Notifications
Clear all

Makeover / First Public Outing Ideas in South Jersey or Greater Philadelphia area

19 Posts
8 Users
36 Thanks
Lady
Topic starter
(@sophie85)
Estimable Member     New Jersey, United States of America

I know this is last minute but I'm looking to make my first big public outing as Sophie this weekend.  This is something I've wanted to do for a while but haven't had the right opportunity.  I've made smaller strolls around the yard or down to the mailbox and also visited Glamour Boutique in North Jersey dressed but I'm looking for something more.

I'm looking for a makeup artist with a discreet and safe space for the makeover.  I have tried to do my makeup before but the results were pretty bad.  Any suggestions?

After the makeover is complete, I'm looking to go to a CD friendly place or meet up with like minded people.  Any ideas where I could go?  Drinks and dinner are mainly what I had in mind.  I'm open to meeting new people if anyone here on CDH wanted to join me.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sophie

18 Replies
2 Replies
Ambassador
(@melanieelizabeth)

Honorable Member     New Jersey, United States of America

@sophie85

Im a jersey person too and I’ve been looking for something similar for some time. Honestly I would suggest you check out femme fever if you are looking for a makeup artist and a get together with others. It’s in New York but it’s a one stop shop, the lady who runs it does makeovers at a hotel prior to a party at an off site bar. I’ve never been to it but Ive heard good things. 

Lady
(@sophie85)

@melanieelizabeth Melanie, thank you for the suggestion.  I know this may sound hard to believe, but Long Island is like a world away (2.5 - 3 hrs w/traffic) from where I am in Jersey.  It sounds like exactly what I am looking for so maybe someday.  I was hoping for something closer and figured being in a suburb of Philadelphia that maybe someone knew of something more local to me.

Lady
(@paula-w)
Trusted Member     EWING, NJ, United States of America

Hi Sophia, a friendly place to go near you would be New Hope,Pa. There are a few friendly places to go and eat there.Can't thing of the names off the top of my head that you can go to there.New Hope was the first place i want to to meet another cd dressed. the place was called Raven's about 9 yrs ago, unfortunately it closed up in oct. of 2019.I would go there a couple times a year but haven't been there

since then mostly because of covid plus haven't been able to get out dressed much since then.There are girls that go out there on most weekends.If i think of them i will let you know. I always had a wonderful time there and always felt safe there. Good luck going out dressed!

1 Reply
Lady
(@sophie85)

@paula-w New Hope was on my list of places to go and at least walk around.  Slight problem being that my "male persona" knows a handful of people that live in New Hope and Lambertville and was sort of staying away from the place out of fear of running into someone I know.

The other side of the coin is that if I get a professional makeover before heading there is that I might not be recognizable anyway.  I haven't ruled it out but if I get another great idea from this wonderful group of ladies that maybe I'd go with that instead.

Lady
(@paula-w)
Trusted Member     EWING, NJ, United States of America

I understand what you mean, i live close to there and also have relatives that live in Lambertville . When i go there i try to be on the lookout who i may run to.Well good luck and have fun. Paula

(@crystalpa)
Eminent Member     Pennsylvania, United States of America

Hi Sophia, there is a place in Pottstown, PA that I'm thinking about trying. Beauty Inside and Out with Misty Laboy. On her webpage they list male to female makeovers. Let me know if you try it. I'm in Allentown and would love to find a friend to dress with. I've been thinking about going to Glamour Boutique too if you would ever care to join me.

Crystal

3 Replies
Lady
(@sophie85)

@crystalpa Crystal, I never heard of her before.  Thank you for the suggestion!  This looks like the type of place I am looking for to get a makeover.

I'm up for a trip to Glamour Boutique, but I won't be able to go for a while.

Lady
(@loucy)

Active Member     QUAKERTOWN, Pennsylvania, United States of America

@crystalpa I spoke to Misty and tried to get a makeover but we had a death in the family and I did not get there.  She was very nice over the phone.  I hope to try again.  Would love to meet up with some sisters for dinner and drinks. 

loucy

Quakertown PA

(@crystalpa)

@loucy Loucy, sorry to hear about your loss. Let me know if you reconnect with Misty.

Lady
(@chan989)
Active Member     Toronto , Ontario, Canada

@sophie85 @crystalpa  i will be visiting NY in couple of week. I am planning to ho glamour boutique and open to meet other girls and maybe try outing. Please let me know if you can make it.

with love

Duchess
(@bbwmeganlynn)
Eminent Member     East Brunswick, New Jersey, United States of America

Glamour Boutique is ok.I honestly go to Ulta and have found a great stylist!Wasnt thrilled with the look I got at Glamour and it was way too long.3 hours it took.

Duchess
(@bbwmeganlynn)
Eminent Member     East Brunswick, New Jersey, United States of America

I have an appointment booked for the 8th with Beauty inside and Out with Misty.Seems others have gone and have had good experiences.Looking to keep going with my dressing and take it much further.

1 Reply
(@crystalpa)

@bbwmeganlynn Hi Megan, please let me know how it goes with Misty. I would love to find someone in the area to do a makeover. Who knows, maybe one day we could get one together.

Lady
(@loucy)
Active Member     QUAKERTOWN, Pennsylvania, United States of America

There is also beauty by Lilly in the Bethlehem area.  I have been there several times and she is awesome!

2 Replies
Lady
(@sophie85)

@loucy thank you for reminding me about her.  Someone else had suggested her a while back.

(@crystalpa)

@loucy I forgot about Lilly, I have to look into that.

(@michellegirl)
Trusted Member     Northern Michigan , Michigan, United States of America

Sophie, I put on makeup every chance I get. At first I was terrible at it. But now after lots of reading and practice, I'm not to bad at it. Less is more. Blend in.

(@crystalpa)

So all, when is the next trip to a salon in the area. I so need a makeover with some friends.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?