Viewing 46 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Michaela Cruz
      Duchess

The other day my therapist asked me a very interesting question that I never really asked myself. If the world would accept you no matter what (no fear of intolerance) how often would you present yourself as female? Also sorry if this has been asked before! I was looking through many of the old polls but couldn’t find this exact question from previous posts.

Anonymous

Hi Michaela I voted 24/7 

Simply because I’m truly Feminine on the inside and want to show it on the outside but fear of being judged 💋

Anonymous

I voted for Daily, because I think there would be times when I needed to show my male self; and almost certain there would be days when I didn’t want to bother with makeup.  Now, if you restrict the reply to clothing, it would be 24/7.

This is a very simple straightforward question, and yet, I got excited just reading it.  Why?  Because it is just that simple.  If we could simply present ourselves as females to everyone and anyone without judgment, rejection, criticism, or ridicule, most of us would be filled with joy and the fear, deception, and confusion would be gone or virtually insignificant.

If tomorrow, I could just tell my wife in answer to her typical, “What should we do today,” that I’d like to be girlfriends today.  I’d ask her to take a long walk with the dog.  Then we’d have lunch at Cafe Provence, with their seafood special and a couple of glasses of Chardonnay.  Next, we would stroll the Plaza and visit a few shops.  We might catch a matinee of the newest release.  And, we could close the afternoon with happy hour at Regazza or JJ’s.  When we got home, we’d have a light dinner, watch a little TV, and then jump into bed with a couple of books.  Who knows?  The next day could be Guy and Gal, or maybe another girlfriends day.  It wouldn’t matter, because we’d be enjoying each other’s company and being who we want to be.  Just sayin’!
      FAM

Hi Michaela I voted daily ,I would love to live full time as a female ,throw away all my male clothes and then spend spend on my female clothing ,I already have a good collection of undies but very little in the way of outer clothing this I would need to build up quickly so I could fully live the life I have missed out on for longer than I care to remember ,to put on makeup  (most days ) to wear jewelry and very important to wear or put on perfume ,something at present as a closet dresser very little chance to do .

Michelle  xx

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

I lived full time in the 80’s so would love to go back to doing that now.

However I have made a commitment to my partner only to be part time while we are together for work, so if those commitments were removed I would love to go back and be full time again.

one thing has changed though, I probably would not undertake any surgery or take hormones, but may finish off my hair removal as I hate my face hair!

hugs Dawn

Hi Michaela,

Good question, and an easy one for me. I consider myself to be gender fluid to begin with. I am comfortable as a man, I don’t feel trapped or anything like that. I would like to dress at home as a woman 100% of the time. No problem continuing my professional life as a man.

Michaela, I have shared this with some of our younger sisters. If I was in my thirties and single I would pursue outdoor activities as a woman. My routine would be to come from work on Friday change into Lee Ann and remain that way until Monday morning. I would do that for a few years and see where life took me.

As a woman I would be open to any possibilities.

I teased one of our 35 something sisters by asking her what would she ever do if a man invited her for Starbucks. I know what I would do.

Lee Ann

Anonymous

I voted 24/7 if i could be accepted without any malice whatsoever and be able to live as Rozalyne i would throw all my drab male clothes in the bin and wear female clothes all the time x

Michaela Cruz
      Duchess

Thank you all for participating! Wow I love that I am in good company with the number of times I’d want to dress up (for me, it’s daily!). I think I am okay with my male side, but I definitely find female clothes and expression more fun! Thinking about it, I would definitely dress up almost daily if I had the chance. Love all the responses girls, hopefully one day we can go out and just have it be normal for us to shine and be who we really are!

Great question!

I replied “other” just because I have my own business as a knife maker and pretty sure I’d remain in drab for that. This is something I’ve been thinking about a lot recently. I just had my 2nd therapy session with a transgender counselor, and she brought up the subject of HRT. This really got me thinking seriously about it. It kind of made it really Real, if you know what I mean.

Ok, that being said, if I’m not working I dress as much female as I can given the circumstances.

Sheesh, I just read what I wrote and hopes it makes sense to you girls.

Heather

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Good question Michaela.  I chose daily, but thinking about it I might after doing it for a while I might switch to 24/7.  Doing it daily would be easy since I already sleep in fem and dress in fem in private most days.       Sandy

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I love crossdressing. I’ve loved it since I was 4. I love the clothes and how I look and feel in them. I dress everyday but don’t go out everyday. The only thing that keeps me from dressing 24/7 is my job and various social functions. If not for those I would dress even more.

Still, as much as I love crossdressing I like being a guy. There is times where guy clothes just work for me, like cleaning the yard, going on the roof and cleaning the gutters, changing oil on the cars or just performing maintenance tasks.

Sure, I would love to be in pantyhose, heels and short dress all the time but those aforementioned things make that impractical and even dangerous in some instances.

I Voted 24/7/365 as I am A women on the inside but left it to later in life t change so now i just live with it

🙁

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I voted for every other day, as unlike some, I don’t hate my male self, however, I do love presenting as female. I have sometimes wondered what I might do without restrictions, might I slide into presenting as a woman the majority of the time??

How interesting that would be to have the freedom to find out!

Amy

the only way is all day, every day.

Someday.

<sigh>

Anonymous

I’d do it all day, every day, if I could.

I dress 24/7/365. I gave up my male self years ago. I am female all the time. Long ago I stopped thinking about or worrying about what other people may think or say, I don’t even notice if anyone is looking and wondering. The last few times someone has attempted to say anything my wife has told them to leave her  alone, my wife and I are happy with each other as we are.

Emily
      Lady

Interesting thought provoking question. I chose 24/7. Mostly because I dress to some extent every day now. Always panties ( don’t own anything else), always women’s jeans and sneakers. All my gym clothes are from the women’s department as well. I don’t always present female, but most often there is enough to make some people question.

thanks for asking this!

Siobhan
      Lady

I am mainly working from home at the moment.  I hate having to take my nail polish off on Monday night so I can join Tuesday’s team video calls, and can’t wait to reapply it on Friday night.  I am dressed unisex from the waist up and female from the wait down all day.  I even walk out at night wearing jeggings with my wife.  I just put on skate shoes instead of my ballet pumps I wear during the day.

I would love to be out fulltime.  When I go into the office/lab to do something I can’t wait to get home and strip off my mens jeans and become myself again.  It is tricky for me to come out at work as my son works for the same company, and we often work together, so it could be hard for him from his colleagues, even though HR has inclusive policies in place, I would worry about him.

Siobhan
        Lady

Wow.  Looking back, that was the last day that I wore any male clothing.  I couldn’t do it again.  I am out full-time.  As it turned out it wasn’t a problem for myself or my son.

Its all about freedom if i get the freedom to live like i want to i would be dressed 24×7

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Underdressed may not qualify, but I do that 24/7. As for the “outer: two big IF!s

1/. If I had a partner who who be comfortable with me being Caty, probably 2-3 times a week. I have “male things”, I like to do and although I enjoy the x times much more time needed to be come female than male, doing it too many times a week would be a chore.

Some days the quick “shave, shower shampoo and  s????” of being male” is so much easier…

2/. If I did not live a VERY reserved retirement living community… Just one appearance in Caty mode and the gossip mill around here would blow its boiler. Even if I could withstand it, it would be most unfair on the love of my life…She has to live here too.

God forbid I lost her, well then…… I might just light a match under that boiler, just to see what might happen!!.

Happydressing

Caty

Leonara
        Ambassador

Caty, I can commiserate with you regarding living in a reserved retirement community… it takes a lot of planning just to go out to the car… I too underdress winter has its advantages for stockings and a camisole..hugs, Leonara

I voted full time. I went on vacation and lived full time for a week as a female. I learned a lot about how it is to be a lady 24/7 . It’s not as easy as I thought it would be but I welcomed the challenge and did it. By the seventh day I had done just about everything that a girl would do when she is on her vacation. It was a eye opener for me to see what a girl has to do everyday just so she’d look like a girl. I used to take it for granted about what a girl must do every day when she wakes up to start her day. Just showering and applieing makeup takes a significant amount of time and it has to be done everyday. As a man I get to go anywhere I want to. But as a girl I had to think about where I was going to go so I’d be safe and not have a problem. I found out that there’s a lot more to being a girl then just dressing as one, but still I’d prefer living as a girl 24/7 if I were able to

Seren
      Baroness

I voted other. Even if there were no consequences to be living f/t presenting as a woman in all areas of my life, I’m not sure I could ever explain this to my parents….

Seren xx

Leslie
      Lady

I think that I would love to present 24/7/365 but when I consider that it takes my over a hour to wash my face, hair. shave and just a sponge bath. Makeup seems like a major undertaking. But I know that it doesn’t take  my daughter that LONG to do her makeup maybe it wouldn’t be that big of a deal. A girl can dream.

Stephanie
      Lady

I had to vote for daily, (which I currently do). It took me just a couple of days to throw away all of my men’s cloths when I first came out.

Stephanie
      Lady

you are in a very tough place girl.  I feel for you. huggs  those always help

i put down daily,   but i dress up when i can when our 22 year old is at work at night and i can dress up for 4 hours and wife will let me know i can do what i like to do and that is to dress up. in which i was almost done dressing up.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

If I could wear “whatever I like” without fear of judgment or reproach, I would likely find a bit of an androgynous look for the average day with swings to the femme or masc sides depending upon my mood that day… I could wear leggings with biker boots and a crop top with a hoodie… wouldn’t need to worry about wearing a bra in an attempt to “pass” if nobody cared what I wore…. I could just wear the clothes that I liked….when I liked…

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I feel it’s hard to guess. It depends on a lot of things like what I do and my mood and since I’m currently in the closet it’s hard to think how often Kelly would be out if it was no stigma around it.
      I know that my interest in it is in regards to very feminine clothes so dress/skirt/heels and with that I wouldn’t want to present as female in just jeans, t-shirt and sneakers. And because of that it depends on what I do. For example if I do some construction work I think it would be a problem if I do that in dress and heels.

I think also it would come and go, as in Kelly is out for days days/week(s) in a row just to then go away same time.

I answered the question to mean present in public.  I would only want to go out occasionally, a big part of why I dress is that I’m such a rule follower in every other area of my life that I love having a part that I can feel ‘if you only knew’ when I feel like a very boring person.

24/7 would be my ideal, ad that is what I am currently working towards.

PaulaF

‘Other.’ I already go out en femme only where I can expect to pass as a GG! I don’t want to be tolerated for CD, I go out to convince people who don’t know me that I’m a normally-dressed woman!

Katrina
      Lady

I voted 24/7/365 because to me en femme is more than just the clothes. I have always believed I should have been born female. I think my whole life would have been better if I had. This is the first time in my life I have not been surrounded by a sea of testosterone. I have four brothers. I was military for 20 years. I worked in very masculine jobs and was always around people who thought if you dresses as a woman, you were gay. It took a very understanding woman to let me explore my feminine side and I have never been happier. I have promised her that I will not look at HRT for a year as she thinks this may just be me jumping in without looking like always. That being said, at this point I would be a female at the drop of a hat no matter what she wore.  Does that make any sense?

Kassie
      Lady

I really like this question. I hadn’t really thought about it in this way when thinking about my dressing habits. I voted ‘Daily’ as without any barriers from the outside world, the question would firmly return to whether or not ‘I’ feel it’s the right thing for my life…

…and I honestly don’t know.

That is why before I would commit to a 24/7 life as a female, I would want to know first that everyday I wake up, I still want to be female and I still have that desire to present outward in that way. I think after a while if this proved to be the case, then maybe 24/7 would be the right decision for me.

zeezee
      Duchess

I have a great therapist too. This is a great question. I think I will discuss this question with him.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by zeezee.

I opted for three or four times a week. But in retrospect if it was accepted. Although I enjoy my male side the thought of my own breasts and a harter top would be to tempting to pass up. Then instead of me  being I guy with boobs I might as well be a woman with boobs. So I think I have made the wrong selection and would actually be a full time girl that acted like a guy if I wanted too. Wow. That is just like most women actually are. Maybe I am just a normal person. Maybe we all are. Hugs to all of you.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Ah, missed this the first time it came around.  Actually, with that caveat of acceptance, I would start out at least 50/50, (day on/day off, week on/week off, etc.) because then I could start to get a really good grasp on whether it’s a casual fetish, something much deeper inside, or that I would want to transition.  The limited times I do dress, I enjoy it immensely in all sorts of ways, but actually starting to live it would get me a lot closer to fully understanding myself and making far more informed decisions.

I’ve never been to a therapist, and I do sort of envy a little those who have.  Back in the day, pre-computer and cell phone, the Yellow Pages did NOT have any listings for Gender Therapists. Yeah, maybe if I had picked one at random, they could have (if they were fully understanding) maybe directed me to the right place, but that would have meant coming out to even more people, and fully opening up to an initial generic random therapist at the first meeting was not something I ever felt prepared to do.

So, I read a lot, began watching all sorts of performers, and when it became available, internet surfed.

And now I know that if I’m ever going to fully understand myself, I would have to dress a lot more often and for far more different situations and that would take either that caveat above kicking in, or a lot more nerve on my part, neither of which I think is currently forthcoming.  <sigh>

Hugs, ChloeC

Angela Booth
      Hostess

A long time ago I would have said 24/7. I took any opportunity to dress when I could and now I am there. I do have the odd occasion when I have to ‘crossdress’ in reverse but I am happy to do that as there are some times when a life as a male still has to be countered.

Some would say I am lucky but I have had to make that luck to live and work as a woman having made some sacrifices on the way.  Gone are the days of taking time to get ready and enjoy those moments when it’s a work day. It’s up, showered, dressed,made up and fed in an hour. 

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I would dress as often as I could, but it wouldn’t be practical to dress every day.

Hugs, Liara

If I had total freedom to dress however I wanted to then I guess that I’d rarely be either/or, but presenting at various points along the spectrum depending on my mood of the day. To be able to mix and match a whole range of looks would be wonderful.

Anonymous

Hi Michella,

I honestly don’t know, but I m seduced by the prospect of wearing what I want whenever I want.

Marti xxx

I would love to every day but I don’t think that’s practical even for real females. I can’t see myself doing my daily male chores wearing a dress. When I want to present myself in a feminine image I only see myself wearing dresses or skirts and blouses.

Elaine
      Duchess

I voted 3-4 times a week but more accurately I’d be 24/6.  There is one day a week that I do a couple manly things that I enjoy.

Anonymous

I wear panties nearly every day.  But would I swap out 100% of my male clothes for female ones? Probably not.  My true answer is, “whenever the hell I felt like it.”

Jasmine
      Lady

When I was younger and just starting out it was not that often maybe once or twice a week always at night just driving around. And as I started to get older and better I was starting to go earlier and earlier and still just driving around but knowing that at this point I was making it easier for people to see me. Then once I really hit my stride I took my first big step when I went to a boutique near my apartment this would have been the second or third time the first time I went in and drabb trying to act like it wasn’t for me she figured me out so like I said it was the second or third time I went in fully dressed I never forget the outfit my Auburn wig a not quite failed attempt makeup it was not terrible but you could tell it was not done by a woman I had on a multi colored skin tight top and at that time I was wearing I want to say it was a 34b I had on the high-waisted briefs garter belt black thigh highs and it was a pair of black women’s slacks that I intentionally bought a size smaller because the last time that I was there Sheila (that’s the owner and my friend didn’t like to keep saying”she”) had also mentioned that I should try to accentuate my rear because I was lucky to have one that was very much a woman’s and I had an a pair of black knee high boots and I strolled on in there waiting for her to come back from the back when she came back she looked at me she’s like I’m so Glad you came back and that you’re not trying to hide. She then told me this time around instead of this grabbing some random forms and a random bra we’re going to get you fitted and get you a proper set of girls. I’m a 36dd I love it when she got done with me that day I had to go and show it off. So after we were done talking hey baby tell her I love it I got back to my car I’m sitting in my car for a little bit I was living with my girlfriend at the time she was at work but I still got to make dinner but have get something for dinner so I so next up was a local Kroger’s where I again just sat in my car this was going to be the real test could go on shop check out and not be outed I knew that after Sandra’s help and adjustments to my clothes lingerie she did my nails and fixed my makeup  properly when I was there I did a good chance of being ok. So in I went I went around that everything I needed for dinner I was in there for at least a good hour my first scare came a 10 minutes after I got in the store I was coming around the corner of an hour and another woman in her daughter coming around the corner opposite of me we almost hit each other and I was like I’m so sorry ma’am in my sweetest girls voice  and she’s like oh dear you have a beautiful outfit and after that it was like my nerves came down got what I needed checked out again another complament went back to the apartment I started cooking my girlfriend knew I dressed but she had never actually seen it and I wasn’t going to show her this yet but I didn’t pay attention and she came in the door before I could get to the bathroom change so i turn around lean against the sink little cigarette and said let it be she came in saw me soaked in the the whole picture then we sat down and we talked about everything that happened that day and everything it was just a great day

Nancy
      Lady

This is a difficult question to answer, because it’s hard for me to even imagine this society without intolerance for those who stray from the expected norms. But in a perfect world, I would almost certainly present feminine daily. Im not going to say 24/7 though, as I’d likely go drab for yard work, don’t want to ruin my pretty clothes. 😉 I would not live as a woman though, because I feel like my feminine side is just a part of me. Sometimes I’m more feminine, sometimes I’m not. and I refuse to choose one or the other. I’m just me, trying to be my genuine self.

Nancy

It’s no longer “would”, it’s now “How often DO you present yourself as female?” Every day, as I present as a woman where I work. Like Angela Booth says, gone are the days when I could take time to preen in front of the mirror. Now it’s get up, get ready, run to the bus and get to work. But I still get to have some fun and preen on the weekends…:)

Hugs girls,

Lauren M

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?