Viewing 51 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Lacey Cyn
      Lady

I like to learn more about the people on here. There are a lot of lovely people on and everyone I have talked to has been super nice. We all have a couple of things in common, but I bet a lot of people on here have some neat hobbies or things they are into. So what are you into? What are your hobbies / Passions?

For me my hobbies are:
      Playing board and card games.
      Building and Painting little plastic people to play some of those games. (Yes we play the Warhammer AoS and 40K)
      Playing video games
      Cosplay
      Sewing costumes for cosplay / Renfaires (and sometimes just making my own clothing in general)
      Collecting Figmas, Nendoroids, and Anime statues.
      Making mead
      Bow hunting Deer and turkey (It’s nice to be outside and I can get a years worth of meat out of it.)

My interests are:
      My spouse 🙂
      Anime
      Comic books (Neil Gaiman’s Sandman, Death is my fave character of all time)
      Manga and Light novels
      Video Games
      Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and what Alice Found There. (Seriously this is kind of an obsession)
      Going to conventions
      Going to concerts
      Playing D.Va (Hana Song) in Overwatch (She let’s me harness the inner Korean Gamer Girl with a giant Mecha that resides in my heart)
      Animal Crossing: New Horizons

What about you?

Elaine
      Duchess

Golf, ballroom dance, play ukulele, banjo, and learning mandolin, speak a little Spanish

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Oh wow. That is a lot of instruments. I love the way the mandolin sounds, it’s so pretty.

My hobbies are music of all types. Interests Amateur Rugby League and obviously CD.

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

I love music. I played football in high school, but don’t really know anything about Rugby.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Lacey!

Nice topic, and I think you will get the whole spectrum of answers too!  I noticed right away we share a common hobby- board gaming.  I’m a huge and long time grognard of wargames from back in the 70’s and 80’s.  I will confess to having about 200….. yes I have quite the collection, and an addiction I guess too, lol.  As far as miniatures, no Warhammer, but big on Battletech.

The wargaming comes from my passion for military history, life time student of that.

Reckon other interests would include being an animal lover ( I feel rage towards animal abusers 🤬 ), baseball, sociology, old movies, and of course music!!  I love  most all music, but my fave would be 70’s rock n’ roll.  Never underestimate the therapeutic value of music.

Umm, to sound girly….. I really do enjoy long walks, ideally not alone, and ideally surrounded by nature.  I am so not a big city girl!

P.S. – I like ANYTHING that makes me laugh!

Hmm, that may not all sound particularly interesting, but that’s a big part of me. 🙂

Stevie

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Thank you. I thought it could be a fun topic that everyone would be able to add something to if they wanted to.

Wow 200 board games is a lot. We have like 40 or so including Zombicide, Hellboy, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Smash up, and the most recent one we got was Warhammer Cursed City.

I tried Battletech, but it felt too much like a standardized test for me with all the little bubbles to fill in on the sheets LOL.

Music is my daily therapy and I have pretty varied tastes, like my Spotify playlist is all over the place.

I love animals too. We have reptiles though, no fur babies.

Too many hobbies.
      Ham radio, photography, all things steam related, old cars, old machinery, astronomy, all things Sinclair (I own many computers, a C5, a Zike, an “A”bike, a radio, and other bits and bobs). Most of the above are aided an abetted by our motorhomes. So we get away to shows, fairs etc as often as we can.

Cerys

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Like Steam-punk related or just like real life steam power stuff?

My hobby is going leather work, as I make custom cowboy boots.

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Oh wow! I have always really like seeing all the leather goods at Renfaires, concerts, or Cons that people make. I do some sewing, but I have always wanted to give leather working a try. Also I just love the smell of my leather goods. Like there is just something about it that is primal and delicious.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Lets see , snow skiing, golf, astronomy, model railroading, bicycling ( I have an ebike), hiking, trivia contests, stidying to be a private pilot, traveling. Some a lot more than others .

Oooo! Model railroads! I’m an armchair modeler mostly because I haven’t had a place to set up until recently. Now I am considering plans that might work in the rental I am in. It needs to be small, portable but expandable. I work in HO but am thinking of switching to N to get a larger layout in a smaller footprint.

Beth

Lacey Cyn
          Lady

Scale models are fun, I build and paint a lot of those for war gaming. I have always wondered do you have to paint the little trains and building yourself like I do for the war gaming miniatures or do they come prebuilt and painted? Also have you looked into 3D printers at all yet? I know they have become really popular with wargamers and I could see them being useful for other scale modelers too.

What is the difference between HO and N size? Like the miniatures and buildings with build, paint and play with are 28MM scale. I didn’t know if trains scales out the same way.

Most modelers buy RTR (ready to run) models and buildings already assembled and painted. You can also buy craftsman kits that you assemble and paint yourself or you can freelance and scratchbuild whatever you want.

3d printers are becoming popular for scratchbuilders as they can create parts that are difficult to make by hand.

There are many different scales but the most popular are O, HO and N. O is 1:48 scale, fairly large and takes up quite a bit of room (mostly only seen in Model Railroad Clubs that occupy an entire building). HO is 1:87 scale.  This is a nice size for home hobiests as it still has good detail but a modest layout can be built in a spare room. N is 1:160 scale. This size allows a decent sized empire in a spare room or can even be built as modular for moving and assembly.

Beth

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

Thank you so much for answering. I’ve seen some of the buildings and such and thought they would make great terrain for gaming, or to kind of beat up and make look war torn.

Do you personally build and paint them yourself? I have found that, at least for me, painting my gaming models and terrain can be pretty calming and therapeutic.

I’m not much on buildings or scenery. I just do off the shelf. My serious modeling is done on rail cars. I both assemble kits, scratchbuild and do a thing called kit-bashing, combining parts of different kits to make a one of a kind model.

Beth

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

We have kitbashing in wargaming as well. In fact one entire faction called the Orks all have vehicles that look straight out of Mad Max and as no two are supposed to look the same a lot of times you are combining kits with things from the Dollar store or other kits to make new vehicles.

Anonymous

Reading (a lot – SF mostly, historical non-fiction, some fantasy, currently reading the bio of a Battle of Britain pilot)

Photography (natch – I live in Cornwall, UK)

Puzzles to keep the brain oiled

TV and film – again, mostly SF

Walking – love all the clifftops and beaches near home

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

ooh hello Im in Cornwall too…so far south west you d fall in the water after about 10 minutes walking lol.

Anonymous

About the same for me, but not as far down by the sound of it.

Still too cold for paddling, let alone swimming.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

this is true BUT Mounts Bay looked tempting today..sunny, warm and sooo flat. xxx

Anonymous

It was lovely, wasn’t it?  We went to Porthleven for lunch, and the surfers were out in force.

Connie

xxx

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

What kind of sci-fi and fantasy do you like to read? Also what kind do you like to watch. We have really been enjoying the Mandalorian on Disney+ and I thought they did a really good job with the new Dune Movie. As for Sci-Fi books I have been reading a series that is kind of a combination of Sci-Fi and fantasy called Sword Art Online. I have really been enjoying it. It is a Light Novel series where initially they get trapped in a virtual world, kind of like .Hack.

Anonymous

Oh, the harder the better.  Cherryh, Vinge, Reynolds, Niven for SF.  The Expanse is excellent, the books and the TV series. Fantasy – again, the harder the better – Abercrombie, Martin, Morgan.

The Mandolorian was pretty good, haven’t seen Dune yet.

Stranger Things is good, the 12 Monkeys series was brilliant, Hawkeye was fun. ST Discovery has fallen off a bit, but still watchable.

Connie

xxx

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

I haven’t seen Stranger Things yet, but I have heard good things. I loved 12 Monkeys and I really really like Hawkeye. I think Marvel has done a really good job with their Streaming Service series. Like Loki was great, so were Falcon and Winter Soldier and WandaVision.

I have never gotten into Star Trek, but really like the Farscape, Red Dwarf, Dr Who, Firefly and Star Wars.

Anonymous

Forgot Farscape! The “reimagined” BSG was pretty cool too, as was Babylon Five. I enjoyed Loki. Wandavision grew on me, but I had to force myself to sit through the first two episodes.

Connie
            xxx

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

WandaVision was really a slow burn, the SyFy’s BSG was amazing! I probably binge watched the whole thing over the course of a month the first time I saw it. I also loved Caprica, but it ended way to soon.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Connie, I have a lot of sci fi books myself, I have to suggest Larry Niven if you are into the old school hard science fiction.  Great stuff, my fave sci fi author.

Stevie

Golf, astronomy (Celestron C8), woodworking, interior design and jigsaw puzzles.

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

A lot of people play golf. I played a little golf when I was in the military, mainly because they would close down the e-club during lockdowns, but they would still serve beer at the par 3 and O Club. Woodworking has always seemed neat, much like leather I just love the smell when people are working with wood and some of the things people can make are amazing.

I love the smell of sawdust. I built a house, literally, by myself. Took me almost two years to finish it. I also like to find stained glass pieces and build window frames around them. I have several hanging in my house.

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

Stained glass is beautiful. We help build houses for Habitat for Humanity every summer, but I couldn’t imagine trying to just like build build one from scratch. I can pour a foundation or do concrete flat work though.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lacey Cyn.

I had to pay someone to do the foundation, just too big for one person. I also had to hire out the electrical and plumbing for permits. I had a friend help me with the ceiling joists and rafters. Every one thought I was crazy.

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

But now you have a house, that YOU built, so that is 100% the right kind of crazy.

Anonymous

My hobby is competitive Shooting, I recently have gotten into long range shooting very challenging.

Also my wife and i love to travel to Mexico and chill at the resorts.

Jackie,

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Wow, what do you enjoy firing most and what are you using for long range? Where is your favorite place to go in Mexico? We went to Cabo and had a really good time there.

Anonymous

Hi Lacy, I currently using a Remington 30/06, but I am looking at 50 caliber sniper rifles. We used to go to Cabo about 10 times a year we had a resort there we loved. Desire was the name. They closed so we go to Cancun as they have two resorts there. We are looking for another adult only resort in Cabo to start going back. It is so nice there and so close for us just a short plane flight.

Huggs,

Jackie.

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

That is nice. I have gotten a chance to fire a T-76 longbow a few times and that was a lot of fun actually. We have quite a few firearms, though mostly pistols. My favorite is my grandfather’s service pistol though he was issued in Okinawa.

I’m a big history buff and love anything vintage and interesting. Very keen on watching documentaries and classic era (1930s-‘50s) movies and visiting museums and historic sites.  Enjoy fitness activities including walking, hiking and bicycling and am taking up a little yoga to help keep me limber.

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

I have a weird fascination with WWII era documentaries, because it is a big part of the reason my family is now in American rather than back in Europe. We really like going to museums, including like military museums.

I have been doing yoga for a few years now and it is a big part of my weight lose and I have really enjoyed it. That and walking, and a diet adjustment has helped me lose a lot of weight.

Anonymous

My passions, but also part of my work, is wildlife and nature photography, as an archeologist and naturalist often span my leisure and my work. My other great passion is dancing but its also more than a hobby. I dance at a high level jive/blues and my favourite contemorary, part of a theatre and dance company.
      My reading is almost always factual, rare I read a story, and the reading spans the above.
      I used to love live gigs where I d dance and dance but alas, that is slow in coming back in the UK, so thats a waiting game at the moment. Love my music naturally.
      I m more hippy chick than glam lol.

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

That is fun though, we love animals, we have scale babies though not fur babies. Some people are not a fan of them, be we love them all.

I always thought archeologist would be a really neat job, not like Indian Jones, but like finding things no one knew existed before and learning more about the past through what you find.

Dancing is always fun too, Covid has really killed being able to do much of anything, including going to shows, but I really hope we are getting near the end of it soon.

Anonymous

heya Lacey, scale babies? Does that mean snakes? As for the archeology it was great, just dabble now but it was a lil Indiana for me as a lot of it was swinging around on ropes 300ft below ground and crawling and digging through collapsed sections to get to the good stuff…I ve had some great projects that I ve been in charge of. Truly fantastic.

As for dance, yes covid has done a lot of damage here in UK, things are still not moving even though everything else is. I ve just started back this last week so it was exceptionally good to get my mojo back. I lost it went covid shut things down weeks before I was to be a lead solo contemporary dancer in a huge outdoor public event…but hey ho, maybe this year…or next.

Best to cross fingers and toes that all is now settling as it appears to be.

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

Yes, we have reptiles / snakes, also a tarantula. They are fun though. I know some people get freaked out by them, but they are all sweethearts.

The Archeology stuff really sound like an adventure.

Anonymous
      Lady

My hobbies include…

Learning to be retired and not being very successful
      Drinking
      Cooking
      Eating
      Counting birds at my feeder
      Watching paint peel
      Making too many online wish lists
      Adding to my bra collection
      Chatting with CDH friends
      Watching the clock for Happy Hour
      Worrying
      Watching too much news
      Hoping for snow
      Couch surfing
      Watching the clock for happy hour
      Napping… thats enough… zzzzzz

Attempt at humor but may be pulled by mods

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

My Dad is getting near retiring and he is looking forward to it, but also trying to find hobbies he thinks he’ll enjoy. He spent so much time working hard to provide for all of us, a lot of times working 2 jobs, and taking care of everyone else, that he never figured out what he likes to do just for him, other than working on and riding his motorcycles, so he is experimenting with other hobbies. He detests being bored at all and can’t just sit and watch TV. He is not the kind of guy who can sit around. He’d go a bit mad.

Anonymous
          Lady

Hi Lacey. Good luck to your dad keeping busy.

Yep adjusting to being retired isn’t easy for many. Its been over 6 years since I retired and I still have days that just drive me nuts having nothing to do. I sort of made a joke with my last response to your question so here is my serious answer…

Woodworking – furniture but not so much anymore
          Sculpting – in plaster and rock
          Watching American football and baseball – Go Carolina Panthers and Atlanta Falcons
          Gardening – was big time retail once but not now
          Movies – watch all types of movies but horror
          Reading non fiction books – fiction usually doesn’t interest me
          WWII buff – have read all the books I could get
          Camping – some call it glamping… love the outdoors
          Fishing – kayaking, trout fishing and salt water fishing
          Big Game hunting – was big time traveling but not anymore
          Boating – sold my money pit boat… sigh… want another… sigh
          Listening to music – rock and roll now country and bluegrass
          Crossdressing – its a passion and creates a bit of excitement in my drab life

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

Lots of woodworking folks, which is really neat. What kind of furniture do you like to make. We have a dresser made by the Amish and it is gorgeous, like the detail they put into it is amazing.

I have done some minor sculpting in green stuff, it’s a 2 part epoxy that hardens over times into a plastic. It’s neat, but harder than I thought it would be.

Horror movies are a passion of mine actually, my wife love them, well that and the art style. Do you like seeing the behind the scenes stuff for the older movies? I love seeing how they did the special effects. I am not a fan of CGI. Oh! We saw a great documentary called Memory: The Origin of Alien, which went into all the details if how they made the ordinal Alien movie.

Camping we don’t get to do too much anymore, but mostly we just camp at Renfaires anymore. It’s a great time.

I do some hunting and fishing. Mostly fishing is just to get out on the boat with some family members and hang out. Hunting I do because I can get a year’s worth of meat that way. When you say Big Game Hunting do you mean like a Safari?

I love music especially live music and going to shows, jumping around, singing and just letting loose a little bit.

Anonymous
            Lady

Hi Lacey. Great thread getting a lot of mileage… thanks.

You ask what kind of furniture I’ve made…. well, a lot of different pieces from coffee tables, sofa tables, china cabinets, dining tables, bookcases, beds, etc. I was self employed most of my life and had a cabinet shop where we made lots of things from furniture to retail counters and fixtures. We did a lot of Formica work in the eighties too.

Sculpting is my emotional outlet and I get into a zone when working on a piece. I like working in plaster of paris but also have done work in local native rock too. I’m working on one piece of plaster that I’ve been working on for over twenty years. I call it “Nightmare” and its a very intricate piece. If you can imagine a scene from Dante’s Hell then you have an idea. Its a bad dream in the works. I’ve been offered good money for it but its not finished and may never be finished but I probably wouldn’t sell it anyway…. idk.

As I said, I watch most all kinds of movies but horror isn’t my favorite. Behind the scenes is interesting sometimes but I don’t look for it.

I love the outdoors and go camping in the spring and the fall usually for about two weeks at a time. I camp in a ten person tent but have everything one could need from a portable toilet to solar panels for charging my kayak trolling motor battery and provide power for movie watching at night, lights, and charging phones.

No, I’ve never gone on safari. What I mean by Big Game is hunting elk, moose, bear, and deer which I’ve been successful with each. I used to travel around the country on hunting trips but no more since I’ve retired and my legs can’t take all that hiking and climbing. Fishing is my speed now but its just great being out on the water in my kayak. I’ve also given up salt water fishing since selling my boat a few years ago. We used to live on the coast but no more. I miss the ocean.

As far as music goes, I can’t play any instruments but always had music on in the background. I think the new blue tooth devices are great with something like Pandora music app.

Thanks for reading.

Michelle, if you take the batteries out of your clock just as it hits Happy hour it will always be Happy hour. But it’s happy hour somewhere all day. I’ll drink to that!

Woodworking,  landscaping around my property, shooting, reloading, hunting, trying to learn to play guitar, bicycle riding.  I don’t follow sports to closely, but do try to watch most of Le Tour each year.  Reading is all over the place fiction and non fiction.

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Woodworking always smells so good. What kind of things do you make? What do you like to hunt? I do some bow hunting and I enjoy just being out in nature, also it let’s us get a years worth of meat pretty easily, especially since I am the only one in the house who eats meat.

Zoe
        Lady

Woodworking smells always remind me of the time I spent with my grandfather, when I was little, in his workshop, we liked building birdhouses together. The smell of cut wood always reminds me of him.

Lacey Cyn
          Lady

That is a great memory to have. My grandfather did both wood working and metal working, so those smells remind me of him too, it might be why I like them so much, even though I am accident prone and I think me in a woodshop long term is a recipe for a phenomenal medical bill.

Zoe
            Lady

Same here, I took some shop class in high school, was okay at it, but after he passed away I just didn’t want to do it anymore. It was our thing.

I took up bird watching instead of birdhouse building.

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

Also that purple you are wearing is my absolute favorite color and I may own too many things in that shade.

Anonymous

Hi Lacy,

Taking cdh as a default interest as are my daughters and their families:

The internet and all the wonderful holes there are to go down. You can even find your way back out on a good day.

Travelling on the cheap in foreign parts – except for bloody covid

CIV3 (not 1,2,4,5,6) can keep me up all night

I do get out now and again, I like a good long walk, with a dog if I can borrow one – I live in the beautiful Brecon Beacons – but I’m slowing down a bit these days.

An evening of laughter with good friends and smoking things, drinking things and eating things.

Marti xxx

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

You have to be careful with those internet holes, most don’t lead to Wonderland at all. Some can be pretty dark.

Traveling is fun, we have lived in the US and Japan and have had a chance to travel all over Asia, I have been to Europe a couple of times, mainly to visit Denmark though and see some family there.

Anonymous

You’re right there, Lacey, the internet has a lot of darkness.  It’s a big place though. and I remain comfortable that there’s many, many more good places to visit. What’s that saying? “Keep an open mind, but not that open that your brains fall out”. But even if you dedicate yourself to just wiki, there’s a vast new world of knowledge to discover.

Travelling? Yes, SE Asia was my go to place in my last few travels, Japan has eluded me so far, but I’d like to check it out before I hang up my travelling shoes.

Marti xxx

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

I think you will really like Japan. It is very different than the west, but I loved it there and often think about going Expat and just moving back.

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

Great topic;
      My interested are,
      Adventure Travel
      Photography
      Remodeling our house
      Hiking
      Perfecting my photo skills in Lightroom and Photoshop

AND Dressing, makeovers, and going out dressed.

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Thank you. I thought it would be fun.
        What kind of photography do you do? I have a friend who does street photography / candid in Tokyo and some of his shots are just amazing.

I have been working on my makeup skills, it takes some work, but I am getting better with contouring and cat and smoky eye. I’ve only been out a couple of times to safe spots, but have had a lot of fun doing it.

Lynda Jones
          Baroness - Annual

Lacey, Thanks for asking. I have several interest in photography. People I love photographing people as they go about the life. Landscape and animals are also peak my interest. Off to Yellowstone in February hopefully an awesome photo trip. One of my most enjoyable photo trips was photographing the tribes of Ethiopia, such an remarkable culture and awesome people.

Lynda
          Thanks for accepting my friendship.

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

That is really neat. I bet Yellowstone will be very pretty, but won’t it be kind of cold there next month.

oh wow! Ethiopia would be neat to see. I was in Egypt for 5 days, but we were stuck in the hotel the entire time because it was after a deployment and they restricted us to the hotel. I just wanted to see the pyramids, but apparently they said it wasn’t safe for us…..

Wasn’t safe for us, on our way back from Afghanistan….

You are very welcome. I alway forget about the friend request thingy on here.

Amy Oxley
      Lady

Going to watch my football team.

Hiking, although i’m not as fit as i used to be.

But i suppose my biggest passion is gardening. If i won the lottery, i would buy a house with the biggest garden ever, retire and spend all my time gardening. It would be so big my wife would need to send out a search party to find me. Some woodland would be nice too, and maybe a lake. A massive summer house where i could sit and watch the sun go down and slowly get drunk. Some chickens maybe. Migrating geese would pay a visit on their way through. OK i’m getting carried away…..

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Hiking is fun. We do it some. What has been neat about Pokemon Go is that the different parks have different Pokemon that show up there and my wife, who is not really an outside girl, or a hiking girl, will go online, see where the ones she are looking for are, and then go, “Can we go and hike the trails at _________ so I can find this Pokemon?” Of course the answer is yes, and we have a lot of fun with it?

What kind of gardening do you do? We love the idea of having a fairy garden in the backyard, but don’t really have a plan for it yet. There is a lot to it.

Amy Oxley
          Lady

Our garden isn’t massive, maybe 10 x 40m. We have been adding as much as we can for wildlife. So we have planted a few trees, put in a small pond and the last couple of years planted wild flower seeds. The idea was to have our own wild flower meadow on a miniature scale. We generally go for the classic cottage garden style with plenty of entertaining areas. Last summer we installed a fire pit surrounded by seating so we could have family and friends around, but the pandemic has mostly stopped that. Maybe this year will be better.

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

We put up bat boxes for the sky puppies.

Fire pits are great when you get a chance to use them, light a fire, wear a cozy oversized sweater in the fall. In October we put out a screen, set up the fire pit and the watch horror movies with other and just enjoy spooky season.

As I’ve spoken about it in previous posts I was forbidden to play with dolls as a boy. I really wanted to play with Barbie’s. Now as a fully out woman I am now collecting Barbie’s and all her friends. As of today I have 117 dolls, that will change soon I’m sure. For a fun kick check into past articles here in CDH for my story of Ken and Barbie. Spoiler alert, Ken is a crossdresser.

For other interests I have model railroading and wedding DJ. The line between work and play is nonexistent when you are a DJ. You get paid to throw a party and have fun!

Beth

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

I did some DJing in Tokyo, mostly some trance and progressive, and I have done weddings and some KJ work too. It was a lot of fun.

Now you can buy all the Barbie Dolls you want, and that is awesome. I am happy you are finally able to get your dolls. Which one is your favorite? Which was the one you wanted that was the hardest to track down. My wife collects Harley Quinn figures and merchandise, while I collect Neil Gaiman’s Death statues and items. I spent 3 years trying to track down one specific statue for a price I would pay. I also collect Figmas, Nendoriods, and some Anime Statues. Figmas are like super highly pose-able figures and Nendoroids are just absolutely adorable.

I haven’t searched for any one specific doll but check the various sites and if I see something that strikes my fancy and it isn’t too expensive I will get it. That being said, there are lots of dolls that strike my fancy but are shockingly expensive. I have seen special addition Barbie’s for over $1000.

It’s hard to choose a favorite, but I am partial to two. The first is a red head that I named Ann because she reminds me of Ann Margaret. The other is a brunette I named Jacqueline, she looks like Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis.

I name all the dolls, many are named according to the Barbie Lexicon but Mattel hasn’t specified names for all of them so I choose a name I like. Of course I have some duplicates so they become twins! Did you know Barbie has a twin? I named her Betty! I have thought about writing a story about the other family. Archie (Ken’s cousin), Betty (Barbie’s twin), Veronica, Reggie and the gang from Riverdale.

Beth

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

Oh neat! I didn’t know Barbie had a twin at all. That is fun trivia knowledge.

$1000 for a figure is a lot, though I did just spend $230 on a DV.a figure and her Mecha, so I can see it.

Do you have lighted glass cabinets for displaying them all? We have been looking into something like that to display my wife and I’s collections.

Have you seen the show Riverdale? Sometimes it is kind of a mess, but it can be fun.

Betty is not an official Mattel twin. I had a duplicate Barbie so I decided she would be a twin.

I need to get enclosed display cases, dust, sunlight and humidity can cause problems.

The show Riverdale is a Hollywood destruction of the Archie comics. The only thing accurate is the names of the characters. Their relationships are screwed up and too adult. The creator of the Archie comics would be appalled by their storyline.

Beth

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

I don’t really know much about Archie comics, but I have enjoyed a bit of Riverdale and the Chilling Tales of Sabrina was really good.

Ikea has some really nice inexpensive display cases. They have freestanding all class noes, or you can get glass fronts for the Billy shelves.

I always pictured Ken as a crossdresser for some reason, lol. I like to make things, so I make tabletop fountains, pots for plants in concrete, I’ve recently started making candles and wax melts with my daughter along with jewelry and I make rings on my lathe and anything else I can think of involving wood, like cutting boards, little jewelry boxes and then there is my Harley. I have enjoyed candle making, it is different from what I have done. I miss fishing and hunting, it seems like I never have time anymore for it. This is a fun subject, thanks Lacey

Lacey Cyn
          Lady

Oh, you are making all kinds of things. We have made some candles and soap, though my niece is the soap maker and has been doing really well with her little business, especially for being 12. Do you have an Etsy shop at all? If you do I’d love to see the jewelry you are making.

No, I don’t Have an Etsy store, my daughter sells on IG and I think she said she was looking into Tic Tok. I’m trying to steer her into doing her own website. I sell most of my things through Marketplace and locally. I do some craft shows, not my favorite though. I do good with locals but I want my daughter to take over most of it so I can concentrate on product development and let her learn to run it as a business, not a hobby

. I was planning on retiring again after my brother passed away but I still own half of the sawmill and some heavy equipment business. I guess everything I do now is a hobby.

I have  several hobbies of course my favorite is acquiring and wearing all those soft silky things that make my life complete. I also love vintage cars, I have six classic autos. And when not doing my car thing I target shoot and of course reload and cast my own bullets, Living in the mountains I hike and am an avid caver and trout fisherman. I live in the woods on A large piece of land with A big house, that also keeps me busy. Despite all that I still make time for my friends on CDH.

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

I always thought living in the country, like out in the country could be fun, but then it would be a trek to get to any concerts or shows.

What kind of classic cars do you have? We went to a Duesenberg museum and all those cars were absolutely gorgeous. I think it would feel super classy to ride in one of those.

Hi Lacey

We left the rat race in the burbs of Chicago twenty years ago, my health greatly improved and my attitude changed for the better. I would never want to live in A big city ever again. Living in the rural environment is much different the people are so much more friendly my property taxes went from over six thousand to one thousand and my home is so much larger and nicer and I have over eight acres of wooded land. I collect Cadillac cars like Eldorado and Allante also limo’s. All of my kids have also fled the Chicago area and are much happier here in Arkansas. As far as shows and concerts we have folk and country and bluegrass and it costs little or nothing from local talent, It’s A different and better way of life here in the hills.

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

We lived just outside of NYC and hated it. We much prefer where we are now. Also we have like 3 times the space for like half the price.

Krissy
          Lady

I’ve always loved the clean air so countryside walks are high on my list of hobbies, plus I’m a bit of a history geek,so I’m always checking out old buildings and going on days out to check out our history. I think it started when I lived in Oxford as it has lots of old buildings and history, then when I was around 12years old I discovered London! And wow I was blown away with history, plus I combine it with a bit of shopping and a bit to eat and it makes for a nice day out. X

Krissy
            Lady

Yes im such a geeky girl I’ve been told x

My hobbies include astronomy, model railroading, plane spotting, railfanning

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

What is rail fanning?

Also for your modeling to you build and paint them yourself or do you get the pre-made stuff.

I am learning a lot about model trains in this thread. Sheldon would be proud of me.

Railfaning is chasing and photographing trains, especially steam engines and rare types of older diesels.  When we catch one of those we are teasingly called foamers because we are so crazy about our trains.

Beth

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

Thank you for explaining it to me. Why do you call them foamers? Does the water from the steam boil out? Sorry I have never actually seen that type of train before. The only really trains I have seen are the trains in NJT around NYC and the trains in Tokyo. I did ride on a bullet train and it was super fast.

It’s a reference to foaming at the mouth because we are so avid about trains.

Beth

my main other hobby is golf, I can be found on the golf course 2-3 times a week, my other hobbies include playing baritone in a brass band and watching sport on the television.

I use to enjoy riding my motorcycle but due to my now dodgy knees hips and back I had to give it up.

Samantha x

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

I am sorry you had to give up your motorcycle. Those are always fun to ride.

Lots of folks seem to really enjoy golf.

How do you like playing in a brass band? I am kind of on a ska kick right now actually, which if you have never heard it is actually a pretty fun genre of music.

Hi Lacey

Yes I have heard of Ska music, my step daughter use to played Trombone in a Ska band and we went to a few of her gigs and as you say fun music.

Samantha x

Lacey Cyn
            Lady

What band was it? When we went to the Punk Rock Prom one of the band playing was a Ska band and they were a lot of fun.

Katey Doe
      Lady

Woodworking and fishing. I lead a very simple relaxing life.

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Absolutely nothing wrong with simple and relaxing. Sometimes I wish my life was more simple and relaxing.

So many woodworkers here too. Which means you all have have shops that smell amazing.

Lots of fishermen too.

Hobbies and interests are reading, music, watching old classic movies, cross-stitch. I love cuddling up with our little dog Bella. But our biggest passion is hooking up to our trailer during the summer and camping.

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

What kind of books do you like to read? Also what kind of classic movies? Like Bella Lugosi era or later than that? We picked up the Classic Movie Monster Collection on Blu-ray and I adore how they do all the lighting in them to convey the feeling, even without fancy special effects.

Where do you get to go when you take your trailer out?

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Forgot to mention my oldest passion!!  Duh.

I am a voracious reader. Have been since I was a little kid.  There are hundreds of books stacked on my bookshelves! Lol

Stevie

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

OMG, so back when my wife and I were dating we watched Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. When it got to the library scene my wife said, “I want to live there.” And I said “Me too.” so we have been cultivating our library since that point. (It’s not hoarding if it’s books!) Every room we have has multiple bookshelves with books and graphic novels on them. All of which either one of us, or both have read.

Fun topic: my hobbies include woodworking, gardening, road and mountain biking, hiking and camping. Also love to cook and bake.  Big time reader.  Like to have stpehanie time while traveling and camping (my biggest opportunity to be dressed and out)

Sounds like a bunch of fun gals out there, would be fun to meet some

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

A lot of you guys have a lot in common. There’s a lot of woodworkers and hikers here, and a lot of camping folks. It seems pretty common to dress when they are camping too. Is that a pretty common thing? It seems like it might be dangerous to go heels and camping at the same time. I was going to say that the clothes would get all dirty, then I realized outside it probably cleaner than most concert venues I have been to.

reading, usually a book in hand to end the day, either mystery or history
      shooting pool
      playing with old cars/trucks, have 6 older restorations I’m trying to preserve
      older movies, 1940-90 era usually
      Music..some days it’s vintage rock, other days it’s alternative country like Gram Parsons, Ray Wylie Hubbard,Drive By Truckers, Michael Nesmith
      Enjoying the woods around me in the warmer month, as I live in the midst of a forest
      Flea markets & swap shops
      watching pro sports..basketball, baseball, football

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

I love reading. It’s the best and you can do it anywhere. I really like the look of 1920’s to 1950’s cars all look awesome. They remind me of the Fallout games, but that is the era they are going for to begin with.
        My grandparents had a pool table, but I was never any good. I do really like darts though.

Okay music wise you should totally check out Steve ‘N’ Seagulls. They are a Finnish band that does covers as Blue Grass style music and they are amazing live, but their Youtube videos are good too.

Flea Markets are the best, you can find the coolest stuff.

Well first hobby is obvious lol! Dressing!!

And I also enjoy woodworking, and hot rodding…

Outdoor activities are cycling in both forms mountain and road.

Winter I just enjoy snowshoeing and fatbiking.

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

So many wood workers. Seriously I think CDH could give the Amish a run for their money.

Okay so what is Hot Rodding? Because all I am picturing is like guys in leather jackets revving their engines before they race “Devil’s Pass” to prove the the girl they “Ain’t no Square.” Of course that totally could have been Nick at Night……

Like snowshoeing is making snowshoes or wearing them around? Also what is Fatbiking?

Lots of interesting new things I don’t know about.

(Also yes I could just google things using the google machine. My Google-Fu is strong, but it’s more interesting to find out form the people who are interested in something what something is, because I get a better idea of why they think it is awesome!)

Anonymous

Fun topic, Lacey. Lots of interesting replies from lots of interesting members.

Now that I’ve retired I have more time to indulge in hobbies.
      My primary hobby is watching my grandchildren. Is it fair to call that a hobby? They can be quote a handful but soooo much fun. I can play a bit more golf and devote time to improving my game. I love to read and will read just about anything I find but tend toward history especially the American Civil War. I’ve also revived a long dormant interest in photography and that new-fangled PhotoShop.

Hugs, Jillian

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Watching your grandkids is 100% a hobby, probably an exercise routine too. I mean I don’t even have kids, let along kids that had kids. Seems like a lot of people on here are retired or soon to be retired. I feel kind of like a baby on here LOL.

Photoshop is pretty neat. I have a friend who is amazing with it. Historical books I haven’t read much from the Civil War, but I have this weird obsession with WWII because like if that had never happened, then my family would have never fled to the US, and I would never have existed. Not sure if that makes sense at all.

/hug back

Let’s see….

I love to read, almost everything I get my hands on, especially Sci-Fi and History.  LOTR was the first major novel I read, at 10 yrs old.  I still read my cereal boxes, more for nutritional information than the rest of it now.

Plinking with my .22 WMR, rifle and pistol.

Hiking dry creek beds to see what I can find… mostly old bottles, but I do have a human forehead that washed out of an old burial ground on a small butte near here.

Taking digital piccys of people, places and things not me.

Day trips in the area.  Most any museum, especially the small town ones.  Old movies, home made frito pies with cheese and jalapenos.

Just a few of many.

PaulaF

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

I read the Lord of the Rings series a few years ago, I liked a lot of it, but some parts were very hard for me to get through. Also now when I watch the movies I want Tom to show up, and he won’t but he should because he’s my favorite character in the books.

I love Sci-Fi. I really like dystopian stuff too.

My cereal boxes still have cartoons on them. Normally I just have 3 eggs and a banana, but sometimes I really want Count Chocula or Cinnamon Toast Crunch, not very often, but sometimes.

Wait you have human bones that washed up that you took home? That is super cool. Do you know where or kind of who they were from, or the era at all?

Also what is a frito pie? I know what fritos are if they are the chips, but are you making a savory pie from them, like the crust?

LOTR was a difficult read in a few places, the Dead Marshes for example, the first time I read it.  It is still my favorite book.

The bones that wash into that one creekbed are gray and not bleached at at all.  Which tells me it took a VERY long time to reach the creek and were mostly partially buried during their journey down the hill.

A Frito Pie is simply home made chili piled over Frito chips (crumbled or whole), A nice layer of cheese, then jalapeños ,onions, diced tomatoes, over the top, then served steamy hot.  You decide how spicy hot to make it, either ‘Hohum mild’ or ‘I’m  crying for a snowcone to wipe my bottom’ hot.

PaulaF

Hi Lacey

OK here are a few of my hobbies.

I love hiking (the Lake District is our favourite), Baking cakes (vegan ones as the whole family are vegan, except me lol), Photography (mainly Wildlife), Singing (choral and contemporary, I sing in two choirs and I’m a Bass lol), I love making Jam especially Marmalade (which is in full swing right now) and I love gardening.

Stephanie x

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

My wife is a baker, she is vegetarian, however we have a friend who’s daughter is is lactose intolerant, can’t have eggs, and had a gluten allergy. My wife figured out how to make that little girl cookies, because she was watching her bother’s and sisters eat some cookies and said, “I really wish I could have a cookie too.” You know what, those cookies and the brownies she made for that little girl were actually really good.
        Singing is fun, I do so poorly, but I like it.

Making Jam seems like it would be fun and pretty soothing too. I really like this cherry jam we get at the farmer’s market. Also it is a great place to get soap too.

Well, let’s see/

Running

Weightlifting

Military history

Diane

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

I like jogging sometimes. No one is chasing me so I don’t have to run. I do some light weightlifting, nothing like major, but squats and mostly full body stuff along with some toning. I really like the stationary bikes though.

What kind of Military History do you like? It’s always interesting to find out the eras that people are interested in.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Here goes…..

Run, hike, camping, reading (science fiction and history), playing board games and playing video strategy/role playing games.

Hugs, Liara

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Oh do you play RPGs as video games or as table top with other people? We are really enjoying playing Vampire the Masquerade, but we are also now in a D&D campaign too. If it’s just on computer, then you should really look into Vampire Bloodlines, it’s older, but a great game. Also Knights of the Old Republic is Star Wars, but really really good.

What board games do you play? We got Zombiecide recently and it’s a lot of fun, though it takes a little while to learn the rules.

Liara Wolfe
          Duchess

Some of the board games are “Betrayal At House On the Hill,” “Mansion Of Madness,” “Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective” and others. I have done some D&D but it is hard when you can’t get others interested. I do love the games on the computer too, so I will check out “Vampires Bloodline.”

Take care Cyn.

Hugs, Liara

Stevie65
      Lady

Here is my list. Not in order. Metal detecting,playing bagpipes,fly fishing and tying, hunting,trapping,archery,woodcarving,woodworking astronomy,my dogs, and a few others.

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Okay so like metal detecting is like walking around the beach looking for stuff with the detector right? Do you find neat stuff doing that?

Playing the bagpipes would be neat, but where do you even practice playing. Like can you control the volume on them? I love the sound of them, but I didn’t know they could be played quietly.

I have an uncle who ties flies and those get like really intricate. I don’t have the patience for that though, says the girl who who paints little plastic figures and will spend hours on one…

Seems like you are pretty outdoorsy, so I imagine your dogs are outdoorsy type dogs too like in the Fox and the Hound.

Don’t know if you would consider it a hobby, but I am an ordained clergy of the “Reformed Druids of North America”.

Other hobbies include sailing (coastal and open ocean). I was a certified instructor for US Sail and Navy Sailing. I spent some time, about 3 years, as the Commodore of the Kings Bay (Ga) Sailing Association.

As with many others here, I do woodworking. I also do leather crafts.

Just getting started in blacksmithing and knife making. My main furnace should be finished soon.

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Um I think a religion can also be a hobby. I don’t know. My wife and I are both Asatru / Heathens, but I don’t know that I would call it a hobby, though we do enjoy blots and sumbels with others and getting together with other pagans.

Sailing would be fun. I have never done it. I have only been on boats with motors. For a little while I got stationed with the USN on a ship, but that few months was enough to assure me I made the right choice not choosing the Navy. Big fan of the water when I can see a coast line, when I can’t not so much.

So many woodworkers and leather workers. They are great hobbies and I think it’s neat so many people can do it. CDH is definitely ready for the zombie apocalypse with all the outdoorsy types, and we’ll look absolutely fabulous doing it!

Blacksmithing we se at the Renfaires a lot and it’s always neat. I have a couple of knives I have bought from them. My favorite is one where they forced the blade and handle as once piece and at the end is a raven’s head.

Hi Lacey As like others here i love woodworking as building things for my wife and i .. Then auto body restoration as i have a 1932 ford bb truck rebuilding at present alomg with a early teen chevy truck then a 1946 chevy truck as the highlights many more  .. And yes Stephanie time for sure girl Ha Ha ..  i mechanic collect lots of automotive memrobilia also Sewing and so much more hugs ..

Stephanie Bass

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

I can work on my own car, mostly. My father and grandfather both believed both the boys and the girls need to know how to work on their own vehicles because everyone drives and needs to be able to do at least basic maintenance and emergency repairs on them. Some of us can do more than other’s but it’s a good skill to have. I don’t actually like doing it though, but I can, not sure I could ever do a restore and that early teen truck is over 100 years old. I bet finding parts for it is super hard.

Sewing is great. I actually love sewing and it makes it so night to be able to go into a thrift shop, find something and know that while it doesn’t fit yet, it’s going to soon. Also it’s been a great skill to have for my wife’s cosplays and for my clothes, because I have been losing a lot of weight.

For me Lacey time is most of the time on one way or another, like my nails are almost always painted and my everyday clothing is pretty much a mix of girl mode and boy mode clothing, though the full dresses are pretty much for the house or if we are going somewhere specific and I am dressing up.

Also utilikilt, seriously utilikilt, want to wear a skirt someplace it may not really be socially acceptable? Wear a utilikilt, also they have pockets! Pockets are a thing!

My all time favorite hobby is playing guitar and singing. It helped turn me from an unpopular somewhat effeminate kid of the early 60’s into someone who liked themself, and with that, so did others.
      Several more masculine hobbies, were fun for a short time, but I never stuck with them.
      My wife would say my most current hobby is shopping, and I honestly can’t deny it.
      Carla

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Shopping is 100% a hobby and from your pictures you are looking pretty classy there, so you are definitely buying great clothing.

Guitar I took lessons as a kid, but never really stuck with it after that. I did play bass for a while and had a lot of fun doing that, jumping around and yelling into a microphone. I mean it was kind of singing right?

Thank you so much. I do have the benefit of a style-conscious wife, with whom I frequently shop the nicer thrifts and consignment stores. Much of my (our) wardrobes have been purchased very reasonably, and the biggest issue in regards to that, involve closet space.
          Playing guitar and base in a band during high school and college, were a huge benefit for my self-esteem and emotional well-being.
          I still enjoy enjoy playing and singing although mostly in the privacy of my own home, but I have performed as Carla, and that was an exciting and wonderful experience.

Revel
      Baroness

Good question, sister! Asking ones hobbies is a great way to get to know one another more.

Aside from cross-dressing and photo shoots, I love to shop for deals. I love to collect action figures and figurines, and I have a massive DVD and video game collection. I’m a retro gamer. I also love to collect teddy bears. 🙂

In the summer, I love fishing, swimming, riding my mini bike, or exercising to keep my girly figure. I enjoy spending time with my cat, and my elderly Daddy. Last but not least, I love to “rev” my engine before driving away! 😀

XOXO Rev

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Oh! What kind of action figures do you collect? I love nendoroids and figmas. We have a huge video game and dvd collection too. Right now though my favorite console is the switch. I didn’t think I would like it, but it is the majority of my gaming now. We got some little Teddy Bear figures of the Ramones and Misfits which are awesome.

Where do you like to shop for deals. I have plenty of online stores I love, because the fashion I like isn’t generally available in most physical stores around here. I mean we have a Hot Topic, but mall stores are pretty limited now days.

Revel
          Baroness

Very nice.

The majority of my action figures that I collect are sci-fi figures. I like Star Trek, The Thing, Aliens, Predator, and Neca releases some highly detailed figures.

I like Nintendo. I especially love the New 3DS XL. However, my favorite video game consoles are the Sony PS2 and PS3.

I like shopping for deals in second hand stores like Savers or Goodwill. I’ve learned in these stores that one woman’s junk, is another woman’s treasure. 😉

Thanks for asking.

Genealogy and the History related to it.

I have not read the Alice books in many years but I think I recall most of them. One scene that has always impressed me was the segment with the caterpillar. “Who are you?”, is a very good question. The conversation related to how who we are can vary dramatically. We are not always who we were this morning.

Araminta.

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

I love that quote. “I hardly know, Sir, just at present, at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.”

That and Alice’s next line when Absolem asks her to explain herself and she says “I can’t explain myself, I’m afraid, Sir, because I am not myself, you see.”

I feel like both of those pretty regularly actually.

What amused me is when she complained about being only 3 inches and the caterpillar states that 3 inches is a perfectly respectable height as he draws himself up to his full 3 inches.

Araminta.

Zoe
      Lady

Such an interesting question. I find in my last couple of years of being pandemic prisoner, my interests have morphed and changed.

My hobbies & interests

Bird watching  (am a member of several organisations and lead walks for other birders, volunteer with citizen science projects like Christmas Bird counts and marsh monitoring)

Nature photography (flikr.com/sjcoatesimages if interested.)

Hiking

Reading (Love fiction and nonfiction)

I have started writing fiction

spending time with my wife and cat

getting better at applying makeup and adding to my wardrobe (I am onto shoes now!)

cooking and baking

listening to music, movies and podcasts

some TV, but not much (and mostly Canadian, British, Australian and European, very little US content)

There is probably more, but those are the big ones.

Music all types, Amateur Rugby League and obviously CD.

XXX Charlotte

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I have many hobbies and interests outside of the newer one, buying women’s clothes of all kinds!

The biggest thing is my interest in older cars, and my oldest is a 1916, with them scattered up to the late 80’s. I have done restorations, I paint, do mechanical work, body repairs. Not much I can’t do.

Photography too.

Sewing, in addition to making a few clothes for myself I also sewed the interior pieces for one of my cars.

Music, I’m an amateur musician, I play piano and violin, do public performances, (well I used to) and compose some too.

I also make jewelry, from polished stones.

Various woodworking things too. From bookcases to violins, still working on my first though.

Collecting vintage camera equipment, salt and pepper shakers, books, and a few other things.

Keeps me busy for sure.

Amy

Twilla Thompson
      Baroness - Annual

I run about 1200 miles a year, with several races thrown in from 5K to half marathons.  I also am beginning to get involved in woodworking.

Toodles!

Games, books and drawing is the basic level of it all. Games can branch out into board or video games, even got a board game night going on now with similar people which is so lovely and exciting. Video games is also such a massive dopamine hit for me lol.

Books I have made the switch more to audiobook so I can do it at work and similar situations, but I still love just chilling with a paperback.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Lacey,

Here are a few:

Almost all D.I.Y. with our house Carpentry, electrical, plumbing.

I also enjoy welding projects.

It has been a few years since I’ve done much, but I like target shooting, and reloading.

Riding  E-bikes with my wife, as the weather permits.

My favorite though is flying my wife around in our 40 year old single engine airplane. Also weather permitting…

Hugs,

Lara

Stevie65
      Lady

[postquote quote=613753]
      There are practice pipes for indoors but I like the regular pipes.

It is amazing when you tie your own fly and pattern and catch fish. The thrill is still there.

As for metal detecting…. there is so much you can find. I have found Canadian coins dating back to yhe late 1800s. There is just so much to find. Best part is doing research on old forgotten towns or stopping posts for prarrie and northern Canada travelers bavk in the 17 and 1800s.

Yes my dog love the outdoors as much or more than me. We like to walk the walking trails near the mountains. Outside of that they roam anx explore the farm and fields.

My main hobbies are reading books, especially non-fiction on history and some sci-fi/fantasy. I’ve recently rediscovered my love for drawing and I’m trying to improve enough to draw my own pictures for a story I’ve written. I’ve made two knives from railroad spikes and I REALLY want to do more. Last year I bought two old and beaten-to-hell  knives . I’ve restored one and I need to do the other still. And I started hunting three years ago, but so far I’ve only been chukar (a bird about the size of quail) hunting. I enjoy playing games but rarely get the chance to.

Hugs, Jill

Jayne
        Lady

Hi, Jill! I was glad to see another who likes science fiction! Who are you favorite authors? Do you like Ann Leckie? Martha Wells? NK Jemison?

Hugs,

Jayne

Hi Jayne,

I haven’t read any of those authors works, but I’ve read Edgar Rice Burroughs and a lot of the Star Wars books by various authors. I normally read history and when I need a break, I’ll read fiction of some kind. I also love Louis L’Amour’s books. He even wrote a science fiction book! Mr. Western. Who would have thought? It’s called “The Lonely Gods” if I recall correctly. It wasn’t his best work but it was interesting.

Hugs, Jill

Anonymous
      Lady

My hobbies are backpacking, camping and trout fishing. I also love driving my old corvette dressed as Sandy! Another thing I am doing has been renovating a log cabin I live in. Been working on it for the last number of years. I do one thing each year. Almost finished.

Sandy

Teri
      Duchess

Currently during the pandemic, I enjoy Carrera Slot car racing in winter and racing RC cars during the summer.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Teri.

Other than crossdressing I do have normal guy interests. I own a Harley and enjoy motorcycle riding. I love going Kayaking and camping. I also enjoy auto racing.

I’ve often thought about how nice it would be to have a crossdressing friend who I could share our guy interests with for the most part but also be able to talk about our interests in crossdressing.

I’m not interested in just having someone to play dress up with. As much as I love crossdressing it’s not my whole life and for the most part I would just like to have a close friend, not someone who wants to dress up every time we get together. Been there done that and it doesn’t work for me.

Hi, I love making music, I play guitar and sing in a punk band. I love taking photos, Going to the cinema and learning new things. I am a cabinet maker by trade as was my father and grandfather, which I sometimes still do for clients but most of the time Im a professional dad, which is a hobby, lifestyle and brilliant time eater. Sice coming out I spend more time being Helene, she loves practicing make-up, buying shoes and dressing up

cooking

cycling

skiing

flying private planes

building things

I like to do lots of things indoors like gardening, cooking, baking, reading, writing, listening to music but also like outdoor stuff like hiking, camping, bike riding, long walks in the city, orienteering, letterboxing, (similar to geocaching, but artier), and travel. I also enjoy making Found Art projects like sculptures and collages. Of course my favorite activity of all is getting as girly girl as possible.

Lacey Cyn
      Lady

What is an e-bike? Also what kinds of things do you read and what kind of movies do you like. As for the growing and enjoying, that does sound like it could be fun, but unfortunately our laws here don’t permit that at all.

Lacey Cyn
      Lady

OMG That is awesome. That is a lot of instruments. Do you have your music somewhere that I could hear it? I always wanted to play professionally, I was in a little punk band for a while, but we were not very good. I can play bass and I sang, very loudly, very Sex Pistols / X-Ray Spex. I kind of really want to learn to play the hurdy-gurdy. I love how it sounds.

I think it would be very nice for you to play in homes too. I bet they would love every minute of it.

Congratulations on the retirement and on the Grandma! That is amazing.

Lacey Cyn
      Lady

I love this song. I really liked it when they did it in School of Rock too.

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?