….smoke or no smoke…I really won’t love you any less whatever…I’m just hunting opinions….

Grace 💓💓

I think a woman smoking is very unladylike. My parents never smoked, but my Grandmother, Aunts and Cousins smoked. I personally never took it up. Even if I was totally en fem you wouldn’t see a cigarette in my hand. For me ladies smoking is a no brainier.
      Liz

Anonymous

Thanks Elizabeth…

the fact is…in the movies decades ago….it was considered sexy….apparently some stars had to take up smoking …..to get the part!!

I understand what you’re saying Grace, my Grandmother, Aunts, Cousins and Sister use to as we say “Smoke like a train”. This is a reference to steam trains. Funny enough even though she didn’t smoke mum died of lung cancer.

Anonymous
      Lady

Good for you Grace. You didn’t miss anything.

Yep I smoked for decades and only gave the addictive killers up about 20 years ago. Nicotine is as addictive as hell and back in my day I could smoke anywhere I wanted and no one complained because they were smoking too. Never tried the patch or other methods of getting nicotine but simply one day decided I hated them so much I just stopped. I had tried to quit several times before. It was tough for a while. It took about 3 years until I began to stop wanting a damn cigarette and even had to stop drinking beer because the association with a cig was just too strong. Talk about triggering, I could see someone light up a cig and instantly want one too. I never could really understand why ex smokers were so against smoking until I quit… it STINKS!

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Grace ,

I don´t smoke , never have , never tried it either.

Very few people in my enviroment smoke , and I am happy with that !

Love Sylvia.

Barb Wire
      Lady

I only smoke with Cleopatra (see below).

Well… it was practically a requirement in the army.

I can turn it on and off at will. Lucky Strike me.

I’ve gone months, even years without a puff.

WARNING! Once a smoker, always a smoker!

To this day, I love the smell of cigarettes!

Bette Davis! Such lovely eyes!

🚬👁👁 Barb

Anonymous

Barb… seriously….

This is urgent, but I don’t want everyone to know so I will whisper it….

( Whisper mode….don’t worry, no one else can read this. i hear you want to upgrade your account….did you know there is a ” Queen ” status….??…just send 500 dollars to Grace Scarlett c/o cdh….and I will call you ” your majesty” every day …..promise!!!😂😂😂) love you xxxx

Barb Wire
          Lady

Love y’all too!!

❤️😊 Barb

I kicked the ciggies after decades of trying again and again thanks to vape.

Giving up the vape means giving up the nicotine, and, since it’s that which kept me hooked on cigarettes, I don’t see it happening soon.

At least vape is a huuuuge amount safer than either cigarettes or car exhaust fumes – and it’s a good thing nicotine isn’t toxic, or we’d all have to give up tomatoes, aubergine, peppers and potatoes.

So I am happy with my vape pens in keeping me off the cancer sticks, but don’t recommend them to anyone not trying to give up the coffin nails.

Love Laura

I tried the e-cigs and vape. Just didn’t work for me.

Beth

I had to try a number of times with different products and vape configurations until I found one that I felt comfortable with.

To start with, I got a battery which had adjustable voltage, to get the right about of vapour.

Then I had to experiment with different brands and flavours – fortunately I found a nice brand which is made from locally grown tomatoes. It’s 100% not a tobacco product!

I discovered that the highest strength (18mg) was actually a bit strong for me, and the highest temperatures made me cough.

I really didn’t like tobacco flavour, so I switched to sherbet lemon, which has a nice “hit”.

The voltage was turned down, and I started to enjoy the flavour.

At this time, I was alternating vape with a cigarette. At first, I could hardly wait for the cigarette, but soon I was able to have 2, 3, 4 vapes in succession.

Soon, I actually didn’t want the cigarette at all.

My sense of smell and taste returned, and I have thrown away most of the clothing I wore as a smoker – can’t stand the burning smell any more.

I prefer cherry or pear drop flavour now, and am trying to get down to 6mg nicotine.

I understand, it’s different for everyone.

My father simply quit, and spent quite a few decades rubbing it in – “If I can do it, so can anyone”.

BS

We’re all different!

I do hope you keep trying with the vapes, dear – you will notice the benefits.

Love Laura

Anonymous

Thanks Laura ..that made me smile…my dad called them ” coffin nails “….xx

I took up smoking in the army, as was said earlier, back in the day smoking and military service went hand in hand. On a 10 mile march a break would happen and the sergeant would announce, “Smoke ’em if you got ’em.” Also the field ration packs (called C rats) would always have a small pack of 4 cigs in them. These became trading money for upgrading to better food, a different brand of cig or gambling money. Even back on base cigs were significantly cheaper than on the civilian market. And so the habit was born endorsed by military policy.

Back in civilian life quitting was difficult, as you pointed out it was the way of life for everyone. You weren’t cool unless you smoked. Think of the “Grease” style teenage tough guy with a pack of Marlboro’s in his rolled up white t-shirt sleeve. (I used that as a Halloween costume a couple times.)

Smoking for me also became a stress relief. I had quit for awhile when my children were young but the stress of divorce and finances drove me to pick up a pack again. (Yeah, that was real smart. I’m broke and I start smoking again!) You also mentioned the cloud in the bar, pub or other establishment. It, and the connection with alcohol, triggers the urge to light up.

The modern laws and opinions have actually helped me reduce my smoking significantly. From the peak of 1 1/2 packs a day to about 5 cigs per day. The fact that smoking can only take place outdoors is a deterrent to chain smoking. I think the day of ending it may come some day now. Some have said it was easy for them, I envy them. For most it is both a chemically addictive habit and a mentally emotional habit. It takes great willpower to succeed. (Patches and gum are just a substitute, not a solution. Lots of sunflower seeds seems to work, it keeps your hands and mouth busy.)

Your original opening remarks about movies and smoking bring up another point. The cigarette companies paid for their cigarettes to be seen prominently and frequently. The start of product placement that the movie industry depends on for financing. However with the change in public attitude smoking is now used in movies to portray a negative perception of a character.

Ah, smoking….. Sir Walter Raleigh should be an evil name to us all. Shame on you sir, look what you have done!

💨😐

Beth

Stephanie
        Lady

Sir Walter Raleigh…what about those dang camel we ride

Anonymous

but he did “invent” potatoes!!…I do love a good chip ..haha x

Anonymous

Beth…if you can’t kick it, surely cutting down is the next best thing….xx

I remember a story of the widow of the ” Marlborough cowboy ” suing the company????

HI Grace,For this girl its no smoke,never started,never wanted to start.In the Army we got cigs in our c rations.At times I was the platoon store and trader king,especially after a firefight and before a heavy mission.Its a wonder what can be traded for some cigs up to and including some alcholic beverages<strictly medicinal mind you>.I can remember the big family dinners with all my aunts and uncles and cousins and after dinner this massive ,stinky blue fog would cover the house.No maam,not for this girl.Most of my relatives have died because of COPD or lung cancer.The movies made it glamourous and sexy and Phillip Morris was made wealthy.

Anonymous

Grace use to smoke about 5 years ago today think they nasty and certainly not lady like. This girl is fixing to be rebirthed sometime tomorow afternoon. New life New beginning.  Best thing is never start.

Donna

Angela Booth
      Hostess

For about 40 years I smoked. After 30 dd years I had a fitness kick and ran half marathons, lighting up after each run. I had a physically demanding job and still I lit up. I gave up drinking but not the ciggies. I did try all sorts of ways to stop until one day, nearly two years ago, I finished off the last one and said enough was enough. It couldn’t have been the least stressful time to do it, right at the start of the Covid pandemic.

I went cold Turkey and got sick of eating it so found solace in the vape. It wasn’t easy and was an addict to nicotine. I am happy I did it as there isn’t that ‘smell’ around me or my lovely dresses. I haven’t got that hack that smokers have so all is good and, as I am on a reduced income, I am saving a few pennies and am aghast at the price of a pack of cigarettes now. 

So in answer to those who have said could you give up smoking and drinking the answer is a resounding ‘Yes’. To those who ask if I could give up dressing, the answer is an emphatic ‘No’

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Congratulations on quitting Angela!!  Good for you, I’m going thru the process myself.  It is absolutely criminal how much tax the government puts in cigarettes.  I would not blame anyone for buying them black market with the price the feds charge.  Absolutely criminal…

Stevie

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I am assuming you are referring to tobacco, Grace, since cannibas is now legal to smoke in Canada  ( not sure of the laws in the U.K.).

Odd question, but I started smoking the same time I started drinking – my late teens when I joined the Armed Forces.  So I blame the gov’t!

Stevie

Anonymous

Stevie….blaming the government in the u.k. for everything….is totally legal 😂 xx

Anonymous

Smoked….. Once! Smoked a whole pack of Winstons when I was 13 in My bathroom, One after another.. What a Mistake!! I could not leave the bathroom for a couple more hours.. Acute Nicotine Sickness and you don’t want that twice!! Never Smoked again!! Saved Me a Fortune!!Lol!

Stephanie
        Lady

Wow that didn’t work for me. Neither did soap, tobacco sauce, raw onion (just a different flavored apple) or cigars…started when I was 6 so 56 yrs of smoking.

Anonymous

Sounds Like you tried Stephanie… Cigars did the same thing to me!! Good Luck if you are still trying!!

Anonymous

Jill….I have a friend who in desperation, thought it a good idea to put several nicotine patches on each arm….she was quite ill……I guess she suffered the same sickness…x

Anonymous

Ohhh…That was a Bad Idea….It’s Awful, I can still feel that first wave, it comes over you like you are in a sauna, from you’re head down to you’re toes…Then the Fun begins!!!….. But I hope She was able to quit!! XoXo  Jill

Krista
      Duchess

Good Afternoon Grace, I’m in the same exact situation as you my Dear, I never puffed a cigarette in my life.  My parents both smoked – a lot (and both died from cancer) – so I had a great deal of second hand smoke as a youngster. It is so gross.  I also never dated a woman who smoked – that is a major turnoff for me.

I had a female staff member who smoked and tried to cover up the smell of cigarette smoke on her clothes by dousing herself in perfume.  OMG, that was the worse smell ever – the stale cigarette smell still got through the perfume and the latter was so overwhelming that I could never get within 2 metres of her – gee isn’t that the social distancing for covid?

I have very few friends that smoke and those that do are always sick and look way older than their actual age.  My friend who died last week was a heavy smoker and she had COPD plus other nasty things and died from cancer.

One of the activities I do part-time is review films for a film festival.  If the film has too much unnecessary smoking (especially long close ups) that film gets a thumbs down from me.  Last week, I watched a film where a guy kept butting out his cigarettes in sunny side up egg yolks – I almost puked watching it, so that film got the old heave ho rather quickly.

I’m so happy that my kids don’t smoke.  One of our successful parenting moments.

But I guess everyone does something that is annoying. If you came into our house, you wouldn’t smell any cigarette smoke, but you may smell wet dog.  It’s been snowing all day and Sandy and I have been on two walks, both times she got a bit damp.  So someone sensitive to that smell would be grossed out and I don’t notice it at all. I’ll make supper quick so that smell will be covered up by the wonderful aroma of mushrooms and onions sautéing in garlic. Yum.

All the best, Have a most lovely week.  Hugs Krista.

Anonymous

Hi Krista….

I’m thinking that having kids that are not smokers is quite an achievement…

nicotine or wet dog???….the jury’s out on that one….personally, I’d take the dog……haha

Huggs to you both x

Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

I used to smoke when I was younger. I quit back in 1998, and it was the best decision I’ve ever made!!!! Now I can’t stand the smell of the smoke, or what a person or place smells like after smoking. Cannabis is a different story. I’ve found it really helps with PTSD and anxiety.

Anonymous

Mia….well done girl!!!…and think how much money you have saved in over twenty years??? x

Anonymous

Hi Grace, I’ve tried it twice the first time was when i was about 8 years old , me and a friend had a 5 pack of untipped park drive ciggies back in the 60’s you could buy cigarettes in packs of 5 , well we had 2 and a half each and smoked them all, i turned slightly green and threw up i went home and said to my mom i don’t feel well so she put me to bed told me she would send my dad in when he got home from work, he came in took one look at me and said you’ve been smoking haven’t you i said yes he then said you won’t do it again will you and i said no so he said we will just leave it at that, the second time was when i was 15 and still at school 1 of the other kids in the playground at dinner time said here have a smoke of this it will make you a man i took 2 puff’s of it and threw up again so that was me done with cigarettes,

Huggs Roz X

Anonymous

Roz….glad you threw up in the playground….who wants to be made into a man???..😂😂

Anonymous

Hi Grace I’m not sure if i want to be a man , I’m happy being what i am, being a girl is a lot more fun,

I’m glad i don’t smoke it’s terrible smelling like an ash tray, I’d rather put some nice smelling scent on ,

Huggs Roz X

Anonymous

Hi Grace,

I’ve never smoked. It never made sense to me, to shred some weeds, roll it up, light it on fire then inhale the smoke. I mean ….. who thinks of things like this? Really, what genius thought this was a good idea?

Not only that but my cross country coach threatened to expel anyone he caught smoking and my father said he’d break my wrist. I believed both of them.

Hugs, Jillian

P.S. never tried those “other” cigarettes either. Largely because I discovered beer when I was 13. J.

Anonymous

Jillian…when you describe smoking step by step….it is odd isn’t it….

“Yep, then you roll it in paper, put it on your mouth and what”!!!!!

Haha xx

Hi Grace!

Both my parents smoked. As a kind and supportive child, I felt it necessary to bury the packs and cartons of cigarettes in the back yard. I think I was about 7. My dad’s belt cured me of that behaviour.

At about 10 years of age my mom started sending me to the local candy shop to get her cigarettes for her. Dad would be at work with the one family car. I had a bicycle and wasn’t afraid to ride it anywhere. She bribed me with candy money. This continued occasionally to the point where I didn’t need the note anymore.

In the 9th grade I started dating a girl who smoked. She wasn’t my first girlfriend but the first one that smoked. Naturally I had to smoke too to be “cool” enough to hang with her. That was in my own mind and I don’t think she cared either way. We broke up after a few weeks and the open pack that I had left over stayed hidden in my closet for about 3 months. One day I took the stale pack into the woods, smoked one, got a little dizzy and coughed my head off and threw the rest out.

In college I started smoking weed and drinking heavily. Towards the end of freshman year, my roommate and I started having just a few cigarettes when we were drinking. By the time I went home for summer I was hooked.

I smoke from 19 to age 49. There were a few times I quit. Twice for over a year. When I was flat broke, there was always money for cigarettes some how. Bills could get paid late and I wouldn’t care. I needed something from those butts. I was not a very happy person during much of that time, and sometimes I felt like the cigarettes were the only friends I had.

I quit at 49 when I started dating my current wife. It has been nearly 6 years now. Quitting smoking has never been easy for me. I know one thing for sure that currently keeps me from smoking again…. If I smoke just one cigarette, I will be smoking two packs a day immediately.

Hugs,

Autumn

Anonymous

Thanks Autumn….keep fighting the good fight…..

interesting thought…..so you can be bribed with candy money can you???…haha.

Huggs, grace xx

I am not 12 anymore….. but I still have a sweet tooth 😉

Anonymous

Hi Grace,

Hot – moi? But smokin’ – yes. In this day and age I acknowledge its status, or lack of it, and don’t smoke in front of non smokers unless I know they’re OK about it.

On the plus side, I do very little fast food, so my reduced life expectancy gets a little boost – I hope!

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Marti…I agree about fast food….for me it’s a treat every so often, not a daily intake xx

Anonymous

We gave up about 3 years back. I switched from roll-ups to a refillable vape, then just reduced the nicotine level every time I topped it up. After a while, I just stopped, no cravings. The Missus went cold turkey from the start – she always takes the difficult route.

I reckon we’ve saved £1000’s, never mind the health benefits.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

Well done both of you !!!

my dad developed health worries and it scared him…he stopped smoking literally over night….and never touched them again…I always admired him for that because it was so tough ( no patches or anything else….just willpower ).    xx

Hi Grace, Film Noir movies in B&W are a fav! The femme fatales and their glam doos & dresses just make me feel so envious! Tobacco has never been attractive to me…so no to smoking it. Time for honesty…I do like a 420 toke now and again…makes me a silly bimbo girl….and I like that. Giggles.

Anonymous

How about….

A femme fatale silly bimbo…haha x

Oh Grace, I would check that box! Totes bimbo when I’m stoned, sometimes when I’m not too!!! LOL!!!!!

I have an interesting history with smoking.

The first time I tried it was in 5th grade.  I was a literal kid but my best friend was the stereotypical bad influence.  So I smoked cigarettes.  Menthols mostly (I know, ewww!).  For about a week.  Before I figured out it was stupid and I wasn’t enjoying it.

Fast forward years later and my best friend of a decade or so introduced me to cigars.  Completely different experience, though.  Shortly thereafter the same friend introduced me to pipe smoking.  Again, completely different and enjoyable.  There’s just so much garbage that goes into cigarettes that I think it soured the experience for me.  Well that and my dad’s chain smoking being an object lesson.

Another decade or so down the line I hooked up with a tabletop group that slowly but surely (as the laws changed here in California; I’m kind of a stickler for the law) introduced me to pot.  A different experience, but again enjoyable.

I should state flat-out that I don’t really have an addictive personality (with a possible exception for crossdressing) and these are all substances I enjoy in extreme moderation, occasionally.  I do not recommend partaking if you do have an addictive personality, and in all cases acknowledge that even in moderation it’s not the best thing to be putting in your body.  That said, we as a culture need to lighten up a bit about it, my two cents.

Yes and yes. 🙂 I’m a menthol girl. I also enjoy my cannabis – probably more than cigarettes.

The more sinister side of seeing cigarettes in movies is the influence of the generation to pick up. Studios were rewarded handsomely for encouraging actors to smoke during scenes by that industry.

Anonymous

Hi Dani….

If that’s what floats your boat…..float on baby, however high !!!..xx

Nope, don’t smoke, never have. Like you Grace, my parents smoked, even at the kitchen table where we all ate. Also like you, it turned me off. Later, in the RN, most people smoked & the messdeck was a real stinky place. My bunk (being the tall one) was at the top & under certain conditions, the deckhead ran with brown condensation which dripped onto my bedding. YUCK!! Now in my 70s, I still don’t smoke, my younger brother did and is now paying the price with bits of his lungs cut out & cancer metastasising (sp) elsewhere. My late wife smoked all her life and passed 5 years ago after battling lung cancer for 2 years.

Anonymous

Thanks Michaela…I’m sorry about your brother and your wife. x

That whole brown running condensation ” thing”….oh my god, that’s so gross…

Anonymous

Het Grace, ex-smoker here, it’s been 12+ years for me now and I can’t even stand the smell any more, literally makes me sick. Tried for years to quit, I tried patches, pills, acupuncture, no luck. I finally psyched myself up that I didn’t want to  smoke anymore and a lady told me before I quit the last pack you buy find a really disgusting brand and smoke them all. It will be the last taste of a smoke you remember. It really helped plus I had it in my head I wanted to quit, if you haven’t got it in your head, don’t bother your wasting your time and your just going to aggravate yourself and those around you.

Heather the huge hypocrite ex-smoker. Filthy disgusting habit, should be banned from the planet. lol

Anonymous

A few girls have said smoking a whole pack one after the other finished their craving….

12 plus years ….well done you x

Hi Grace , born an asmatic and still am neither my wife or i have ever smoked .Our girls smoke my 2 brothers smoke my little sister smokes ,but me and my big sister  have never puffed a cigarette, It’s ironic that it’s us two who have cancer and everyone else seems well. Pyxx.

Anonymous

Oh My…how ironic and how sad….I’m sorry for you both.

It just proves the big ” c ” has no respect for anyone….it will push in wherever it can…..nobody is safe.

Huggs, grace xx

Will know the score on the 22nd, keep up the good work.Pyxx.

Anonymous

All the love…and best wishes Py…xx

Elaine
      Duchess

I am a lifelong non-violent non-smoker.  I don’t care if you do – just not around me.

Hi Grace ,

I cant stand smoking,I think its a nasty disgusting habit.

as you have said I grew up around smoking parents but I never could stand it or being around it.

Unfortunitly also  my wife is a devout smoker,Its funny I swore I would never date anyone that smoked but I ended up marrying one.

Thats because she is a Keeper.LOL

I love her very much but Ugggh I hate her smoking.

Hugs Patty

Anonymous

Hello Patty…hope you are well.💓

We ALL have our faults…..If you love her and she’s a keeper 😂….enough said xx

Lynda Jones
        Baroness - Annual

As an  X smoker could not handle being around smokers.

I smoked from 86 to 96, quit one day out of the blue, and have never wanted one since. I really hate the smell. Never tried one of those left handed cigarettes, but I smell them all the time these days and I don’t like that smell either.

Bridgette

Anonymous

That’s curious..after ten years, then bang!! no more….well done.

love the ” left handed ” quote…

haha…

It was really weird. I was at quirk, went outside to smoke, got about half way through it, looked at it like I was surprised it was there, said to myself “I don’t need this shit anymore” threw it into the bin, went back inside and tossed the rest of the pack to a mate and never looked back.

Bridgette

Anonymous

Hi Grace

I have never ever smoked and never been interested, for me it is unsociable. Two things that stick in my mind back in the seventies there was an advert about teeth, there was a beautiful woman smoking the voice over said do think she’s nice it would like kissing a full ash tray. The other one is me if anyone asks do you mind if I smoke, I always reply you can burst into flames for all I care.

Love Sarah

xx

Anonymous

Sarah …did you ever see the scene in ” carry on screaming ” when Fenella Fielding asks…do you mind if I smoke??….then her whole body just …smokes!!😂😂

Anonymous

I remember it well it also had peter butterworth strapped in a tight corset, loved the film.

My mom smoked, and I suspect it caused a lot of the problems I have now.  At age 7, I had an asthma attack.  At the time they didn’t even have albuterol or other vasodilators.  I was basically left in an oxygen tent in the hospital.  Now my lung capacity is about 50% of what it should be.  I won’t walk into a casino because of the residual smoke.

At my Bar Mitzvah at age 13, the custom was to take a gag photo, lying down (apparently drunk) in my sister’s lap, towel across my forehead, with a half a bottle of liquor nearby and a cigarette (unlit) in my mouth (with my brothers sticking matches in the shoe supposedly trying to light it).  A sign said “Today I am a man.”  I didn’t want to take the picture, I couldn’t even stand the taste of the unlit cigarette.  I was kind of forced into it (oh, you’ll think it’s funny later).  More than 50 years later, I still hate it. People think they know what you want better than you do.

Long winded answer, but the answer is absolutely not!

P.S. If someone says I’m hot, you should probably give me 2 Tylenol tablets and send me to bed.

My mother smoked, and alas, it was the death of her.  If ever I had started smoking, what she went through would have been enough to make me quit cold turkey. Fortunately, I never picked up the habit because I grew up around constant second-hand smoke and didn’t see the appeal. I certainly didn’t find it sexy.

The weird thing is, the smell of cigarette smoke deeply embedded in furniture and carpets and clothes is an odor that makes me nostalgic for my childhood home.  When I was a kid, I never understood why our home had that particular smell and no one else’s home did.  Whenever I catch a whiff of that scent somewhere nowadays, at an old bar, or when opening up a used book that was previously owned by a smoker, I’m transported right back to my childhood.

I never smoked but as a child of eisenhower (born in the 50’s) I remember the comercials! Especially ->

So round
      So firm
      So fully packed
      So free and easy on the draw

All i could think of was
      Uh, you are talking about a cigarette, right?

I’d walk a mile for a camel.
      I’d rather fight than switch!
      Get happy go lucky!
      And, of course,
      Show us your lark!

Like i said, i never smoked but i do love the smell of good pipe tobacco or good cigars. Can’t explain it but there you go.

Thanks for asking.
      -Joanne

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

Never smoked and never felt the need. Watching the “cool” class mates outside in the cold smoking was never attracting to me and today I’m happy I never started since it’s so much simpler to stop then:)

A friend who did smoke for some decades did stop more or less cold turkey. He was in a remote location and had only one single cigarette left so he decided “I don’t smoke it now, I do it when I really need it” and now several years later that last one is still unsmoked.

/kt

Anonymous

Hi Kelly, thanks for your reply.

I do smile when I see people ” cowering ” outside in freezing or wet weather, getting their ” fix “….but so many say…me??? I’m not addicted….I just love smoking…yeah, right!!! 🤣🤣

I smoked cigarettes from my late teens to my early 30’s.  Went through a very bad case of pneumonia, that ended the ciggys and the cravings.

I have, and still partake of left handed herbal blends since my teens.  Not on a daily basis or even once week, just when the mood strikes.

One of my good gentleman friends smokes a pipe and I do enjoy how that smells, really kind of manly sexy.

PaulaF

What did the big chimney say to the little chimney?

Your’e too young to smoke

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

[quote quote=577996]Went through a very bad case of pneumonia, that ended the ciggys and the cravings.[/quote]
      Somewhat like why my mother (who did smoke even while carrying me) stopped smoking. The doctor gave her a simple choice, stop smoking or stop breathing.

/kt

Anonymous
      Lady

Keep trying Holly… its not easy… you can do it but you have to HATE the things and be determined to get it out of your life. Not to mention your health and better breathing but food will taste better and you will smell things like never before plus all your clothes will be fresh and you will save a ton of money you can spend on clothes… win win!

Anonymous

Holly…

you smoke…that’s fine.  It’s your choice and I respect that….now please could you face the other way for a minute…

No, holly….that’s cheating, I said look away !!!

SISSY…..PUT THE FAGS IN THE BROILLER……GOOD DOG…XXX

my job is done…huggs, grace xxx

Anonymous

Sis stopping now or cutting back will help with the HRT once start same for anything with caffine in it.

Donna

Anonymous

Bobbisue….there is a certain irony in the fact non smokers die from lung cancer ..it does happen. Whether it’s down to passive smoking or just in the genes…who knows??….I do know that before the indoor smoking ban ..everywhere you went you were inveloped in clouds of smoke…..

Huggs, grace x

Anonymous

Dear ” Hotlips”.

I’m glad you don’t smoke….no naked flames in all those woods you inhabit……huggs xx

There was an Applebees restaurant in Minnesota that had air purifiers installed well before the indoor smoking ban came about. The place was clean and very nice no mater how busy it was. Then came the state mandated indoor smoking ban. Applebees fought the ban and hired an air quality engineer to measure the air. The air inside the restaurant was cleaner than the air in the parking lot. The state wouldn’t back down, “Nope,  it’s the law.”

💨😟

Beth

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?