My boyfriend is a c...

Notifications
Clear all

My boyfriend is a crossdresser, what do I do?

52 Posts
3 Users
0 Thanks
Admin
Topic starter
(@cdh)
Famed Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America
wpf-cross-image

You're likely feeling a bit shocked - after all, this is unlikely to be something you expected when you entered the relationship. Your boyfriend was probably wracked with fear when you first found out, and it's likely he didn't tell you himself because he feared that you wouldn't accept his crossdressing. He may be both nervous and eager to share more details with you. Don't let him go faster than you feel comfortable with. After all, he has been dealing with this for years and you only just found out.

You shouldn't fear that you're in this alone - It is surprisingly common for men to crossdress, at least occasionally. Some estimates say that roughly 5% of men are transgendered. There are many organizations that help wives and girlfriends, we have a program on Crossdresser Heaven exclusively for significant others where you can find resources, support and encouragement.

You may feel many emotions, and may even surprise yourself by having fun together when he's crossdressing. If that's the case, go with it! Don't feel like you need to conform to an outdated set of societal norms!

A great resource is a book written by Peggy Rudd called 'My Husband Wears My Clothes'. I've included a link below. This book was written by a woman whose husband is a crossdresser. Peggy provides insight, comfort and support for any woman who finds out that her beloved is a crosdresser.

Hugs

Vanessa

51 Replies
(@Elaine)

Dear Vanessa,
I am a male and cross dressing secretly without anyone knowledge. I have a girlfriend and I am having difficulties in life thinking whether I should forced myself to stop this for the sake of my relationship. I had gave some indication to my girlfriend about my crossdressing interest but she hated the idea and not willing to accept it. I really wanted to continue my relationship but it is so difficult trying not to think about crossdressing. So far, 1 week is the longest I can stay away from my bras and panties... Please advice.. I need help badly..
thank you.
Elaine xxx

(@Elaine)

Dear Elaine,
I know I am not Vanessa and cannot give exactly the same advice as she would. However I do believe that if you are truly trying to conserve this relationship of yours you need to find some time to have a serious discussion about it. She may not go for it right off the bat and that has to be expected(we're not exactly the majority here are we?). I am of the opinion that if you plan on taking a relationship anywhere that goes farther than a couple of dates you need to tell her. This is a big part of your life and there is simply no reason to give that up. Again I stress to break it to her lightly but be firm that this is who you are. I do not know the pain of having to go through hiding this as my girlfriend is actually the one to bring it up to me so I cannot say i know how you feel. I do know that i've tried to stop this before and i didn't like it. If this is who you are tell her. If she doesn't like it it's her loss. You sound like a perfectly fine Crossdresser to me.
Wishing you the VERY best,
Ashley

2 Replies
Admin
(@cdh)

Ashley - well said, this is good advice. Share with her, but be open to her not accepting right away. Be gentle, realize that this will be hard on her, but don't commit to changing who you are just to be with her.

Lady
(@chuck)

Trusted Member     West Texas area, Texas, United States of America

And, the reason that you're suggesting that she not change to conform to a relationship goal is that is almost impossible to stop, right? It is exremely difficult if not nearly impossible to stop dressing in whatever degree one is dressing. And, the other question is why would you want to stop? it hurts no one, for one thing.

(@Elaine)

Hi Ashley,
Thank you for your kind words. In fact, each time i think of talking to my girlfriend seriously, I felt embarassed. I don't know why I feel such way. She always sees me as a tough guy. Maybe it's becouse in my country, the people here are not really that open. I do agree with you. I will do my best and discuss this over with her seriously. Thank you for your encouragement.

Regards,
Elaine..

3 Replies
Admin
(@cdh)

Elaine, I would caution against trying to change who you are for her sake. It may work for a few weeks, or a few months, but I've heard of very few crossdressers who have "cured". I would encourage you to find others in the crossdressing community you can share your experiences with, and to try to communicate openly and honestly with your girlfriend. I know that this may be difficult for her to accept, but life will throw even more challenging things at us, that will try the love and care we have for each other.

(@Elaine)

I had the same problem when thinking about telling my future wife at the time. It started when I was about five years old.I have always felt as though I was indeed a female ,so I started to dress the part.When I reached my thirties,I met a woman and I ended up engaged to her. She started me on pills that were supposed to stop male pattern baldness. It did work ,but it had more side effects that I wasn't going to find out avbout tilll later on down the road.I found out later that the pills shre had been giving me were birth control pills. When I started growing breasts is when I confronted her and she told me the truth. She told me that she wanted the rest of my body to match my long slender legs. Sher got her wish ! I went from being 38-32-38 ,to a feminine 42-30-41 figure. I love the new me,I just wish it could have happened 20+ years ago !

Admin
(@cdh)

AngelaMarie - I'm happy it turned out well. Sometimes I wish my wife were as supportive about me taking hormones. I would encourage you to see a doctor though, hormones can have other health risks, apart from the more pleasant side effects, such as larger breasts.

Hugs,
Vanessa

(@Elaine)

is it really true that by taking birthtaking pills one would grow breasts and turn looking a bit feminine style

1 Reply
Admin
(@cdh)

Birthcontrol pills have female hormones in them, but taking hormones when not under a doctor's care can be dangerous. If you or someone you love is considering hormones I highly recommend you consult a doctor. Apart from the desired effects (breast growth, female fat distribution), there are many other health risks that go along with hormones, such as an increased risk of stroke.

(@Elaine)

I would like to find another crossdresser in New Phila,Dover that I can talk too one on one. I told a lady of mine she was Ok as long as I didn't borrow her stuff. Right now we no longer see each other so I have know one. My two X's didn't know a thing about me cross dressing #2 and I were married 24yrs.she never knew. It was hard on me not telling afew tines it came up for another person she stated if every she say me like that her and my kids were going. When I was little & did something wrong my mom would put my sister or her stuff on me.
I realy would like to find someone around here to talk to and may dress up for he could do the same.

1 Reply
Admin
(@cdh)

Hey Randy, have you tried look at http://www.tri-ess.org They may have a chapter that meets near you.

(@Elaine)

I even dont know what to do:(I can't accept that the man next to me is a crossdresser,I want to be a wife of a normal man.I found out two weeks ago that my lovely hubby is into men!!!What do I have to do???He tells me that he loves me,but i really think that he is more into my beauty and clothes.I feel so bad,cause i really loved him.......

4 Replies
Admin
(@cdh)

Amely, I can only imagine how hard this is on you. Please know that you have the right to feel frustrated, angry or confused by all this. It sounds like he's just landed a double whammy on you - that he is bisexual and a crossdresser.

My prayers are with you. The thing I recommend most of all is lots of good, open, honest communication. Share your thoughts and feelings while you listen to his. Don't give up just yet dear.

(@Elaine)

I just found out a VDay that my boyfriend is a crossdresser and I don't know what to do because I really do love him. I feel your pain and I understand what you mean about him being more into your beauty and clother than you.

(@Elaine)

Don't know quite how to start this letter to you all.But I'll give It a shot ok?Well my Crossdressing started way back when I was around 6 or 7 year's old or so..My best rememberence was the first time I seen my Mother putting on her Pantyhose and Girdle & Bra.She worked In a nursing home.She wore those long white doctor like dress I believe.I just didn't know how to react to seeing my Mother dressing.I wasn't quite In school yet,This was on a week end I think?Well any way,when mom left for work,my Aunt's were living with us.They baby sitted for my Mom and father.I think I went Into my Mother's bedroom,without them seeing me.I went through my Mother's dresser drawer's.I found so many Intimat Item's.The most stuff that was In there,was her Pantyhose.I think that when I put them Into my hand's,the material,made me feel something I never felt before.I then sneaked back to my bedroom,and started to play with them.I then put them on my leg's,cause I knew how,cause I seen my Mother put them on her leg's so many time's.

(@Elaine)

he mustt be bi but if he says that he wants to be with u then ur the one he wants to be with.he decided to marry u and not someone else.

(@Elaine)

im in the same boat my boyfriend is a cross dresser i found out myself when i confronted him he told me everything he says he is straight and loves me can this be?? he sais he wants a future with me as man and wife is this possible in this situation??

1 Reply
Admin
(@cdh)

Hi hon,
It is possible to live happily with a crossdresser as man and wife - I know many couples who have been together for many years where the husband is a crossdresser. You should go into this with your eyes open, there is going to be a lot of open communication and at times compromises that both of you need to make.

My advice is to take it slow, make sure that your boyfriend understands how far he wants to take crossdressing - if he were to become a woman that would create a whole different dynamic to your relationship that you may or may not appreciate - and keep the lines of communication open.

The fact that he has trusted you with a secret like this means that he cares for you very deeply dear.

Good luck!

(@Elaine)

Thank you, I needed that advice as well. My boyfriend told me that a while back and I was cool with it then, helping him buy clothes and things. I grew up in a town where you would see crossdressers all the time so I thought I was cool with it. Then he went to a dragshow while I was out of town and once I was home I was greeted with pics on facebook that made me feel uncomfortable, but I hurt him by telling him that. So I told him I would get over it, and now am educating myself and supporting himin everyway I can.
I love you hon

2 Replies
(@Elaine)

Erin, good for you hon. Education on this subject is an absolute must. Please learn all you can. That way, you will be able to make informed, rational decisions about where and how far you both want to go with his/her crossdressing. If you notice, there is a listing of books on this site. Look them over and choose the ones that most closly fit your situation and read them.
Most of all, love your crossdresser and be supportive of her as far as you can. Compromise is the key here for both of you. Talk about what each of you wants and try to come to an agreement about it. Most of all, love him and support him. this is a time of major adjustment for you both. Given time, I'm sure that both of you will make this work, and maybe even enjoy the time together as girls. You may find that her personality will change some while she is en femme. I know that mine does. I become softer, quieter and much calmer when I am Ragina, and my stress levels go way down as well.
Have fun discovering your SO's femminine side and don't forget that a compliment every once in a while goes a long way, too. Good fortune to you both and prayers are with you, too.

Lady
(@chuck)

Erin,
May I ask what it was that cause the hurt for you? The fact that he was sneaking around or going to the drag show or both? It seems to me that the honesty situation is one of the concerns that women usually have to some degree or another. They say, if you're not honest about this, what else are you being dishonest about? It can be unsettling to most women. And, sometimes they do have valid concerns about that.

(@Elaine)

I just found out my BF is a crossdresser and I am supportive, but I somehow feel like he is more attracted to what I wear and not me.. I am trying to be open minded about this, but it makes me feel like I am not enough. __We have been together almost a year and our sex life is pathetic... I am just scared if it's like this now, what it is going to be like in the future if we get married.__Is this normal?__I'm afraid a skirt turns him on more that me..__Any advise?__

(@Elaine)

i am cross dreser male with marry

(@Elaine)

I am 28 year cd. Since childhood i wanted to look like female and secretly wearing my sisters clothes. Now i wear bhabhi's saree jwellary and make up with inner garment. Sometime i go out wearing bra under my clothes. I like feeling of bra. I wish to have my nose and ear pierced. Saree is my favourate gown.

2 Replies
(@Elaine)

Hello everyone I just found this site and decided to look into it. My fiance is a cross dresser. Its been 2 years now since he told me. He told me he first knew when he watched his mum put on high heels when he was little and then tried them on for himself. Now every night he has to wear a pair of heels. It is weird for me because I do want just a normal man but i have to accept it if i want to stay with him. We have a shoe cupboard and he has his own collection of girly clothes. This is normal in our relationship now and i dont think much of it but sometimes it does get to me. It has been a very hard thing to accept but I cannot think of life without him and i think that there are worse things he could be doing with his life. We have a great life together everything is perfect so i shouldnt let it get to me because its something that i cannot force him out of.

Lady
(@chuck)

hello Shygirluk

first, when you say "normal" man, you are referring to what? 🙂 you say it 'gets to you". what about it causes the concern or consternation? the fact that he likes women's clothes? How do those make YOU feel? they're pretty sexy, right? Can't a guy enjoy that same sensation?

(@Elaine)

my bf is a dickhead about his "crossdressing" i cant talk to him about it or he gets "uncomfortable" but totally disregards the fact that i will need to know about this due to the fact it is my life with him! is that selfish, so if understanding is what a crossdresser wants maybe its not all bout them, maybe they can answer some quetions to the person dealing with it!

2 Replies
(@Elaine)

He needs to open up to you and realize the fact that since you want to talk about it with him, you are opened minded and want to be part of his life. As his life includes a feminine side, he needs and is obligated to reveal that side of himself to you. If he does and is honest with himself and you, your relationship will flourish because of it. Just tell him you realize he does not have a choice in the matter and that it is better not to hide it from you and you need to share in the experience it is part of him and part of you now.

Lady
(@chuck)

ms sh.- You raise some good points and thank you for posing this question and sharing your feelings about this. You didn't elaborate much on your point other than he gets uncomfortable about his crossdressing and presumably either gets mad or clams up and doesn't want to talk about it.

And, maybe it sounds as if you want some sort of "logical" explanation of the "what fors" and "why's of why he crossdresses. Well, in many cases, that is the 1 million dollar question that many of us have a difficult time explaining ourselves, much less to someone we love and are pressing hard for answers to questions that we, as CD's have a difficult time putting a finger on the answer or pinning down the origins of the desires to CD.

I can tell you that, from my perspective anyway, when i dress, i feel like i'm on cloud nine and just the mere fact that I'm wearing all sorts of pretty clothes, are reveling in the flood of sensations of being a bit girly. It is just so thrilling to get to do that. I can't explain why but it does. I would wager he can't put his finger on it any more than most of us can. Many of us see women as being beautiful and there's a certain amount of envy of the fact that they can get all dolled up and be so pretty....it's just overwhelming. And getting to join in on that fun can be so thrilling.

of course, there are those of us who are dressing and end up looking like caricatures of women for any number of reasons but we still love doing it.

So, your answer in part is that he likes to feel girly. He's stepping on the other side of the fence and it's fun. He's emulating what he perceives as being female look and mannerisms and he likes doing it. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, as they say. Getting to be one of the "girls" is such a thrill for many of us. It doesn't make us gay, although some might be.

But, as you already know, women's clothes are so much softer both in appearance and the look, touch and feel. He feels that inside and wants to act on it. It has nothing to do with him thinking that you're inadequate or lacking in any way. In fact, he's wanting to share this very secret side of himself with you because he trusts you and wants to open up more and hopes you will be accepting of his little idiosyncrasy. That's all it is.

Getting over the hurdle is likely going to require the two of you having an open and honest discussion, difficult as it may be.....if that's what you want to do in order to find some sort of satisfactory resolution to this.

Once again, he likely can't answer the "WHY" question because he doesn't know that answer himself. If you really want to pursue getting the communication going so that you can actually have a dialogue on this, it might be a good tactic to do so more from a reassuring angle rather than the hardcore detective angle. I'm not saying you are doing the latter but that's usually how that line of questioning goes from the shocked significant other in these situations from what I can tell. It's akin to asking him why he likes to breathe? then, pressing hard to get a definitive answer as to why and all the rest. Believe me, it's hard wired into his brain that he enjoys dressing up in women's clothes in whatever degree he likes to do it.

I've had the same conversation with my wife. She is immensely perplexed at why I would even "want" to wear any sort of women's clothing because it makes no sense to her or me. I just know I love doing it and can't seem to quit. I don't even try to quit any more. Why? because I LIKE it!! ha. It's just me. It's who I am and I would not be happy if I were to stop my dressing. it's as simple as that.

I do wish you both the best and hope you two can resolve your differences, questions and uncertainties. Cheers!

(@Elaine)

Hi, my boyfriend told me of his crossdressing early on in the relationship and assured me he was not gay, just liked the feeling of being the woman and being dominated. However, I had doubts so I went on a local site, and found personal ads saying he was looing for a man to split a hotel room with him and have sex, I also found pics of him in a hotel in full drag I confronted him and broke up with him imediately! He swears he never actually met a man, just got off having cybersex with men who responded, I am devastated because he did this behind my back and I wanted to marry him. I am so depressed and want to die! 🙁

(@Elaine)

my bf told me he was a crossdresser but before he told me this secret he was gonna dump me cause he was scared incase i didnt want after i knew about it but we are still together im scared that he likes guys though he keeps saying im beautiful and stuff but im not lol idk what to do

Page 1 / 2
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?