Clear all

Stepping Out - Beating the Fear: Part Two

82 Posts
37 Users
273 Thanks
Duchess Annual
(@shadowqueen)
Reputable Member     Vermont, United States of America

Thank you Kris for a wonderful peek into your experience. I’m so happy for you!

1 Reply
Lady
(@krisburton)

Honorable Member     Northern, New Jersey, United States of America

Thank you AnnaBeth! My pleasure to share and I hope you and everyone can have as good an experience stepping out as I have!

Baroness Annual
(@secretpassions)
Noble Member     Wisconsin, United States of America

Thanks for sharing this beautiful experience!

1 Reply
Lady
(@krisburton)

I'm glad you enjoyed the article Lara. It's my hope that you and indeed everyone who desires it can experience it also!

(@debbiedd)
Noble Member     los angeles, California, United States of America

Such a great article and agree with your entire analysis . Only problem for both or us is that it is so addictive and have no desire to stop being out and performing as my female self. It is rewarding indeed sis

1 Reply
Lady
(@krisburton)

So glad you enjoy the article Deborah! You have also uncovered another truth - over time it becomes more and more difficult to return to your male identity, so we must maximize our enjoyment while we can!

(@tubbydullard)
Reputable Member     Citrus hills, Florida, United States of America

I have found it is easier each time overcoming anxiety or.self-consciousness, the more times i dress in femme until , it just goes.away.
Now at the mall, or bank, doc
Office, or sir down for a drink at a friendly pub. I'm just Stephanie .
I encourage you ladies, give this.experience to the girl.within,;
She'll love you for it

1 Reply
Lady
(@krisburton)

You know I agree with you 100% Stephanie!

Duchess
(@loneleycd)
Noble Member     Roland, Iowa, United States of America

Thanks so much for sharing your story, Kris. I am presenting as Cassie all the time and still am fearful about going out at times. BUT since I am presenting as Cassie all the time I am out and about I do all my weekly tasks as Cassie. This week I will be shopping at Target and my local grocery store and bank on Monday. I am having a tooth pulled on Wednesday. On Thursday I am going to Ulta to have my hair colored and styled. AND I so hope this week warms up so I can go on a walk as I have started doing last week when the highs were in the 50's.
All of this started for me after reading everyone's stories here at CDH. What a wonderful place this is.

Cassie

3 Replies
Lady
(@krisburton)

Sounds to me like you are getting over the fear nicely Cassie. Like stage fright tho, I've found it doesn't really go away but rather gets changed into excitement as your experience and confidence level increases...and that is when the real fun and personal satisfaction begins!

Duchess
(@loneleycd)

Noble Member     Roland, Iowa, United States of America

Thanks, Kris The fear goes up and down. Most of the time it is I don't to be noticed just seen as another woman out there living normal life. sometimes I want to have a conversation with someone who knows me as male and ask questions about why and how far I am willing to go. I have found most people don't want to have these discussions, and sometimes I don't either. Am I afraid to find out what is going on in my head and where I am going?????
Cassie

(@tubbydullard)

Reputable Member     Citrus hills, Florida, United States of America

@loneleycd 

Been having those discussions with males who know me as male, letting them experience me in.skirts or fully.dressed as Stephanie.

The direction.goes  like " your old enough to dress anyway you want,"  but why, , or you having sex change treatment too?

Some cis women I am known as male with, are quite curious  why I want to do THAT"?

Eventually acceptance happens , some times like" what ever". The only female normal sisters that rebuke "me the male" are the religious, Christian church ladies and they do not.accept men wearing womans clothes period. It is against God's will or I read it in the Bible.. that etc. All in all it is worth it to be who I am with confidence.  My.apartment manager and his wife have laughed at first and told my SO, that you poor girl you have lost.your husband, but now accept  Me as Stephanie. How wonderful to be " SO OUT" AMOUNG THE PEOPLE in my.community.

Ladies, you can do this 

be the gurl inside   on the outside.

You will 🌸  blossom  !

Duchess
(@jennconn)
Honorable Member     Florida, United States of America

Thank you Kris, you’ve managed to put in writing exactly what I felt the second time that I went out. It is interesting that listening to others on chat, including you, talk about your getting out, I didn’t think I’d ever do it myself, but I did, and I’m so happy as you described, that I did it. And it is addictive, I can’t wait to go again.

1 Reply
Lady
(@krisburton)

Thank you Jenn, and I know how you feel. At first I never thought I would want to leave my home en femme. Still, the desire beckoned and now it is part of my overall CD experience, and I feel the better person for it. An addiction perhaps, but this one is so beneficial on so many levels!

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)
Noble Member     Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

I have to add my thanks Kris.  I'd just arrived at being able to go out en femme as the threads were being written and posted, but the whole point is the inspiration and encouragement for those who are still looking longingly out of their front doors.  I got most of mine from posts on CDH, so these two excellent well-written articles are going to help so many more girls - great work 👍  And yes, it is addictive, I also can't wait to go out again!

1 Reply
Lady
(@krisburton)

@finallyfiona Thank you Fiona! I am very glad you enjoyed the articles and found them encouraging. I know i have always felt validated and encouraged by everyone at CDH , there are so many more in our community than I realized just a short time ago, and we all lift each other up! As for the addiction part, it may be so but it is one that we can and should embrace!

Leah
Baroness
(@leah63)
Prominent Member     Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America

Great article and experience you had. While I have not experience the interaction you have had, it is enlightening and addicting. You are so right about we think the spotlight is upon us..in reality, no poe is paying any attention unless you draw attention to yourself. thank you for sharing.

Lady
Topic starter
(@krisburton)

So glad you enjoyed the article Leah! I think blending in with style when we go out and about is an art form in itself, one to which we should pay  more attention. A tricky balance, but a satisfying one.

Duchess Annual
(@michellewayne)
Trusted Member     Indiana, United States of America

Kris, Thank you so much for putting these two writings together and for all of us to read and learn from. There is such sound advice in these. I may look at our outings in a bit of a different eye than you, but I assure you, we share several tactics! It's nice to see common sense being used when out. You are very highly regarded by many of us. Thanks again, Michelle Wayne

1 Reply
Lady
(@krisburton)

Thank you so much Michelle! I'm glad to see my thoughts and experiences have some resonance for you and others. The comments you and others have left go a long way into building my confidence as well - such a positive symbiosis!

Duchess
(@pepe)
Eminent Member     Wisconsin, United States of America

Great article and wonderful advice. Thank you very much.

Lady
Topic starter
(@krisburton)

Thank you Susan - I'm glad you liked the article and found it helpful.

(@briannaleah)
Trusted Member     Howden, Manitoba, Canada

Hi there, thx for your column. I have had a few public solo trips. I was pretty scared/nervous the first time but I quickly learned that, as you say, by far most people are only concerned about their own business and do not concentrate on examining others. Some will notice you as has happened to me, probably got made but got a big smile from a genetic woman at the same time. Then again I wear lots of color and short skirts. I did have fun on my trips and I agree that it is addicting. Makes one want to go out again and up the ante in terms of looks. Thx again.

Lady
Topic starter
(@krisburton)

Glad you enjoyed the article Brianna! Looks like we have discovered many of the same things in our outings, especially the fact that all eyes are not really upon you, even if it feels like it. And yes - raising the ante with each successive outing - another fun goal!

(@debbiedd)
Noble Member     los angeles, California, United States of America

Great article Samantha. I have found over the years that once you gain the confidence it becomes even better an experience. I go out knowing and thinking now that I am a girl and not a crossdresser when presenting myself in character

Page 2 / 3
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?