69 Posts
18 Users
0 Thanks
Lady
Topic starter
(@lorrie_kaye)
Estimable Member     Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
wpf-cross-image

In my previous article, I wrote about "Happy Surprises," little things that one doesn't expect as a closeted crossdresser. And for over 60 years, I had a monster secret on my back. It was let loose once before in 1995 and it led to a horrific divorce. For whatever reason, I approached my wife of 20 years a few weeks ago with the idea of me dressing as "Elphaba" the witch of the West from the play "Wicked." I had never been in costume for Halloween, nor had I ever gone into public dressed as a female character. So, imagine my surprise when she said, "Sure. And we'll need to get some bright red lipstick for you." I ordered my costume, wig, hat and stockings and when it all arrived, I put everything on, except the makeup in front of her. She looked at me and said, "I've never seen you like this." I wasn't sure where this was going or coming from! I just went with the flow. Then on Halloween afternoon, we got ready to hand out the candy to the neighborhood kids. We dressed and she did my makeup. Needless to say, I scared a few of the kids when they realized "The witch is a man!" The night went well, and we shut down about 9 PM that evening.

We went into the master bath and removed our costumes and makeup, taking showers. When she finished hers, I handed her a towel and she dried off. Then she looked me in the eyes and asked, "Do you like wearing women's clothes?" I was stunned! I have tried desperately to keep my "hobby" secret. I thought about lying for a second then blurted out, "yes." My mind was blown!

Well, after hours of talking it became very apparent that she not only was comfortable with it, she encouraged me to pursue my feminine side, with her help! Her biggest concern was for me to be happy and enjoy life. She couldn't understand why I didn't tell her years ago. Like most of us closeted types, it's not something we relish revealing about ourselves, especially to our significant others when we have no clue as to the outcome of the reveal.

Since those talks, she has helped me order shoes, clothes, bras and given me some of her panties. We agreed I would be able to dress all the time, wear makeup, whatever, but in the house. This morning, she had me try on her jeans and slacks and a couple of blouses so we could go out to lunch and shopping with me en femme without makeup. Life is good!

The hidden CD Monster is dead, Kathryn has risen from the ashes!

PS: I love my wife even more than I thought possible!

PPS: The title was suggested by a dear friend, @carolyn Carolyn Kay. She's been wonderful to me!

Girls, how long have you been in the closet and still afraid to come out to wife concerning your cross dressing?

Have you came out of the closet to your wife yet and how did she take it?

Does your wife help you pick out your femme clothes and makeup like my wife does? Tell me about what level of acceptance your wife is at with your cross dressing right now.

Thanks for reading my wonderful success story of my wife's acceptance of my cross dressing! Have a wonderful holiday season!

Sincerely, Kathryn Lynn

68 Replies
(@Bettylou Cox)
Trusted Member

Kathryn,
Wonderful story, and there is nothing to compare with being accepted by those you most love. You are a lucky woman (and so is your wife).
Hugs,
Bettylou

2 Replies
(@lorrie_kaye)

Thanks, Bettylou. Yes, we are lucky!
Hugs, Kathryn

(@lorrie_kaye)

Thanks, Bettylou. Yes, we are lucky!
Hugs, Kathryn

(@Bettylou Cox)
Trusted Member

Kathryn,
Wonderful story, and there is nothing to compare with being accepted by those you most love. You are a lucky woman (and so is your wife).
Hugs,
Bettylou

Lady
(@jaiymelynn)
Trusted Member     Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America

Kathryn,
Wow. What a great story. You are blessed to have a wife who loves you enough to let you live fully. I never had the chance with my lovely wife, she died before it ever came to light that I am a crossdresser. Life is short, we all need to live to the fullest, each moment we have is precious.
Thank you for sharing,
JaiymeLynne

2 Replies
(@lorrie_kaye)

Hi JaiymeLynne,
Thank you for the kind words. I am sorry about the loss of your wife. I agree life is too damned short to live in secret, which is why I said yes to her direct question.
Hugs,
Kathryn

(@lorrie_kaye)

Hi JaiymeLynne,
Thank you for the kind words. I am sorry about the loss of your wife. I agree life is too damned short to live in secret, which is why I said yes to her direct question.
Hugs,
Kathryn

Lady
(@jaiymelynn)
Trusted Member     Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America

Kathryn,
Wow. What a great story. You are blessed to have a wife who loves you enough to let you live fully. I never had the chance with my lovely wife, she died before it ever came to light that I am a crossdresser. Life is short, we all need to live to the fullest, each moment we have is precious.
Thank you for sharing,
JaiymeLynne

Ambassador
(@skippy1965)
Famed Member     Richmond, Virginia, United States of America

Congrats Kathryn I’m having an enthusiastic and supportive wife. My ex was neither accepting nor even tolerant and it did eventually lead(with some other factors) to a divorce. I do know that never again will I get into a relationship without telling my partner about Cyn.
Cyn

2 Replies
(@lorrie_kaye)

Hi Cyn,
Thanks for the kind words. I hated keeping my secret from her all these years, but I was scared of the potential issues it would raise. Sometimes you gotta say, "WTF" and go for it. Life's too short!
Hugs,
Kathryn

(@lorrie_kaye)

Hi Cyn,
Thanks for the kind words. I hated keeping my secret from her all these years, but I was scared of the potential issues it would raise. Sometimes you gotta say, "WTF" and go for it. Life's too short!
Hugs,
Kathryn

Ambassador
(@skippy1965)
Famed Member     Richmond, Virginia, United States of America

Congrats Kathryn I’m having an enthusiastic and supportive wife. My ex was neither accepting nor even tolerant and it did eventually lead(with some other factors) to a divorce. I do know that never again will I get into a relationship without telling my partner about Cyn.
Cyn

(@Bettylou Cox)
Trusted Member

I too had went through an awful divorce with one of the reasons, (Among others) being my desire to express my female side. When I started dating the woman who is now my wife, I decided to just tell her before things went to far in the relationship. She wasn't all that thrilled by it......But, she also wasn't terrified of it either. We have now been married for almost 16 years. I have become her house wife, and she has grown to love the fact that she has a partner who doesn't want to sit around and watch sports all the time! It has been so much fun being husband and wife....AND girls friends!

2 Replies
(@lorrie_kaye)

Hi Beavette,
You were smart and lucky to start your life together in the open. That is my only regret.
Hugs,
Kathryn

(@lorrie_kaye)

Hi Beavette,
You were smart and lucky to start your life together in the open. That is my only regret.
Hugs,
Kathryn

(@Bettylou Cox)
Trusted Member

I too had went through an awful divorce with one of the reasons, (Among others) being my desire to express my female side. When I started dating the woman who is now my wife, I decided to just tell her before things went to far in the relationship. She wasn't all that thrilled by it......But, she also wasn't terrified of it either. We have now been married for almost 16 years. I have become her house wife, and she has grown to love the fact that she has a partner who doesn't want to sit around and watch sports all the time! It has been so much fun being husband and wife....AND girls friends!

(@Bettylou Cox)
Trusted Member

Kathryn give your wife a big hug for me, i came out to my wife just over 8 yrs ago and if not for our then 21 son being diagnosed with cancer(he is now 8 yrs cancer free) she would have divorced me on the spot.
My wife has since become tolerant and goes to support group events with me, however our physical relationship died the day i came out to her and if she we younger at the time(we were both 57)
i am sure she would have went her way.
so again give that lady of yours another hug for me all the other gals in our group

2 Replies
(@lorrie_kaye)

Good morning Giselle,
Trust me, I've been hugging my wife constantly! Thanks for the kind words about my article.
Hugs,
Kathryn

(@lorrie_kaye)

Good morning Giselle,
Trust me, I've been hugging my wife constantly! Thanks for the kind words about my article.
Hugs,
Kathryn

(@Bettylou Cox)
Trusted Member

Kathryn give your wife a big hug for me, i came out to my wife just over 8 yrs ago and if not for our then 21 son being diagnosed with cancer(he is now 8 yrs cancer free) she would have divorced me on the spot.
My wife has since become tolerant and goes to support group events with me, however our physical relationship died the day i came out to her and if she we younger at the time(we were both 57)
i am sure she would have went her way.
so again give that lady of yours another hug for me all the other gals in our group

Baroness
(@amylove2dress)
Famed Member     South Western Ontario, Ontario, Canada

Thank you for sharing that wonderful experience with us! It certainly can bring a couple closer together, with a different kind of shared intimacy.
A lot of my story is here on CDH, but to answer some of your questions, my wife has always known about my desire to dress, but I'd only borrow her bra's a couple of times a year, though I had my own undies, as the size difference was too great for them to fit me. The difference is about a year ago, I really got the urge to dress more often, and more completely, with the goal of going out fully en femme.
With that she was a bit cautious, as she was afraid that our relationship was changing into something she wouldn't like. After quite a bit of talking, and it took her some time to get used the idea of fully dressed up, including makeup, she now so amazingly supportive. We shop together for clothes, discuss outfits, and she has come with me to some crossdresser dinners and other events. This has brought us closer together, and that is a great.
Amy

2 Replies
(@lorrie_kaye)

Hi Amy,
Thanks for the kind words! I'm happy your wife supports you to the extent she does. And yes, it does (and it did) bring us closer. One nice benefit is my wife and I are about the same size so now we share our wardrobes...the downside is the dry cleaning bill is now astronomical! lol We've gone to dinner as girlfriends and hope to do a girls' weekend soon in Tampa across the state from where we live.
Again, thanks
Hugs,
Kathryn!!

(@lorrie_kaye)

Hi Amy,
Thanks for the kind words! I'm happy your wife supports you to the extent she does. And yes, it does (and it did) bring us closer. One nice benefit is my wife and I are about the same size so now we share our wardrobes...the downside is the dry cleaning bill is now astronomical! lol We've gone to dinner as girlfriends and hope to do a girls' weekend soon in Tampa across the state from where we live.
Again, thanks
Hugs,
Kathryn!!

Baroness
(@amylove2dress)
Famed Member     South Western Ontario, Ontario, Canada

Thank you for sharing that wonderful experience with us! It certainly can bring a couple closer together, with a different kind of shared intimacy.
A lot of my story is here on CDH, but to answer some of your questions, my wife has always known about my desire to dress, but I'd only borrow her bra's a couple of times a year, though I had my own undies, as the size difference was too great for them to fit me. The difference is about a year ago, I really got the urge to dress more often, and more completely, with the goal of going out fully en femme.
With that she was a bit cautious, as she was afraid that our relationship was changing into something she wouldn't like. After quite a bit of talking, and it took her some time to get used the idea of fully dressed up, including makeup, she now so amazingly supportive. We shop together for clothes, discuss outfits, and she has come with me to some crossdresser dinners and other events. This has brought us closer together, and that is a great.
Amy

(@Bettylou Cox)
Trusted Member

Kathryn,
Lovely story of love prevailing. I came out to my SO about 4 years ago with the result being that she accepts my need to cross dress but with passive support. She doesn't want to see me dressed but we do have an understanding that I will be totally enfemme many days that she is working and once a year or so she goes to visit family far away which gives me an entire week to express my fem side. I have a closet full of beautiful women's clothing and a drawer for my makeup. I go out often as Bobbi, in the car, walks on the beach, support group meetings, and movies. I understand that having a cross dressing partner is not what she signed up for but as she often tells me when I'm feeling vulnerable, "I'm not going anywhere so do what you need to do to be happy". Not perfect and yes, I would love someday to share more of me with her and it may happen. But in the end I suppose I really can't ask more from her until she willingly and honestly is ready for that.
Good for you and your wife, sounds like an honest and loving relationship.

hugs,
Bobbi

4 Replies
(@lorrie_kaye)

Thanks, Bobbi! I'm happy that your wife understands your needs... I was totally unprepared for mine's response! But she is good with it all and I love that she wants to help and participate in Kathryn's world. We all need to hug our wives often and love them for being in our lives.
Hugs,
Kathryn

(@lorrie_kaye)

Thanks, Bobbi! I'm happy that your wife understands your needs... I was totally unprepared for mine's response! But she is good with it all and I love that she wants to help and participate in Kathryn's world. We all need to hug our wives often and love them for being in our lives.
Hugs,
Kathryn

Ambassador
(@leonara)

Noble Member     Long Island,, New York, United States of America

Hi Bobbi,
I commiserate with you also.. My wife knows but gives me the opportunity to express my feminine side when the opportunity presents itself when she is not home. She is coming around where I'll be able to go out and be with cd friends who I know through CDH...Leonara

Ambassador
(@leonara)

Noble Member     Long Island,, New York, United States of America

Hi Bobbi,
I commiserate with you also.. My wife knows but gives me the opportunity to express my feminine side when the opportunity presents itself when she is not home. She is coming around where I'll be able to go out and be with cd friends who I know through CDH...Leonara

(@Bettylou Cox)
Trusted Member

Kathryn,
Lovely story of love prevailing. I came out to my SO about 4 years ago with the result being that she accepts my need to cross dress but with passive support. She doesn't want to see me dressed but we do have an understanding that I will be totally enfemme many days that she is working and once a year or so she goes to visit family far away which gives me an entire week to express my fem side. I have a closet full of beautiful women's clothing and a drawer for my makeup. I go out often as Bobbi, in the car, walks on the beach, support group meetings, and movies. I understand that having a cross dressing partner is not what she signed up for but as she often tells me when I'm feeling vulnerable, "I'm not going anywhere so do what you need to do to be happy". Not perfect and yes, I would love someday to share more of me with her and it may happen. But in the end I suppose I really can't ask more from her until she willingly and honestly is ready for that.
Good for you and your wife, sounds like an honest and loving relationship.

hugs,
Bobbi

Page 1 / 3
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?