Notifications
Clear all

Why You should wear a Bra

266 Posts
104 Users
319 Thanks
(@lauren114)
Prominent Member     Connecticut, United States of America

I love my bras and don't feel like I'm completely dressed without one!

- Have you ever tried on a bra?

Yes.  Not only have I tried one on, I wear them whenever I dress authentically.   To me a bra is uniquely feminine and wearing one is part of my identity as a female.

- How often do you wear a bra

I wear a bra about 4 times a week.   I'm an all or nothing dresser and my outfits always include a bra.

- How many bras do you have and what are your favorite styles and colors.

Right now, I have about 7 bras of all types.   My favorite is a black lace pushup bra from SOMA.   My daily wear bras vary with the activities I have planned for a given day.   Most days I wear a bralette but if I am planning on being active, I will wear a sports bra.

1 Reply
Lady
(@marieclaire2)

Prominent Member     London, United Kingdom

Thank you for your participation!

Duchess
(@sheryl321)
Reputable Member     Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America

Another reason to love CDH:  My friend Christine recommended I read this article and even though you posted it several months ago, it’s still available! 
Great article! I love that so many others express exactly what I feel! Just like Amy and Carla said, it’s the saddest moment when my bra has to come off because of what it means. 
I have several bras maybe 15-20 from “boring” playtex cross your heart bras to Demi’s to Warner’s padded bras to sexy lace pink push-up bras and I love every one of them. I seem to go in cycles of styles to wear. I’ll wear padded bras for two or three weeks then I’ll switch to lace bras for a couple of weeks then I’ll wear just plain “daily” bras for a while. 
But regardless of which style I am wearing that day, for me, nothing feels as feminine as a bra! 

Sheryl

1 Reply
Lady
(@marieclaire2)

Thank you very much!

Lady
(@crossingoverxy2xx)
Eminent Member     Alberta, Canada

The first bra I got was part of a set and I really did not want the bra, I wanted the garter and panty at the time.  I'm like, what am I going to do with this!  Well, that did not take long to change after I gave it a chance and discovered what silicone breast forms can do to enhance the feminine feel.  Wow, never looked back.

Now I have a few hundred and wear a bra everyday, all day, even while sleeping.  Even under my drab clothes.  The only time I do not is to shower and times when I am in public and it's to hot to wear a jacket of some sort.

While sleeping, get a pair of the foam sleeping breast forms.  I have split a few pair of the silicone ones sleeping in them.

Also, pick up a few different sizes of the silicone breast form so you can size according to how discreet you want to be.  Having a really small set of forms for under your drab clothes that make you an A or B, when you just want to look like you have been on the bench press all winter, but inside you really know how feminine you feel.

1 Reply
Lady
(@marieclaire2)

Trying on a bra is a one-way street!

Lady
(@kimmes)
Estimable Member     Noord-Holland, Netherlands

I've never worn a bra. I have however, filled my chest area with a few things from time to time. But somehow my focus is not on that. Maybe I play a breastless woman, who is fine with that.  🙂 

2 Replies
(@christineth)

Prominent Member     Brussels, Brabant, Belgium

@kimmes Kim, Kim, Kim…you really need to try wearing a bra…it is like no other piece of clothing - but make sure it fit well.  The better the fit, the more the comfort, the more the femininity, the better the experience.

Hugs

Christine

Lady
(@marieclaire2)

Try a bra, you'll love it!

Duchess
(@borealis)
Reputable Member     Tomahawk Area, Wisconsin, United States of America

As was once so elegantly stated on this site " the bra is the flag ship of femininity" or something of the sort. These are words I live by. Without a bra and forms I could "possibly" quit dressing. The bra is the woman. Without breasts you are who you were when you got home from work at the "shop". Bra's and breasts are things that turn a man into a girl. Ear-rings, lipstick, clothes, a wig, painted nails or accessories have all become unisex due to guys like me and I love wearing them. But forget to wear one or two of the above, no one notices. Wear a bra with "D" forms and a tee shirt and you are MAME, all day and all night..............Titties do make the women, and a bra keeps them properly contained and spectacular. LuvNHugs, TERI

1 Reply
Lady
(@marieclaire2)

"Be a woman. Wear a bra!"

Princess
(@celticknight52)
Eminent Member     Fort Myers FL, Florida, United States of America

I went out yesterday and had a proper bra fitting.  I then purchased my first bra and panty set.  I love the way the bra make me feel.  My next step is to find the proper form to fill it out.  I am eager to get a few more bra and start wearing them more.  I think my next one will be a sports bra since they are quite universal to wear. I am a 48B for bras so it will be fun to find them.

2 Replies
(@christineth)

@celticknight52

Kendall’s, congratulations on the bra fitting, and on your first bra purchase.  I wear bras all the time (except at the doctor’s).  It doesn’t feel right without one now - and I wear the right bra for the right occasion/dress.  And definitely a sports bra is worth it when exercising or just lounging around.

Hugs

Christine

Lady
(@marieclaire2)

Wearing a bra is a one-way street! I'm happy for your experience!

Baroness Annual
(@rhondalee)
Honorable Member     Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America

A bra is my favorite and essential garment. I wear a bra nearly every day, all day, underdressing when out in public and wearing a slip, skirt and blouse, or dress, and perhaps pantyhose on most days at home. I most enjoy fully dressing in public and have become comfortable traveling en femme so make occasional trips of a week or more, packing only female attire. 

My wife left me in large part because of my crossdressing. I met an accepting woman who altered my female clothes, gave me earrings and other femme items such as sexy panties, bra extender, and more. She delighted me at one point by telling me I should wear a bra. Early on wearing a nightie was off-limits, but she now packs them for me when I travel and sets one on my pillow so I won't forget to wear one to bed. For some reason though, she had her fill of my wearing bras and asked me to stop. I could not, so she now accepts reluctantly but won't pack bras and panties for me when we travel... I sneak them in but she will toss them if found.

Unless fully dressed in public I typically wear unpadded bras, with enhancers. Some A or B-cup bras fit me well without forms, but I have to be careful not to wear them in public, as the feminine shape gives me away. Looser fits are less enjoyable but less visible. I own over 70 bras, mostly white, black or beige, but do have some nice bra/panty sets in red and baby blue. Wacoal retro-fit bras may be my favorite, as they give a very feminine shape to the cups.  I buy bras which fasten in the back, preferably three rows. I enjoy a tight fit, as I want to be constantly reminded by the straps and the band that I am encased in a truly feminine garment.

5 Replies
Lady
(@harriette)

Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted by: @rhondalee

I buy bras which fasten in the back, preferably three rows. I enjoy a tight fit, as I want to be constantly reminded by the straps and the band that I am encased in a truly feminine garment.

I feel the same way, too, and try to wear a bra and forms in public in cool weather as much as possible. I am not sure what I will do in warmer / hot weather, though. This will be an interesting year.

Most of my bras close at the back, but a few close at the front, thinking that life would get easier this way. Even when stuffed with forms, one in particular frequently comes open, so I have to be really careful not to drop my forms (tuck in your shirt). Sport bras without real cups are no better, as they let the forms without double-sided tape roam around inside them.

Baroness Annual
(@rhondalee)

Honorable Member     Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America

I've had that problem when wearing swim suits... have lost forms in the sand... rather embarrassing! A friend of mine took a roller coaster ride with me once. We were the last car so had the greatest velocity at the first, highest peak. The whiplash caused her to lose her forms, but she didn't know until she later experienced a deflating sensation. We wondered what the grounds crew thought and hope no one was injured. There is something to be said for pocket bras.

(@christineth)

@harriette Harriette wearing a bra in warm weather is not an issue from a comfort perspective…its just a little harder to hide if you don’t want it to be seen.

Lady
(@harriette)

Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yes, that is the point. Being stealthy means, um, not sticking out. Kind of hard to do in a T-shirt when using big enough forms.

Also, wearing forms makes me sweat enough to cause sweat marks. Again, they are pretty obvious if wearing a bra in warm enough weather.

Lady
(@marieclaire2)

Your story is very interesting!

(@debbiedd)
Noble Member     los angeles, California, United States of America

I have like 16 bras and wear one almost daily now. With age I developed gynecomastia and nearly fill a b cup as well. I have had several professional fittings over the years so I know the importance of a good and proper fit. Many days I will wear forms of a c cup with lace with certain tops and dresses.I love the hugging feel I get as well as the constant reminder of my feminine side.

1 Reply
Lady
(@marieclaire2)

May your collection grow more and more!

Lady
(@pantyloverguy)
Eminent Member     Georgia, United States of America

I love wearing bras! Love how the band feels wrapped around me like a beautiful hug. I also love wearing the Brami's from Klassy Network. 

1 Reply
Lady
(@marieclaire2)

I love this feeling too!

(@christineth)

Like most of you girls, I love wearing a bra..whatever sort, but I prefer lacy, underwired black or white bras with wide bands and wide straps.  What is strange is that my wife cannot wait to take her bra off when we go to bed, I cannot take mine off!

Hugs

Christine

2 Replies
Lady
(@marieclaire2)

"For every woman who takes off a bra there is a man eager to put it on."

(@christineth)

@marieclaire2 never before has a truer sentence been penned.

Lady
(@kate90210)
Eminent Member     Cardiff, South Glamorgan, United Kingdom

If you don’t want a bra try a bralette, that’s what I use it’s very discreet and can be worn under anything. They are perfect for wearing day to day and when out and about.

1 Reply
Lady
(@marieclaire2)

Good idea!

Lady
(@splitdecision)
Reputable Member     Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States of America

Hey girls,

I’ve never been for a real bra fitting. For me it’s always been trial and error, but when you find one that fits right it’s a whole new ball game. Instead of restricting and binding it actually moves with your body. 
The same goes for bralette’s , triangle bras and sports bras. I often wear a bralette under my drab work clothes ( with panties of course) I love how wearing one constantly reminds me in a good way how much I enjoy feeling fem. I also like that’s it’s my little secret.

Natalie 💋💋

7 Replies
Lady
(@marieclaire2)

It's our secret!

Lady
(@splitdecision)

Correct .. our secret! Maybe.. I wear one enough they someone has had to spot it at least once !

Lady
(@kate90210)

Eminent Member     Cardiff, South Glamorgan, United Kingdom

I always think though do you think people can tell I’m wearing a bralette as they are quite tight

Lady
(@splitdecision)

I often check in the mirror and depending on my shirt it is generally pretty easy to see the lines even with Bralettes and sports bras. Bras that front close and have the adjustment loops in the front show less. I feel most comfortable wearing a sweater or sweatshirt but that makes it difficult in the summer

(@kellyann)

Estimable Member     Santa Rosa, California, United States of America

BRAS BRAS BRAS my wife says that I have more bras than any woman on the planet ❤️
I can't get enough and don't forget the PANTIES

Lady
(@marieclaire2)

Men who love bras usually have more bras than women.

(@kellyann)

Estimable Member     Santa Rosa, California, United States of America

I'm very happy about that. A girl can't have enough ❤️

Lady
(@rick)
New Member     Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America

I have 6 bras wear them as often as I can more in winter Buy flatter me bra they have large band size with small cups like my 44 AA for just the feel Itty bitty bra sells them have other bras with larger cups for different  looks 

Lady
(@rick)
New Member     Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America

Got fitted at Florence's  in Waltham great shop

Lady
(@paulabigg)
Active Member     South, Brazil

I have to confess, reading all this led me to wear a bra. It was a few days without. I had to stop reading and go to wear all the desired.

Now, with a yellow dress and with all white lingerie: lace bodysuit, lace cropped bra, lace panties with a well done tape tucking - plan front, lace garter belt, thigh high stockings and high heel sandals. You may ask, why do you wear a lace bodysuit if you wear a bra and panties? I love lace.

Is there anything else more feminine than a bra? Yes, tampon with the string leaving side of pantie.

1 Reply
Lady
(@marieclaire2)

I love lace bras too!

Page 6 / 7
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?