- On occasion (1-4 times a year)
- Monthly (1-2 times a month)
- Weekly (1-2 times a week)
- Every other day (3-4 times a week)
- Daily (every day of the week)
- 24/7 (living life as a female)
- Other (reply below!)
- September 19, 2020 at 8:35 pm #385402Michaela CruzParticipantRegistered On: August 2, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 13Has thanked: 33 timesBeen thanked: 95 times
The other day my therapist asked me a very interesting question that I never really asked myself. If the world would accept you no matter what (no fear of intolerance) how often would you present yourself as female? Also sorry if this has been asked before! I was looking through many of the old polls but couldn’t find this exact question from previous posts.
Total of 28 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- October 5, 2020 at 9:38 pm #390897Krissi SParticipantRegistered On: October 1, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 60Has thanked: 144 timesBeen thanked: 290 times
I really like this question. I hadn’t really thought about it in this way when thinking about my dressing habits. I voted ‘Daily’ as without any barriers from the outside world, the question would firmly return to whether or not ‘I’ feel it’s the right thing for my life…
…and I honestly don’t know.
That is why before I would commit to a 24/7 life as a female, I would want to know first that everyday I wake up, I still want to be female and I still have that desire to present outward in that way. I think after a while if this proved to be the case, then maybe 24/7 would be the right decision for me.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- October 4, 2020 at 1:24 pm #390383CassieParticipantRegistered On: August 28, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 21Has thanked: 32 timesBeen thanked: 127 times
I voted 24/7/365 because to me en femme is more than just the clothes. I have always believed I should have been born female. I think my whole life would have been better if I had. This is the first time in my life I have not been surrounded by a sea of testosterone. I have four brothers. I was military for 20 years. I worked in very masculine jobs and was always around people who thought if you dresses as a woman, you were gay. It took a very understanding woman to let me explore my feminine side and I have never been happier. I have promised her that I will not look at HRT for a year as she thinks this may just be me jumping in without looking like always. That being said, at this point I would be a female at the drop of a hat no matter what she wore. Does that make any sense?
- October 3, 2020 at 2:57 pm #390031Alexis TresseParticipantRegistered On: March 27, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 72Has thanked: 782 timesBeen thanked: 258 times
- October 2, 2020 at 10:09 pm #389778
- September 23, 2020 at 9:57 pm #386957Celeste JoParticipantRegistered On: April 26, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 34Has thanked: 33 timesBeen thanked: 215 times
I answered the question to mean present in public. I would only want to go out occasionally, a big part of why I dress is that I’m such a rule follower in every other area of my life that I love having a part that I can feel ‘if you only knew’ when I feel like a very boring person.
- September 23, 2020 at 7:43 pm #386946Kelly TerryParticipantRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 88Has thanked: 60 timesBeen thanked: 319 times
I feel it’s hard to guess. It depends on a lot of things like what I do and my mood and since I’m currently in the closet it’s hard to think how often Kelly would be out if it was no stigma around it.
I know that my interest in it is in regards to very feminine clothes so dress/skirt/heels and with that I wouldn’t want to present as female in just jeans, t-shirt and sneakers. And because of that it depends on what I do. For example if I do some construction work I think it would be a problem if I do that in dress and heels.
I think also it would come and go, as in Kelly is out for days days/week(s) in a row just to then go away same time.
- September 23, 2020 at 5:03 pm #386919Dala CarlianParticipantRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 74Has thanked: 187 timesBeen thanked: 206 times
If I could wear “whatever I like” without fear of judgment or reproach, I would likely find a bit of an androgynous look for the average day with swings to the femme or masc sides depending upon my mood that day… I could wear leggings with biker boots and a crop top with a hoodie… wouldn’t need to worry about wearing a bra in an attempt to “pass” if nobody cared what I wore…. I could just wear the clothes that I liked….when I liked…
- September 23, 2020 at 3:22 pm #386889Lucinda HawknsParticipantRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1161Has thanked: 74 timesBeen thanked: 1102 times
- September 22, 2020 at 9:25 pm #386594
- September 22, 2020 at 4:40 pm #386524StephanieParticipantRegistered On: May 17, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 13Has thanked: 16 timesBeen thanked: 45 times
- September 22, 2020 at 3:02 pm #386476LeslieParticipantRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 42Has thanked: 327 timesBeen thanked: 210 times
I think that I would love to present 24/7/365 but when I consider that it takes my over a hour to wash my face, hair. shave and just a sponge bath. Makeup seems like a major undertaking. But I know that it doesn’t take my daughter that LONG to do her makeup maybe it wouldn’t be that big of a deal. A girl can dream.
- September 22, 2020 at 5:08 am #386304GenevïeveParticipantRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 139Has thanked: 1985 timesBeen thanked: 568 times
@ Jannie Murray… I too, am amazed at how much time and effort that GG’s have to put in on a daily basis to look and smell beautiful….
Showering, shaving, makeup (applying/removing), nails (applying removing), hair… then there’s family responsibilities (if she has spouse/kids). It all takes time…
I’ll never make fun of the GG’s in the coffee shop Drive-Thru putting on liner and mascara again…
As you mentioned Jannie, a real ‘Eye Opener’…
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Genevïeve. Reason: Additional text
- September 22, 2020 at 2:40 am #386275SerenParticipantRegistered On: March 2, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 398Has thanked: 3363 timesBeen thanked: 1770 times
- September 22, 2020 at 12:24 am #386260Jannie MurryParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 90Has thanked: 46 timesBeen thanked: 373 times
I voted full time. I went on vacation and lived full time for a week as a female. I learned a lot about how it is to be a lady 24/7 . It’s not as easy as I thought it would be but I welcomed the challenge and did it. By the seventh day I had done just about everything that a girl would do when she is on her vacation. It was a eye opener for me to see what a girl has to do everyday just so she’d look like a girl. I used to take it for granted about what a girl must do every day when she wakes up to start her day. Just showering and applieing makeup takes a significant amount of time and it has to be done everyday. As a man I get to go anywhere I want to. But as a girl I had to think about where I was going to go so I’d be safe and not have a problem. I found out that there’s a lot more to being a girl then just dressing as one, but still I’d prefer living as a girl 24/7 if I were able to
- September 21, 2020 at 6:29 pm #386174Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 69Replies: 656Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 1950 times
Underdressed may not qualify, but I do that 24/7. As for the “outer: two big IF!s
1/. If I had a partner who who be comfortable with me being Caty, probably 2-3 times a week. I have “male things”, I like to do and although I enjoy the x times much more time needed to be come female than male, doing it too many times a week would be a chore.
Some days the quick “shave, shower shampoo and s????” of being male” is so much easier…
2/. If I did not live a VERY reserved retirement living community… Just one appearance in Caty mode and the gossip mill around here would blow its boiler. Even if I could withstand it, it would be most unfair on the love of my life…She has to live here too.
God forbid I lost her, well then…… I might just light a match under that boiler, just to see what might happen!!.
- September 21, 2020 at 6:04 pm #386167
- September 21, 2020 at 9:35 am #386005Sharon WiltshireParticipantRegistered On: July 27, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 42Has thanked: 573 timesBeen thanked: 242 times
I am mainly working from home at the moment. I hate having to take my nail polish off on Monday night so I can join Tuesday’s team video calls, and can’t wait to reapply it on Friday night. I am dressed unisex from the waist up and female from the wait down all day. I even walk out at night wearing jeggings with my wife. I just put on skate shoes instead of my ballet pumps I wear during the day.
I would love to be out fulltime. When I go into the office/lab to do something I can’t wait to get home and strip off my mens jeans and become myself again. It is tricky for me to come out at work as my son works for the same company, and we often work together, so it could be hard for him from his colleagues, even though HR has inclusive policies in place, I would worry about him.
- September 21, 2020 at 9:02 am #385998EmilyParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 13Replies: 460Has thanked: 2323 timesBeen thanked: 1124 times
Interesting thought provoking question. I chose 24/7. Mostly because I dress to some extent every day now. Always panties ( don’t own anything else), always women’s jeans and sneakers. All my gym clothes are from the women’s department as well. I don’t always present female, but most often there is enough to make some people question.
thanks for asking this!
- September 21, 2020 at 4:57 am #385909Jennifer LynnParticipantRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 69Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 326 times
I dress 24/7/365. I gave up my male self years ago. I am female all the time. Long ago I stopped thinking about or worrying about what other people may think or say, I don’t even notice if anyone is looking and wondering. The last few times someone has attempted to say anything my wife has told them to leave her alone, my wife and I are happy with each other as we are.
- September 20, 2020 at 11:13 pm #385847stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 88Replies: 782Has thanked: 889 timesBeen thanked: 2656 times
- September 20, 2020 at 8:28 pm #385814
- September 20, 2020 at 7:50 pm #385801
- September 20, 2020 at 7:27 pm #385793Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1036Has thanked: 2642 timesBeen thanked: 2444 times
I voted for every other day, as unlike some, I don’t hate my male self, however, I do love presenting as female. I have sometimes wondered what I might do without restrictions, might I slide into presenting as a woman the majority of the time??
How interesting that would be to have the freedom to find out!
- September 20, 2020 at 7:19 pm #385791Paula1ParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 7Replies: 489Has thanked: 505 timesBeen thanked: 998 times
- September 20, 2020 at 4:25 pm #385763Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1363Has thanked: 956 timesBeen thanked: 3181 times
I love crossdressing. I’ve loved it since I was 4. I love the clothes and how I look and feel in them. I dress everyday but don’t go out everyday. The only thing that keeps me from dressing 24/7 is my job and various social functions. If not for those I would dress even more.
Still, as much as I love crossdressing I like being a guy. There is times where guy clothes just work for me, like cleaning the yard, going on the roof and cleaning the gutters, changing oil on the cars or just performing maintenance tasks.
Sure, I would love to be in pantyhose, heels and short dress all the time but those aforementioned things make that impractical and even dangerous in some instances.
- September 20, 2020 at 4:24 pm #385762
- September 20, 2020 at 3:23 pm #385743Sandy JaysonParticipantRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 199Has thanked: 498 timesBeen thanked: 831 times
Good question Michaela. I chose daily, but thinking about it I might after doing it for a while I might switch to 24/7. Doing it daily would be easy since I already sleep in fem and dress in fem in private most days. Sandy
- September 20, 2020 at 2:20 pm #385702Heather HarrisonParticipantRegistered On: August 3, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 107Has thanked: 662 timesBeen thanked: 487 times
I replied “other” just because I have my own business as a knife maker and pretty sure I’d remain in drab for that. This is something I’ve been thinking about a lot recently. I just had my 2nd therapy session with a transgender counselor, and she brought up the subject of HRT. This really got me thinking seriously about it. It kind of made it really Real, if you know what I mean.
Ok, that being said, if I’m not working I dress as much female as I can given the circumstances.
Sheesh, I just read what I wrote and hopes it makes sense to you girls.
- September 20, 2020 at 1:02 pm #385676Michaela CruzParticipantRegistered On: August 2, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 13Has thanked: 33 timesBeen thanked: 95 times
Thank you all for participating! Wow I love that I am in good company with the number of times I’d want to dress up (for me, it’s daily!). I think I am okay with my male side, but I definitely find female clothes and expression more fun! Thinking about it, I would definitely dress up almost daily if I had the chance. Love all the responses girls, hopefully one day we can go out and just have it be normal for us to shine and be who we really are!
- September 20, 2020 at 12:05 pm #385659Rozalyne RichardsParticipantRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 227Has thanked: 245 timesBeen thanked: 624 times
- September 20, 2020 at 2:10 am #385441Lee Ann RakersParticipantRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 438Has thanked: 667 timesBeen thanked: 1304 times
Good question, and an easy one for me. I consider myself to be gender fluid to begin with. I am comfortable as a man, I don’t feel trapped or anything like that. I would like to dress at home as a woman 100% of the time. No problem continuing my professional life as a man.
Michaela, I have shared this with some of our younger sisters. If I was in my thirties and single I would pursue outdoor activities as a woman. My routine would be to come from work on Friday change into Lee Ann and remain that way until Monday morning. I would do that for a few years and see where life took me.
As a woman I would be open to any possibilities.
I teased one of our 35 something sisters by asking her what would she ever do if a man invited her for Starbucks. I know what I would do.
- September 19, 2020 at 10:57 pm #385424Dawn WyvernAmbassadorRegistered On: February 23, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 127Has thanked: 51 timesBeen thanked: 353 times
I lived full time in the 80’s so would love to go back to doing that now.
However I have made a commitment to my partner only to be part time while we are together for work, so if those commitments were removed I would love to go back and be full time again.
one thing has changed though, I probably would not undertake any surgery or take hormones, but may finish off my hair removal as I hate my face hair!
- September 19, 2020 at 10:37 pm #385420Michelle BaileyParticipantRegistered On: July 17, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 89Has thanked: 1527 timesBeen thanked: 296 times
Hi Michaela I voted daily ,I would love to live full time as a female ,throw away all my male clothes and then spend spend on my female clothing ,I already have a good collection of undies but very little in the way of outer clothing this I would need to build up quickly so I could fully live the life I have missed out on for longer than I care to remember ,to put on makeup (most days ) to wear jewelry and very important to wear or put on perfume ,something at present as a closet dresser very little chance to do .
- September 19, 2020 at 9:16 pm #385407Falecia McGuireParticipantRegistered On: January 11, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 108Has thanked: 78 timesBeen thanked: 598 times
This is a very simple straightforward question, and yet, I got excited just reading it. Why? Because it is just that simple. If we could simply present ourselves as females to everyone and anyone without judgment, rejection, criticism, or ridicule, most of us would be filled with joy and the fear, deception, and confusion would be gone or virtually insignificant.
If tomorrow, I could just tell my wife in answer to her typical, “What should we do today,” that I’d like to be girlfriends today. I’d ask her to take a long walk with the dog. Then we’d have lunch at Cafe Provence, with their seafood special and a couple of glasses of Chardonnay. Next, we would stroll the Plaza and visit a few shops. We might catch a matinee of the newest release. And, we could close the afternoon with happy hour at Regazza or JJ’s. When we got home, we’d have a light dinner, watch a little TV, and then jump into bed with a couple of books. Who knows? The next day could be Guy and Gal, or maybe another girlfriends day. It wouldn’t matter, because we’d be enjoying each other’s company and being who we want to be. Just sayin’!
- September 19, 2020 at 8:51 pm #385406Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1438Has thanked: 2350 timesBeen thanked: 4279 times
I voted for Daily, because I think there would be times when I needed to show my male self; and almost certain there would be days when I didn’t want to bother with makeup. Now, if you restrict the reply to clothing, it would be 24/7.
- September 19, 2020 at 8:45 pm #385405Kelly AnnParticipantRegistered On: February 24, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 84Has thanked: 77 timesBeen thanked: 304 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.