Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have been shaving my chest and abdomen lately but it has become a daily chore as the stubble comes up quickly. What if any is the difference between waxing and using hair removal products? I have fair sensitive skin so I am a little cautious about using either one but would like to know if one was better at keeping off body hair? Shaving every day is a pain.

I started laser hair removal at a spa. Started with full Brazilian. It is kinda painful but worth it to me. Then when I told my wife I wanted to do my chest but it was so expensive,  she bought me an at home laser ipl. Been using it for a while now. It doesn’t permanently remove hair. But it does eliminate alot of hair and slows growth big time. Check out amazon and do some research. Mine cost about $200.

Thanks Stephanie. I would love to do IPL but unfortunately most of my hair is gray now and IPL won’t work for gray hair. 😒

[postquote quote=399048]
      I didn’t know that. Thanks for saving me some money!

Yeah I found out IPL doesn’t work on any light color hair specifically blond, red, grey, and white. It uses lasers to heat up the dark pigment in the hair and burn it down to the root. Those light colors have no dark pigment to heat.

Look up epilating.
      Hair removal creams were hell on my skin, but epilating my entire body now takes me about 40 mins once a week. Those first few times were pretty unpleasant though……….. just sayin’

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

I would go with waxing first, I use to have it done once a month and the results were better than expected. The hair takes longer to grow back and when it does it’s much finer and less of it. The key is to find someone who is good and works on men and you feel comfortable with. I just loved the way I felt with such smooth skin. There is some swelling the day after but that goes away. Unfortunately my waxer stopped waxing so I’m back to using an electric razer, it takes about 5 minutes before I shower and I’m good with it. Still nothing like the feel though of a waxed body.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

Did try epilating but it was a total failure for me. Dunno if it was the device or what but besides being very painful (you do after all pull out each hear with the root) it didn’t work!
      I look at my hairy chest, run it over a several times and see it pulled out 5-10 hairs (in the sing) while the rest was still stuck. Took a very close look on one specific hair and could see how it started pulling and then lost the grip.

Have also tried IPL but I guess the lamp I use is to weak, not doing much if anything to regrowth and I do have black hair on white skin.

/kt

Sutekina
      Lady

I have never found any hair removal products that work. But, on the other hand, those are chemicals you are putting on your skin. I don’t recommend it.

Waxing is great, even with sensitive skin. You might have hives initially, but that’s expected whether you have sensitive skin or not. With waxing, you are doing something intrusive to your body. If you can bear the pain, I recommend you give it two or three tries before you give up on this method. Once your body gets used to having an invasive procedure, your skin should adapt to the process. But…

Waxing is not permanent. If you wax every 6-8 weeks, you’ll find the hair has thinned enough in 3 years after which you can wax every 4-6 months and you will do that for the rest of your life. Laser is permanent. More expensive, but you can expect permanent results doing laser every 8 weeks up to 2 years. Higher cost initially, but there’s an end date which in the long-term, will be cheaper than waxing. Laser hurts more, but has lasting results.

Anonymous

I have tried everything over the years i had thick dark hair fast growing bain of my life

I have shaved waxed used creams epilated and finally IPL “Intense Pulsed light” same as laser.

IPL is bloody grate having thick hair I had constant ingrown hairs, stubble rash and god knows what before, It dose take an age to do but it does work if you have dark hair and light skin, and I can say long term I did mine over five years ago and its not come back yet.

You do need to do it regularly I think i was doing it every 3 weeks it goes on the growth cycle of the hair, the thicker your hair the more treatments needed, I think I did this for around 10 months, you also need to shave in between treatments and just before a treatment.

What i did and suggest anyone else do is ebay a used one, so many people buy them without a clue of how they work or realise the effort needed to do this and pretty much sell them five minutes after buying them or after leaving them in the back of a cupboard for a year with very little use, I got three by the time I finished a boots a remington and a philips i think and i’m sure i didn’t pay more than £100 for all three

If you do buy one tho do a little research on which one, there are cheap ones that aren’t quite as good as others, some as the boots one i got first are extremely slow to use and some much faster but its the light intensity you need more than speed of use.

One word of caution tho IF you decide to use IPL only do it if your adamant you want to get rid of the hair for good. If you change your mind halfway through or cant be bothered to finish you will in no doubt end up with patches of hair free areas.

Claire xx

Dani CD
      Lady

Hi Maria, waxing over shaving any day, just remember to exfoliate regular to keep those nasty ingrown’s at bay, try and get a professional to do it for you if you can there product’s and experience is a lot kinder to the skin. I’m lucky my wife does my back and chest, I just can’t talk her into doing my legs. Dani👩🏻‍🔧

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?