Tagged: 

Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi girls

I realise that living as a girl, is not all about sexy lingerie and mini dresses and i need to get more practical clothes for day to day living.

So I thought what i need most urgently were tan tights, for a plain white mini skirt i have ordered,i want my legs to appear bar and something cute to wear in bed and do my night skin regime.

So i was passing a local supermarket Sainsburys and said to myself, better now than never and pulled into the car park. I kept telling myself thst these were garments any man could get for his partner.

So i grabbed a basket and in i went. I suddenly thought ot would look wierd if i only got garments, so i grabbed a loaf of bed and popped it into the basket. I then spent 20 minutes wandering around the store, occasionally walking up the womens clothing aisle but quicklyretreating if someone appeared.

But i was determined and said to myself, if i cant even buy a pair of tights, whats the point of it all. So i marched into the aisle. My eyesight is very poor and there was only 1 pair of tan tights there, i put on my glasses, praying they were size medium. The packageing said 1 size fits all, so i slipped them under the bread in the basket.I did wonder why the oyher tights came in the 3 usual sizes. I then give the racks a quick flick, in case there was a misplaced pack.

Next was panties, i was looking for a multi pack for everyday wear and packing. Unfortunately all they had were lace panties, thongs and granny pants, so no luck there.

Next nightwear. There were a few things there, but all in dull drab colours, not for a girl like me.There was 1 cute little nightie, but only in size 8, so no good there either. Once again i stood going through the racks in case there was a misplaced pack.

The whole time i was doing this, between 5-10 mins, both men and women were walking by and even standing next to me. Nobody said a word and as us the norm in my city, the males said hi on passing

Ok so only check out to go. I head to the self serve but my mind is racing, awaiting the dreaded jand on the shoulder. Made it, but now i have a problem, once i scan the bread, the tights will be there for all to see. So what did i do, i panicked of course. I dropped my wallet, with various cards flying everywhere. The place was packed and everyone startrd picking up my cards and giving them to me. The tights were in full view of all and not one bad word or look was given. I was elated.

Once i got home, i rushed upstairs, the excitement of wearing my first in person purchase, swirling around my head. Feeling proud that when asked the question, i chose my feminity and didnt walk out of the store.

So i got the tights out, thinking the packaging was a bit on the small side, but hey its my first time, so what do i know. I take the tights out and they are tiny. It turns out they were, no show footsies and not tights at all.

I laughed then cried and now i am laughing again. I will take my time on my next trip and take better reading glasses too.

I could not have done any of the above without the confidence and support, i have received, from my special girl Tara and all the rest of the girls here on CDH.

Love
      Michelle

The first time I walked into a store and bought a pair of pantyhose I thought I was going to hyperventilate and pass out.

Hi Michelle

I know that feeling now lol, and we were only buying tights too

Love
        Michelle

Hi Michelle,

The crazy thing for me is that I had done it before but they were for my wife. She had asked me to buy her a pair in black and there I was standing the store calling her on my phone because there were like six different kinds of black. I didn’t even think twice about it but when they were for me I was freaking out.

Anonymous

I can still recall the giggling of the assistants in the lingerie department when, as an 18 year old, I headed for the exit wearing my new bra and girdle. My face must have been fire engine red! These days I’m strictly an online shopper.

Hi Dave

To be honest, i loved the buzz of picking something up, looking at it and then putting it back, to pick something else up.

I am going to try a different store tomorrow night.

Love Michelle

Anonymous

Hi Michelle,

Good luck – hope it goes well. I lost my nerve a long time ago so I just shop online these days.

Hi Michelle,

Congrats on your first shopping trip.  Hope on your next vIs it you find those tan tights in the medium size you were looking for.

Alice

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Michelle, thank you for sharing that, I so enjoyed it!

Haha, if at first you don’t succeed, shop, shop again. 🙂

You have that first one under you belt now girl, the shopping just gets easier after that.  And more fun too!  Congratulations!

Stevie

Hi Steve

I chuckled at shop shop again.

Thanx hun, i neeged a giggle, after the disappointment of not getting my tights today.

Love
        Michelle

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

Sorry about you tights hun, but happy about the giggles! ❤

Good show, girlfriend! Be brave and remember that other people care just about as much as you would if you saw them doing the same thing, which is probably zero. Enjoy the process and try to make an informed choice. Feel free to read those labels carefully and look around. It’s so freeing when you realize that it’s totally fine. Have fun!

Cheers,

Catherine

Hi Catherine

I think i might have got a glimpse of the freedom you mean. When looking through the nighties, i found i enjoyed putting things back almost as much as the brief pleasure of finding something nice only for it to be too small. I really wanted to put it up against my bust,to test the length, but couldn’t do it. Hopefully, i can do it next time, i really need something to wear it in bed. Bra and panties, are not the best sleep wear.

When drab clothe shopping, i would walk into a shop, grab the first things i saw and then straight out again i hate every second of it.

Now it takes me hours just to choose a pair of panties. I visit multiple sites and pick 10 that i like. Now i am thinking about colours,styles, shape, are they sexy enough, are they too sexy, what will they go with, do i need to get something to go with them and a multitude of other fashion thoughts, going through my head. Then it is hours of indecision until i finally pick the pair i want, or at least i hope it was the pair i wanted, i always i worry i went for the wrong pair. Tops and skirts take days and dresses weeks. I absolutely adore it and cant wait until my next shopping adventure begins.

Love
        Michelle

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Michelle ,

Please take it from somebody that has been there before :

The next time you want to buy Femme stuff for yourself
      at a Supermarket , just make sure you have a lot of other stuff too.

I you buy a lot of groceries at the same time , and not just a few items ,
      nobody will even notice the Femme stuff between the groceries.
      And the person at the register won’t even blink an eye , trust me.

If you make use of a grocery list , you can write the Femme stuff down that
      you need including the right sizes.
      Just look at their internet-site before hand , write it on your note , together
      with the other groceries , and it will be just like you are bying that for your
      SO.

Love Sylvia.

I’m at Kmart years ago. I spy this cute pink babydoll (back then the panties were full cut bikinis not thongs) put it in the cart not realizing it didn’t have a price tag. The checkout girl realizes this and holds the nightie up and says loudly “ price check in lingeri” I have the whole front of the store looking at me! I just acted like nothing was going on . Eventually paid and walked out. It was all worth it when I got home and tried it on. I remember sleeping like a baby (doll) that night wearing my new nightie

Hi Michelle a great first trip congrats.. For myself and my wife when we go out of town for doctoring we have a 6 hour trip so we spend a little time shopping once we are there looking for things for the wife and Stephanie once in a great while for hubby ha ha so get ready and do it again girl you got this as you are the only one there no worries ..

Stephanie Bass

Michelle, oh how I’ve been there. My first step of being a crossdresser, as I’m sure most of us girls here did, was panties. Started wearing them when I was 14. I wore my sister’s and my mom’s. I was caught by my parents several times, was hoping they would start buying them for me, but that never happened. When I graduated from high school, I was determined to buy some of my own. I go off to college thinking this is going to be easy, walk into Walmart, get what I want, and leave. First time, nope, second time, nope, third time, nope. I just could not do it. To many eyes that I thought was looking at me. So, I did the next best thing, I ordered them. For the next 3 years, I would order my panties online. Then one day, I decided enough of this. I just needed to go in and do it. So I went to Walmart to do some panties shopping. I didn’t just get panties though. I got bras, a cute pink nightgown, and a couple of cute outfits, believing I had eyes looking at me. As I was getting ready to check out, I ran into a married couple. The woman says your girlfriend will love that nighty. I just smiled. Got to the register, the cashier jokingly said I think you will look cute in pink. I said I think I will, paid for my stuff and left. Nowadays, its hard for me to find stuff I think in cute in stores, but if I find something I like when I’m out, I have no shame, I get it.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Been there, felt that. So exciting but so scary at the same time.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

This is a ‘Hands up, who’s done this too’ moment. Your post bought back memories for me and the times I have baulked. Eventually I did it and nothing happened, no sniggers and no ‘looks’.

I think I was even worse when I started to go solo dressed. I always thought everyone was looking at me. The worst trip was as I left a store the alarms went off as I passed the security scanners. All eyes on me! The security came over checked the receipt and bag and apologised to me and said ‘ Enjoy your day madam’. 

It’s like the old days of going into a chemist shop for condom. On seeing the female assistant you leave with a toothbrush. You’ll get better in time, and glasses too.

Hi Angela

I dont really have a choice. I either buy the tights in person or that is the end of my journey and Michelle is never ever, going to let that happen.

Love
        Michelle

Anonymous
      Lady

I think most of us have gone through what you describe when we first began buying clothes especially us older girls who had no other means to get clothes.

I’ve had many experiences buying in retail before shopping online was available and most of them were nerve racking and some with negative feedback from the staff. I was determined and stood my ground leaving the store with my treasure and red ears. The good thing about in person shopping is that it gets easier the more you do it and in todays society nobody cares what we purchase.

I had to laugh when you realized what you thought were tights were really footsies because I’ve done the exact same thing. Nervously buying what I thought were pantyhose that turned out to be knee highs… lol.

In the past I had to get up my nerve before going into a store but now I really don’t care and nobody else does either.

Hi Michelle

I think you are right. I am going to a different store tonight and this time, i am going straight to the fem aisle and taking my time choosing what I want.

As others have said we’ve all been there. I decided a while back that I’m not going to hide what/who I am. I overcame my worries slowly, and this was kind of forced upon me…. First I was in Tesco. I was using “scan and go”…. I bought the things I needed grocery wise and then went into the make up aisles and bought lipstick and some stick on nails…. Heart pounding I went to pay. To my dismay, the lipstick had a security thingy on it…. So an assistant had to come and clear it. She commented that the lipstick and nail were a good match…. I paid and left.
      Then in A local Sainsbury I saw a great skirt. I found my size and put it in the basket…. Again, a security tag. The assistant came and removed it without commenting. Got it home, it didn’t fit, so I had to exchange it the next day. So a visit to customer services for the refund. And another visit to the clothing section, find the right size, back to self scan, another security tag… Got it home…. Fitted like a glove….
      Then one day in Primark… With my wife…. Picked up a few great things. My wife hates shopping in town, so she suggested that I try the items on…. Downstairs to the mens section. Show the young lad on the changing rooms that I had three items. He gave me a tag and in I went. 2 out three fitted well…. Came out and gave the lad the item I wasn’t having…. He never said a word. Back up to the ladies section, found the right size, back down to try it on. A different lad on the changing rooms…. Nothing said, item fitted, all was good.
      During each of these occasions, my heart was pounding, my stomach churning….. The next time we went shopping things were different…. I an a crossdresser. This is my life. If I want to wear these things, I must accept that no one really gives a sht, so now it’s head high and get on with it. I now regularly shop for clothes, and I nearly always try them on. The girls on the local TK Max have come to know me. I’m often greeted with an “hello again”. One item, a skirt labeled as a 16 was nearer a 12. I commented on this as I handed it to the girl, and we had a long chat about size variability, and how she has the same problem. She is normally a size 12, but often a 10 is the better fit, but sometimes a 14 is needed. She like me, complained about the lack of belt loops… If a skirt is a bit big, wear a belt…. Not always easy without belt loops.

Basically, what I’m saying, is man up! Walk in, hold your head high, have a good look, get what you need and buy it. Seriously, no one give a flying ****! You might spot someone looking at you, I never have, but looks do not kill. No one has ever been negative in a shop. Try stuff on. You might have to go to the mens changing rooms, but that’s no issue. The more you do it, the more normal it becomes. The more enjoyable it becomes.
      The problem these days is that supermarket clothing section seem to have closed their changing room for good. This is something I miss, but the proper clothing shops are not a problem.
      Head high and enjoy yourself.

Cerys

Congratulations on you first shopping trip Michelle.   With the first time jitters gone, shopping will now become a more confident, enjoyable and rewarding event.

Hi Requal

You are right, today went much much easier, than yesterday.

Love
        Michelle

Hi again girls

I went went to another store, which has a whole fem section of its own. I had everything planned. Buy a few goceries first and then the fem aisle and finally check out. I even had a list from my SO and was ready to do a fake call,should anyone appear.

In i go and was about to grocery shop, when i heard Michelle whispering, “you can do this”. I went over to an assistant and and asked where the fem ailse was. She asked what i was looking for and i replied tight, multi pack panties and sleepwear. She led over to the fem ailse,which was actually a whole corner of the shop and not just an ailse. She showed the panties section and said i should be able get wast i need here and if needed anything else, to ask any of the staff who will pleased to help me.

I spent 15 minutes alone going through panties and bought 2 packs. Same with the tights section. I took my time and made sure i was getting th right ones.onto sleepwear. They had very little choice and the only pink pjs i liked had dumbo the elephant on them. A little too young for me. So that is another day of sleepwear shooping. I can hardly wait.

I had a good look through the tops, skirts and dresses, even putting them up against my bust to see what it would look like and also the length.

I did pick a little black glittery top, with slits in the shoulders, but decided aginst it. I then a look throughh the scarves, hats and jewellery. I did see a nice pair of gold hoop earrings and even put them up to ears to look in the mirror, but i am not pierced, so clip ons will have to do for now.

I then headed to checkout, with nothing but, tights and panties in my basket. Halfway there, i realised the glitter top would probably go with the white skirt i have ordered, so ran back to the fem section to get it. I could see the girls giggling, but not in a bad way.

I did not go to self serve and used a check out till instead. The girl i first spoke to came over and aked if i had gotten everything i wanted. I said all but the sleepwear and she advised me to try Primark next time. She also lifted the top and said it was lovely. She put it up against me and said “that will look gorgeous on you” and walked away. I nearly fainted.

So another clothes shopping trip is required tomorrow, which will be 3 in 3 days. I am such a lucky girl.

Love Michelle

Sylvia
        Lady

Dear Michelle ,

You go Girl !
        Glad it worked out well today.
        Already looking forward to hearing about tomorrows trip.

Love Sylvia.

Hi Sylvia

It went sooo much better than expected and i am already planning tomorrow’s trip to another store.

Love
          Michelle

It is great to read that your confidence has built Michelle.    Sounds like you are becoming an expert shopper.

Hi Requal

I dont think expert is exactly what i would call it

Love
          Michelle

As others said, it gets easier every time as confidence grows. The sizing issue becomes the hardest part. No two brands have the same size scale. Heck, there are variations within the same brand. It can be terribly frustrating, especially if the changing rooms are closed. I have bought many items that were too small. I have no fear with shopping now but doing returns always rattles me.

Beth

Hi Beth

Yes it is pot luck if you cant try something on.

I am going to get a size 8 and size 10 dress and that way, i will have to return at least one of them. I see this as part of my transition, as it something that i still have to get used to. I have never reurned clothes or anything else in my life and to be honest, i am excited about it. Although i may not be that excited, in a few years time.

Love
        Michelle

I was seventeen and had been shopping with mom and  my sister but had never bought any feminine apparel by my self. I had A summer job working for my uncle’s car dealership in the city, one morning while walking to work and passing A small lingerie shop I noticed A beautiful yellow  baby doll nightie that I fell in love with. I thought about it all day while at work and after work I decided to go into the shop and purchase it, I was the only customer in the place and the lady behind the counter asked if she could help me. I told her I wanted the yellow nightie in the window, she asked what size I needed I told her A medium. she went to A drawer and pulled out what I wanted and asked if I wanted it gift wrapped. I told her no and she brought out some lovely panties to show me, by the time I left I not only had the nightie and several panties. The sails lady was so friendly that made for A very positive first shopping experience and I went back there several times and bought lots of nice things.

Hi Sarasue

I have to admit that just grabbing the bull by the horns and going for it, can get unexpected surprises.

What girl doesn’t like surprises?

Love Michelle

Anonymous

Just dressing en femme is a thrill, but shopping, in person is right up there. Combine the two, and … WOW!   When a sales girl compliments what you are wearing and comments on how something you’ve picked up will look on you, that’s the zenith of crossdressing experiences.

Once you get over the fear you will find it’s quite easy to buy any feminine garment you like. Nobody is really interested in what you are purchasing and the sales staff is there to help and not question who you are buying a particular garment for.

When I first started shopping for lingerie I would walk past the lingerie dept. several times looking down the isles scoping out something I liked before heading in to grab what I wanted.  It was scary taking my purchase to the checkout but I got through it.

It was the most rewarding feeling when I got to my car and pulled that beautiful piece of lingerie out of the bag and realized she was mine and no one could take her away from me.

It gets easier every time and becomes a whole lot more fun when you can bring yourself to spend time in the store shopping for just the right outfit and in the right size.

Your intitled to buy and wear anything you like and no one will stop you.

Have fun! get over your fear. Just be aware that shopping can become addicting.

Hi Lacy

You are soooo right. The feeling of just buying a couple of packs of panties, tights and a top was euphoric. I too had the rewarding feeling and am soooo proud of myself. Cant wait for my next trip and if i pluck up the courage, i will get myself properly measured for bras, dresses etc and shoes.

Love
        Michelle

It was already said elsewhere but it bears repeating.
      Once you realize that no one really cares you’ll find a weight drop off your soul and a freedom that you never knew existed. (But maybe that’s just been my experience)

Good luck with all the future shops trips that lay ahead!

Hi Rei

You are totally right.  I never reacted when people approached and they didn’t react either.

Love

Michelle

Anonymous

Great story. Reminds me of the time I decided I really wanted some seamed stockings. I went, stupidly into our local dept store and over several walk bys past the stocking racks I saw none that were seamed, but I really needed some stockings for that evening. Anyway, I did stop long enough to find the right stockings that would suffice and headed to the cash till. Gawd knows how many times I must have walked that aisle. Anyways I picked a time when there was only one person being dealt with and figured they would be gone quickly..but they weren t. They were making lots of enquiries and slowly the queue built up behind me, all women, no suprise as it was the womens section..I could feel the stares , though actually it was probably more in my head than reality.
      Eventually it was my turn and I walked up to pay. Next thing the woman said, in a husky voice “are you sure you ve got what you want as you seemed to be unsure when you were looking?”
      To begin with I was dumbfounded then, quietly, I said I was wondering if they stocked seamed.
      She answered ” no I m sorry, but go into the actual town and look for a shop called Blush, she ll have some…oh and may I say, you ll look great in them with your legs”
      Well I nearly died as Im sure some in the queue heard.
      I found the shop and after passing the door several times I plucked up enough fortitude to enter. The woman was great, even suggesting different lingerie that would suit me and go well with the seams.
      I got back to my car and laughed myself stupid for several minutes. Then I just had to try them on, since no one else parked close by. So out they came and they felt so good…and so intent was I on the feel I didn t notice the guy that had pulled up in his car…right next to me…this was my second death of the day..til he smiled and gave a thumbs up hahaha

Hi Ashleigh

Loved the story and had a good giggle at the end.

At least you got the seamed stockings, that’s the main thing.

Love

Michelle

Hi girls

I made it to ASDA in one piece. I didn’t realise they had such a large fem section. I went up the escalator and all of the sudden the fem section came into view. I was sooo happy I thought I would squeal.

No messing around this time at all. I casually went up and down the ailses, sifting through everything, holding them up against me and two together, so I could compare them. In the panties section, I would lift a pack , carefully read the packaging, check through the pack to see if there were any panties I didn’t fancy and even tried a couple of bras on.

The men never took me on at all, and most of the women gave a brief look and then got on with their own shopping. I wanted to be measured for a bra and clothes size, so I approached a lady and asked if she could measure me. She declined citing Covid. She had scarpered every time I entered an aisle earlier and I thought, I am not letting you off that easy. So, I replied straight back, well what size of dress or skirt so you think would fit me. The look of shock on her face, but fair play to her she said, most likely an 8, possibly a 10, but definitely no bigger than that.

I was there for approx 90 minutes and never left the fem section. I used self service as i didnt know where the till were. I deliberately picked one right next to a burly security guard, who would see exactly what i bought. I had a full basket of nothing but gorgeous fem clothes, including 2 packs of panties. He never batted an eyelid and even said alright,( a friendly expression here)to me when i was leaving.

I was in there for approximately 90 minutes and never left the fem section

I loved every single second of it.

I bought more panties, tights, including a black pair to try with my LBD, 4 tops, a bamboo shower scrubber and 2 cute little heart necklaces. I thought I bought 2 dresses too, but I must have put them down and forgot to lift them again.

So get out there girls and shop til you drop.

Love
      Michelle

Sorry

Hi Michelle

I am trying to be the best girl I can be, without surgery or hormones.

Girls shop in person and so must I. That is why I push myself so hard and to be honest, I still be a little nervous when shopping. But if you just keep browsing the garments in front of you, instead of walking away when someone comes, then it gets easier and easier.  If you look relaxed, nobody notices.

Go outside your area and wear a mask. Don’t think about it, just do it.

Love

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I apologize. I was poking fun at myself. Thuth is I get noticed no matter what section I’m in due to my height. I meant no disrespect and am truly happy for you.

Michelle

I am happy for your good experience Michelle. I think such things make us better and stronger, but it may not feel that way in the moment. I had similar experiences before I began shopping en femme, and I know some must have been amusing to a few sales associates and other customers. The important thing is, You did it!
      Carla

Hi Carla

I must say it was so much easier once i ignored other people and continued shopping, as if there was nobody else there. You also feel so more relaxed and are able to search through the clothes properly and the experience is 1000 times better for that.

Love
        Michelle

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I too went through all the same feelings with my first number of purchases, but learned what you did, as no one seems to care that much what you’re buying!

Likewise with sales clerks. Never have I had a disapproving reaction from a sales lady in a women’s store.

Shopping in person is much better as you can see and touch the items you are interested in.

This has given you so much more confidence to do it even better next time!

Amy

Hi Amy

I totally agree, there were a few garments that i liked, until i actually touched them and did not like the feel of the material.

Love
        Michelle

I’ve been shopping in person forever, started years ago buying my first pair of heels, told them it was for a costume event and tried them on in the store. I just didn’t care what they thought, I was crossdressing long before I met my wife and even managed to try on lingerie and dresses. I still do the same today, I’ve shopped enfemme only once and that was in a specialty adult lingerie and sex toy shop. The owner, a lady, knew I was a CD and wanted to meet Lauren. So I couldn’t resist the opportunity and dressed to the nines from bewigged and made up head to my painted toes. She was thoroughly amazed and didn’t recognize me when I walked in, genuinely thought I was a woman. I now shop in stores where I have become known to and accepted by the staff, so when I show up they all know whatever I’m buying is for me, often helping me and making suggestions. It is really great when you don’t have to be in fear and you can just be yourself. 😉

Hi Michelle
      Oh it is a rush I had the jitters the first time I went shopping. I got stockings pantyhose I now hate them .I wear thigh high nylons which I buy from Steve at the cd shoe store he even calls me Jennifer werher I am in male clothes or female . I shop in Marshalls I go in looking confused go to skits or dresses I know my size I look confused and atract a sales clerk or a gg woman who offers to help me with the new clothing they never asked me for who I was buying for I always wonder if they know? I don’t shop on line so it is A rush good luck Michelle it does get easier don’t be scared

Peace and love

Jennifer Sullivan

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?