• Creator
    Topic
    Edelle
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2021
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 14

My best friend is a trans woman whom I’ve known for 20+ years–since before her surgery. We became friends right when she was constantly living with the question of whether she was really passing as a woman. Oh, she was, and I helped her see that. She helped me find myself. We really understood one another, because at that time I was working with a therapist who specializes in trans men & women, and I was seriously considering following my friend’s experience.

After a couple of years of that therapy I felt very grateful to be trans, and I asked the therapist if I should think about surgery. She gave me a wonderfully wise answer: “Edelle, you’re trans all right, but you don’t have to change your body. And I know that you really don’t want to.” “How can you know that when I’m not even sure?” “It’s easy. You’re too much in love with your penis.” “Well, there’s that.” I’ll never forget that moment.

After that, a terrible and complicated legal problem knocked my life completely off the rails, and while I was recovering from that tragedy I repressed my trans woman side because living as Ed, the man I’d always been, was easier and less complicated at the time. I wish I’d had the courage then to stay on the path to being trans and letting my Edelle persona breathe.

I’m trans, but not like my friend. I’m not interested in HRT or surgery. But I am interested in expressing my whole self more–my real self. So Sometimes I say that among LGBTQ people I’m somewhere on the BTQ spectrum. It’s an answer for nosy people, and it’s vague enough to let me continue exploring just who I am. Ed and Edelle are not two people. I love that now, and I’m giving Edelle more space to show up.

I’m reading a excellent book right now, “Sissy” by Jacob Tobia, a brilliant (& funny) gender-fluid person. His story is helping me to appreciate how much societal pressure there is to label ourselves, and just how unhealthy that is.

So here I am, looking for understanding and friendship, AND help in expressing beautiful Ed/Edelle in the best way possible!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jodie Devine
      Lady
      Registered On: December 29, 2021
      Replies: 4

Edelle, the most important things to remember are that:
      1 – there is NO “right” way to be trans
      2 – Being transgendered is NOT a race to see who is “most transgendered”

On another site, the question was posed: “When have you completely transitioned?” There were dozens of responses, many talking about hormones or surgeries, but the answer that struck home, for me, was this:
      “You have fully transitioned when YOU are happy where you are.”

That’s it, period, full stop. When YOU are happy with the person you’ve become, then you’ve fully transitioned.

There is a YouTube Tedx talk that I go back to, again and again for encouragement and inspiration. It is by a Transwoman named CeCe, entitled “The Hardest Thing in the World.” I highly recommend it for viewing.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Raquel Smith
      Lady
      Registered On: August 26, 2021
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 571

Welcome to CDH, Edelle. It’s wonderful that your self-discovery is leading you to happiness. It’s all anyone wants, really. This site has helped me a lot and I hope it does for you, too.

Much,
      Raquel

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Anonymous
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 0

I think can relate to this. I have not had your experiences or pretend I have enough of being Sarah yet to fully understand. I do know I am not keen on sitting in a pigeonhole. The whole point primarily is to be ourselves and try to find that self as pain free as possible. I have already worked out on social media groups that there are splits according to who you consider a true CD or are less uptight and don’t take their fluid interests so seriously. So what I am still working out who I am and probably sharing a bit more special interest or liking a few more subversive photos. But then I find I have never had this need to conform or exclude. It is heart breaking there are these barriers within our world.

Abbie Normal
      Duchess
      Registered On: June 13, 2021
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 663

Hi Edelle,

welcome to CDH. Lots of wonderful women here to chat with. I’m on a similar path though HRT is still something I’m considering and unlike you I only recently realized I was trans though I’d been crossdressing for decades. It’s been an amazing journey so far.

— Abbie 🥰

Edelle
        Lady

!! I love your name…”Normal”…I guess we’re all realated–all members of the Normal’s family.

Stephanie Green
      Lady
      Registered On: October 30, 2021
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 72

Thank you for sharing, Edelle.  Welcome to CDH.

Elise Michelle
      Duchess
      Registered On: January 3, 2018
      Topics: 25
      Replies: 363

Welcome Edelle. You are welcome here no matter where you fall on the spectrum.

Hugs,
      Elise

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Carla Roberts
      Duchess
      Registered On: July 28, 2021
      Replies: 37

Edelle,
      Thank you for sharing. We are all somewhere on this spectrum, and where you want to be is only for you, and any of us to decide. I have followed a somewhat similar path, and am very happy for the experience.
      Hugs
      Carla

Barb Wire
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: September 16, 2021
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 639

Our world is filled with wonderful colours! Even the infrared ones!

Welcome, Edelle!

Hugs, Barb 🙂

Stephanie Bass
      Princess - Annual
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 2793

Hi Edelle what a great intoduction and the story of your life its wonderful and happy you found and joined us girls here we all are supportive and accepting of all who pass thru these doors here at CDH .. So get settled in relax kick off your heels and enjoy yourself its a wonderful journey ..

Stephanie Bass

Angela Booth
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2020
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 772

You do not have to have hormones or surgery to be Trans – Here on the U.K. NHS website it has a good section on transgender.

Edelle
        Lady

That’s exactly what I realized and am still exploring. We need to get the word out that “trans” can mean many things, and all humans are fluid. Thanks

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Marti
      Duchess
      Registered On: February 5, 2019
      Topics: 55
      Replies: 848

Hi Edelle,

What a refreshing perspective! Thanks for posting.

Marti xxx

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Marti.
      7 users thanked author for this post.
      Fredrika Jones
      Lady
      Registered On: February 24, 2021
      Replies: 275

Thar’s a great story. Beyond being human, which, of course, we all are, you are an individual. “Be yourself, and never fear, thus, to be naked to the eyes of others. Yet, know that men so often mask themselves, that what is simple is rarely understood. The dust of truth swirls, and seeks its own cracks of entry, and a tree, falling in the forest, without ears to hear, makes no sound, yet, it falls.”

Welcome to CDH and have a good life.

Hugs and Kisses,
      Fredrika

7 users thanked author for this post.
        Edelle
        Lady

Thar’s a great story. Beyond being human, which, of course, we all are, you are an individual. “Be yourself, and never fear, thus, to be naked to the eyes of others. Yet, know that men so often mask themselves, that what is simple is rarely understood. The dust of truth swirls, and seeks its own cracks of entry, and a tree, falling in the forest, without ears to hear, makes no sound, yet, it falls.”

Welcome to CDH and have a good life.

Hugs and Kisses,
        Fredrika

Frederika, where is that wonderful quote from?

Alice Underwire
      Lady
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 90
      Replies: 4664

Hi Ed,

Welcome to CDH.

Alice

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess
      Registered On: August 14, 2021
      Replies: 990

I believe I am a little more than a CD but not trans.

Hugs, Liara

Edelle
        Lady

Liara, Amen! Me, too, somewhere on the spectrum.

Check out this Ted Talk Jodie recommended:
        It’s by a transwoman named CiCi, entitled “The Hardest Thing in the World.” Don’t miss it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw30yjccnD4

And this wonderful book: “Sissy” by Jacob Tobia

I’m gonna keep recommending these over and over because I think both have powerfully expressed what most of us feel.

Hugs

2 users thanked author for this post.
          Liara Wolfe
          Duchess
          Registered On: August 14, 2021
          Replies: 990

Edelle,

Thanks for sharing that YouTube video. I loved it. Cici was so inspirational.

Hugs, Liara

Edelle
        Lady

Jodie, thank you, thank you, thank you for recommending the Ted Talk by Cici! So encouraging, so truthful. & she is so beautiful–what a smile! And the 2 words of advice are profound.

For anyone reading this reply, here’s the link to the
        Ted Talk Jodie recommended. It’s by a transwoman named CiCi, entitled “The Hardest Thing in the World.” Don’t miss it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw30yjccnD4

While I’m recommending things, I HIGHLY recommend this book: “Sissy” by Jacob Tobia. Like CiCi this author brilliantly traces his journey of self-discovery, which in the end is all about accepting one’s self. I’m finding myself in his words over and over, even though, of course, he is SO different from me.

Jodie Devine
          Lady
          Registered On: December 29, 2021
          Replies: 4

Edelle, I am very happy that you enjoyed CiCi’s TedX talk!
          I’ve rewatched it many times, and still find encouragement from her words. I’m glad that you found some things to take with you from it.

Love & Regards
          Jodie

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account