Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

The good, the bad and the comfortable! What are your favorites and what shoes do you avoid?

I did a poll on shoe sizes and sources that returned a lot of good info.

I buy from Torrid, kitten heel or lower. I have several pairs of lavender slip on sneakers that are my daily shoe, some nice dressy flats, sandals with 2” heels, and a pair of Wonder Woman lace-up sneakers that were a breast cancer awareness promo item.

Daily for work I really like my lady Skechers. Oh so comfortable and cute. My favorite heels are pointed toe, open side ankle strap style. You can see them in some of my pics. Overall favorite are my Aerosoles dark brown suede boots. They fit quite snugly to my calf due to the dual zipper it has. They are great to wear all day. Alas, they are now put away until next fall.

The ones I avoid are those that are too expensive, other than that I am all in.

Love,

Tommie

Leah
      Baroness

favorites are a pair of open toe 2″ heels  working my way up to the 4″ heels

Hi Victoria,  For work on the farm I wear Wolverine leather work boots.  For trips into town I wear Fila or Reebok runners.  For nights out I wear 3 inch leather Ann Taylor or Ferragamo  heels.  The thing that I try to avoid are synthetic or plastic heels and boots.  I always find that leather wears best and fits my foot with a lot of forgiveness.  That way I can last all night without wanting to take them off and toss them out the window.  I hope that helps someone.  Marg

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

I avoid pumps, heel slips no matter what I try. In Lynda mode Ugg sandals, 4pr Ugg wedges, next Naturalizer Heels, and 9West Knee Hi 4in heel boots. Most 9West sandals fit, but there ankle strap heel run narrow, wish the had a wide heel.

Hiking Keen and Hokas for walks and running around.
      Lynda

I wear mostly flats as my ankles just won’t take heels. I have a pair of really nice black heels but not able to wear them for very long. I have a couple pairs of TOMS that I wear all the time and now that the warmer weather is on the way (some day in WI) I have some nice sandals. Always on the look out for something cute and comfy.

Emily
      Lady

My favorite shoes are wedges from Target, they have a four inch wedge and 1 inch platform and I can wear them all day. I wore them for almost 12 hours on Monday walking in Vegas. second is boots of any kind.

Amazon called my first (and only) new shoes: “ForeMode Fashion Women T-Strap High Heels Bow Platform Round Toe Pumps Leather Summer Sweet Shoes.” They fit perfectly (+2 sizes) and the low kitten heels didn’t have a very steep learning curve. I need to find somewhere local that carries size 13 women’s shoes!

Arora

My favourite shoes are my 5 inch stilettos, black suede court shoes and my similarly high black strappy sandals. I now buy my shoes from regular ladies shoe shops (with the help of my wife). I also haves some high heeled black sling back patent leather shoes and a couple of pairs of heels in naked colours.
      I have a couple of pairs of summer wedges (various heel heights).
      I also have some high heel slipper mules, some Ugg boots, flat sandals and several pairs of women gym shoes. I even have a pair of ladies hiking boots!
      I love women’s shoes…all of them. The only ones I’ve not enjoyed wearing are a pair of 6 inch heeled sandals which seemed like a good idea when I got them, but they proved difficult to wear and impossible to walk in.
      I now own more shoes for Christine than men’s shoes for my drab self.
      Shoes and bras, two most essential things in a girl’s wardrobe.
      I re-read this and it sound like a bit of bragging, but what can I do, I love ladies shoes!

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Wearing a heel over 2.5 in. really hurts a foot problem I have. Also any type of stiletto or thin heel is out, I’d break my ankle in no time. So it’s block heels for me. And all of my dress shoes are open-toed or dress sandals. Closed-toe with any kind of heel over 1.0 in. is too uncomfortable.

I love shoes and if it were possible for me I would own hundreds of pairs of all kinds of shoes and boots. I have a few pairs of stilettos that look great in photoshoots but I couldn’t wear them very long or look good walking in them. I do have one pair of Naturalizer sandals with a 4 inch heel that are incredibly comfortable for that kind of shoe and I would buy in more colors but they stopped making it. I don’t go out dressed but my go to shoes around the house are 3.5 inch wedges with a .5 inch platform. I can wear them comfortably all day and there is enough of a heel there to force me to walk and feel like a lady and I love that.

I’ve gotten decently lucky and found a few good shoe sources that I can use and do frequently use now. I’ve gotten a few heels that I enjoy, but my favorite are just a pair of cute slip ons. They are quick, comfy and see the most use by far.

I think flats make my feet look huge. I wear heels or wedges. Three to five inch heels. Heels make your feet look smaller and your legs more feminine. I am a shoe whore I am told. Probably true.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I only wear pumps and platform wedges. I love pumps. So much fun to wear and so exciting to walk in. They’re great leg enhances too.

But I am totally nuts and crazy about platform wedges. How they look is breathtaking. My legs look incredible in them. They are a bit easier to walk in then pumps although you don’t get that awesome click you get from pumps. I just love them.

With the warmer weather coming, I’m so looking forward to wearing them all the time.

Becka
      Lady

love flats and loafers and have several pair. They are easy, comfortable and look great, especially with my capris!

Need more, more colors, looking for a butter yellow pair, and more suede.

Love, love them and wear them most days. If very casual, femme sneakers (trainers for our UK folks!)

love and hugs,
      Becka!

Harriette
        Lady

Love heels, although I am desperate to find a low-heeled, round-toed pump. Found a square-toed size 13 yesterday, but it was too loose. So close!

I hope to never buy flats. As far as I see, they make women’s legs look terrible, so I want to avoid them.

Next are some loafers that don’t stand out too much, but a lot of them seem to have narrow, tapered toe boxes. We’ll see.

Harriette
          Lady

Yesterday, I was in an ECCO store. I have a pair of their men’s shoes and just had them rebuilt. Good shoes.

Now, however, I saw that they had just what I was looking for – a low-heeled, black pump, only with a pointed toe. I asked a sales clerk what the largest size that it came in. She was cagey about answering completely and asked what size I was looking for, instead. I said 44 and then she said that it came in 42 max. At some point here she took a quick glance at my feet / shoes, to size me up.

I have to learn to ask a better question.

Lea
      Lady

Stiletto heels, strappy or pumps, feels good to be a guy who can balance in them, feels sexy, and be even taller.

Flats, they’re so comfortable.

I love heels, I think they are the most feminine shoe along with female boots.  I just bought a pair of sling back open toe semi block heels with a 4″ heel and a pair of black booties with a 1 1/2″ heel.  The latter pair my wife said I could probably wear out dresses in drab and no one would notice, she said the heel is about the same height as a cowboy boot.  I was surprised to hear her say that and will take her up on that at some point.  Getting the new shoes was fun.  It was a spontaneous trip to the shoe store.  We walked around looking at the shoes and when I found some I liked she had me try them on.  I never thought that would happen in a million years.  I tried on a few pair before we found the right size (12W US) and style.

XOXO
      Suzanne

While I absolutely don’t consider my dressing as a fetish, I will admit that I do have a shoe fetish.  I absolutely love heels.  If I could find my size regularly (women’s 13) I could easily be the Emelda Marcos of the cross dressing community!  I suspect some of the younger girls won’t get that.  If not, google Emelda Marcos Shoes.   😉

In male mode, I only have 3 pairs, as Katie however I have about a dozen and could easily triple that if there was room for them. I do have a pair of flats which I wear from time to time, but I just love wearing heels and never get tired of hearing the sound they make when I walk.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?