• This topic has 45 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Okay you shopaholics….

We all come on CDH, telling of our shopping bargains and deals….

but what is your WORST en femme  buy?!!…be it something shop bought that you got home and thought….oh my goodness. Or something bought online that just wasn’t what you thought….

It can be anything….shoes, clothes, makeup….as long as it was for the ” girl ” in your life….

Mine??….last summer i bought an ” ali baba” baby pink jumpsuit off Amazon….( look it up)…i thought it would be baggy and loose for around the flat in the summer….jeez…loose!!!.

Remember when you buy a new mattress???…well it was like wearing the bloody bag the mattress comes in….in baby pink!!!….what on earth possessed me?????

So come on you beauties…own up, and tell us all your worst buy….be honest now!!!!

Grace ❤️❤️❤️

It would have be a yellow floral dress without a doubt. I bought early in my re-emergence and exploration of my feelings. Mind you, I knew I hated floral then, but bought it anyhow. It was one of a few outfits that I found to fit at that time.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Krista
      Duchess

Good Morning M’lady Grace,

Well my shopaholic days are long gone.  No more room in the closets or chests of drawers. If I buy anything, I have to give something away first.  So that means that YES, I have made numerous purchases in the past that after I got home I ask myself, What was I thinking?  For the purposes of this thread, I will focus on my most EXPENSIVE en femme shopping blunder.

I tried several cheap waist trainers but they ended up being pretty useless but not a big worry as they were “cheap”.  So I said to myself, time to get a proper corset.  I went to a shop that also catered to CDs and the staff were extremely helpful.  I ended up buying a very well constructed black corset for about $100.  I did try it on in the store but I was a bit anxious and didn’t really give it a thorough examination.  And with the nice staff I said Yes, I will take it.  Got it home and being more relaxed, I thought I’d try it on again.  What a mistake!!!!  It just didn’t fit right and for the price, you’d think it should fit perfectly.  So it now sits in a bottom drawer.  Never been worn (except to try on). I tried selling it but alas no takers.  That’s one purchase I wish I never made.  For that same $100 I could buy a whole bunch of other clothing that fits well and looks great.  Oh well, live and learn.

Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Very Best, Big Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Oh Krista.

What a bottom drawer!!!

Krista
          Duchess

You know Grace, I’m going to give that corset another try.  Who knows? maybe something has changed over the past few years (besides the size of my waist).  I will find a time next week to try it on.  It would be lovely to have an assistant to pull on the straps at the back but there are youtube videos that give suggestions.  I’ll have them a watch first.

Knowing you love snow, we had another big dump last night.  I shoveled my driveway for an hour this morning – no need to go for a walk (and a second time this afternoon but it was quicker).  Usually we have nice fluffy dry snow but this was the heavy wet stuff.  Yuck.  But it does mean we are getting closer to spring as it is the spring snow that is usually heavier.  Ah, we have a gorgeous winter wonderland out there.  And luckily are snow plow crews are pretty good at clearing up the main routes so I won’t have a problem going grocery shopping tomorrow morning.  I have my eye on a lovely white lace bralette with a three hook back closure (I’ve been hoping there’d be a price drop). I’ll check tomorrow.  Big Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Good idea Krista…

If its been years, its worth another try…..and sometimes in life, you just really need a big dump….smiles

Hi Grace not sure what my worst is but I just bought the cutest Old navy summer dress off Poshmark.

It was displayed on a maniqin and had figure flattering look to it.

when I put it on it made me look like I had no figure joust straight down.

Not happening ,I do have some waist and think I look good in a dress.LOL

Hugs Patty

Anonymous

Oh Patty…

I don’t suppose you fancy standing in the shop window all day modelling it then ???….is that a no???….haha

Anonymous

Oh my,

I wanted a nice skater skirt, you know like the young hip girls wear with over the knee socks. I went into a large department store (my logic was that it’ll be busy and no one will pay attention to me) and had a look around. Found the skirts, picked a nice black one and a yellow cami top (because obvs black and yellow go together) Very happy with a) my purchase and b) my bravery, I rushed home to try them on.

Turns out the skirt was down near my shins and a god awful fake velvet, and the top… well just no 🙈Putting it all together I looked like my nan off to the bingo. I only needed the open toe Birkenstocks to complete the look.

Didi💋

Anonymous

Didi..

” nan off to the bingo”…

Hilarious 😂😂😂😂

Anonymous

About 10 years ago my ex wife and I went to Torrid women store to look around and buy some dresses for  me.  I didn’t realise that Torridppp they were CD/TG friendly so we looked around on the pretence that we are looking for dresses for my wife. Looking at dresses The sizes are shown as 1, 2, 3, 4. I knew what size dress I wore and according to the sales girl my size would have been a size 2 so I found two dresses in my size.

Now mind you at the time we didn’t know that they were TG/CD friendly so I didn’t  try them on in the store. Went home took off my male clothes and attempted to put on the dresses. Well as it turned out the dresses were way too small by at least 2 – 3 sizes. They were  on sale and  therefore couldn’t be returned. So Goodwill got two new dresses as a donation.

Kathleen

Teri Ray
      Lady

I once purchased a skirt from Old Navy. Size was large and I thought it was cute. Got home and found it was a little girls large. Another donation to the goodwill.

I bought a houndstooth crop top and shorts matching set thinking it was going to be cute. Wrong for two reasons, one I chose the wrong size (Plus Size Only For Me), and that type of patter is definitely not good on me. One of a few things that someone will enjoy that I donated…SMH

Okay, my shopping failure:

Saw this gorgeous evening gown on eBay for a great price, and in my size!

Bought it. Got fast delivery.

Got all ready for it (pads, forms, the whole deal) and stepped into it.

Very nice floor length. Nice lacy shoulders and arms.

And then I started to pull up the zipper…

When I got to the waist I discovered a hard plastic band around the waist area. The zipper would just not go past it! I even hooked the back top of the dress with no problems, and if I could just get the zipper all the way up it looked to be a perfect fit!

So it sits in my closet, awaiting me getting up the courage to go get it altered!

Oh well. Don’t have any place to wear it currently, so no rush.

But what a letdown!

Leah

Grace, I know you’d like to hear me say those knee high nylons were the worst. But no, they’re still working out for me. Keeping ‘em above the ankles was good advice.

Actually it’s probably this cute black blouse I’ve had for quite awhile.  It’s kind of a tank top with little dangly ties at the shoulders.  Absolutely love it except when I put it on. Can’t bear to part with it and haven’t given up yet. Still trying to find something to go with it.  Maybe  I should stay away from “dangly”.

Best,

Clara

I’ve had a few actually. I ordered a dress online and when it arrived I tried it on and I hated the fit. It was a flare type but didn’t fit me very well at all.  Also a couple pairs of heels I purchased that sit in the back of my collection as one pair hurts my feet but fit when I tried them on in the store and the other just doesn’t look right IMO!!!

Hugs

Ashley❤️

Anonymous

My worst “bad” purchase? I wish I could forget. Bettylou became self-aware about the same time Payless began liquidation sales. When I discovered that they had 12W and 13W ladies’ shoes, I went on a shopping spree. I found lots of flats, sneakers and wedgies, but no heels; so when a pair finally showed up, I grabbed them. They were the UGLIEST shoes I ever saw: Black patent, hi-top, and with laces…like you might see in an old 1840’s photo. I never wore them, and kept them in the back of my closet for about 2 years before donating them to Godwill. They are probably still in the store.

Anonymous

Oh Bettylou….

such a shame, it does seem that bargain fever happens to the best of us. It conjures up a lovely image of them on the shelf in the goodwill store….covered in cobwebs and dust, and lots of ” reduced stickers “….haha xxxx

I once bought a Cleopatra costume. I thought it might be fun. It said large adult and  I’m a medium usually so this should be good, right? WRONG. If this was a large I can’t imagine what their small is. Plus the gathers, scrunches and ties were all in the wrong (i.e. indiscrete) places. The gold lame halter was impossibly small and felt like cardboard. The skirt was ugly as sin. The costume couldn’t even be saved with imaginative repurposing. It made a trip to the garbage. Fortunately it was a clearance item so little money lost.

Anonymous

Huggs Beth.

I wont mention pain in the asp…whoops, i did!!!.

Talking of sizes……

I trawl through Amazon quite a lot…but beware anything made in china…i always check the reviews because their sizes are quite often for “china dolls”… especially if its just marked S,M, L or XL…..Small usually means ” barbie”…..and i mean the doll !!!

Sorry about your cleopatra look….

Grace xx

Hi Grace,

I had purchased different sets of breast forms but wanted to go braless. I found a breast plate that was built like a bra and even had a Velcro connection on the band and was pretty cheap. Wellll, the band was entirely to short and barely connected and the “boobs” were not remotely realistic. The thing was also incredibly hot and made me sweat as if in a sauna! I guess that it was a cheap enough lesson on breast plates and I would never buy another regardless of quality. Stephanie

Anonymous

Thank you Stephanie…i have never owned one myself….but plenty of other girls have mentioned ” hot and sweaty”…x

Grace darling… I’m choking on a lolly I was eating!

An online buy… size 20uk plain cotton duck cloth… a sack in other words! I though it would be cool with a belt and scarves, sandals… the whole hippie PC woman thing… NOT!

I pulled it out of its wrapper, tried to pull the thing on and decided then and there it would serve better as a drop cloth! It has…

What was I thinking? I dunno… all part of the apprentice woman thing I guess…

Presumptuous Polly

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Polly Stewart. Reason: Auto correct
      Katey Doe
      Lady

Good Morning Grace,

I don’t have much experience with buying lady clothing, but I did once get a nightie and OMG it was so small. I had no idea how the sizes worked, I was very new at this. I didn’t even slip it on I knew just by holding it up. I still have some issues with the sizes but I’m much better now. Thank you for sharing, Have a great day!! Hugs-Katey

Oh my goodness, I don’t even know where to start.  I’ve purchased so many things that I thought would look good but when I brought it home, it just didn’t fit right and/or looked what I thought it would look like.

– a very nice Reebok racing one piece swimsuit.  I loved everything about it, colour, style, but it was a size 10.  What in blue blazes was I thinking that I could ever squeeze into a size 10 swimsuit ??

– a very nice pair of dress pants with an exposed zipper.  Problem ?  I couldn’t tell if the zipper should be in the front or back, plus it was super baggy on me.  And to top it off, I am not a pants type of girl either.

– I bought a really nice white Calvin Klein bodycon type dress.  It has a silky smooth liner which I just loved.  It fit my wife (just barely), so when I put it on a thin leather strap around the waist prevented the zipper from making it past that hump.  I had it altered, but because of the design he could expand it any further so I only got a few mms of expansion which didn’t help at all.  I had to give it up and donate it.

– numerous shapewear.  Sizes were perfect but because of my silicone hip/butt pads, I only wear long leg and high waist shapers.  I had shapers that were not long leg but only high waist, so it would do me no good in keeping the pads in place.

Oh there is other items I have spent good $$$ on, and now it is long gone.  I have learned now that I will only buy certain styles and it has to fit before I buy.  I can’t afford to buy something and then toss it out later.

Anonymous

Oh Wendy….

you have certainly learned the hard way….xx

Anonymous

Hi Grace I said to you a few back I had ordered a Red Skirt, well it finally arrived after three weeks of waiting. I think they sent it by carrier pigeon anyway I am a regular size 16, so when as a size 16 been a 26 inch waist …Honestly it makes you wonder. I thought about sending it back if I do I’ll ask Amanda to send a carrier pigeon down, If she hasn’t made them all into pies for you.

For heavens sake

Sarah

Anonymous

Sarah….

wow, are you sure they haven’t just sent you half the skirt….maybe the other half will show up in a couple more weeks!!!.

That is some size error….it has to go back surely…

Anonymous

I really can’t be asked I thought for a laugh I would hang it among my wifes that would confuse her, and she would never get in either.

Anonymous

Can i ask where abouts in the world it came from???….thats a long delivery time…..on Amazon that usually means china

Anonymous

I ordered it off ebay it was described as Brand New Without Tags and supposedly Jessica Black brand, it certainly looks brand new and all tags have been removed. I agree I think it possibly came from China, however its going in wheelie bin. Annoying thing is its actually good quality fully lined, you need to be anorexic to wear it.

Anonymous

What a shame honey, but chinese sizing can be miles out…..sometimes built for stick insects….haha

Anonymous

My errors would be too many to list but one online purchase, a sweet black bodysuit, was bought before I understood the various sizing codes – Eur, US etc. – well it was so small I almost gelded myself trying it on – a painful lesson learned. 👀

Anonymous

Haha…i remember buying a couple of ” tight fits “…..

at least for you it was only ” almost” gelded…..x

Hi Gracie, when I first started dressing I was convinced I was a UK 12 on top. I’m not bought so many tops thatvete far too small. One top that wasn’t too small was this gorgeous asymmetrical red one I got of eBay. Problem was it was like a size 18. I’m a 14 on top. I was so looking forward to trying wear it too.

Anonymous

few times bought some women’s skinny jeans going down a size figure could squeeze in them nope But have bought and succeeded some size downs before

Stevie65
      Lady

I bought off line once…. never again. I was moved out on my own and I had room to add to my collection as well expand it in the closet. I ordered a top and a corset on line following their measurement that had been converted to Canadian measurements. I think these came from the african pygmy jungle as they were not even close. They got donated to Salvation army. Since then it has been in person in drab shopping.

Stevie

Anonymous

Thanks Stevie.

On line can be a bit of a minefield…until you find some decent clothes and stick to that company……

another enduring image…pygmies in corsets…wow.

Grace xx

Anonymous

Th Chinese certainly have an interesting concept of what constitutes a plus size, they must have a market for the small sizes though, perhaps the African Pygmies have discovered Wish and Light in the Box  etc….

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I have this pink, black, and white striped skirt…. I swear I thought it was longer when I saw it in the store and purchased it.  Let’s just say you will not have to ask me what colour my knickers are!!  OMG, even a extroverted, sexually outgoing, just got my own flat and love to party, college cheerleader type  wouldn’t wear this!  And yet, I can’t throw it out. 😊

Anonymous

Stevie…

I bet this skirt just hangs there

…” Wear me, wear me, wear me”

and as you are keeping it….who knows, maybe you will……xx

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

I will admit to standing I  front of my mirror checking it out….

Oh dear! 😊

Anonymous

Welcome home Rei ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I have made many bad choices over time, usually just in size though, as this was before the internet and before I had enough courage to use the changing rooms.

I had found a nice mini skirt (not a micro, but pretty short still), and nice button down, sleeveless blouse.  Labor Day was coming up that weekend, I figured I would wear that to the club.  It fit pretty good when I tried it on once I got home, nothing a couple of safety pins wouldn’t fix.  In my minds eye, I was lookin’ PDG in the mirror, too.

When I got to the club that weekend and made my grand entrance, I got a lot of looks from a lot of people, and it made me feel good about how I looked.  That feeling only lasted moments before a g came up and offered me her shrug jacket.  I started to ask what was up and she shushed me, telling me “Honey, you look like a hooker that is trying not too, but still standing too close to her corner.”.

We went to the girls room to fix a couple of things, and when I saw my reflection, I  had tried on the blouse without my bra on and you could now see all the detail of it’s lace through the blouse because of the lighting in the club.

A nice camo would have made it okay, but I did end up changing the bulds in the lamp by my dressing mirror.  I still kept the blouse, but made sure I had that cami on under it when out in public.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Oh Paula….disaster, but probably makes you smile when you look back now…i have heard other stories before of the odd effects of club lights on clothes…..smiles xx

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?