7 Posts
5 Users
13 Thanks
Baroness
Topic starter
(@ryanpaul)
Noble Member     Outer Eastern Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Hi ladies,

For at least 10 years I have reveled in the comfort of some lovely 18C lacy underwire bras. Some by such wonderful upscale brands like Simone Perele and Wacoal. Fayrefrom Corals from down here in OZ are an old favorite too. (I have six of 'em...)

But in the last four months, something peculiar has occured.

I've dropped 2kgs/5lbs in overall weight, but had to go up two band sizes and go wire free with my bras, cos my 18C's are too small and the wires dig into under my arm. Plus, even with a 22 band,  I feel some bruising in my rib cage.  Did I lose the weight across my chest??

Many of the 18C hold special memories. Makeovers, dinners out, en femme bra fittings. etc and now I cant wear them.

I also have some lovely Arianne bralettes that will have to go

The only saving graces are a/. I'll have another bra fitting, (sadly in drab) and b/. the fact that most of the 18C's are going to a women's refuge

As my dear old Dad used to say

"Oh woe is me". (Especially when I look in my half empty bra drawer)

Anyone had the same experience??

With "dropped lip and tear in corner of eye"

Caty

PS I know many of us like and wear Playtex bras. I've end up with one of them and have never disliked a bra more in my whole CD life.

6 Replies
3 Replies
Lady
(@harriette)

Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

@ryanpaul  I had to go look up what an 18C bra was, since the Australian sizing was unfamiliar to me. It's a non-metric 40C or 90C metric.

When we lose weight, generally, the loss is spread relatively evenly across the body, belly fat being a bit different, so why your size changed like that is curious.

Baroness
(@ryanpaul)

Me again!!

I forgot to add that the other "curiouser and curiouser" aspect of this whole thing is I have at least three, three piece ensembles, with fitted camisole tops, two of which I've had for ten years plus. They still fit me across the chest without a problem!

Plus if I'm getting band soreness from the new 22/42 bras, maybe cos I dont have any chest fat. Surely the old 18/40C's should still fit me??.

Shame about the lovely oldies. but I'm having a fitting on Tuesday with my favorite bra supplier for some "newbies". bad luck it's in drab, but "Cest La(CD) vie,

Caty.

Baroness
(@ryanpaul)

Me again two weeks later.

With due respect to all members who like and wear Playtex bras

I was fascinated by the way Caty reacted when I first put on the "Playtex 18 Hour". Male me never gives more than 5 seconds thought about what he wears. Hated that "Horsecollar" so much it was not funny..

Then to being fitted,(sadly in drab) with a lovely lacy Felina wire free and "all was well in the world". So between "Felina's" and "Latina's"(very confusing, especially for this old girl), I'll end up with being back to a half decent bra collection.

Caty.

Significant Other
(@ambersqueen)
Trusted Member     Queensland, Australia

Oh no! I can't talk about that experience, but also have a larger band requirement. I find city chic bras super amazing, sexy and at a reasonable price (generally buy one, get one half price). 

Think about the future fun of finding your new favourite and new experience with it .

Duchess
(@michellemybell)
Honorable Member     Clearwater, Florida, United States of America

Interesting problem Caty.  Unless you starting doing upper body workouts I can't imagine why chest would get bigger and weight go down.  I'd be curious enough about that to have a physical if you haven't had one recently.  Just looking out for my friend.  Now that being said, you have a great opportunity to refresh your bra drawer so really go for it girl!  A bra fitting is so much fun even in drab and its wonderful to get to try on lots of sexy bras.  When I went for my fitting I was in drab but they had a sheer top I could put on to see how the bras looked under clothing and that was great fun.

Lady
(@mary)
Prominent Member     Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I recently experienced the same and had to move from and 18 up to size 20. I only wear bras from the chain stores. 

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?