Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So, any girls that know me here know that I have grown my nails out quite long. You may also remember that I started a new job building trails. I am a hand finisher for the company so I do manual labor. I cut and move trees, move and place a lot of rocks, and all kinds of stuff with my hands.

After building trails for six weeks, Monday, I told a coworker that I just needed to make it through  Wednesday without breaking a nail because I am going out dressed on Saturday (we had Thursday and Friday off).

Apparently, I jinxed myself. That afternoon, on the way home, I stopped for gas and snapped one clean off on the steering wheel while getting out of the car. That’s the bad obviously.

I went to the drug store on Wednesday and got a set of fakies for that one (and spares for the future). Unfortunately, they didn’t have anything that looked completely natural color wise. So, I got everything I would need to paint them. I did my first nail polish job today and I am totally thrilled. It’s not perfect by any means. But it looks great without a total scrutiny up close.

I used a Hard as Nails base coat, a no light needed gel polish, and a hardening top coat. The fake nail blended in unnoticeable. And they really stand out. They will be quite a conversation topic when I am out in drab because I plan on leaving them painted for a while.

Is that not the luck girl as ive done same thing all week long waiting for weekend so Stephanie could have pretty nails and dang it broke one  ..

Stephanie

I know, right?! But I wouldn’t have painted them had I not put the fake nail on. So, kinda worked out well. I love how they look and keep staring at them.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

My wigs are no heat synthetics.

Hi Mika! Good to see you here. What gel product did you use? I’ve gotten my own nails to the point of not worrying as much about damage, but my wife’s nails are more brittle. I’d be interested in a good gel that didn’t need the light treatment.

Bridgette

Bridgette, I used Sally Hansen Miracle Gel. 2 coats and then 5 minutes drying time. I put it on kinda thick so my drying time was more like 10 minutes.

Anonymous

Sounds like you nailed that problem Mika. I find keeping a base coat on seems to help the nails while at work, but I don’t really have long nails to worry about, but it’s does give a little more protection.

LOL. I definitely walked into that pun, Amanda.

I am lucky enough to have really strong nails. In fact, I had started growing them out for months before I had “the talk” with my wife. They have gotten so long that I have even had to file them down a little bit. Twice in the past 6 months.

In all that time, I never used anything on them. I just kept their long almond shape. When I put that base coat on, OMG. My heart raced at the sight! It was like dressing for the first time or going femme publicly for the first time all over again. I knew immediately that I was going to do the full paint job and, luckily, I already had everything I needed.

** an update **

The glue on my one fake nail was supposed to offer seven day hold. It popped off today but I got back on easily.

Plus, after rocking my long perfectly almond shaped deep red nails for five days, I finally got my first compliment on them. It made my day. She was cute too which made it even better LOL.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?