Would you continue to dress if it were 100% acceptable?

This question may seem a bit silly since most of us here would love to be accepted in whatever clothing we chose to wear, but I’m curious about the consensus here. If you were suddenly able to wear feminine clothing with the same level of acceptance as male clothing, would you continue to dress?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Yes
  • No

This topic contains 37 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  anne-marie 2 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Brittany Vai
    Participant
    Registered On: March 6, 2019
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

Hi Ladies,

Occasionally I reflect on my dressing in order to try and understand why it’s so important to me. I know I shouldn’t care, but societal “norms” are always lurking and they are hard to dismiss sometimes.

So I started wondering. If I were able to walk out the front door tomorrow, dressed as though it had never been a problem to do otherwise, would I still do it (it may be important to note that I’m straight and not trans for the sake of the poll).

There were a couple of reasons for asking myself this question. First, it seems like a lot of genetic women complain about shaving their legs, doing makeup, uncomfortable heels, pantyhose issues, etc. Would this also be an issue for me? Male attire is admittedly easier.

Secondly, society tends to put the “fetish” label on male crossdressing, which annoys me to no end. Mainly because women crossdress everyday and no one bats an eye. Regardless, if the taboo were removed, would I continue to dress or would the “fetish” subside with sudden acceptance.

I believe I would likely continue to dress. Perhaps 50% of the time in dresses and the remainder split between masculine/feminine jeans, leggings, so on.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I’m looking forward to seeing your answers. Have fun!

-Brittany

• Author
    Replies
     anne-marie 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 26, 2018
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 134

No question about this for me. Not only would I continue to dress ‘en femme’ but I would do so much more. It would mean being able to go to work ‘en femme’ without fear of discrimination or having to worry about the effect that I my be having on my clients e.g. would they still engage fully in therapeutic appointments with a guy in a dress.

Then there’s tbe times when I’ve got home, changed into my evening attire i.e. skirt and blouse, then realised I need to go to the supermarket to pick up some milk or whatever. Now its change back to drab then back to femme after the shops – it’s a real pain so it would be great to not feel like I had to change and just bob off to the shop. I would also be able to saunter round the clothes section whilst there and perhaps make an addition to my collection.

Come to think of it, would I continue to dress? Massive yes, I would probably become 24/7.

Take care girls.

Hugs.

Anne-Marie.

Khloe West 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 27, 2015
    Replies: 99

Lol! YES!!!

My “daily look” as a handyman/contractor likely would equate to “tomboy”.

On the flip? It can be a memorable  marketing and “branding” moment.

Even when in denim bottoms and a T? Always from the other side of the aisle.

Add the 24/7 painted nails and the daily shoes being Mary Jane’s?

#ToughToForget #MakesAnImpression

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Bobbi 
    Participant
    Registered On: September 13, 2018
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 489

I was never one to beg permission, or forgiveness. Whether or not, society accepts me, is of no consequence to me.

I suppose, I would rather society accepts me, but the fact of the matter is that I’m here, whether they like it or not.

I will not change for anybody.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     fiona moss 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: October 7, 2018
    Topics: 241
    Replies: 917

Lol, i think this poll is definately going to be a yes!! i voted yes! i mean, why would anyone not dress if it was 100% acceptable, i for one would never be drab again!!! ahhhh we can only dream 🙂

Fiona xxx

Tanya Dale 
    Participant
    Registered On: February 10, 2019
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 95

I voted “yes”. I think I would dress 100% of the time but is this the lure of the unattainable, loving what I know I can’t have but if I got it would I love it? I love dressing but would I love it if I could do it all the time?

Brittany Vai 
      Participant
      Registered On: March 6, 2019

Hi Tanya,

“I love dressing but would I love it if I could do it all the time”?

This is the exact question I ask myself occasionally, and why I chose to submit this poll. I think you phrased it perfectly.

I dress because I love feeling feminine and being closer to that thing I admire so much (women). There are times when I feel like dressing, but also feel too lazy to do my hair, makeup, etc. That said, I likely wouldn’t dress every day for the same reasons genetic women don’t get dolled up everyday. It can be burdensome.

Perhaps another way of asking this question would be, “Would I continue dressing en femme if it became mainstream or would I somehow embrace that “thing” that sets women apart and emulate that thing instead”. Rhetorically speaking, what would make dressing en femme special if everyone were doing it?

Just food for thought.

Thanks!

-Brittany

Jessica V. 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 16, 2018
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Absolutely! OMG! Don’t know what would give out first, my heels or my credit cards! To be able to hear my stilettos click clack on my walk from my car to the front of a store would be such an amazing experience. To be able to walk hand in hand with my wife around the mall and try on outfits would be OUT OF THIS WORLD! love the poll but this is a no-brainer.

😛

Jessica

Barb Encourt 
    Participant
    Registered On: November 25, 2017
    Replies: 8

Half of the fun is getting dressed elegant sexy fem or elegant sexy soccer mom style

This morning I dressed nicely for my usual breakfast hour at Panera before I headed to the Office.

I was so wanting to wear fem all day but I had to change into my regular good looking guy business attire before I came here to the Office

I would happily wear fem most if not most every day if I could

Barb.

Barb

Lori Shane 
    Participant
    Registered On: September 10, 2017
    Replies: 17

I would dress almost all the time and be rid of my fear of being out

Val’sheril Starsong 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 3, 2019
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 203

How… how is this even a question?!  Honey, I’d be in a fancy dress every day, damn the inconvenience!

Stephanie Kennedy 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 15, 2019
    Replies: 14

If that dream could come true that would mean I would be 100% acceptable. I would be truly free.

Caty Ryan 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 27, 2017
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 253

My answer is yes and I would love to be able to “put my Caty on” and go about my business in the outside world without a care as and when I felt like it.. I’d also love to FINALLY do a complete body shave as that’s the one thing remaining I have not done to complete my femme self. (OK I did it once on a business trip 30 years ago, but got into deep do do with the then “boss” when I got home!

It would be optional for me as there are times when the male me just feels like the male gear. So much easier and nowhere near as much prep time. BUT…. I would always be Caty undeneath the above if I could.

The other factor is the 40+degC Australian summers. Its tough enough indoors with the aircon on on days like the above, so male me would wish to stay that way on these occasions

Remember the famous old crossdresser saying, “CD’ing is a winter sport”.

Happy dressing
    Caty

Michelle Brown 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 23, 2015
    Replies: 34

My answer is YES .To me,its very fulfilling to be dressed enfemme.If I could ,I would,although my taser belt would have to be color co ordinated.

Michelle Liefde 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: May 27, 2018
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 749

You have asked a very interesting poll question. The relief and comfort I feel when I get to express Michelle has been liberating and if it was socially acceptable, it would be even more freeing.

Hug,

Michelle

Anne Preuss 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 13, 2018
    Replies: 258

It’s the whole societal thing that’s holding me back.   I certainly don’t dress because there is a risk factor, forbidden fruit aspect to dressing.  I dress because I love to look at the woman in the mirror.  The few times I have gone public, I loved the thrill of being what I truly want to be in public.  Omigosh, if tomorrow we could dress whatever way we wanted to without repercussion, I’d be dressing every day (and max out the credit card that same day).

Celeste Starre 
    Participant
    Registered On: June 26, 2018
    Replies: 114

Yes,but only 100% of the time.

Celeste Starre

Rene 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 7, 2019
    Replies: 19

It’s a big yes for me, though there is a certain pleasure i get from “the secret” there are just so so many days i get up and want so very much to put on “Rene” and go to work, eat lunch and just…well… live my life the way i feel. I sort of dream of a world where i could choose, day to day or even hour to hour just how i wanted to dress without it being some big deal, without a “coming out” just business as usual. I could do my job every bit as good dressed in skirts as i do in pants, some days better!

Amy Myers 
    Participant
    Registered On: February 11, 2019
    Replies: 139

There is definitely a bit the forbidden fruit, which can cause something of a rush for me too. However, I do have a kind of comfort level in women’s wear.

I would likely be in the 50/50 camp. Certainly it is a lot of work getting dressed to look like a passable woman, and I don’t mean to the point of going all out like a party or club outfit.

It would be great to just go out in a skirt and blouse when I don’t feel like my old blue jeans, instead of dressier men’s clothes. I’m in a small town, and lots of conservative folks here.

Amy

Davida Mae 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 14, 2019
    Replies: 110
    1. Hi Brittany; This exactly  the topics I hope is shared. I’m a Closet Gurl so I have no outside of CDH to discuss these simple things. I must admit I get a sexual rush from dressing but as a Closet Gurl I am clawing at my Closet door. I don’t want to transition but I would like the freedom and option to wear my skirt and heels when my Gurl wants to step out. I haven’t tried makeup yet but I would like to try some Rose Pink Lipstick and some pink mist nail polish and some mascara without everyone losing their minds and destroying my life. I’m an older person… who is better and more  appropriate to wear a wig then somebody with male pattern baldness ? I like being male but sometimes I just want to be the Gurl
    3 users thanked author for this post.
       Val’sheril Starsong 
      Participant

“Clawing at my closet door”… I may unabashedly steal this phrase, Davida.

Also, try the makeup, it really makes a world of difference.  Yes, you’ll spend your time in the clown/raccoon phase but it’s a learning curve like any other art form.  If nothing else find a girl (genetic or otherwise) you trust and ask her to make you over.  And if you’re paranoid like me, Amazon is your friend… I have an account just for Val and get packages delivered to a locker for pickup; no one I live with has any risk of intercepting my gurl things.

Davida Mae 
        Participant
        Registered On: January 14, 2019
        Replies: 110

HaHaaa; as a Closet Gurl I don’t know any other way to  describe the feeling

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  Davida Mae.
     Dame Veronica Graunwolf 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 1746

Does anybody wonder why “Walmart People” dress so wacky and wierd, yet nobody is picking on them??!!.  Why pester us…..we look infinitly better than WP could. I have been in several Walmarts in Canada and only see the odd 1 or 2 and they are not nearly as bad as the internet lets on to be.

Dame Veronica

Lilly 
      Participant
      Registered On: December 12, 2018
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 206

Not to be a contrarian but as I understand it, “People of Walmart” are their own brand of comedy and they kinda get picked on a lot/ butt of many jokes sooo…..

I believe I would likely continue to dress. Perhaps 50% of the time in dresses and the remainder split between masculine/feminine jeans, leggings, so on.

Brittany, I could not agree more! I work as a general contractor so days where I’m in the office taking care of contracts/ paperwork I’d love to wear leggings and a cute dress, however construction sites demand a certain and specific kind of demeanor so I would advise anyone to look like a tough-son-of-a-gun if you want to keep a good handle on schedule and budget with your subcontractors.

Susan Miller 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2019
    Replies: 58

I would love to be en femme all of the time.  The main reason that I am a crossdresser is the enormous appeal of the clothing!  I love all sorts of textures and looks, from rubber to leather to chiffon to satin to silk….  As many have said, women have great latitude in the clothing that they can wear; the variety seems endless.  I would love to walk in my closet and see only feminine clothing.

Rose 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 18, 2016
    Replies: 12

Definitely yes from me too! In the last 12 months I have become more and more confident about being dressed at home at least. In particular I have purchased some outerwear made for tall women – perfect for me, I must say, and this has increased my confidence, so that I am willing to wear a blouse and women’s pants when venturing out of the house. So, if social norms changed (and they will need to shift quite a distance) then I would seriously think, say, about visiting clients in my work dressed, perhaps not completely as a woman but certainly in that direction.

Emily Rhodes 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 21, 2019
    Replies: 1

Yes I would like and do for almost 85-90 percent of the time I love how I feel I feel like this is who I really am

Jacky Burnside 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 25, 2019

Yes, of course I would. An easy answer for me because  when I am dressed, makeup on, and hair done,  feeling like a woman is so perfectly natural! It is the way I am supposed to be. I do not plan to transition, but if I could say the magic word and become a woman, I would in a heartbeat!

Thank you, Brittany, for this question.

Camryn Occasionnel 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 10, 2018
    Replies: 133

This is indeed a difficult question. I chose “Yes”, but a simple “yes” will not do.
    First off, I know that in my lifetime, crossdressing will never be 100% acceptable; however, for the sake of argument, let’s say that we all woke up one day, and we CDers could suddenly venture out in public fully or partially dressed as female, and be “accepted” – even those among us that could never “pass” as a woman. I wouldn’t be subjected to the ridicule I now face; no one would hassle me or beat me up; I could shop in the ladies’ section and no one would bat an eye, no matter how much I look like a man in a dress.

It all sounds great!

However, speaking for myself, I would still continue dressing in private, continue my closeted life. I would still continue to admire women and everything about them, because I do so long to look like them. It’s one of the reasons I crossdress. Imitation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery, as they say.

For I am a crossdresser and will probably continue to be one until age takes its toll, accepted or not.

And if this were the case, 100% public acceptability, would there be a need for crossdresser-friendly venues? crossdresser meetup groups? conferences like Keystone, Esprit, Leeds? Would all SOs suddenly become not only accepting, but encouraging?

I would suppose the whole mission of Crossdresser Heaven might have to change. Much of it’s purpose is to serve a community that is almost 100% UN-accepted. If crossdressing were no longer taboo, would none of us be confused any longer?

So, let that time come, if it ever does. I’ll still continue to enjoy dressing privately. However, I must say, it would be nice to no longer fear a knock at the door; to order pizza delivery or take-out Chinese, and answer the door dressed; to lounge on my patio with no concern about what the neighbors might think; to invite a ladyfriend (GG) or even another gurl (CD) over to dinner while dressed for the evening.

So I did choose “yes,” but it’s just so…… complicated!

Gabriela Romani 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: October 7, 2018
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 363

Ah, as I suspected… I’m the only “no” vote so far. But hear me out…

Personally, it is not only about the clothes. It is about being able to present as a female and being accepted as one. So, if wearing dresses and skirts and heels was acceptable for men. But were cut for men, styled for men, etc, I would not be interested at all. I would continue trying to present as a woman. That’s also why I don’t agree with the argument of the double standard about how “women can wear men’s clothes and nobody says anything about it”

if that was really a goal for lots of men, you would have already got stores and manufacturers to start carrying men’s pantyhose and heels and dresses, etc. Just look at South Korea where feminine men are role models to many young boys.

Gaby 💜

Laura Lovett 
      Participant
      Registered On: November 18, 2018
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 362

Gaby, I agree 100% with that caveat.

My SO bought me some lace panties designed for men.

I actually feel a little disgusted wearing them – really not sure where that emotion comes from.

The whole thing is that I like women’s clothing specifically, and, like you, admire women and would love to present as one.

However, I am also a man, with no real desire to change what nature has seen fit to give me, except to look after it nutritionally and physically.

And mentally, of course.

Wearing women’s clothing puts me in a special place in my mind that is soothing and healing, not to mention downright or maybe upleft positive and energised.

If it were accepted only on the terms that mean wear clothes only designed for men, I would not agree to those terms!

Love Laura

4 users thanked author for this post.
         stephanie plumb 
        Participant
        Registered On: November 17, 2018
        Topics: 30
        Replies: 200

I 100% agree with you. The thought of wearing girlie clothes designed specifically for men makes me shudder.  As for men’s knickers – I couldn’t possibly wear them.

I have however occasionally worn  mens trainers/wellies  and  a  winter parka (albeit in a “feminine” colour – see my photo). I am just about ok with this on the grounds that it was for passing reasons.

x Stephanie P.

Val’sheril Starsong 
          Participant

Gonna jump on this bandwagon.  If I want to wear clothes designed for men, I’ll just wear men’s clothes.  It’s a hell of a lot easier and more comfortable.

Val’sheril is in many ways my Shadow/Anima in Jungian terms.  She’s not content to just be wearing women’s clothes, she wants to be feminine, elegant, beautiful.  Yes, in a physical sense it’s very much smoke and mirrors but to look in the mirror and see a woman… well, it makes her/me very happy, regardless of the sort of chicanery involved in getting to that point.

Thank you, Gabriela, for your insightful commentary.

Jasmine Andrews 
    Participant
    Registered On: February 24, 2019
    Replies: 5

I would, although I don’t know that it would be every day. Of course, my job requires everyone to wear slacks and flat, black shoes with the provided uniform shirt, so on days I’m in the field it wouldn’t be much of a difference. But given how hot our office can be, the days I have office hours a skirt would be lovely.

Annie Sometimes 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2017
    Replies: 11

What a great question! For me, it would be a dream come true!

Imogen Mann 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 2, 2019
    Replies: 116

I would do it, and I would be able to do it all the time and 100% ‘better’ if it were the norm, because being fully relaxed in public, with no hint of caution or fear would lead to better posture, freer body movements, easier shopping wider scope for outfits, greater socialisation with other girls, and so a better understanding of fashion, and daily life as a female.

Are my immediate thoughts.

Imogen x

Jasmine Fletcher 
    Participant
    Registered On: September 7, 2018
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 226

I would do as I prefer it comfort-wise.  As I’m “en femme” around 50% of the time now, I’ve gravitated towards clothing that is comfy, keeps me warm in Winter, cool in Summer and is practical to wear around the house while doing all those mundane tasks.    I now find my male clothes are rather heavy and uncomfortable and seem to cling in the wrong places.  And I need some tights under my male trousers at this time of year just to keep warm.   It must be my age.   🙂

Laura Lovett 
      Participant
      Registered On: November 18, 2018
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 362

Not your age, Jasmine – I used to wear tights under my trousers when in my early 20s. I had a gardening job.

The rest is spot on – I gave up male underwear a while ago. I’ve never found it comfortable, but previously felt very self conscious about wearing my preferred choice.

Now I don’t care. It’s nobody’s business but mine what I wear underneath it all. People interact with the surface they see.

An expensive suit, fresh ironed shirt and precision knotted tie tell people all they need to know. I watch the reactions!

This comes from my love of Theatre. The costume and makeup tranform the audience’s perceptions of you. You are the character you’re portraying.

Wearing lingerie keeps a bit of Laura with me every day, and it has a surprising benefit to my general mental and even physical health.

Love Laura

4 users thanked author for this post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account