Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Sarah Lee
      Lady

So I went to H.R. yesterday to discuss me coming in on weekends as Sarah. In January  at an off-site  meeting they said we were going to be LGBT inclusive. We are a German owned international company.  Germany is pushing for this. We are nowhere near where they want us to be with this. The lady in HR has Trans friends so she is pushing  for this. I spoke with the supervisors also. I have a direct  line to HR and supervisors. They are 100% behind me. If I have any problems I take a picture of the  person and send it to HR and supervisor.  Yesterday someone was  given a record of discussion for disrespecting someone who is  on HRT. I’m going into work as Sarah today. I barely  slept last night. Worrying, will I have any problems. With the parent company,HR and supervisors support, if I do it won’t be for long. How cool is this ladies? Time to go.

Sarah Lee,

Good for you! Go for it! Just be careful but enjoy every minute of being at work as a woman! I’m very excited for you. Please keep us updated as to how your day goes.

Hugs, Jill

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

First, this is exciting Sarah! I’m happy for you!  Go for it!

It sounds to me like the company has your back.  That’s the good part.  But the framework of protection they’ve created doesn’t change people’s attitudes.  Negative interactions can still happen.  You’ll have to decide how to handle them.  Still, this is good place to be in.  I would encourage you to not tolerate transphobic behavior from coworkers.  Doing so will only encourage them.

One caution though.  I think the direction they gave to take a picture is misguided.  That could easily escalate a tense situation into something worse.  It would be better to quietly remove yourself from the situation and immediately report it to HR.

/EA

Congratulations!  You are fortunate to be in a company that is inclusive.  I worked in the automotive field, about as testosterone filled as possible.  Nothing like your situation would have ever, ever happened.

Sarah Lee
        Lady

We are an automotive supplier,  testosterone filled. Everyone in here knows I’m not someone to mess around with. I’m not easily intimidated.

How things have changed!  I retired 12 years ago. GOOD FOR YOU!

If they mock, slur, laugh or disrespect you hit ‘em up side of the head with your purse🙄😉👍😊

Sarah Lee
            Lady

Tempting idea. I carry a purse/bag every day in femme or not. One of my hobbies is leather crafting so I make hats, purses and bags. I carry a lot of stuff so its got some decent weight to it. If I have any problems  I go straight to one the of the 2 supervisors and HR. I wouldn’t  want to put all that time and effort into making a beautiful  purse, only to have it soiled with some loosers blood.

Congrats Sarah. If you have to work weekends at least you will look good while doing it so rock on!

Sarah, I’m with Michelle 👍Even if you go in on weekends in   ‘Office Casual’….remember to keep your Seams Straight girl !

Hello Sarah
      Relax girl your with a good company they are on your side, most companies are coming around to trans & LGBT people and not allowing discrimination to arise. Hold your head up and be proud show them the real you.
      Sarah xx

Great decision on your part, I’m sure it will all go well and soon nobody will even notice. Congratulations.
      And goos on your company too – very progressive and forward thinking.
      Hugs
      Christine

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

It’s very cool! I wish you the best.

Sarah Lee
      Lady

Update. There wasn’t  a lot going on in the shop today so I’m home already. Most people already know I do this and are cool with it. I was welcomed back with open arms by those that know. Those that didn’t  know were confused at first. Who is that woman? Oh! Hi. I was thanked for being me. Respect was given all around. I did my job like normal and went home. I think this is going to be an every weekend thing now. God this is great. Thank you to all my sisters here on CDH for your love and encouragement.

Hugs and kisses

Sarah

Becka
        Lady

That is so great, Sarah! You are a courageous and beautiful person! Continued luck and love to you!

Becka!

Angela Booth
      Hostess

It is a better world we live in and I have applied for and got three jobs since I retired and never had any issues at all. I am happy that your experience has been positive and that you are treated as you were before.

I would advise you to be tolerant, kind, and discerning. Be your best you. You’ve got this.

Hugs & kisses,
      W.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Have fun and good luck.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?