- Put my arms through the straps and hook it behind me
- Turn it around and hook the hooks/clasp first and then turn it around
- Get my wife, girlfriend, SO, boyfriend, to help hook my bra
Tagged: Bras struggle
- August 15, 2022 at 9:11 am #670207AnonymousInactiveTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Bras. We all love them and we especially love wearing them! I think this is because a bra is the one item of lingerie that really doesn’t have a male analog at all, it’s something that only women need, so by us wearing our bras we’re showing the world just how much we really love embracing our femininity!
But putting on our bra can sometimes be a challenge…
There are two basic methods that I know of. The first is to put your arms through the straps and pull the bra up to your chest, where you then reach behind you and hook the hooks into the clasps. This is easier when you attach your breast forms to your chest so that they help hold the bra cups in place, like a real woman does. The other main way is to turn the bra around so that the hooks and clasps are in front of you, where you can hook them closed and then turn the bra back around and the put your arms through the straps.
So of course, that got me to wondering…
How do you put on your bra?
For me, I’d say nine times out of ten I turn it around and then hook the clasps in front. The tenth time is when I attach my breast forms to my chest, so then I put on my bra the other way and reach behind me to hook it. Of course, if you have someone else to help you dress, then I guess they could also hook you up! ;-)
Anyway, how do you put on your bra?
Total of 23 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- May 12, 2023 at 9:18 am #738147Katherine LeighLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 73Has thanked: 1843 timesBeen thanked: 430 times
Most of the time I hook in front and then twirl around, but depending on the bra, I may slip my arms through the straps and fasten in the back. I also have a few front closure bras I enjoying wearing that make the whole process very simple.
- May 9, 2023 at 5:27 pm #737380Katie WhiteLadyRegistered On: May 7, 2023Topics: 4Replies: 64Has thanked: 98 timesBeen thanked: 371 times
- May 5, 2023 at 10:42 pm #736466AnonymousLadyTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- May 5, 2023 at 2:18 pm #736397AnonymousDuchessTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I use to spin around an clasp
But now I pull up from bottom jus like Id be pulling up my panties. A lil faster an I don’t have to adjust as much when spinning. An plus I’m thin that’s one reason I can. I hope this helps some one:)
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 25, 2023 at 4:21 am #734363KathyLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 7Has thanked: 489 timesBeen thanked: 53 times
After obtaining the proper bra size for you, wearing your bra is most important. Different bras can be put on different ways. I find un-zippered sports bras (jog bras) the most challenging. But for all bras, the end result is that you’re comfortable, supported and confident. Your bra feels comfortable and your breasts are comfortable and supported in the bra cups. No matter your size make your breast tissue is sitting properly in the cups. You proudly feel good about yourself wearing your bra.
- April 25, 2023 at 1:05 am #734350Ellie DeeDuchessRegistered On: October 4, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 33Has thanked: 110 timesBeen thanked: 291 times
I always fasten at the back. That is how my wife does it – though a long time ago, when I first met her she did spin it around.
I like to wear a bra daily so some of my bras are actually bralettes as they dont have any wire in them and have soft cups that can be worn under T shirts without showing through – except maybe the adjusters over the shoulders. But even these I just put my arms through the straps and fasten behind my back. No forms though – just a flat chest…
- This reply was modified 7 months ago by Ellie Dee.
- April 24, 2023 at 11:49 pm #734348Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 145Replies: 1434Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 6385 times
This one is like the “Coming of spring” and has had many i”tit” erations in the past…. Bad pun, hope it gets past the Admins…
- April 24, 2023 at 12:15 pm #734249Sarah KanterLadyRegistered On: April 25, 2019Topics: 25Replies: 292Has thanked: 700 timesBeen thanked: 1785 times
As quickly as possible, LOL.
My wife’s a “spinner” so that’s how I’ve always seen it done. I don’t know if my arms are flexible enough to clasp it in back. Maybe I should try it that way.
- This reply was modified 7 months ago by Sarah Kanter.
- April 24, 2023 at 9:34 pm #734343HarrietteLadyRegistered On: April 22, 2023Topics: 16Replies: 982Has thanked: 3517 timesBeen thanked: 2410 times
For me, it depends on the type of bra.
If the band is flexible or stretchy enough, it should be relatively easy to spin it.
If the band is not stretchy, then we have three choices: put it on straight and do up the band behind you; spin it and strain with the band or do it up loose and tighten it up tighter behind you, later; if slim enough, you might be able to pull it up or down to where it should be. I do the last one with one bra which is, um, complicated, but it is such a good bra that it is worth the struggle.
The most frustrating part is struggling with an adjustable bra with straps that attach through loops and the straps unloop at the most inconvenient time. Ugh!
I need to practice doing them up behind me more.
- April 24, 2023 at 9:43 am #734222Jamie WilliamsLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 169Has thanked: 405 timesBeen thanked: 1269 times
I used to put them on backward and then spin them around. But I really like bras that criss-cross in the back. (Adjustable) Now it’s just easier to put my arms through the straps, slip it over my head, then clasp it behind me.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 24, 2023 at 8:21 am #734202Jennifer AtwellLadyRegistered On: April 14, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 112Has thanked: 466 timesBeen thanked: 395 times
- April 24, 2023 at 6:32 am #734184AnonymousLadyTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Despite a friend showing me multiple times, I can’t get it closed in the back, so I spin my bras around. It’s actually very frustrating.
- April 24, 2023 at 2:38 am #734121Suzanne MartinHostessRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 806Has thanked: 7572 timesBeen thanked: 3412 times
For back closure bras I hook, spin and insert my arms. That’s the way I’ve seen other women do it. I’ve tried putting my arms though and hooking in the back but can’t quite do it. I think it may be a felxibility issue. I also have front closure and pull on bras.
- April 23, 2023 at 8:17 pm #734092Wanda OvahearRegistered On: October 19, 2022Topics: 16Replies: 918Has thanked: 1758 timesBeen thanked: 2910 times
The last time I saw this topic come around there was a link to some site claiming spinning is best for the bra. I can’t find it now. I can hook behind, sometimes spin, but my bra jams are sports and bralette so it’s on overhead, pull-down, bend over and tuck in the meaty moobs.
- April 23, 2023 at 6:48 pm #734082Karen LikraLadyRegistered On: April 1, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 6Has thanked: 103 timesBeen thanked: 48 times
besides the way to wear the bra, I wear it from the front by hooking it from the back, I also specialize in taking it off from the shirt, unhooking it and making it come out of the sleeves.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- September 6, 2022 at 2:02 am #674862Kris BurtonLadyRegistered On: August 6, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 194Has thanked: 1098 timesBeen thanked: 1240 times
Like many others here, I am a spinner too. If I am using a pocket bra , I fasten the bra in the reverse position, spin forward, insert your forms and then pull up. If I am using the regular sort, I fasten, spin, pull up and then insert the forms.
- August 23, 2022 at 1:56 pm #672038Petra YLadyRegistered On: September 14, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 18Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 50 times
Most of my bras are front clasp types. I can fill the cups or not before i do them up . They seem to fit me better as well. The back clasp ones i have i do the spin thing. I do not have a problem undoing the back hook bras.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- August 16, 2022 at 11:15 pm #670593Michelle BaileyLadyRegistered On: July 17, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 201Has thanked: 8940 timesBeen thanked: 983 times
Hi Holly I always put arms though straps and do up at the back .when i first starting wearing a bra it would ride up (nothing at the front to stop it ,if you know what i mean )now that i do have some ‘breasts ‘my bras will stay put until i have done up the clasps ,then time to make final adjustments .
The only bras i have to do up at the front and spin are my longline bras ,haven’t mastered them yet ,the other thing i do or need to do at certain is to remove my bras without removing outer clothing ,mastered this but only when wearing short sleeves or loose sleeves . Michelle xx
- August 16, 2022 at 9:40 am #670425Genivieve BujoldLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 153Has thanked: 244 timesBeen thanked: 637 times
- August 16, 2022 at 9:31 am #670421
- August 16, 2022 at 6:59 am #670380Sharon LeysLadyRegistered On: January 27, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 20Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 110 times
- August 16, 2022 at 5:58 am #670360Hilda BeaumontRegistered On: March 14, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 220Has thanked: 549 timesBeen thanked: 847 times
I put my arms through and then hook up at the back. Found this really difficult to begin with but practice makes perfect and it’s second nature now. What is wonderful is the moment when I slide in the inserts andI feel the straps tighten with their weight. I remember reading somewhere that this feels like being hugged. Couldn’t agree more. And just a great way to start the day.
Love to all my sisters
- August 15, 2022 at 8:20 pm #670311ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 797Has thanked: 3143 timesBeen thanked: 3925 times
- August 15, 2022 at 6:23 pm #670295
- August 15, 2022 at 5:27 pm #670288Davina EvansLadyRegistered On: March 23, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 102Has thanked: 53 timesBeen thanked: 327 times
- August 15, 2022 at 2:10 pm #670265AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I fasten it behind me and it’s now second nature to do it that way, though it took a lot of practice to get there – especially as I wear a longline bra. In the early days it used to drive me nuts if I got the hook/clasp pairs mismatched.
- August 15, 2022 at 2:08 pm #670263Trish WhiteBaronessRegistered On: December 2, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 583Has thanked: 4025 timesBeen thanked: 2592 times
I’ve most often put my arms through the straps and hook it from behind. Once you’ve done it for a while it actually becomes easy. Honestly Holly, do you lie awake at nights dreaming up these forums? It amazes me what you come up with.
- August 15, 2022 at 3:41 pm #670279AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
And yes, I actually sometimes do lie awake and think of new polls, because it’s always just so fascinating to me all the various things that we as transwomen have to deal with, so sharing our thoughts about them is beneficial (I hope) to all of us! :-)
- August 15, 2022 at 1:13 pm #670245GwynethLadyRegistered On: January 21, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 498Has thanked: 3254 timesBeen thanked: 1783 times
First and foremost, I’m the guy that’s had an incredibly hard time removing a bra during the fast paced act of sex! It should be easier!
I had to answer as a spinner. Because now I’ve tried hooking it in the back, but I’m not flexible enough to pull that off. Hey… whatever works, right? OHHH how I would love some help!
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by Gwyneth.
- August 15, 2022 at 12:37 pm #670242KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 737Has thanked: 3369 timesBeen thanked: 3663 times
First, I hook the clasps behind my back – it is super easy when you understand the engineering of the hook and clasp structure. Then I raise the cups up to my breasts and put my arms through the straps. This is sort of a modified version of your first option. I always like to be somewhat different, well it works for me anyway.
- August 15, 2022 at 12:15 pm #670240Lara TuckerBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 1416Has thanked: 32567 timesBeen thanked: 5285 times
I’m a spinner too, although I did force myself to hook it by reaching behind recently. I think I will keep practicing that until it becomes normal. I also have a bra with a clasp in front, maybe that’s cheating…
- August 15, 2022 at 12:13 pm #670239Greta “Moody” La FolleLadyRegistered On: August 6, 2022Topics: 8Replies: 584Has thanked: 1024 timesBeen thanked: 2105 times
- August 15, 2022 at 11:10 am #670230Rozalyn RichardsLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 1224Has thanked: 1316 timesBeen thanked: 4468 times
I’m a spinner i fasten the clasp at the front and then spin it round, but I’ve found that when i take it off i can undo it from behind by putting my arms behind my back and unhooking it with my fingers, I shall have to practice hooking it from behind, i should imagine it takes a lot of practice,
Hugs Rozalyn X
- August 16, 2022 at 6:17 am #670366
- August 15, 2022 at 10:24 am #670219AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- August 15, 2022 at 9:31 am #670216AnonymousLadyTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Usually I’m a spinner hooking the clasps then spinning it around, pulling up the straps, pulling down the cups in the right position, then filling the cups with my silicone forms which is always a nice feeling. When I take my bra off I always reach behind me and unhook it like a girl does. I love wearing bras and do so every day.
- August 15, 2022 at 9:28 am #670215AnonymousLadyTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I hook my bras from behind. It took practice and patience to do that. I had some shoulder issues and with constant trying it helped with my shoulder problems and now I can hook my bras with no problem from behind. It was like bra physical therapy for my shoulder joints.
- August 15, 2022 at 9:26 am #670214Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 1202Has thanked: 6027 timesBeen thanked: 5466 times
Yea I am a spinner too. I fasten the clasp in front and spin it around putting my arms through the straps. I live alone so have no one to help me but I can zip up a dress with the zipper in the back.
- The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.