- 0-10 inch
- 10 to 15 inch
- 15 to 20 inch
- 20 to 30 inch
- over 30 inch (is that really possible) ??
- i never wear wigs (does not apply to me)
- Other (please specify in comments below)
- May 24, 2019 at 1:13 pm #180225
Fiona-Ann MossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 330Replies: 1139Has thanked: 2866 timesBeen thanked: 2110 times
Hi Girls, ok now obviously, this only applies to those of us who wear wigs. How long is the hair on your wig? measuring from the top to the bottom? I have two Blonde wigs, one is 18″ the other is 24″. So! come on girls! how long or short are your wigs?
- June 24, 2019 at 10:13 am #192786sophie tilsonParticipantRegistered On: October 21, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 29Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 51 times
Got all lengths – love them all. Like to try to look boyish in a pixie wig and really long blonde wigs and a Marilyn wig. My favorite is a short bob
- June 23, 2019 at 9:28 pm #192678
- June 11, 2019 at 3:19 am #184594Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 619Has thanked: 268 timesBeen thanked: 741 times
I love my long hair wigs and love having long hair. But many times I have caught them on things. I never had it come off but I do have to watch for things sticking out on walls or when sitting, things of furnitue where they can get caught and stuck.
They are my special occasions hair when I feel really pretty and want to push the sexy look a bit. Otherwise I wear mostly shoulder length hair.
- June 6, 2019 at 2:58 pm #183407Annie PottsParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 62Has thanked: 70 timesBeen thanked: 110 times
I have two longish wigs and a short wig. I posed the question comparing them in one of my public photos, side by side. The consencus wa the longer was better. I felt the short made me look older and I want to be youngish and feminine. Check out my pic and give me your opinion. I am in a black dress with blue flowers.
- June 4, 2019 at 9:33 pm #182921Rachel ToniParticipantRegistered On: April 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 39Has thanked: 32 timesBeen thanked: 49 times
Why limit yourself? I live wigs – and have everything from ashort blonde bob to brown mid-length to flowing, bouncy mixed colour.
The way I see it, I don’t have the luxury of changing my hair style every few months so it is a great short cut. Plus it can really reflect my mood. If I am feeling sensible or like a professional girl with pencil skirt and work blouse then my brunette mid-length suits me. If I want to go a bit trashy then the peroxide blonde comes out.
- May 28, 2019 at 9:54 pm #181353
- May 27, 2019 at 8:20 am #180949Sherri RemingtonParticipantRegistered On: August 8, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 7Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 11 times
My hair is below my shoulders and still trying to grow it out even longer, but it seems every time I go get it cut they cut to much off. When I bring it up I do get a sorry and finally the last time after the first cut I brought up how much longer my hair was and how much I liked it and the response was “glad you said something, was about to cut quite a bit of it off”. So now I think I’m winning.
- May 26, 2019 at 2:23 pm #180738Tiffany AlexisFounderRegistered On: March 28, 2019Topics: 29Replies: 664Has thanked: 999 timesBeen thanked: 1213 times
I only have two, what I think of as tiff 1.0 and tiff 2.0. 1.0 is the one in most of my pics, just past my shoulders. 2.0 is the one in my out in the quarter pic, it’s around 25 inches and touches the middle of my back (I’m kinda tall lol). I love long hair, and I think it frames me better than short. Plus, I love the red 😉
- May 25, 2019 at 7:05 pm #180582Valerie BirdParticipantRegistered On: March 23, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 29Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 57 times
I think it’s 24.” It’s butt-length in the back, on me, which is just fine.
- May 25, 2019 at 4:20 pm #180545Jasmine FletcherParticipantRegistered On: September 7, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 295Has thanked: 155 timesBeen thanked: 421 times
I go for around 20″ just past the shoulders. That length seems to frame my face best without being over long. I have tried a shorter bob style but I didn’t like the resulting look.
I grew my hair to over 30″ long when I was in my 20s. If I tilted my head back the hair tickled my bottom. I wish I still had that now!
- May 25, 2019 at 7:37 am #180413KristaParticipantRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 98Has thanked: 30 timesBeen thanked: 186 times
Hi Fiona, I answered “other”. I have two wigs (both in the 15 to 20 inch category) but I stopped wearing them a couple of years ago after I retired. I haven’t cut my hair in over two years so my hair is now between 20 to 30 inches long. It is so much nicer to have natural long hair and not to have to worry about wigs (but I understand not everyone is as lucky as me – no longer working at a job that requires short hair as in my pre-retirement days). I am sure my natural long hair is one key in helping me pass regularly. And nothing compares to natural hair color. On some people, the wig color is a dead giveaway that it is a wig (or a really, really bad hair dye job). But I won’t get rid of my wigs. Who knows what will happen in the future and going back to wearing a wig may become necessary again. Fingers crossed I won’t need that for many years to come. Hugs, Krista.
- May 25, 2019 at 10:27 am #180465*skippy1965(Cynthia)AmbassadorRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 108Replies: 1185Has thanked: 404 timesBeen thanked: 834 times
Same here Krista! I had(well still have) over 200 wigs in my closets of all lengths-though I prefer long hair the most. But I too let my own natural hair grow out and its about 18-20 inches long now-shooting for another 4-6 inches of length. I’ll eventually give away most of my wigs keeping a few of my faves!
- May 25, 2019 at 7:33 am #180412Michelle LaFemParticipantRegistered On: June 21, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 39 timesBeen thanked: 21 times
I have 5 and they are all light blond. One short (which I almost never wear) and the other four 18” which make me fee so feminine. I’m 64 and literally missed my young girl years and the wigs I love are not age appropriate but it’s now or never, and now wins.
- May 25, 2019 at 6:05 am #180390Michelle WilmingtonParticipantRegistered On: April 17, 2017Topics: 7Replies: 79Has thanked: 177 timesBeen thanked: 195 times
I’ve never really measured any of my wigs top to bottom but I feel I look best with a long wavy or soft curl wig at least shoulder length or a bit more. I have a large round face and broad shoulders, so anything that hides that works best for me. I don’t think an extremely long wig would work for me as I’m an older CD and consider that to be a style best suited for younger gurls!
- May 25, 2019 at 2:55 am #180341EmilyParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 8Replies: 269Has thanked: 822 timesBeen thanked: 341 times
I have a collection of assorted colors and styles. I can change to suit the occasion or just my mood. It’s worth the investment to get wigs made with real human hair as well.
- May 24, 2019 at 6:00 pm #180278AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 169Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 197 times
My fave is black (looks best on me), but I can rock the ombres too, and they are usually expressly called for the majority of shoots that are High Fashion. I’m not as bad as Dolly, but I do have (perhaps) too many. 21 of them to be precise, yet they are all lace wigs, fit beautifully, and are styled for each set of outfits that I keep hoarding. 🙂 Can’t do Red, but red with black ‘tracers’ or ombre with black tips looks far better (to a camera anyway), than it sounds! I wear the shorter wigs far less often, and this is because long hair can be used to cover your shoulders, making them appear to be far smaller, and if you hold your shoulders back (and stand erect!) …you’ll def appear to be femme (for that much).
***And, for the record, I’ve been asked how to go about determining what is femme and/or how to dress like a “femme-fatale.” That’s easy! Just check out real girls on any site that has them. Pinterest always has a large bevy of beauties (and ones that make trains stop dead and take dirt roads)! 🙂 Find someone with the same general features as yourself (or pick from her and then her, and then HER), and you’ll be shocked at the results. *You can’t learn to dress like a woman from a CD unless they’ve years experience! Women? They’ve been doing it since Day One! Simple (usually). 🙂
Thank you all for enduring my ‘fabulous flying fingers!” lol…. hugz….
- May 24, 2019 at 3:47 pm #180259ChristinajaneParticipantRegistered On: October 9, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 13Has thanked: 17 timesBeen thanked: 14 times
I try to look as feminine as possible without a wig then when you put it on its gunna really work. I have 3 blonde and a brunette – short bob, wavy mid length with dark roots looks natural and a longer blonde still with some wave – long brunette – love them all but mid length is my go to. Fair skin makes blonde better on me.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.