Viewing 49 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Karla Rogers
      Duchess

Since the first time I shaved my legs, I have been wearing shorts in drab.  The only time I don’t is at family gatherings since they don’t know I cross dress.  It’s mostly to avoid questions that might lead to a conversation that I’m not ready to have with them.  However, going grocery shopping or to doctor’s appointments, I will wear shorts.  After all Louisiana gets rather hot and humid.

I can’t remember how it happened, but during a dermatology appointment the subject came up with the PA.  I simply told her that my wife doesn’t like men who have an over abundance of body hair.  So, as a “joke” to my wife, I shaved everything from the neck down, with the exception of my arms.  I took an electric razor and just buzzed them down.  After all, gg’s do have some hair on their arms and I still do this.  Since she liked it, I just kept doing it.  I was surprised when the PA rubbed part of my leg and commented on how smooth.  The appointment was on a Monday and I had just done my depilation the day before.

I was surprised that the PA opened up that her husband has a lot of hair on his body.  He doesn’t like it and the both of them wish he could do something with it.  I suggested trying a hair removal cream that I use, Nad’s for men.  I also told her to consider an Intense Pulsed Light (IPL).  Eventually this would reduce most of the hair.  She seemed very receptive.  I haven’t queried her on it since.

So, the other day I read a comment on a forum post that got me to thinking.  Now that summer is arriving and the weather will definitely warm up, a couple of questions came to me.  How many of you will continue to shave your legs and then wear shorts while dressed in drab?  The second question is what will you say to someone if they question you about shaving your legs?

Hugs!

Karla

I will always shave my legs and body hair! It is ok for men to do that nowadays! If a friend or family member asks tell them you love the feeling of shaved legs! It is a nice feeling!

Anonymous

I agree totally!!!

I will continue to shave mine too. I have developed a hatred of body hair over the last few years.

I’ve epilated my legs for years and have yet to have anyone ask me if i remove the hair – but if they do ,i will happily explain that use an epilator for smooth legs.

I love showing off my legs in shorts or short dresses / skirts in the warmer months !

Becka
      Lady

I also keep my entire body hairless.

I wear capri length pants all summer, w/shaved legs. Love it! Love the look and feel. Not had any comments from anyone, although my SO does not like it at all. But I do it for me!

Love and hugs!
      Becka!

I keep my legs hairless all summer, and have since before I was out. No one has ever said anything, but if they asked about it, I’d probably just say “thank you for such interest in my legs! I used to shave but now I wax, it’s just so much nicer.” Overshare and people will inevitably back away 🙂 My wife has said she’s sure people have noticed, but nobody really cares. I think people are a lot less interested than you think.

I’ve been getting waxed on my arms, chest, stomach, back, and legs for years (since October 2015). I don’t do my armpits, because when the odor gets bad I have to shave it. I can’t wait for the next waxing. And where I go I have to wear boxer briefs, so under there I have to shave.

I thought people would ask me about it when I first started, particularly in gym class where I was wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts year round. Or during religious prayer service where I have to expose my arm to wrap a religious item around it. No one has said anything. Even family never said anything. My wife (now ex) noticed, but by that time we were more housemates than anything, so her opinion didn’t matter to me.

I was recently in the hospital, and when taking off certain bandages they said it would hurt, I told them I wax so if any hairs got pulled out they would pull out easily. I also told another set of nurses that I wax my chest and stomach, but since it had been a few weeks since I last did it they still had to shave me with an electric razor before surgery.

If anyone would ask why, I would simply say because I like it that way. I don’t have to tell them I’m a crossdresser, or make up an excuse that I bike or swim and need the hair removed, because they would know that’s not true. It would be a polite way of answering their “Why?” with a “Because.”

I had a colleague at work who had an almost hairless body. For him it was because of certain medications he was taking.

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

I do not shave in the summer just to avoid questions during lake and pool season.  I’ve often thought that if I did and someone asked I’d just say I lost a bet with my SO.🤣

From the time I close the pool for the winter in late September, until I open it again in May I stay shaved except for my arms.  Sometimes I thin the hair on my arms as well but my body hair is pretty light anyway so it’s not much of a problem.

💖Lola

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Having left our Australian summer behind for another year, No one ever commented about my hairless arms and legs. That includes all family and friends, with the exception of my beloved SO.

For her, I simply told her two years ago that “in my dotage”, I was sick and tired of all the hair on my “poor old bod”. Now she knows about Caty, “but does not want to know”, so whether of not she “joined the ingrown hair dots”, I do not know.

But once a week I sit in my (powered) storage unit, boil the electric jug and use to two cut down 2 litre plastic milk bottles for my “shaving water,”, one for soaping one for rinsing and “away I go”. To do this at home would make too much mess and then “questions would be asked in the house”

I’ve also used Veet and Nads hair removal cream, but they are very messy and dont do all that much better than shaving.

Too chicken to try waxing or IPL

Happy dressing (and shaving)

Caty.

PS later edit. AS many have said on this great site, once you have shaved your whole “bod” and put stockings on shaved legs or felt the silky sleeves of some summer pj’s, you will never..ever.. go back to being “hairy”

Living as I do in the deep woods of Maine provides an easy excuse.It’s easier to spot ticks on shaven skin.

never wore shorts much anymore anyway since I retired from mens league basketball

Julie
      Lady

No change for me. I only wear female shorts with bathing suits currently.

Meredith
      Lady

I do a lot of bicycling and have taken some nasty falls. Cleaning dirt and gravel from shaved legs is so much easier.  Anyway, no one has ever commented on the shaved legs. I have had a few women notice the clear polish on my toenails with sandals and all were very positive in their comments.  If any men noticed they kept it to themselves.  So, shaved legs,womens sport sandals and shorts in public. Love summer time.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I haven’t had any body hair for several years.  Got laser.  If anyone notices they haven’t said anything.  At this point they’d be more likely to comment on other aspects of my appearance.

/EA

“I swim” is usually ‘nuff said.

Hi Karla

I shave my legs  regularly, and run at least 4 times a week. Never been asked why I shave my legs, but would be totally honest if asked.

I think they look and feel much better shaved, and do it because it’s my body and I want to, simple as that!

B x

I shave my legs in the winter but stop shaving them during sandal season.  I do keep everything else, other than my arms, shaved all year.  This year I have continued to shave my upper thighs as my shorts cover them when I’m in drab.  I would love to keep them shaved all year but would lead to too many questions ( I have a young granddaughter who notices questions everything).  I also get mani-pedi’s throughout the year. In the winter I get color on my toes, during sandal season I’ll do clear.  My fingers get clear all year.  I had a dermatology appointment a couple months ago when my legs were shaved and I had color (pink) on my toes. Neither the Nurse or PA said anything about my shaved legs, the Nurse commented that my toes looked cute and she liked the color.  As time goes on I am getting  braver in what I do and don’t worry as much about what others think.  My wife has become much more accepting and supportive of my dressing.  Who knows what the future may hold.

XOXO
      Suzanne

PS – I do love the feel of shaved legs

I use an epilator on my arms and legs. All year. If anyone were to ask why, I would say, “I saw it, I liked it, I did it. Same reason most of us do anything.”

Besides I’m in my 60s now. I could use the excuse that my testosterone levels have naturally declined. Or I could say I take estrogen supplements to prevent prostate cancer.

Only the people closest to you will probably notice. Even then, they are most likely not going to say anything.

Be you.

Hi, I usually shave my body when in the bath although I am now epilating everywhere lol. I have fine white body hair now so much easier to conceal. As a treat now I am developing as a woman I am in the process of having electrolysis to get rid of my beard as it is the only hair that I have to shave off everyday. Looking forward to finishing that but it will take a while and is a bit painful lol. x

For years I only shaved my legs during the winter months but this will be my second full year of  hairless legs if anyone asks I will tell them poor circulation and age  but so far nobody has mentioned anything about my smooth legs. Last summer my wife said wow I think I have more hair on my legs than you do I just blamed it on aging my wife is a smart lady so she probably has her suspicions (I wish I had the courage to tell her). Now I actually feel pressure to keep my legs hair free and smooth how would I explain the hair coming back if I didn’t shave my legs to begin with?

Damed if you do, damed if you don’t.

(See what I did there?)

Recently shaved my legs in total for the first time (usually shave from knees up for smooth thighs and bottom), my wife kinda liked it.  As I get older years of wearing pants, and all winter in long underwear there really is not much left anyway. So I plan on keeping it up and wearing shorts.

Christy
      Lady

I shave everywhere, all year long. Have for many years. The only exception is in the winter when I tend to get a little lazy, but summertime, I stay on top of it.

I’ve been asked a couple of times, and said something to the effect of “I just like it”, sort of dismissively.

Hardly ever happens that someone asks me, but due to age, my leg hair is spotty anyway, and my arm hair has always been light.

I have had the same experience as you, nobody ever notices my hairfree legs and I have never had it questioned even though I play badminton a lot in the Winter months wearing shorts mostly.

J J
      Lady

I have shaved my legs (or waxed, epilated, etc) for 30+ years, and wear shorts daily all year (southern California). I have had a total of three or four questions in all that time and two compliments. It just is not a significant issue. I started because I raced bicycles, but my wife (and I) prefers them smooth, so I continue and have since remove nearly all body hair. I recently started removing underarm hair and got no complaints from my wife, so have continued for 3-4 months now.

Unfortunately, as I age my sexy, toned, tanned legs have lost some of their appeal, but that is just about the rest of me as well.

Having silky, smooth legs (and other body parts!) is a great personal thrill. My wife shaves me for our own pleasure and we have reached the age where we don’t really give a rat’s elbow what others think.

If anyone says anything, I just smile and ask if they are interested they should give it a try.

I’ve been shaving completely for the last 10-12 years. I always hated being hairy and trimming wasn’t worth the effort. Now, being smooth all over is just second nature and I don’t even think about who might notice.

Harriette
      Lady

I am working on getting rid of as much as possible and I just bought a few pairs of women’s shorts with typical 2-3″ cuffs. Here we go, ⛱️🌞 will be here soon.

I will have to practice a quip, such as “I have great 🦵 and want to show them off!”, if anyone asks.

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Karla, I’ve never liked hairy so I’ve either waxed or shaved for years but out of courtesy for others, I don’t wear shorts. My legs are so white I don’t feel it right to blind others.

Sherri

Karla Rogers
        Duchess

I hear ya Sherri!  My legs are so white I should put out a warning for everyone to don their sunglasses.

Hugs

Petra Sue
      Lady

Saying swimming is the reason for shaving can be a little bit of a trap.  I swam through college and still swim on a masters swim team.  Swimmers really only shave for the biggest meets of the year.  Being pretty hairy, if I shaved at the “wrong” time of year, people I swim with would notice.  Could I say my SO likes it?  Certainly, and as a bonus, it’s true.

Karla Rogers
        Duchess

Petra, I can honestly say that my SO likes it as well.

Hugs

Hi Karla
      I have been completely hairless for three years plus now, I had a sarcastic remark from my wife the other week who claims to have never noticed and I was up to no good. No body else has ever commented or not took any notice.
      Sarah xx

shaved legs are not anyone’s business. If anyone asks, tell them that you like the look and feel of shaved legs and that hairy legs are gross. it is as simple as that. I can’t believe that we are still talking about this is 2023.

Harriette
        Lady

“Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.“ Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr, 1849

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

SexxyGrl
        Lady

Wife don’t accept it at all :/

Karla,

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I do quite a bit of cycling, so I use that as an excuse for why I’ve shaved my legs (not that I had much hair before anyway – and its fairly dubious whether it really has any effect on cycling performance!).

However, I don’t think people are that bothered about this kind of thing now. For example, shaved/waxed chests for men are pretty common, and I would be quite happy to say to someone who commented that I just don’t like body hair.

Katie D

I still shave my legs and chest in the summer months and I’ve never had any comments whilst wearing shorts but if I did I would reply that I don’t like hair especially now that it is greying, plus I suppose I am lucky being a natural blonde it doesn’t show as much either. I have noticed that the older I’ve got the less or slower it comes back.

My legs have been kept smooth for probably 10 years now. I never really had a lot on my legs so it wasn’t a total shock when I took the rest off of them . I’ve had many people comment on them with men and women. Been asked my times do you wax or shave? Some I’ll just ignore and some I tell them I shave from my head to my toes.

I have very little body hair and no leg hair. The result is that I have never had to shave anything.

I will definitely continue to shave my legs. I honestly don’t think anybody really ever notices but it makes a world of difference to me especially when I go out. Like I wanna wear my skirts out!

Nancy
      Lady

I absolutely do, as a matter of fact, I try to keep them as smooth as possible during the summer. Once I started shaving my legs, I never want to even have stubble on them, I love smooth legs. Drab shorts are mostly down to the knees or close to it these days. If anyone asks, I simply don’t like being hairy. But honestly, nobody cares anyway. Last summer, I was feeling brave one day and wore short shorts to give blood. The phlebotomist was noticing my legs and asked if I shave them. I told her yes. And she told me that they look great. I was on cloud nine after the compliment. 🙂 So I really don’t worry about the shaving thing now. And once I can afford it, I’d love to have the hair permanently removed. But for now, daily shaving will have to do.

Nancy

Harriette
        Lady

“Drab shorts are mostly down to the knees or close to it these days.”

I bought a bunch of femme shorts, recently. I haven’t worn any of them in public yet, but I am dying to show off my shaved 🦵🦵! They are gloriously short!

Anonymous

Last year I shaved my legs late into the summer. A few times, when at the pool with friends or neighbors, they would ask why I shaved my legs. I would tell them it is because I do spin classes and cycling. (which I do) My wife didn’t much like the feeling of me having smooth and silky legs, so I let it grow back in the spring. I will shave them again for the winter months. Nothing like freshly shaven legs.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I have been shaving my legs for almost 3 years now. First couple of weeks I only shaved below the knees, after that I shaved them all the way. wearing shorts at work all summer I was never asked about my legs. now most people would never see my legs since I have my nails done most of the time. I have told about 6 to 10 people at work that I CD or am trans??? ( I’m not sure???). Most everyone else suspects or through rumors have been told. AND I DON’T CARE.

. Cassie

[quote quote=738825]“Drab shorts are mostly down to the knees or close to it these days.”[/quote]

And that applies to the shore/beach swim wear. It always amazes me that women can wear the skimpiest bikini, and often no top, while men have swim wear down to the knees and even lower; even in the UK and Europe. Where did that come from? When I as growing up, in the UK in the 50/60s, now in the US, a speedo was fine for boys and men. But then they were not. What happened? Did small male suits get linked to being gay?; nothing against gays or any other section of society. Something happened. Personally I am a social nudist and have not worn a swim suit for fifty or more years. Best, Marlene.

Harriette
        Lady

I don’t know either, but I am certainly not interested in wearing them.

Nancy
        Lady

I assume it’s just another fashion trend that will change over time anyway. I grew up watching Magnum PI, and his shorts certainly weren’t that long. 🙂 Yeah, I absolutely hate this trend as well. Why can’t men’s fashion get skimpier like women’s has? Or, frankly, just let clothes be clothes, and stop assigning gender to pieces of fabric all together.

Karla Rogers
          Duchess

I liked the shorts like you describe from Magnum P.I. as well.  The dumbest look over the last few years were the baggy “shorts” that were almost down to the ankle.  At that point they’re not shorts anymore.  When I shop for shorts to wear while in drab, I look for the ones that are above the knee as much as possible.  My wife says I have great looking legs so I may as well show them off as much as possible!

AnnaBeth Black
          Duchess - Annual

Oh wouldn’t that be great!

Lynda Jones
        Baroness - Annual

I have several pr of shorts from the 70″ with 5″ inseam. I refuse to wear long shorts. Going to wear shorts all summer, an I do mean short, shorts.
        When someone comments on my legs I respond so are you wanting to feel my Legs? This will shut them up and some evan with a red face. HA HA
        Lynda

Karla Rogers
          Duchess

Ha Ha!  Love that response.

When somebody comments that my legs are nice, I answer: “Thank you. I’m quite attached to them.” Best, Marlene.

I am hair free from head to toe. To me body hair is gross! I wear shorts and often people will comment on my smooth legs. 99% good, and there’s always that one or two close minded person to make a wise crack. If you don’t like it,don’t look or comment!!

When I was younger my legs were pretty hairy and the only time I would shave them was during the cooler months. Now I’m in my 60’s and my legs like my head don’t have much hair on them anymore….    LOL

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I first shaved my legs at 17 when I began going out femme and wearing pantyhose. Hair crushed under pantyhose did not look good.

When I first looked at my legs with no hair on them, they looked strange, but when I put pantyhose on, I was blown away. My legs looked and felt incredible. I had sexy girls legs. I haven’t had hair on them since.

In all those years, only my sister noticed I didn’t have hair on my legs, or she is the only one who commented on it. I used to work out at gym regularly, and a lot of the guys removed their body hair. I also rode with a bike club and many of the guy riders shaved their legs too. In fact, the guys with hairy legs were called Freds.

I just told her the guys I work out with at the gym all shave their legs and body hair. It shows dedication and commitment.

I didn’t tell her it’s so my legs look sexy in my pantyhose, little shorts and platform wedge heels when I go out in my Daisy Duke attire,even though she had seem me wearing pantyhose and other femme things when we were growing up at home.

Harriette
        Lady

“In fact, the guys with hairy legs were called Freds.”

Ha ha! In all of my years in the 🚲 business and as a novice racer, I had never heard that.

Patty Phose
          Duchess

Maybe it was just this group, but I heard it used elsewhere by other dedicated cyclists. I enjoyed it but not obsessed with it like others were. The right look, the right bike, the right riding attire. Took the fun out if it.

J J
      Lady

I suspect that anybody with hairy legs has never had the joy and pleasure of slipping on sheer nylon stockings over freshly shaven and moisturized legs. If they had, they would never let hair grow again…I know I won’t. It is simply one of the most sensual pleasures this world has ever known.

Harriette
        Lady

Hear, hear!

(You need two hears with this one. 😁)

I keep my legs shaved all year. I live in southeast Texas and wear shorts all summer. I make trips to the grocery store, hardware store, and other places. I never had anybody comment on it. I never really thought about what I would say if someone did. I just know that the older I get the less I care what other people think…. If only I would have had this attitude when I was younger.

Harriette
        Lady

I like the challenge of, “Do you want to feel them?”

Sounds interesting…

I have been shaving my armpits and legs for years. People used to ask me all the time about shaving my legs. I just told him I didn’t like that hair now people stop asking me about my legs but it did take a while. My wife hates it when I shave my legs, but I just now tell her that I don’t like them with all the hair and that’s its my body , I love them smooth . for me it’s not embarrassing anymore., I wish I could figure out how to get rid of the hair in my face that would be next, thanks for your story I do feel your pain

I have been shaving my armpits and legs for years. People used to ask me all the time about shaving my legs. I just told him I didn’t like that hair now people stop asking me about my legs but it did take a while. My wife hates it when I shave my legs, but I just now tell her that I don’t like them with all the hair and that’s its my body , I love them smooth . for me it’s not embarrassing anymore., I wish I could figure out how to get rid of the hair in my face that would be next, thanks for your story I do feel your pain, PS and when it comes to shorts, and when I can get away with it, I love my shorts short , and I love them white, and I wear a gaff that shapes my privates like a vagina it looks fantastic,. good article.

down here in louisiana , alot of straight men have no hair on legs or arms. all of them look very smooth. dont know how they do it but i do the same plus pits and nobody has ever said a word

i just started using anIPL device on my face and moustache area as well as legs. hate the shaving. sofar working pretty good.

it has definitly slowed it down i those areas

I’ve been shaving my legs for years. I live in FL so it’s always shorts weather here. I can only think of two occasions that somebody asked about them.
      Once, I was getting a pedicure, which includes a very nice washing and Lotioning of my legs from the knee down. The tech asked if I shaved one time. I said yes and that was the end of it.

The second time, I was getting a massage. That’s something I do once every month or two. The tech was working on my upper legs and asked if I shaved. I said yes, because I dislike the hairy look. She was fine with that she only asked because she wanted to point out I had missed a spot. 🙂

My take is most people don’t even notice and if they do they don’t say anything. I’ve been shaving my legs and armpits for years now and I’ve only had one person say something about my legs. No one has ever mentioned my armpits. I’m a boating person and people see ke in shorts and no shirt all the time. No comments ever.

Hmm. I didn’t see any comments to match my situation. About 20 years ago, my legs basically went bald. I still have a few little spots that I need to shave, but it takes longer to search for those hairs than it takes to then clean them up.

Unfortunately, I still have hair pretty much everywhere else. I will shave my arms and shoulders, but thankfully that hair is somewhat blond. It’s thickest and darkest on my torso – that’s a fight I have not tried to take on yet.

Harriette
        Lady

I shaved my chest hair, recently. This will not be an easy battle to win. When the hair grows back, it makes me like a porcupine grabbing my clothes.

Harriette, I had the same issue hated the chest hair stubble but over time I’ve eliminated it with my epilator this will take time but it’s definitely worth the effort.

I have been shaving my legs for nearly a decade and will only stop if I can no longer bend over to reach my legs. If I could at this point, I would get full body permanent hair removal to avoid all the constant trimming and shaving. I hate having body hair. Every once in a while I will get asked if  I shave my legs, and I always reply yes. I tend to say because I simply do not like having body hair and that ususlly ends the conversation. I would shave my body a few weeks, but my skin is sensitive and gets a rash every time.

Jennifer I have the same problem when I shave below and my chest area, I found Vaseline with pure cocoa butter helps with that great. I use Nair down below and put that on right away and it keeps it from getting a rash, the same as my chest area.

Thank you for those tips, I will definitely take a look at them. Here’s to a bump free summer!

I also have sensitive skin in a some of the areas where I shave (thighs and bikini mostly). Being careful not to shave the same area multiple times, going with the hair in those areas and using lotion after seems to make things a bit easier but, it isn’t always fool proof so I’ve looked into other options.

I’ve been using an IPL everywhere for the last few months. It can be a bit time consuming but so worth it. My wife had professional laser hair removal years ago, but she has a couple of missed spots that we cleaned up too, so it is something we do together every Tuesday.

This will be my first summer with smooth legs and arms. Not really to concerned about what folks may say really but it will be interesting if anyone notices or says anything.

Well, I’m not that hairy in the first place – bar my head, chin and armpits!  Mind, I don’t wear shorts when I’m dressed as a boy – and only wear them as Holly when I’m also wearing tights.  Got to admit, however – tights, high heels and shorts is one of the hottest looks possible!  Holly XXX

J J
      Lady

Check out some of the products from European Wax centers, they help a lot.

Harriette
      Lady

I use IPLs and never had one ingrown hair from it directly. If you tidy up using a blade, then you can still get them, at least with the coarsest ones.

Creams also do a great job, but… You know, chemicals.

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?