• This topic has 38 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by Lea.
Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Another movie poll!

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Indeed – On the list I put Priscilla as I enjoyed it, My all time fave stands though, The original St Trinians.

Anonymous

I added these: “Boys Don’t Cry”, “Tootsie”, “Some Like It Hot”, “Mrs. Doubtfire”, and “Switch”. Only the first one is really powerful and hard hitting, the rest are comedies where the male protagonist learns more about himself by becoming a woman (and haven’t we all experienced that?).

Hugs,

Holly

Thanks, Holly, some of your faves were on my previous quiz.

Meredith
        Lady

Boys Don’t Cry is a great movie, but so hard to watch.

Anonymous

Holly darling, any relation to Miss GoLightly. 😉 wink giggle

Hi Wanda,  I chose Other.  My personal favorite is “Boy Meets Girl” with Michelle Handley who was actually transitioning during the film and my wife’s favorites are “Connie and Carla” with Nia Vardalos, Toni Collette and David Duchovny and To Wong Foo.  All watched with buttered popcorn and champagne.   Thanks for another fun survey,  Marg

Thanks, Marg. Connie and Carla is a favorite an is listed on my previous quiz in which the Crossdressing is more of a plot device than lifestyle. I’ll look into
        Boy Meets Girl.

Wanda, I’m just going to add an addendum here regarding a movie I watched just tonight.  It’s Dressed to Kill with Michael Caine, Angie Dickinson and Nancy Allen by Brian De Palma.  It’s sort of an 80’s Hitchcock type sexy thriller and it’s not my favorite film but I had forgotten how negative the portrayal of the trans individual was in it.  It made me think about how many years that this subliminal negativity has been going on in the media and it made me sad.  Thanks for a more positive expression in this survey.  Marg

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

I voted for Priscilla and To Wong Foo they are the only 2 on the list that I’ve heard of but thanks for giving me some names of movies to look for.

Sherri

I voted for other and my selection was a little know but very authentic British film from early 90’s –  ‘Just Like A Woman.’

I hadn’t heard of it but I see it’s on FreeVee so I added it to my watch list. Thanks, dear!

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I love Joel Edgerton…

Check out Kinky Boots… Lovely film.

Then go watch him with Tom Hardy in Warrior, Mmmm….

Have fun out there!

XOXO

Rayna

Auugh! I forgot it! And I listen to “In These Shoes?” by the late, great Kristy MacColl all the time!

Meredith
        Lady

I loved Kinky Boots!

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

My vote, among the list, was for “Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.” Why? It inspired me to pay tribute to what I thought was a great, heart-warming movie by using it as part of my female name.

My other choice was “Mrs. Doubtfire.” Why? While it is great fun as a comedy, it touched my heart regarding a father’s love for his children.

Mary Priscilla

ChloeC
      Duchess

One of my favorite movies is not on the list, Ma Vie En Rose (about a young boy who wishes he were a girl). And a 2nd movie, which is really depressing, should be ‘A Girl Like Me, The Gwen Arujo Story’.  I haven’t seen Breakfast on Pluto, Albert Nobbs, or Different For Girls, so I’ll have to add them to my list.

Hugs, ChloëC

I just love a movie poll!

I chose “Other”, because my all time favorites are not among your selections. But that’s not to say I don’t like those that are on your list — I’ve watched (and enjoyed) them all except for “Priscilla Queen of the Desert”. I saw “Goodbye Charlie” but not one of my favorites.

It’s hard to choose my top two because there are so many good ones. But if limited to two, I think I’ll go with “Boy Meets Girl” and “Soldier’s Girl” (except for the tragic ending, which I never watch).

I went for “Other” as did Others.  😉

One movie that I did really like is “I Want What I Want”.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068726/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_13

I’m not sure where this one is available but I enjoyed it anyway, it was released in 1972. My 2nd choice has been mentioned earlier, “Just Like A Woman”.

I remember seeing that at a drive in back in 1972. It was the first of the ‘taboo’ subject of transvestism movies . Unfortunately like the Julie Andrew’s movie ‘ Victor/ Victoria ‘ made years later it starred a British ‘actress’ playing a boy who surgically becomes  a girl. A kind of Christine Jurgeston story. I wish it would have had a true genetic male actor playing  the lead

Other and Priscilla are in a dead heat as I write this.

IMDb doesn’t have availability info for I Want What I Want. Too bad, it has a great British cast including Anne Heywood who was in the film adaptation of D. H. Lawrence’s The Fox a lesbian themed movie. I remember it from Playboy’s History of Sex in the Cinema.

I watched Transamerica and thought that was interesting. Just like a woman has been my favorite.

A couple of dark horses in this race
      Better Than Chocolate(1999) Peter Outerbridge transforms amazingly
      and the little known 2012 “Pop Kowboys”

I like Peter Outerbridge, and it’s also on FreeVee, I’ll definitely check that out!

I could only find a trailer for the other

last timed I watched Pop Kowboys, I believe it was on Vimeo

Priscilla and other i choose. Priscilla sounded sexy and for other not sure but i like to dress to what day and age it is now and pass as a female.

You might like Different for Girls (1996). It’s a British movie with a cast that’s pretty familiar to US audiences: Steven Mackintosh (Luther) and Rupert Graves (Sherlock) are the leads. It’s an offbeat love story available on FreeVee and so unedited other than the placement of ads.

Hmm, that area might need a poll on its own. Hmm…

In the Garden of Good and Evil. The Lady Chablis plays herself.

My wife and I watched Different for Girls last night. So much fun. I hadn’t heard of it before. Thanks so much for the great recommendation.

Not sure if a documentary fits with this poll, but my absolute favorite is Paris is Burning. I saw it in the theater when it came out in 1991 and have probably seen it a dozen times or more since then. It’s about the underground, Harlem ball scene in NYC. Werk it, girl!

Gail
      Lady

The New Girlfriend and Just Charlie.

Anonymous

“Breakfast at Tiffany’s” in Holly’s party scene, all the women actors represent CD’s. Actor Martin Balsam asks Holly, “Are you a phoney?”
      Holly tells actor G. Peplard that men give her money to go to the toilet, which tells the audience that she’s a ‘T room queen’, too young to use a hotel room.
      I don’t know how much of the film is censored due to today’s pedophilia concerns. The novel was a Hollywood creation to market it with the film. Twas definitely CENSORED.

Aside: “The Beverly Hillbillies” TV show had a CD F/M Nancy (miss Hathaway) Kulp. There were few more shows with many inside jokes. Many off the cuff especially TBH show with the 4 leads being LG.

EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK OUT JUST LIKE A WOMAN IT MIGHT BE THE BEST CROSSDRESSING MOVIE OF THEM ALLSTARRING ADRIAN PASDAR ANDJULIE WATERS MRS WEASLEY IN HAPPY POTTER

That is a good one. I hadn’t seen it when I did the poll.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

This one has yet to get a mention

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Triple_Echo

I’m also a big fan of “Just Like a Woman”. WAAAYYY back in the days of video recorders a single CD friend taped it for me and I used to watch it “on the quiet”. IE when my then wife and young daughters were not around..

My ex hated my CD’ing with a passion, so when “our hero/heroine” got thrown out of home.. I really resonated with me.

Caty.

Lea
      Lady

I really likes Transparent, a cross country trip of a trans dad and their son. It was emotional to watch, being a parent.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?