Are You Really Livi...

Notifications
Clear all

Are You Really Living As A Woman Part Time?

29 Posts
8 Users
0 Thanks
Admin
Topic starter
(@cdh)
Famed Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America
wpf-cross-image

Since the start of Esprit I've spent more than half of the time as Vanessa. I've gone out, gone shopping, met people and generally just carried on about the business of life as a woman every other week. Yet in a few weeks this will change. I start my new job soon, and my time en femme will become much more limited - at least until I go full time, which is still a 9-12 months away.

This got me thinking, what does it mean to live "part time" as a woman? Are there a certain number of days each week you need to spend en femme to qualify as a part time woman? Or does it have to do more with the nature of the time you spend as a woman?

Is it the case that the part time woman does things a woman would normally do, while a "non part time woman" is limited to only certain activities - perhaps only ever presenting in the safety of her home?

I wonder whether it could be the slow separation of your life into two parts - where certain people only know you as a woman, and you only attend certain activities as a woman. Perhaps your electrologist and fellow book club attendees only every see your femme side, and in this respect you're part time.

Or does part time imply a direction - on the way from "no time woman" to "full time woman", so being part time is defined more by your direction towards a destination than where you are at the moment.

I'm not really hung up on labels, and I would describe myself as a part time woman even when I'm no longer able to present as such every second week. But I am interested in how you would describe a part time woman. Take a moment to answer the poll below and let me know 🙂

[poll id="32"]

28 Replies
(@Jessica Sideways)
Eminent Member

Being part time means what you want it to mean. You don't have to spend a certain number of hours dressed as a woman to be living part time. In my mind, the whole "part-time", "full-time" thing is an insult in my mind as it insinuates that we are only women if we look the part.

Admin
Topic starter
(@cdh)

Ahh, well said Jessica. Is womanhood so easy to claim as just putting on a dress, or so difficult as living in that dress? Perhaps in claiming womanhood we lose our inherent female nature and become something we strive for, rather than what we are.

Very insightful...

1 Reply
(@Jessica Sideways)

Eminent Member

Does a woman stop being a woman when she cuts her hair short and wears a suit and tie? Is Ellen not a woman because she has a more butch presentation? I knew and dated a butch lesbian transsexual woman and she was happy in her presentation.

(@Jessica Sideways)
Eminent Member

This was a hard one to answer. I dress en femme part time. But as my wife pointed out to me I am becoming more of a woman everyday. With my actions, personality, and attitude. So its hard for me to say if I am a woman part or full time. For the simple fact as my wife told me it takes more then clothes to be a woman. So I guess it all depends on how you define being a woman. Michelle

(@Jessica Sideways)
Eminent Member

I wear women's clothing every day of the week, but that doesn't mean that I feel I'm presenting myself as a women every day of the week. It does take more than clothes. For me it includes the name I use to interacting with others.

I'm not insulted by the terms part-time, full-time; I don't get that same insinuation. How am I presenting myself to me and to others is at least one way that I would determine whether I'm part-time or full-time. Right now I don't have the "look", but I am acting in my interests that is the interest of being "Elly". Am I then or am I not presenting as a women?

I don't know if I have a solid answer for that.

(@Jessica Sideways)
Eminent Member

Wow, dressing is but one aspect of being a woman. A woman is a way of viewing and thinking about things which contrasts to yes , the other gender, men to a degree. Contrast does not always mean disagree , just a different view. Realizing our womanhood in garments and presentation is fine, but I believe for some of us it run deeper and clearly for those who transition, I speculate the clothes and the rest just fulfilled something inside.

1 Reply
(@Jessica Sideways)

Eminent Member

It brought us a small comfort but being someone who needed to transition, I know how strong and hard that drive was.

(@Jessica Sideways)
Eminent Member

In my heart and soul, I have been a full time woman since birth. In the last 20 years since I have come out to my friends, they have all gotten to know and view me as a female even when I am not dressed female.
I have always lived full time female, Hiding and scared for many years maybe, but nevertheless, I have always been there.
I just don;t always dress full time....YET!
Being born in the wrong body with boy parts and dressing in boy clothes doesn't make you a boy.

(@Jessica Sideways)
Eminent Member

WOW. That is a loaded question and it made me thnk. I guess I have always felt I was a woman. A woman in the wrong body as long as I can remember. I know I asked that question many times when I was young and all through schooling and university. I can remember a lot of my drives between Vancouver, BC and Portland, Oregon thinking I should have been a woman. And in my latter life I do fell I am a woman all the time. However work and community at this time don't allow me to be a woman 24/7 physically but I do feel in my heart and sole I am a woman all the time. I have admitted it to several people, however I must be carefully do too my role in the community. But you never know what will happen

Carrie

2 Replies
Admin
(@cdh)

Who we truly are doesn't depend on what we wear. Yet at the same time what we wear is a reflection of who we are when we are free to be ourselves.

(@Jessica Sideways)

Eminent Member

very true

(@Jessica Sideways)
Eminent Member

I don't feel it is a matter of being full/part time. It is more of a quality time. I can have quality time at home or out and about. I feel it it is the comfort zone you are in at the time. For instance I like football, attend games, and usually only partially dressed (under things), but if I am out for the evening (dinner/ shopping) then I am fully en femme.
I think the situation dictates these decisions.

(@Jessica Sideways)
Eminent Member

If dressing is the only gauge i am truley part time. Mentally I am a part time male because I feel I have to play the role I present.

(@Jessica Sideways)
Eminent Member

Women come in many varieties -- in their shapes, in their sizes, in their styles, and so very much on and so forth. Is a genetic woman not a woman anymore if she's wearing canvas pants, a t-shirt, and a ball cap, holding a shovel, and digging in the back yard garden? I'm a genetic woman and I'll tell you that I'd still feel like a woman. If you feel like a woman no matter what you're wearing, then you're a woman no matter what you're wearing, period. It's for YOU to feel, not for onlookers to decide.

And maybe it's not binary. Maybe you feel differing proportions of each at different times.

I guess this is my very long-winded way of saying, clothes may make the man, but they don't make the woman. 😉

-D

2 Replies
Admin
(@cdh)

I think you needed some background music cresting to a crescendo as you finished your comment love. Very well said!

(@Jessica Sideways)

Eminent Member

Amen to that

Strange Nurse I solute you, well said

🙂

(@Jessica Sideways)
Eminent Member

As much as I would love to tell you that I am a woman inside,I know that I am not.I am of the third gender..a blender,I guess. Since early childhood,I have had a serious interest in wearing "girl clothes" as well as more than a casual interest in makeup.I dress everyday,even if not going anywhere out.However,I skip most makeup when staying home...I truly wear "boy clothes" only to do my manly work[for myself.]I rollerblade in fem mode,almost daily..sort of a release for me. BUT,I KNOW THAT I DON"T HAVE ALL OF A WOMAN'S FEELINGS ABOUT LIFE,and never will. I have proven that through observing my wife and daughter and realizing that they are different from me.Our common grounds are clothes and makeup.For me,that is as good as it gets..The world expects me to be a worthy male,I can't change that!

(@Jessica Sideways)
Eminent Member

Hi I think people shouldn't put us in pigeon holes males in one females in another and only come together to bread. There is a third sex out here called " the inner sex" this is what we as cross dressers & trans people fall into.My self i'm a m2f cross dresser and have been since 5 yrs old. I have posted a blog on wordpress about me. I will post it here as well to let you all know me.

(@Jessica Sideways)
Eminent Member

Hi all vickie here well as promised here is the blog i have done for you all.

Hi I have been cross dressing since i was about 5 years old. It is a way of life for me not some sexual kick, it has never been that way for me. When I started dressing up i was in the bathroom trying on my sisters clothes. No one ever knew till years later, when I told my partner now my second wife about it. I came from a working class family with old fashioned idea’s. Boys do not dress like girls, but we know we do. I constantly dressed up through my child hood & into my teens. I hated puberty as my body changed from a boy’s to a young man’s. All those years I tried to do the boyish things, but i knew I was different from my friends. In lots of ways I was a loner but a loner with good friends. But had to keep the dressing up a secret from every one. Now these days dressing up has a name its called CROSS DRESSING. Even today’s society do not understand us, in some people’s eye’s we are sissy’s, poof’s queers, laughed at and a number of other names. But I am glad to say these people are in a minority. There are a few types of cross dressers these are :- the ones that go out semi dressed- underwear only, full time cross dressers- female clothes 24/7 & the closet- cross dressers who only dress up on their own & don’t let any one know. the last one is the part time dresser who goes out dressed and in their home dressed but dresses as a man when needed to be. Me I fall into the latter, but given the chance would be a full time female dresser. It is a on going thought with me that some day I might be able to afford a boob job and live out my life how I was intended to live as a female not this male body I was born with. Being a male it seems like that we have to perform in such a way like being tough, be the head of the house hold, for lots of males feel threatened by females in the work place if women have a higher position than them.Well good on the women if they earned it to be that high. Ask your self this question, its OK for women to ware trousers & t-shirt’s when they go out, so why the hell can’t men ware skirts & dresses?. The answer is the 2nd world war. It was so the land girls didn’t get their dresses messed up in the potato fields. Also save on material. So live and let live as the saying goes. Every one has the right to live their lives as they wish.There is nothing wrong with cross dressing, so put on your heels slap on make up pull on a skirt stuff them bra’s and enjoy.

2 Replies
(@Jessica Sideways)

Eminent Member

wow, your story is so similar to mine it's uncanny, thank you for sharing.

(@Jessica Sideways)

Eminent Member

Vickie

As Helen Boyd points out in her book "My Husband Betty", women have earned the right to wear men's clothes. Men have not yet earned the right to wear women's clothes.

Helena

(@Jessica Sideways)
Eminent Member

I have only just joined and find all the comments brilliant, it has helped me a lot, still hiding a bit indoors. Over the last few weeks my wife has got a bit friendlier, thinks she is beginning to like the other bitch xx

Page 1 / 2
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?