Clear all

Panties vs Underwear

126 Posts
62 Users
658 Thanks
Duchess
(@patches)
Estimable Member     Maryland, United States of America

I'm very sorry Chelle but I have to agree with your wife.  Although "panties" has historically been used as a term to refer to women's underwear, underwear is underwear.   The term panties is actually falling out of use.  And I'll have to say that I am shying away from the term myself as almost becoming a patronizing or patriarchal way to refer to woman's underwear.   Similar to how "gurl" was once accepted to refer to girls like us, but no longer is generally accepted, I believe "panties" is heading that way also.  But that is just my opinion. Smile Transgender  

2 Replies
 J J
Lady
(@jjandme)

Noble Member     California, United States of America

@patches not if I can help it. Panties is just such a cute way to refer to underwear.

Duchess
(@chellycd)

Estimable Member     Florida, United States of America

@patches cancel culture will never cancel out the word or the specialness of the word or term panties. NEVER!!!

Lady
(@samanthaj)
Estimable Member     Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

Interesting topic, I was always brought up with men wear underpants and women wear knickers/panties, now all my underpants are pushed to the back of the bottom drawer however I wear knickers daily and are in my top drawer. To me the feeling and how they look are so much nicer than the male counterpart, give me a bit of silk and lace anytime.

I get my knickers from good old M&S from their wild blooms collection, they have a slightly wider gusset which holds everything in place, even after playing 18 holes of golf.

Samantha xx

Lady
(@harriette)
Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Vanity Fair offer everything from granny-whites, to bikinis, so which models do you buy?

1 Reply
Duchess
(@chellycd)

@harriette illuminations bikini

Lady
(@jincrocker)
Prominent Member     Oregon, United States of America

Not all underwear are panties, but all panties are underwear. We solved the problem by having only panties in the house.

Ambassador
(@leonara)
Noble Member     Long Island,, New York, United States of America

Hmm let’s see “tightie whities” or silk panties 🤔.  I have embraced and underdressed the latter for the past few years .. and quoting Elizabeth Stone feeling “comfortable and sexy” … thank you ladies for your response to this topic..

Duchess
Topic starter
(@chellycd)

Silk panties all day no thought needed on what is a better choice lol!!

Lady
(@splitdecision)
Reputable Member     Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States of America

I understand that underwear is something both men and women wear under their outer clothes that’s fine and dandy. But in my world panties are women’s and underwear are men’s. I adore panties and have worn them for over 50 years. I also wear men’s underwear when it’s called for. I prefer panties and underdress on most days. I just love the way some panties fit and feel but some don’t  fit well and aren’t actually comfortable. I find my men’s briefs to be mostly comfortable they’re just not as fun to wear. I know that Vanity Fair is well aware how many men wear their products just read the reviews at their website. Almost all of their panties fit me well and I don’t think that’s  by accident. 

Natalie 

1 Reply
Duchess
(@chellycd)

(@charlottesometimes)
Estimable Member     Dayton, Ohio, United States of America

Underwear is just one more manifestation of what is considered a perfectly normal fashion choice for women is a kink for men.  One of the panoply of panty choices for women are "boy shorts."

For example:
https://www.nordstrom.com/s/alexiah-boy-shorts-regular-plus/7345697

Note how these have extended seams on the front which mimic the "escape hatch" which are ubiquitous on men's underwear.

BTW, I'd like to throw in an endorsement for Jockey panties.  They are my daily go to, though I will investigate Vanity Fair, considering how many endorsements they've received on this thread.

Lady
(@kathyjenkins)
New Member     Near Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America

Generically speaking groin covering undergarments can be considered underwear.  However, 'panties' culturally and design-wise=meant for women/girls, often w/fabric that mirrors female sensibilities and gender roles (soft, pretty, dainty).  The psychological connotation is meant to make us feel good about ourselves.  Nothing similar, marketing-wise, exists on the male side.

Lady
(@nylonlace)
Estimable Member     Oklahoma, United States of America

Always panties for me. I have met lots of women who don't even like saying the word panties. I think as others have said, they have always worn panties, so the word is not special to them. For women it is just underwear. To someone like me, the word panties is special, and knowing I am wearing pretty women's panties helps to fulfill the feminine need I have.

1 Reply
Duchess
(@missylinda)

Noble Member     Ft Worth, Texas, United States of America

@nylonlace exactly, if you have been in panties since diapers, they are just second nature. Women don’t for the most part even think of what they are wearing.  If you were to poll 100 women at the store what they have on,  probably  60% or more will be wearing ordinary women’s cotton brief or hip huggers.  Another 30% or so will have on nylon undies. The remainder will have on thongs , satin , or lace .    We were not raised up in them thus they take on special meaning for us and we tend to wear much more frilly undies.

Lady
(@brandicd11)
Reputable Member     New York, United States of America

Hello Ladies,

Men's briefs are made different than women's panties.

A difference does exist.

Calling panties underwater to Brandi is fine due to you either state men's underwater or women's underwater which usually refers to panties.

Now, women have more regards to underware in foundation ware.  This goes beyond saying panties as most refer to corsets, open panty girdles, girdles.  Even more, lingerie as you start talking about bras, nylons, matching sets, camisoles, slips, expand more for women than just underware but still fall under women undergarments section.  

I believe in the difference just more expansive for women.

Hugs,

Brandi

Duchess
(@karla1958)
Honorable Member     Not in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America

From the beginning of our relationship, my wife has called all men's underwear "panties".

Since I have not revealed my cross dressing to anyone but my wife, I still have several pairs of men's briefs.  I wear them to family gatherings and to some medical appointments to avoid any uncomfortable conversations.  Other than that, it's panties for me full time.

Lady
(@denisemichelle1979)
Estimable Member     Saginaw, Michigan, United States of America

I threw all my old male underwear away when I replaced it with my bra's and panties. Now I have a full drawer of panties and bra's. I never wear anything else.

(@jennyphose)
Eminent Member     West Midlands, United Kingdom

I Definately agree that wearing ladies panties is so much nicer than men’s underwear, which I think is the point of your article… some people seem to be getting hung up on the term underwear and have missed the point of what you are saying I think!

I have many pairs of ladies panties and wear them as often as I can. They are all silky material and feel great on my skin, especially when freshly shaved and all smooth “down there”…

My wife knows about my panties and even washes them, and even sorts them sometimes, though I know she’d prefer I didn’t wear them at all… if I could, I’d only wear them as men’s boxers / underpants are just boring and uncomfortable.  

there are so many more ladies styles, colours, materials, patterns… aren’t we lucky to experience them and have a discrete alternative that no one knows (unless we say so or show them!)

hugs

Jenny

Lady
(@sallyj)
Estimable Member     California, United States of America

I also prefer “panties” — both the article of clothing and the term, though I admit to calling them women’s underwear when I refer to them  when others are around.

So in my mind, I think of myself as having worn “panties” nearly full time for eight years or so. And while the novelty of wearing them has somewhat faded, I seem to have acquired quite a few pairs, and putting a pair on still brings a smile to my face every time.

Page 2 / 3
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?