45 Posts
5 Users
0 Thanks
Admin
Topic starter
(@cdh)
Famed Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America
wpf-cross-image

Two weeks ago I wrote an article entitled why do men cross dress? and I asked you to write and tell me - why do you cross dress?

Thank you to all who responded, both on my blog and to my question in other forums. The responses fell into a few different categories:

1. I cross dress because it feels natural, "right". When I crossdress I'm less cranky and feel stress relief. I feel complete, liberated, content.
  2. I cross dress because I enjoy wearing woman's clothes, with no particular desire to look or present myself as a woman. It's fun.
  3. Woman's clothes are more exciting, prettier, more colorful.
  4. I cross dress because I enjoy feeling feminine - presenting myself as a woman, behaving like a woman.
  5. When I cross dress it's sexually exciting - I get a thrill out of wearing woman's clothes
  6. When I cross dress I'm sexually excited by what I look like wearing woman's clothes
  7. I dress because I feel I really am a woman inside, and I'm just dressing in the clothes appropriate to my gender.

In writing this post, I felt compelled to express how different we all are - we each cross dress for different reasons, enjoy different types of clothing, and have different 'end goals' in mind. Imagine my surprise at a recent comment on my last crossdressing how to post, which said something to the effect of 'Not everyone who cross dresses wants to pass as a woman' and 'it's too bad your outlook on cross dressing is so narrowly focused'. Yikes!

As my regular readers know, I try hard to avoid being narrowly focused on any particular denomination of cross dressing. I apologize to my dear reader A if I came across otherwise.

I wonder if there is more behind this though. I recently received an email from a transsexual who said that there are regular flame wars on a forum she frequents between transsexuals and cross dressers. Yikes! again! Has the transgendered community become so diverse that we spend more time focusing on our differences than our similarities? I hope not. It's only together that we will be able to change the hearts and minds of the world. Only united that we will usher in an age of tolerance and acceptance.

---

44 Replies
 glyn
(@glyn)

I crossdress because I love to feel feminine,My wife tells me I am less cranky and get very sexy when dressed.I now have more bras,pantie and girdles than my wife and my wardrobe if getting almost as large as hers.We often buy matching clothes.Unfortunately I am in the closet just my wife knows.

glyn
(@glyn)

> regular flame wars on a forum she frequents

An old phrase springs to mind: "never the twain shall meet". CDs and TS folk are - if I can generalise - on different paths. Outwardly to the public the two may seem similar - to put it brutally - men dressed as women. However, that's vastly over simplified and (IMO) just plain incorrect.

I'm not the first to say this and it's something that does the rounds on most TG forums and/or blogs. Transgenderism is a sliding scale - indeed I think it was Helen Boyd who suggested it may have two scales: frequency and intensity.

Frequency is how often you want to "dress up". where as intensity is the old sliding scale ranging from 'no interest at all' (most blokes) through to 'Inside I am female' at the other. We all fit somewhere on that graph.

For what it's worth, I think it's true that not everyone wants (or can) pass. Some CD folk are happy to wear a skirt and heels and go no further. Others 'go all the way' with make-up, wig and aim to 'fit in' when they go out.

There's room for us all I feel as we all started somewhere. Has anyone burst out of the closet looking totally fabulous at their first attempt? 🙂

glyn
(@glyn)

hello crossdressing well i am 51 now been crossdressing since i was 9 or so remember finding my first garterbelt and nylons at a friends house it was his mothers of course i took them went into my basement tried them on and never looked back the only bad thing about it i am alone you see most women i meet even my x wife never got into me dressing in womens cloths so since then i was 21 at the time after she left i have been alone i have grown more fond of dressing now i usually only wear womens underthings under my male cloths out at home well i dress fully and i mastubate alot in my sexy lingerie in the past 2 years i been on pills to help my breast grow u know hormones and things like breast pumps nipple pumps things like that it seems to work my breast are getting bigger my bras fit now and i am injoying looking at my cleavage and feeling my breast honestly if i could i would turn myself into a women but because of my job (I AM A STEEL WORKER) i cannot do this i have a mortgage and bills i need to pay like the rest of you i just wish i could find away to meet a women or even a full time cd who would except what i do and injoy it with me but here in wisconsin i find no place club etc. who i can go to and find the help i need so if anyone from wisconsin can help me i would appreciate it i dont want to grow old alone i really dont but i cannot give up my dressing its to late i tried many times so if you are interested in helping me my e mail address is allendanninger@aol.com oh by the way when i am dressed i call myself ALICE thanks for listening LONELY CROSSDRESSER BY ALICE (allen)

glyn
(@glyn)

It can still be confising at times. But for me it is kind of clear i should be female and why i am not is still puzzling i just kind of have alwasy felt that i should be a girl when i was very young i always felt gilrs were magic and i wnated to be one of them and dress like them in pretty cloths dresses skirts there clothing was so much better then male clothing this continured until i was in grade schooll when somehow i began to lose that somewhat but it never did go away and now i still find i wish i were a women women are msostly better then males so there are many reason why i still want to be a female!

glyn
(@glyn)

Cross-dressing is normal , why ? Females ,which are more than fifty percent of the population of the world, cross-dress so often in Western society the last 45 years, that this term never applies to them anymore for the the last 40 years; how absurd ! An analogy would be that " murder " can never be applied to males since they commit more homicides than females by far. Males are ,therefore, excempt from criminal prosecution but females aren't.What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

glyn
(@glyn)

I have a feeling there could be hormones involved, my feeling started as far back as a 5year old wishing to have a pair of those pretty patent leather shoes with a strap and bobby sox with lace at the top to start school in. Now I am 63 and have constantly be a crossdresser whenever the chance arose.
I have felt the changes getting stronger as I have aged. It is like a swing going from male to female with every swing getting stronger.
There have been years at times when I have been a contented male, then slowly my female side is upon me and out comes my pretty clothes, with soft textures and lovely colours. That seem to fit so well and make me feel at ease and happy.
Most of my wardrobe now is feminine and I have an aversion to buying male clothing If I have to appear male there is always some fem clothing there, if only underneath.
So getting back to hormones, could there be endorphin’s which are responsible for our feelings?
Has anyone else found the Watson scale, which tells you from 1-5 how strong your feelings are. At the moment I am 4.
Just love your site, as it is nice to react to others like me.

glyn
(@glyn)

Crossdressing from my perspective is more than just a question of why I am a CD. It revolves around why did circumstances dictate how I began. Why did I continue when the circumstances changed. And why do I continue to do it today after 28 years? Is it normal? By society standards - probably not. But for me - it came down to one important facet of my life - Dealing with stress. By dressing up I got a chance to look at my problems from a unique perspective and for some strange reason come up with answers calmly.

1 Reply
Admin
(@cdh)

Famed Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America

Marti - an interesting observation. I've heard many crossdressers say they feel a relief from stress when dressed. I hadn't associated that with better problem solving, and the unique perspective that calm and femininity brings.

glyn
(@glyn)

Crossdressing for me came naturally ! For me,it was more of a way to eliminate depression. Dressed as a female, changed me in ways that are too hard to explain !I never had any sexual pleasure from doing it . My sex drive as a male was very low,almost non-existing !While I was completely dressed ,I would feel like a totally different person,with a different set of likes and dislikes.

glyn
(@glyn)

Crossdressing for me remains a mystery.
It's erotic, exotic, sexy, somewhat taboo, with an element of risk, dare I say danger thrown in and all tossed together in such a fashion as to make it irresistible.
Yet that doesn't explain why I was drawn to it before I had any idea of the above.
The elements so mixed in me so all the world could say this was a Woman. In the end it's all poetry.

2 Replies
 glyn
(@glyn)

"It’s erotic, exotic, sexy, somewhat taboo, with an element of risk, dare I say danger thrown in and all tossed together in such a fashion as to make it irresistible."

Boy, does that sum it up for me. Even now, in my 50s, it's still irresistible to me. I have been cross dressing off and on since my early 20s. I might go years without and then something prompts me to start up again. I'm never quite sure what exactly it is, although it does correspond somewhat to periods in my life when I'm not in a relationship (except when married to my ex-wife who enjoyed my hobby as much as I did). So maybe I'm trying to be both halves of a relationship, male and female, by myself. Or is that too weird?

glyn
(@glyn)

Stevie,

I know just what you mean!!!
I have often thought one of the reasons I cross dress, among many, is to make up for the lack of regular female companionship.

And yes it is weird and sometimes downright confusing.
I'm never sure whether to cry or snicker during chick flics.

Hugs,
gail

glyn
(@glyn)

My first crossdressing memories started when I was 2 or 3 years old. I had a desire to wear my playmates party dresses. As a boy I was always attracted to female clothing - especially silks and satins.

During middle school I was small and had a bad stutter - I was bullied a lot. I didn't have many friends, but had compiled a stash of my sister's and mother's discarded clothing. I had old fashion satin slip that I wore every night under my pajamas for about three years. I masturbated some while dressed, but most of all enjoyed being dressed and it just "felt right."

I college I had some female friends who helped me dress up a couple of times. I was blond, skinny and had great legs. That was a lot of fun.

When I met my wife, on our third date, I told her that I loved very feminine woman's clothing and to dress up. She said that she did too. Over the past twenty years we have raised four children, I have slept in satin pajamas or nightgowns every night. I have a separate wardrobe that the kids know about but could care less about. I have focused on being a good father, a loving faithful husband (which is easy because my wife is so awesome) and a trustworthy friend.

It is a balancing act to integrate my masculine (home construction, mountain biking and surfing) and feminine (cooking, sewing and dressing) pursuits. My wife encourages me to dress up and for us to get away for a girls night out occasionally. She says she married a complete person and it doesn't matter what clothes I wear -- just don't come to bed in a t-shirt and sweats. We have a strict rule that only satins are allowed in bed.

I have been blessed with a great family and feel that my crossdressing has enhanced my life. The only stress it causes is my wife wants me to be sewing all of my clothes, because the stuff I buy doesn't fit so well. I filled out from being the skinny teen.

glyn
(@glyn)

I cross dress for two reasons. It's taken me about 35 years to figure it out. But I love women who wear slips and I love to see the slip either peeking out from under a slit in a skirt or dress, or seeing the nylon and lace through a sheer blouse. I love how they feel and I've masterbated with them all my life. I've been buying them from thrift stores, retail stores, online for my entire adult life. When I where one. I set up mirrors, a long skinny mirror on the left side of me and a large mirror behind me, angled in such a way that when I'm laying there I can see the entire back side of me with the slip clinging to my body. I lay on a couple of pillows so that I can start rubbing back and forth on the pillow like I'm making love to some woman. It's a sex thing for me. While I'm doing it, I imagine seeing that very same slip on some women. I know it's weird, I know I have a problem, it's like a drug. No matter how much I tell myself to stop, I can't. And like a lot of people on here have said, it is a great stress relief. I has cost me my marriage and all of my friends, but I still keep doing it.
But there is one thing that bothers me, and that is why the public makes people feel that it is unatural to dress like that.
A PEICE OF MATERIAL, NO MATTER HOW IT IS CONFIGURED, IS NO MORE MASCULINE OR FEMININE THAN A ROCK

glyn
(@glyn)

im a 24 year old african american male who loves to crossdress. i've been crossdressing for most of my life. it all started with pantyhose the texture and the soft fabric just blew my mind as a kid then i stated to wear them.as i grew up i started to experiment more with different garments, and i was a wrap after that. i told my wife and she wants me to stop doing it cause it dosen't fit my personallity but i feel too sexy and comfortable to stop yet. im very popular and its hard to go out in public behind the fact that someone i know will see me. i would love to go out at night dressed up just for fun but too many ppl know me by face and name.so....................i crossdress for two reasons 1) its comfortable and 2) for sexual arousment and satisfaction (depend on how i feel)so if there is any one who lives in the maryland area e-mail me at itz_offical09@yahoo.com so we can chat

glyn
(@glyn)

My sister dressed me up in the 8th grade in her Catholic school uniform. She said I made a cute girl and I should come to school with her. Well I wanted to dressup that way the next night too and she let me. It was so arousing I could hardly contain myself. I even thought of telling her to teach me how to make love. I just loved the soft panties, and nylon stockings hooked up to garters on a sexy satiny panty girdle. Then it felt so cool to wear a bra and fill the cups with socks, slip into a sexy feeling slip and then wear her blouse and skirt with a vest. Her hair Fall or wig made me look very feminine and I saw with the makeup I wore that I looked pretty attrative. But the bottom lline was I felt so horny that after this experience I would dress as much as I could in bed, then dream of being engaged in sex with some girl from school and end up masturbating and feeling so sexy and relieved of sexual tension. This has been hard to hide through the years but have been pretty successful. I often wear just panties, pantyhose, a pantygirdle and half slip or petty skirt to work under my male clothes. When I have those few occasions to be alone for a few days, I go all the way in my female lingerie dressing with heels, hair and makeup and enjoy very stimulating and arousing sex alone. So I would like to know what might be wrong with me because I like to do this. I do not want to become a woman, just feel like one and use the lingerie with a dress or skirt and carry out my sexual routine. Any advice or input would be appreciated.

1 Reply
 glyn
(@glyn)

What kind of input would you like? Dressing and sexuality do go hand in hand at one point. I am not a professional but I could help with whatever I can . I do have a blog and a email florgil7atgmail.com where I could be useful I guess.

Susan Veronica

glyn
(@glyn)

I crossdress to relieve stress or that is what I keep telling myself. My sex drive as a male is low. My ex-wife had always played with my nipples and breast whenever we made love. Now that is the only thing I want another woman to do to me is to play with my nipples and to suck on my breast. The last woman I was with said it was to much like making out with another woman and she wasn't into that. I do find it comfortable to wear a bra and I also like wearing panties,pantyhose heels and a dress. I do think I look better with makeup on. I have purchase a couple of wigs. I am mostly still in the closet but have been known to go for drives dressed completely as a woman and even have pump gas at a self services station dressed as a woman.
Part of me wants to come out of the closet but I know if I do I will lose a lot of friends and family. So for now I will stay in the closet except for a drive here and there as a woman.

1 Reply
 glyn
(@glyn)

Staying int he closet for the reasons you pointed out might be a good idea after all, especially if you feel okay with it.

Page 1 / 3
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?