• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by J J.
Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’ve noticed that when I dress up, and that’s not nearly often enough, that my aches and pains seem to vanish into thin air. Knee pain? Gone. Shoulder pain? Never heard of it. Back pain? What’s that? The only one that comes up is the pain in both feet, and even that disappears initially but comes back after about 20 minutes of walking in my heels. And to be clear, I’m not a hypochondriac. I’ve had reasons over the last 30 years, to have these various pains and problems looked at by doctors, which includes x-rays and MRI’s, to verify that there is in fact some kind of structural problem. So, my question for you ladies is this: When you dress, do your aches and pains seem to vanish like smoke in the wind? If so, why do you think this occurs? Euphoria?

Hugs my dear girls, Jill

While there is initial euphoria when I dress, after a while my back starts to hurt from wearing a corset too tight, and my feet start to hurt from walking in high heels.  Your mileage may vary.

High heels seem to hurt everyone after a while. My wife refuses to wear them because the hurt her feet too much. But I’d never heard of a corset hurting someone’s back before. I’ve never worn a corset, but maybe someday I’ll get one. Hopefully, it doesn’t hurt me but I’ll keep your experience in mind when I go shopping for one. Thank you.

Hugs, Jill

Anonymous

I can’t claim that presenting as a woman has alleviated any particular maladies, but you know, perhaps when you are feeling good about yourself the minor grievances don’t matter much

Mother Nature is telling you to dress more often!

Hi Kim,

I think you’re right about feeling good about myself, and how it is possibly having a positive effect on my overall being. This is something I’ve considered before, but without proof, I can’t say what the actual reason is.  You’re also correct that I need to dress more often. I just wish I had that kind of time.

Take care, Jill

Hey Jill,  I do believe that it is the utter joy that we feel at the moment we step out onto the stage.  It cancels all aches, pains, cares and worries until reality sneaks in (and that is about 12:30 for me when I finally take my heels off).  Party on!  Marg

I certainly feel very joyous when I’m dressed and feeling so in touch with my feminine side. We all MUST feel that way, otherwise we wouldn’t do this. It’s an addiction for me, that’s for sure!

Hugs, Jill

Perhaps a rush of adrenaline, or a spike in serotonin, endorphins, dopamine, oxytocin levels making all your aches and pains go away for a while. I know my happy hormones spike when Bianca comes out to play.

B x

Hello Bianca,

Your explanation is as good any as I can come up with. I just wish I could make use of this phenomenon while in drab. Chronic pain is such a drain on both happiness and energy levels.

Hugs beautiful lady, Jill

I agree with Bianca. If you did it everyday the benefits would eventually wear off. Maybe it’s a good thing you don’t get to dress as often as you would like. Enjoy!

I’ve wondered about that too, Madeline. The funny thing about it is that it isn’t even a sexual thrill. It’s just a thrill to be able to express this wonderful and sensitive side of myself.

Hugs, Jill

Clara
      Lady

I fully agree, my back pain, sciatic nerve pain all seems to vanish when dressed as Clara.  I see more relaxed and at ease with the world, all my stress just seems to vanish.

That’s exactly how I feel, Clara! It’s an additional reason (as if we needed one 😉) to dress ourselves as women and forget our day to day troubles!

🤗, Jill

“Bent back or stiff knees,
      You stand straight at Tiff’ny’s.
      Diamonds are a girl’s best friend!”

Hi Jill
      Being the woman we want to be the we forget all our troubles, our minds are elsewhere we have forgotten all those ailments because we have escaped from that other life. Our minds now are feeling more positive because we are happy and thinking of all the nicer things about ourselves, reality check life is about positive thinking if you think more positively most of lifes ailments go.
      Love Sarah xx

Sarah, I wish I could train my brain to forget the pain at will, as opposed to by happenstance. But any break from pain that doesn’t involve pharmaceuticals is welcome.

Hugs, Jill

J J
          Lady

You actually can, and that psychological aspect is becoming more common in chronic pain management.

There is a very interesting episode on the brain and pain management on the Science Verses podcast.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

The happiness you experience when dressing helps offset the pain sensations and you don’t dwell on them as much. They really don’t go away totally but are overtaken by the mind enjoying the dressing experience. A classic case of mind over matter!

Fiona, You nailed it! Mind over matter. It’s funny to me how it happens as a byproduct of my dressing and not a concentrated effort on my part.

Hugs, Jill

J J
      Lady

This is not surprising at all, doing something pleasurable releases all kinds of body chemicals that make us feel better. It is why we do many things, including things they may not be god for us (of which dressing is not one.) We gamble because we get pleasure when we win, we go for a run because of endrophins that are released.

As I have said here many time, I dress because I enjoy it. No doubt some of that pleasure is chemicals my body releases. Stress, and stress relief are two sides of the same coin. As long as you do not obsess about dressing I feel it is a perfectly healthy, normal activity, no different from stamp collecting or fishing. They are just activities we enjoy doing.

JJ, The chemicals that are released  when we’re engaging in something pleasurable pleasurable, is the euphoria I was speaking of. But it’s just amazing to me how these pains that I suffer from daily, disappear so suddenly. And I’m very grateful for that break. And like you, I dress simply because I enjoy it.

Hugs, Jill

Hi Jessica!

Stress is definitely a factor in how much pain we experience and it may be a contributing factor in my own chronic pain, but I’m not sure. I know that I have some actual medical issues, such as, a bone in my lower back is missing, causing a shearing effect on my spinal cord. And interestingly enough, I have an extra bone floating around in my left shoulder, which is one of three problems with that shoulder. But it’s very strange how the pain is missing when I’m dressed as Jill. Like I said before, maybe it’s the euphoria of dressing that suppresses the pain. Maybe it’s the lack of Eric’s problems and Jill’s relatively carefree life that makes it all better, even if only for a while. But yes, I NEED to dress more often!

Hugs, Jill

“Dead idiots”. PRICELESS!!!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?