- Put my arms through the straps and hook it behind me
- Turn it around and hook the hooks/clasp first and then turn it around
- Get my wife, girlfriend, SO, boyfriend, to help hook my bra
- August 15, 2022 at 9:11 am #670207Holly MorrisParticipantRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 63Replies: 149Has thanked: 1863 timesBeen thanked: 1632 times
Bras. We all love them and we especially love wearing them! I think this is because a bra is the one item of lingerie that really doesn’t have a male analog at all, it’s something that only women need, so by us wearing our bras we’re showing the world just how much we really love embracing our femininity!
But putting on our bra can sometimes be a challenge…
There are two basic methods that I know of. The first is to put your arms through the straps and pull the bra up to your chest, where you then reach behind you and hook the hooks into the clasps. This is easier when you attach your breast forms to your chest so that they help hold the bra cups in place, like a real woman does. The other main way is to turn the bra around so that the hooks and clasps are in front of you, where you can hook them closed and then turn the bra back around and the put your arms through the straps.
So of course, that got me to wondering…
How do you put on your bra?
For me, I’d say nine times out of ten I turn it around and then hook the clasps in front. The tenth time is when I attach my breast forms to my chest, so then I put on my bra the other way and reach behind me to hook it. Of course, if you have someone else to help you dress, then I guess they could also hook you up! 😉
Anyway, how do you put on your bra?
- September 6, 2022 at 2:02 am #674862Kris BurtonLadyRegistered On: August 6, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 62Has thanked: 147 timesBeen thanked: 270 times
Like many others here, I am a spinner too. If I am using a pocket bra , I fasten the bra in the reverse position, spin forward, insert your forms and then pull up. If I am using the regular sort, I fasten, spin, pull up and then insert the forms.
- August 23, 2022 at 1:56 pm #672038Petra YLadyRegistered On: September 14, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 16Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 44 times
Most of my bras are front clasp types. I can fill the cups or not before i do them up . They seem to fit me better as well. The back clasp ones i have i do the spin thing. I do not have a problem undoing the back hook bras.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- August 16, 2022 at 11:15 pm #670593Michelle BaileyLadyRegistered On: July 17, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 188Has thanked: 8680 timesBeen thanked: 886 times
Hi Holly I always put arms though straps and do up at the back .when i first starting wearing a bra it would ride up (nothing at the front to stop it ,if you know what i mean )now that i do have some ‘breasts ‘my bras will stay put until i have done up the clasps ,then time to make final adjustments .
The only bras i have to do up at the front and spin are my longline bras ,haven’t mastered them yet ,the other thing i do or need to do at certain is to remove my bras without removing outer clothing ,mastered this but only when wearing short sleeves or loose sleeves . Michelle xx
- August 16, 2022 at 9:40 am #670425Genivieve BujoldLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 3Replies: 108Has thanked: 186 timesBeen thanked: 444 times
- August 16, 2022 at 9:31 am #670421
- August 16, 2022 at 6:59 am #670380Sharon LeysLadyRegistered On: January 27, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 16Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 76 times
- August 16, 2022 at 5:58 am #670360Hilda BeaumontDuchessRegistered On: March 14, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 219Has thanked: 549 timesBeen thanked: 831 times
I put my arms through and then hook up at the back. Found this really difficult to begin with but practice makes perfect and it’s second nature now. What is wonderful is the moment when I slide in the inserts andI feel the straps tighten with their weight. I remember reading somewhere that this feels like being hugged. Couldn’t agree more. And just a great way to start the day.
Love to all my sisters
- August 15, 2022 at 8:20 pm #670311ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 602Has thanked: 2215 timesBeen thanked: 2812 times
- August 15, 2022 at 6:23 pm #670295
- August 15, 2022 at 5:27 pm #670288Davina EvansLadyRegistered On: March 23, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 102Has thanked: 50 timesBeen thanked: 319 times
- August 15, 2022 at 2:10 pm #670265AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I fasten it behind me and it’s now second nature to do it that way, though it took a lot of practice to get there – especially as I wear a longline bra. In the early days it used to drive me nuts if I got the hook/clasp pairs mismatched.
- August 15, 2022 at 2:08 pm #670263Trish WhiteBaronessRegistered On: December 2, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 357Has thanked: 1654 timesBeen thanked: 1344 times
I’ve most often put my arms through the straps and hook it from behind. Once you’ve done it for a while it actually becomes easy. Honestly Holly, do you lie awake at nights dreaming up these forums? It amazes me what you come up with.
- August 15, 2022 at 3:41 pm #670279Holly MorrisLadyRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 63Replies: 149Has thanked: 1863 timesBeen thanked: 1632 times
And yes, I actually sometimes do lie awake and think of new polls, because it’s always just so fascinating to me all the various things that we as transwomen have to deal with, so sharing our thoughts about them is beneficial (I hope) to all of us! 🙂
- August 15, 2022 at 1:13 pm #670245GwynethLadyRegistered On: January 21, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 328Has thanked: 2027 timesBeen thanked: 1165 times
First and foremost, I’m the guy that’s had an incredibly hard time removing a bra during the fast paced act of sex! It should be easier!
I had to answer as a spinner. Because now I’ve tried hooking it in the back, but I’m not flexible enough to pull that off. Hey… whatever works, right? OHHH how I would love some help!
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Gwyneth.
- August 15, 2022 at 12:37 pm #670242KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 738Has thanked: 3361 timesBeen thanked: 3639 times
First, I hook the clasps behind my back – it is super easy when you understand the engineering of the hook and clasp structure. Then I raise the cups up to my breasts and put my arms through the straps. This is sort of a modified version of your first option. I always like to be somewhat different, well it works for me anyway.
- August 15, 2022 at 12:15 pm #670240Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 1066Has thanked: 23573 timesBeen thanked: 3772 times
I’m a spinner too, although I did force myself to hook it by reaching behind recently. I think I will keep practicing that until it becomes normal. I also have a bra with a clasp in front, maybe that’s cheating…
- August 15, 2022 at 12:13 pm #670239Greta La FolleLadyRegistered On: August 6, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 182Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 581 times
- August 15, 2022 at 11:10 am #670230Rozalyn RichardsLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 180Has thanked: 185 timesBeen thanked: 646 times
I’m a spinner i fasten the clasp at the front and then spin it round, but I’ve found that when i take it off i can undo it from behind by putting my arms behind my back and unhooking it with my fingers, I shall have to practice hooking it from behind, i should imagine it takes a lot of practice,
Hugs Rozalyn X
- August 16, 2022 at 6:17 am #670366
- August 15, 2022 at 10:24 am #670219Kerri SmithLadyRegistered On: April 22, 2022Topics: 17Replies: 157Has thanked: 111 timesBeen thanked: 796 times
- August 15, 2022 at 9:31 am #670216Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 28Replies: 1506Has thanked: 9742 timesBeen thanked: 7371 times
Usually I’m a spinner hooking the clasps then spinning it around, pulling up the straps, pulling down the cups in the right position, then filling the cups with my silicone forms which is always a nice feeling. When I take my bra off I always reach behind me and unhook it like a girl does. I love wearing bras and do so every day.
- August 15, 2022 at 9:28 am #670215Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 474Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 2463 times
I hook my bras from behind. It took practice and patience to do that. I had some shoulder issues and with constant trying it helped with my shoulder problems and now I can hook my bras with no problem from behind. It was like bra physical therapy for my shoulder joints.
- August 15, 2022 at 10:38 am #670221Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 70Has thanked: 568 timesBeen thanked: 291 times
- August 15, 2022 at 11:39 am #670236Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 474Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 2463 times
When I started I could barely get one hook attached, but with patience and practice it went to 2 then 3 and 4. It was a little discouraging to start with but after a while it got easier and easier.
- August 15, 2022 at 9:26 am #670214Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 974Has thanked: 4674 timesBeen thanked: 4158 times
Yea I am a spinner too. I fasten the clasp in front and spin it around putting my arms through the straps. I live alone so have no one to help me but I can zip up a dress with the zipper in the back.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.