Viewing 35 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Shoppaholics everywhere!!…

After reading the hilarious conversation between Stephanie and her dog….it got me thinking….okay, at the end of the week/ month you pay all your bills…everything including food etc….this leaves you with “spending money”….so what percentage of this cash do you spend on ” the girl??”….50%, 75%.  Do you have a list of things you need?, do you save for that bridal gown? or do you rush out and spend spend spend!!?……I seem to have the cash in one hand….and the Amazon “pay for your basket” button in the other…or is it just me ?????

grace xx

Well,Im a virgin when it comes to this,so Im not sure how much in the future,but I know I have spent around $1000 in the last 2 weeks getting started,,lol,and I cant stop looking and thinking “oh thats so pretty,I wonder how it will look/feel?

I am a budgeter by nature. I am cheap and I am frugal.

Basically for every 1000 dollars that gets safely stored away in my bank I get to spend 100 of it on Jenny’s stuff, I usually don’t even spend that much. Thrift stores are so nice and a few work arounds exist that can make it so much easier to save money nowadays. That being said some things you cannot cheap out on and I am saving up for those things.

IsabelB
      Lady

Well, depending on how I look at it, I spend far too much or far too little!  It all depends on perspective and how ‘sensible’ I’m being at any given time.  If I ever have the ‘Do I need it?’ conversation with myself, I probably won’t be buying, but if that question doesn’t come up, well, that’s a different story…
      Buy or not, it’s fun looking anyway, whether on line or in person.

Isabel x

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Grace, I’ve been through my “shopping” phase. I already have way too many clothes and have come to the point where I can only buy something if I get rid of something first.  There are two full closets, two high chests of drawers, two low chests of drawers and there is no way my wife will let me use her closet space (she has the same amount as me). The good thing is that I can be much more picky about what I buy – only good quality things from now on. But I still have a lot of fun looking.  Stay safe, stay healthy, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Well, as a boy , I am so low maintenance. T-shirts, jeans and sneakers. My boy closet is so sparse while my girl closet has taken on a life of its own. There is always something that I see while shopping that I just must add to my girl closet. I have so much that now I am trying to contain myself in the stores and not fill the carts. But it’s just so hard, I want to own everything I see. Cis women are so lucky, they have so many styles and colors and shoes and etc,etc,etc ! Boys in the real world, on the other hand, are limited to the status quo ! That sucks. I lived in the Caribbean for many years as a young adult and wore so many flamboyant outfits and no one gave it a second thought. ( A bright flowered blouse and yellow hip hugger bellbottoms was one that I remember well). We weren’t well off so I would share my moms and my sisters  clothes with them and didn’t think twice about it. GIRLS….if it makes you happy and you look killer in it, buy it, with no regrets !

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Oh my…. trying  not to keep track.  Lol.  I should be a co-owner of the local thrift store by now though.  I can say I’ve spent more on clothing in the past few months for “the girl” then drab old me had in the past few years!  There’s just sooo much out there to choose from.  I do try to control myself buy buying in store with cash only ….  that don’t work out so well with a banking machine next door however. 😅

But, yes, I spend a sizable  amount of discretionary purchases on Me.  Because I’m worth it.  ( and Damn, I enjoy shopping now! )

Stevie

Anonymous

Well Grace, I over spend, I know you don’t have to say it, shoppaholic, if I like it I buy it, end off. I have a good job well paid, widow, kids married,  so enjoy it before the tax man gets it I say. Just opened an Amazon account sweetie so fastest fingers to the lippy, opps you lost he he.

Anonymous

How did I know you would be trouble…grace x

Anonymous

For me, there is only one possible answer:  “I decline to answer, on the grounds that it may incriminate me”; also known as taking the Fifth.

Bettylou

Anonymous

Bettylou…one word describes you perfectly…” priceless”….. huggs, grace x

Anonymous

Hi Grace,

I think in my case, the word should be “price-more”. LOL.  I’m blessed with not having to worry about a budget – but my wife really doesn’t need to know all the details.

Hugs,

Bettylou

I’m a compulsive collector, so in the early days it was like I must have a summer dress, court shoes, lippy, etc, and I’d overspend.

Now the storage is creaking at the seams, and some of the items don’t feel quite right, I’m more careful, and donate to charity, or use the last of a product before buying more.

I still see gaps – last month I had to get some Jecca Blac concealer and restock my costume jewellery, and this month I need hair shine spray to revitalise my wigs, and a new handbag – I keep the monthly budget to a reasonable £50 max, as I’m running low on the pot I made doing consultancy. But, as I say, I have a great selection to choose from, and choice is really important, right? You never know what you’re going to be in the mood for wearing, so it really pays to have options!

Every other penny goes on bills and the kids. They come first 😍

Love Laura

Anonymous

Over spend then bettylou. 👍

Anonymous

Doin’ my best, Amanda.

For me It fluctuates, it’s not a monetary thing. I have seasonal wardrobes and am finding ,as many of you ladies do here ! that we are not useing our wardrobes to there potential so by next summer ,I will be attempting a FEMM’ CLENSE. in order to replenish my stock .Easy to say and almost impossible to do .Good luck to me. Py xx

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I actually keep track of finances to the level that I have a somewhat good idea on how much I spend on Kelly, the answer is of course to much.
      To not overspend that much I have a personal rewards system, do something big and get to buy that skirt/heel. It does also motivate me to do some of the less interesting tasks. Right now I’m working on a basement renovation and once that is finished and approved by her I will have a shopping spree on aliexpress, hopefully that will come around christmas so then my presents to my self is done.

/kt

Anonymous

How much do I spend on Kay? Not enough!

I am sorry your grace, but on that subject I feel I must plead the fifth!….even to myself.

What, these old things? I’ve had them in the closet forever, I just never found the right occassion to wear them until just now.

Yes, of course I have a wish list and I’m working on it slowly, but those darn bills just keep showing up and they come first…most of the time.

DeLora
      Lady

I am pretty careful with my spending. Over the last year I have probably spent an average of $20/month on things that are uniquely Delora.

I typically shop in charity shops or discount stores.  I mostly want clothes that I can use for everyday stuff. I have no need for fancy evening-wear. Just a simple top and leggings will do me most of the time.

Hello Grace

Male me, Neil, allows Natasha no limit.

If you catch Natasha out on the right day. You will see her in a yellow Lamborghini.

Hugs

Natasha 💋

Ive only started rebuilding my wardrobe in the last month or two, and this time around it’s with both guns blazing. My Previous CD was only stockings,underwear and a few tops.

As I’ve embraced Rei and found spousal acceptance my purchases have been a little overboard, like, who needs 6 pairs of ankle boots and 8 pairs of skinny jeans? Bought couple of wigs last night, some stockings this evening. Next will be make up (once I study up on this so I can get an idea what the heck I’m doing)

Long story short, it’s been a lot right now, and no end in sight yet. And I 💕 LOVE ❤️ it!

[postquote quote=395808]
      Congratulations, Bobbi!!!

…wondered where you’d got to…

💖💖💏👰💍

IsabelB
      Lady

[postquote quote=395808]

Congratulations, Bobbi!  🙂 🙂

The very best wishes to you both.

Isabel x

Thanks Grace for an outstanding post.

I spend way too much time browsing the ASOS iPhone app, and… I have overspent quite a bit over the last six months. The ASOS app makes it too easy to spend.

Anonymous

Sorry Stephanie…”The ASOS app makes it too easy to spend”….is just not good enough..

I am afraid you will have to stand up at the next shopaholic meeting…( and believe me, we will ALL be there) .” Hello, I am Stephanie and I have not bought anything for…….”

Smiles, grace  💋💋

Omg this is a wonderful question id say i spend about 75% on girl things just bought some new panti girdles on Amazon how pretty they are with the little bow on front. Im  very happy spending money on ambermaria. Cause she is always happier in life.

Anonymous

Congratulations bobbi, wish all the best and much love. 🥂

Hi. My name is Stephanie, and I haven’t bought anything in the last seven days… 🤣 Thanks Grace

rhonda
      Lady

Well I spend what ever it takes to sooth the Spirit

Lea
      Lady

My weakness is seeing some cute item on ultra clearance or the thrift shop sale. Just tjis week, I added 3 pairs of heels, a bra, 2 dresses, and a top, all $1 each. My collection is growing, hoping someday I get to wear it all more often instead of mostly at home.

Anonymous

Thanks Lea…I love thrift shops….but heels for a dollar a pair…. I’m clearly living on the wrong continent…sooooo jealous.

Grace xx

I am just getting started so when you need everything the cash register just keeps ringing and Amazon smiles even more.

I shudder to think…

I really do not know.  I try to plan and all, but I also love impulse shopping.  I have tried to keep track several times in the past, but it just fell to side.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Paula

two of my favourite words in one sentence, “impulse shopping”…mmm

Smiles, grace xx

[postquote quote=396129]
      Yup, the struggle is real!

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Early on in my career I spent some time in retail. Marketing to the impulse buyer was always fun and the  challenge.  So I’ve never been an impulse buyer. Now that I’m retired, I almost never shop online without being somewhat dressed. My problem is that I keep getting taunted by all of these adds for woman’s clothes, they are relentless. It seems that I like everything I see. Good lord, I need some restraint !

I may have to look into a support group for this.

Once my monthly bills are paid the rest is on ‘Nikki’!!:)

I could keep spending on clothes for Wendy days on end.

Unfortunately, much to the chagrin to my wife, I have been spending just wayyyyyy too much $$$ on clothing, especially swimsuits.  Being realistic, I have to agree.  I would have to estimate I have spent at least $2000 – 3000 on swimsuits alone.  But it never feels enough.

I am scared to wager how much I’ve spent on blouses, skirts, accessories, …

I’m trying to pull the back on my spending, as it has gotten way out of hand.  Plus, I’ve ran out of room to put it all (I have to seriously make some purges on stuff I no longer wear soon).

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

Hey ladies, while most of us spend way to much on our feminine side I think we can justify it by saying that we have a few years/decades of shopping to catch up on.

/kt

Anonymous

Kt

That is such an awful excuse….

so awful it’s brilliant….why didn’t I think of that???

smiles, grace x

I am very frugal with my shopping. Since my wife knows of my dressing and we have joint finance accounts (which i am very OK with) I ensured her that i would not spend the money earned by our main incomes to pay for anything for Jamie. As a result I restrict my purchasing to money I received from gifts/gift cards/poker/side work income etc. This makes it easily negotiable with my wife and effectively I have my own budget with an overall ‘not-to-exceed’. This keeps me in check when I see what I want to buy now versus saving up for the distant future based on what is in the ‘bank’. Also, it keeps me honest to resists temptations for impulse buying…and that is a VERY good thing.

Sam, can drop some money! lol Sky is the limit!

-SR-

Anonymous

🍾🍾🍾 Congratulations 💐💐💐

BOBBI

best wishes for a wonderful future for you both

Grace xx

Anonymous

Oh Bobbi….even a newly wed ” Supergirl” has to spend, spend, spend…..I like your style…grace x

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?