Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi All,

Pam Ayers is a UK comedic poet. She’s probably a ‘national treasure’ by now. Her stuff is perhaps an acquired taste but three of her better known (spoken) poems are here for you to try, if you want:

https://poetryarchive.org/poet/pam-ayres/

The reason I mention this is I had the luck to see her the other day, and really enjoyed her one hour show (it was a book plug tour really). A little bit of chat, and a selection of poems – she really comes alive in front of an audience, with her gentle smile / laugh a minute stuff.

And the audience, by the way was 95% (dare I say, older) woman – I think they enjoy the playful digs at the male manner, which ring so true to them as patient spouses, but is often unspoken..

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Hi Marti,

You are absolutely right, she is extremely talented, and often doesn’t get the recognition she deserves. What I like about her,  is fame hasn’t changed her, what you see and hear is real,  and she is extremely approachable and down to earth. Love her, think she great.

Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Hi Marti….

Being a bit of a part time poet…I so love her humour…

” Will I have to be sexy at 60 ” is a favourite…..

As my marbles get steadily fewer,

Must I battle to keep my allure?

Have I still got to pout,

Now my teeth have come out,

And my husband has found pastures newer?”….

bloody wonderful stuff………

Grace xx

Anonymous

Sounds like a great gal Would love to see her one day Hope she does some touring in the US. Bet she would do great.

Hugs
      Donna

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I recall her dry wit from my childhood. She always had a mischievous grin when delivering her rhymes – and still does. A lovely lady.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Poet’s Corner’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?