• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

For anyone who has talked with me at length knows that I have an eight year old son who claims he is a girl. He dresses as a girl 24/7 and denies that he has a penis. His behaviors, attitude, and demeanor are very feminine.

I identify as a heterosexual crossdresser who is married. I don’t not ever want to change my sex as I am happy with my male parts but dressing en femme makes me feel good. I have been out fully dressed in public three times in the last two months. My wife knows I like to wear women’s clothes but doesn’t support me and doesn’t know I have dressed in public. On the other hand she is very open minded and liberal when it comes to our son and very supportive of him.

Recently he has been attending therapy sessions to help him come to terms with his gender identity and to process his ideas, thoughts, and understanding of this new proclamation. His counselor stated it is very rare for an eight year old to make this claim and believes through counseling they will be able to determine if it’s a phase or not. My wife and I believe it’s not a phase.

My question specifically for the transgender population, “What age did you know that you were born in the wrong body and when did you realize what exactly that meant?

Anonymous

I was 11, the first time I went out fully dressed at halloween. I had experimented in my sisters clothes before and she new so she dressed me head to toe for the big night. As soon as I was dressed I knew this was me. After going out I came home and pretended to fall a sleep still dressed so I could spend my first night as Heather.

Anonymous

The counseling agency said that 8 years old is the earliest they have ever diagnosed a child as transgender but they are aware of other rare occurrences where a child received this diagnosis. Thank you for your reply.

Marianne
      Ambassador

At age 6 or 7 I didn’t really fit in with the expected behaviour of the boys and often prayed to God to let me wake up as a girl in my evening prayers. Off course I had no knowledge of transgenderism or transitioning at that time or I would certainly have tried to do so. It was first in my thirties I learnt about the possibilities, and then I was married and had a work that made it unrealistic to transition. I’ve been more or less continously crossdressing since age 12 and regularly go out dressed as a woman since five years. Still wishing to be one.

Anonymous

That’s a great story Marianne. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Erin!  Interesting story………..did your son see you “en femme” and perhaps he thinks that he should emulate you????? I know it is none of my business but I have been studying Psychology and Sexual matters for years and this is unusual. If your son had a sister, I might understand. 8 yrs old, did he exhibit these traits earlier in life? Thank you…….

Lady Veronica

Anonymous

I believe that my daughter always knew she was a girl. It was us as parents who took a long time to get on board in support of her. Once we supported her and encouraged her to express herself in ways that she chose too, she flourished into a transgender child at 8 years old.

The first time I ever dressed, I was eleven, but I knew long before then that I was more comfortable as a girl.  It’s not really a cut and dried issue though.  A child that young claiming to be the opposite gender is not necessarily indicative of them actually wanting to be the opposite gender.  They may be doing it for a myriad other reasons.  For instance, some young boys are exposed more to female role models, and emulate them just because they’re more exposed to them.  Some of these may grow up to be more masculine as they are exposed to more masculine role models.  At that young an age it would be very hard to tell if it was a phase or not.  Just think of all the phases you go through as a child.  Did you have any idea which ones would still be with you ten, twenty, or thirty years down the road?  For me, the “girly” phase never went away, but I know of others where it did.  Only time will tell.

Anonymous

I know it’s not a phase and she knows it’s not a phase. It would be clear to you as well, if you knew this child, that it’s not a phase.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?