• This topic has 27 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls, ok now obviously, this only applies to those of us who wear wigs. How long is the hair on your wig? measuring from the top to the bottom? I have two Blonde wigs, one is 18″ the other is 24″. So! come on girls! how long or short are your wigs?

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

I try to look as feminine as possible without a wig then when you put it on its gunna really work. I have 3 blonde and a brunette – short bob, wavy mid length with dark roots looks natural and a longer blonde still with some wave – long brunette –  love them all but mid length is my go to. Fair skin makes blonde better on me.

Anonymous

My fave is black (looks best on me), but I can rock the ombres too, and they are usually expressly called for the majority of shoots that are High Fashion.  I’m not as bad as Dolly, but I do have (perhaps) too many.  21 of them to be precise, yet they are all lace wigs, fit beautifully, and are styled for each set of outfits that I keep hoarding.  🙂   Can’t do Red, but red with black ‘tracers’ or ombre with black tips looks far better (to a camera anyway), than it sounds!  I wear the shorter wigs far less often, and this is because long hair can be used to cover your shoulders, making them appear to be far smaller, and if you hold your shoulders back (and stand erect!) …you’ll def appear to be femme (for that much).

***And, for the record, I’ve been asked how to go about determining what is femme and/or how to dress like a “femme-fatale.”  That’s easy!  Just check out real girls on any site that has them.  Pinterest always has a large bevy of beauties (and ones that make trains stop dead and take dirt roads)!  🙂  Find someone with the same general features as yourself (or pick from her and then her, and then HER), and you’ll be shocked at the results.  *You can’t learn to dress like a woman from a CD unless they’ve years experience!  Women?  They’ve been doing it since Day One!  Simple (usually).  🙂

Thank you all for enduring my ‘fabulous flying fingers!”   lol….  hugz….

Emily
      Lady

I have a collection of assorted colors and styles. I can change to suit the occasion or just my mood. It’s worth the investment to get wigs made with real human hair as well.

I’ve never really measured any of my wigs top to bottom but I feel I look best with a long wavy or soft curl wig at least shoulder length or a bit more. I have a large round face and broad shoulders, so anything that hides that works best for me. I don’t think an extremely long wig would work for me as I’m an older CD and consider that to be a style best suited for younger gurls!

I have 5 and they are all light blond.  One short (which I almost never wear) and the other four 18” which make me fee so feminine. I’m 64 and literally missed my young girl years and the wigs I love are not age appropriate but it’s now or never, and now wins.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Fiona, I answered “other”.  I have two wigs (both in the 15 to 20 inch category) but I stopped wearing them a couple of years ago after I retired.  I haven’t cut my hair in over two years so my hair is now between 20 to 30 inches long.  It is so much nicer to have natural long hair and not to have to worry about wigs (but I understand not everyone is as lucky as me – no longer working at a job that requires short hair as in my pre-retirement days).  I am sure my natural long hair is one key in helping me pass regularly.  And nothing compares to natural hair color.  On some people, the wig color is a dead giveaway that it is a wig (or a really, really bad hair dye job). But I won’t get rid of my wigs.  Who knows what will happen in the future and going back to wearing a wig may become necessary again.  Fingers crossed I won’t need that for many years to come. Hugs, Krista.

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

Same here Krista! I had(well still have) over 200 wigs in my closets of all lengths-though I prefer long hair the most. But I too let my own natural hair grow out and its about 18-20 inches long now-shooting for another 4-6 inches of length. I’ll eventually give away most of my wigs keeping a few of my faves!
        Cyn

Brielle
          Lady

200!!! OMG!! You must need a closet just for them. I can see that many shoes or dresses, but Lordy, I’d never figure out which one I wanted to wear!

You go Gurl!

Brielle

Anonymous

I go for around 20″ just past the shoulders.  That length seems to frame my face best without being over long.  I have tried a shorter bob style but I didn’t like the resulting look.

I grew my hair to over 30″ long when I was in my 20s.  If I tilted my head back the hair tickled my bottom.   I wish I still had that now!

I think it’s 24.” It’s butt-length in the back, on me, which is just fine.

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

My hair is below my shoulders and still trying to grow it out even longer, but it seems every time I go get it cut they cut to much off. When I bring it up I do get a sorry and finally the last time after the first cut I brought up how much longer my hair was and how much I liked it and the response was “glad you said something, was about to cut quite a bit of it off”. So now I think I’m winning.

I go for 20-30 inch. I think, the longer, the more feminine. I tried shorts too, but personally I like the longer better

Why limit yourself? I live wigs – and have everything from ashort blonde bob to brown mid-length to flowing, bouncy mixed colour.

The way I see it, I don’t have the luxury of changing my hair style every few months so it is a great short cut. Plus it can really reflect my mood. If I am feeling sensible or like a professional girl with pencil skirt and work blouse then my brunette mid-length suits me. If I want to go a bit trashy then the peroxide blonde comes out.

Anonymous

I have two longish wigs and a short wig.   I posed the question comparing them in one of my public photos, side by side.    The consencus wa the longer was better.   I felt the short made me look older and I want to be youngish and feminine.   Check out my pic and give me your opinion.  I am in a black dress with blue flowers.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I love my long hair wigs and love having long hair. But many times I have caught them on things. I never had it come off but I do have to watch for things sticking out on walls or when sitting, things of furnitue where they can get caught and stuck.

They are my special occasions hair when I feel really pretty and want to push the sexy look a bit. Otherwise I wear mostly shoulder length hair.

I’ve grown out my own hair.  It’s currently about 18 inches.

Got all lengths – love them all. Like to try to look boyish in a pixie wig and really long blonde wigs and a Marilyn wig. My favorite is a short bob

I have my one wig that can be seen in my profile photo.

Anonymous

Currently, I have 3; the first two are considered Medium, and don’t quite reach my shoulders. The third, which I have grown to love, is a short style, fluffy, but just below the neck line. It also happens to be the same as almost all the GG in my age range wear their hair, and I think it suits me best.

Anonymous

21-24″ seems to suit me best – I’ve tried everything from bobs to super long, curly and straight, but a slight wave in a blondeish or auburn colour seems to be the only thing that works with my face!

Glad to have some options – for a change! Extra curls for going out is a must for me, but straight with a wave for daytime.

Love Laura

I plan to buymy first one soon. I want the length to be where the hair just barely covers my nipples.

Most of my wigs are shoulder length.

I have 2 that are really long, one with curls and one that is straight.  I try to wear the straight one but it really doesn’t look great on me, mainly due to the fact that it has no height, no curls, and it looks like a guy with long hair.

Another reason I stick with shoulder length is that it is easier to comb out.

Have a dozen wigs of various styles and lengths. I love my curly shoulder length hair in auburn that I wear with a partial high ponytail framing my face or with headbands or hair clips to feel girly. At my age though I go more into public with shorter wigs like a cleo or bob along with a professional woman’s business suit with pencil skirts. At tg events though you will see me in shoulder length with bangs

Brielle
      Lady

I have 3 wigs now and one I tossed, but now wish I hadn’t. I have a long, blonde wig that is in my profile picture, a short page boy auburn wig, and a long, straight brown/auburn wig. I had a very short “Dorothy Hamill” style short brunette wig that really fit my face well. I’m not sure what possessed me not to keep it.

As I replace these, I’d like to opt into medium to short blonde/salt-n-pepper human hair wigs, but I can’t justify the cost now. I wish synthetic wigs could be cut and styled more easily. Even washing them and detangling is so much of a pain!

I never wear a wig. I just got a feminine pixie style cut and went blonde last week. Luv it. Guess I’ll have to post a pic.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Anonymous

I currently have 4. I would say all are 10-15 inches. One is proably 20, maybe even a little longer. 3 go a few inches below my shoulder, not quiet midway my back while one goes a little over half down my back. I had a short one at one time that my wife bought. I did not like how it looked on me at all.

Chelly

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?