28 Users
3 Thanks
Duchess
Topic starter
(@franziskafrankfurt)
Trusted Member     Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
wpf-cross-image

"Why I love travelling en femme"

I try to challenge myself to new experiences en femme. And one new experience in 2022 was a weekend trip entirely en femme. I had planned that trip for a couple of months, knowing that my wife would be travelling elsewhere with her friends on that weekend. I was not being secretive about that plan. My wife knew what I was up to.

I had booked a hotel in Stuttgart / Germany from Friday to Sunday. I had made reservations for Friday night at a well-rated small restaurant, I booked an opera ticket for Saturday night, and I had checked the local museum scene in order to visit an exhibition on Sunday morning. For transportation, I had purchased first-class train tickets which allowed me to reserve a single seat rather than having to share a double seat in a possibly very crowded train on a Friday afternoon.

There are several aspects that make travelling en femme particularly exciting: Preparation – the many hours I have spent envisioning the trip, the things I was planning to do, and the outfits I was planning to wear – was lots of fun. Getting ready – a few weeks before, I dropped off my blonde wig at my hairdresser for washing, care and styling. The weekend before, I redid my toenails and two days before, I had my arms waxed. The evening before, I trimmed my eyebrows and glued tips to my fingernails.

Discovering new places – that is a fun part in travelling anyway, but even more so when dressed en femme, hence, taking in things from a different perspective. Commitment – taking the train to a place hundreds of kilometers from the safety of your home prevents you from simply backing out. I also – deliberately – did not bring any men's clothes or shoes. I had contemplated that issue for a couple of weeks and only made the decision two hours before I left. I simply did not want to give myself the opportunity for an easy way out – and I ran out of space in my suitcase :-). What is the risk in that? A huge amount of humiliation, in case something would go terribly wrong. No risk, no fun, they say.

On that Friday of my departure, I had reserved ample time to get ready and to get packed. I had made a check list to prevent forgetting anything to bring along. Around 1 pm, Franziska headed out the door for Frankfurt central station with a suitcase full of dresses, shoes, lingerie, a dressing gown, jewelry, make-up, etc., and a broad smile on her face as you can imagine. After two uneventful hours on the ICE high speed train, reading a women’s fashion magazine, Franziska arrived at Stuttgart central station, walked to the hotel, checked in, changed to outfit #2, and headed out to dinner. Checking in provided for a short moment of anxiety, when the guy behind the counter said: “Is it correct that the reservation was made by a man?” “Yep,” I answered, “that is correct.”

I'll share some more pictures of this trip in my private and my public gallery here at CDH in the coming weeks.

Thank you for taking the time to read my article and feel free to offer up any responses you may have to either the article above or the three questions I’ve posed to you below:

• Does your wife approve of you going out in public while dressed en femme?
  • Where do you usually go when you go out as the feminine version of yourself?
  • Are your experiences going out in public comfortable and easy for you to do and have your experiences out in public en femme always been positive experiences or have you had some difficulties while going out in public you would like to share with me?

Love,

Franzi

70 Replies
Lady
(@lavenderlily)
Eminent Member     Los Angeles, California, United States of America

I love you adventurous spirit Franziska! My wife and I love traveling together and my goal is to embark on a girls trip together with me fully en femme. I love setting as a goal to be able to go out in public fully confident in my ability to pass as a GG! I’m so impressed you were able to do this solo!

1 Reply
(@franziskafrankfurt)

Dear Ashley, Thank you very much for your comment and compliment. I have to admit that I loved it so much that I took another weekend trip in November 2022 and have the next one already booked for June 2023. Go for it! Love, Franzi

Ambassador
(@leonara)
Noble Member     Long Island,, New York, United States of America

Thank you, Franziska, for a very detailed article on your “love traveling en femme”.
you are an inspiration… the more I read about venturing out ‘n about en femme with a preparation and no negative reactions as you were very passable..it seems so inviting…again thank you for sharing…
Warmest regards, Leonara

2 Replies
(@franziskafrankfurt)

@leonara Dear Leonara, Thank for your lovely comments, Everyone can venture out. It is just a question of time, place, and aspiration. I have gone out for over 10 years and have built on both skill and confidence. More details can be found in my blog. Love, Franzi

Ambassador
(@leonara)

Noble Member     Long Island,, New York, United States of America

Thank you Franziska for your reply

Hostess
(@ab123)
Famed Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

Well done to you Franziska. Taking too much with you is quite natural for a woman but I have to admire such confidence going alone. All any one would see is a well presented woman and taking a first class seat is quite appropriate. Did you engage with people on your excursions?

1 Reply
(@franziskafrankfurt)

@ab123 Dear Angela, Thank you very much for your comments on my article and the nice compliment. Unfortunately, I had little interaction on my trip other than with service personnel. That is one of the big challenges I am working on. Love Franzi

(@hvdt)
Estimable Member     Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands

thanks for sharing. I love doing that, I live in the Netherlands, Germany is a favourite destination for a weekend away en femme. Its like here, you dont get a second look and everyone’s so friendly…. Love Germany. You can come over to Niederland for a trip. There’s plenty to do and see.

2 Replies
(@franziskafrankfurt)

Beste Helene, Hartelijk dank voor je commentaar. Ik ben blij om te horen, dat Duitsland een verwelkomend plek voor je is. Ik heb enkele jaren in Nederland gewerkt en ben er vaak en femme uit geweest. Berichtjes hierover zullen nog komen, of hier bij CDH of in mijn blog. Groetjes, Franzi

(@franziskafrankfurt)

Lady
(@amandah)
Eminent Member     Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia

Gosh Franzi, you look wonderful and it must have been uber exciting!....... so looking forward to the seeing other images. in response to your questions: Yes she does and we have been out together: No limitations on where I/ we go, looking forward to travelling en femme soon: fortunately, I haven't had any negative experiences, long may that last!!!

Now a question for you: do you have a feminine voice when en femme?

Hugzzz

3 Replies
(@franziskafrankfurt)

Dear Amandah, Thanks for you comment and compliment. The complete documentation on the trip will be provided in my blog. The posting covering the evening of day one was released today. But I will provide some more pictures here at CDH as well. As to your question: I have not yet taken the time t really practice my female voice (recording, listening, exercises). I try to speak a little higher and softer, but am not sure how convincing it is. Franzi

Lady
(@amandah)

Eminent Member     Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia

Thanks Franzi I follow your blog. As part of my daily en femme routine I have a 15minute fem voice practice...... when i started I expected it to be fairly challenging but it seems to be coming along well. I'll be in the UK next month so really looking forward to being out en femme voice et al!

(@franziskafrankfurt)

@amandah Dear Amandah, That is a good idea. I'll try to come up with something short and regular (like my sit-ups every morning  ). Love, Franzi

Ambassador
(@beach-girl)
Honorable Member     United States of America

Very cool! Sounds like something I would do & should do. To answer your questions:
No, my wife does not like it when I go out alone in public. She's scared for me. Although she's not into the CD scene, at all, she has gone with me just to "protect" me. She's worried about guys trying to pick me up.

I usually go to CD/TG meetups, shopping malls, restaurants & clubbing.

I feel very comfortable when I can be my female self. In fact, more comfortable than when I have to be him. And my comfort level increases every time I go out. I don't really think, "I'm going out, en femme," anymore. I'm just going out-- as myself-- just like any other woman. I've never had a negative experience. Always very enjoyable!

2 Replies
(@franziskafrankfurt)

Dear Dawn, Thank you for commenting and replying. Looking at your pictures, I can understand why you feel so comfortable being out "as yourself." It simply looks natural and convincing. I wish your wife could see that as well and understand that there is very little danger in going out, if one follows to the same safety practices that most cis girls follow. Franzi

Lady
(@marys)

Eminent Member     Sarasota , Florida, United States of America

Having met Dawn in person, I can tell you she is more beautiful than her pic. No one would think to question her about being anything but a female.

Duchess
(@ellie52)
Trusted Member     Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Hi Franziska
I thoroughly enjoyed your account of your latest en femm outing. It sounds like you had a magical time and all with your wifes blessing. You are a lucky lady. I love to hear how other ladies feel when out in the real world as it can be a scary place especially travelling solo as you did. I am not suprised it all went well you certainly look every bit the experienced lady traveller. Very chic and stylish. Well done you......

In answer to your questions
1) My wife is very happy for me to go out as Ellie and sometimes accompanies me if we are going to friends for dinner. Our son, my family and neighbours and friends all know about Ellie and enjoy seeing her out and about
2 )I usually go shopping or walking in the park. Occasional visits to the hair salon to get my wig professionally washed and styled. I also do our weekly grocery shopping on a Saturday and any other shopping that is required - visits to the chemist or the alcohol shop etc. You can check out my photos to see if you like.
3) I have never had a bad experience yet. Even if I have been clocked - the responses are pleasant. One day in the alcohol shop I was buying some beer and I handed my credit card over and the cashier said have a nce day Sir.... That is about the worst ive experienced.
Lots of love and Hugs for doing it solo. You are an inspiration

1 Reply
(@franziskafrankfurt)

@ellie52 Dear Ellie, Thanks for your wonderful comment, your compliments, and the descriptions of you own experiences. It is wonderful to read how you have been able to embed Ellie into your life and that of the people surrounding you. I am far away from Franziska being such an integral part of my life and in that sense your example is both aspirational and inspirational to me. Love, Franzi

(@Kim Dahlenbergen)
Eminent Member

Thank you for your article describing preparations for your trip en femme. As to your questions: * Sadly, my (x) wife was not involved or even aware of occasions when I traveled en femme; *I traveled across the middle of the US from Texas to Minnesota many times, always en femme, stopping in small towns and larger cities along the way. When at home, (and to this day) I did routine daily activities (grocery shopping, banking, auto service visits, dry cleaner…whatever the day called for); and * I have never had a bad experience. Twice on those trips I had auto/mechanical issues that required me to stop for servicing. I was treated remarkably well, even in a small town auto shop in Oklahoma!

6 Replies
(@franziskafrankfurt)

@kdahlenbergen Dear Kim, Thanks for your answers. That gives me some good ideas. So far, time out as Franziska is time set apart from anything else. I have yet to find a good way to integrate my femme alter ego into my everyday life activities. Franzi

(@Kim Dahlenbergen)

Eminent Member

Franzi, I’m glad you found some merit in my comments. Even mundane activities can convey the simple joy of experiencing most any aspect of live as a woman…or at least as close as I can ever be. And in another respect, everyday activities are also an opportunity to walk that high wire w/o a net. In the moment, there is no option to retreat or hide. Once achieve, I have always felt empowered to step even farther out into the daylight, again as a woman.

(@franziskafrankfurt)

Dear Kim, Thanks for your follow-up comment. Best wishes, Franzi

(@Kim Dahlenbergen)

Eminent Member

I’ve been enjoying your blog in recent days…catching up a bit on your 2022 adventures. I must say, one of my bucket list items is to travel Europe as a woman. Being of Norwegian descent, I absolutely must go to Norway, but I’d also to venture through Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and perhaps France and Spain. I’m tall for a woman in the US, but I’m told that 190 cm isn’t as unusual for a woman in Norway and the Netherlands.

(@franziskafrankfurt)

@kdahlenbergen

Dear Kim,

Thanks for your message. I am very happy to hear that you enjoy my blog and feel inspired by it. This is exactly why I started it.

You are right, people in Scandinavia and in The Netherlands are very tall and that of course makes it easier to pass as a woman. People in large cities also tend to be taller than people in rural areas. Hence, sticking to the cities also helps.

You might have seen that Franziska enjoys the arts, in particular musical, opera, and museums, Europe has a lot to offer if this is something you enjoy as well.

Best wishes,

Franzi

(@Kim Dahlenbergen)

Eminent Member

Hi Franzi, Yes, your enjoyment of the arts is readily apparent and appreciated! These are things that I enjoyed often when I lived in Houston, TX, but have had less access to since entering semi-retirement in Northern Minnesota. I’m still debating whether I should continue the part-time work another year or two, or fully and finally retire so I can make the trips abroad that I have contemplated for so long.

Looking forward to reading about your next adventure!

Kim

Duchess
(@loneleycd)
Noble Member     Roland, Iowa, United States of America

For myself I am doing almost all my everyday things fully as Cassie. the only exceptions ar my mane job --wearing forms and makeup while delivering mail is to much. AND going o church might offend some but I am pushing the envelope there too.
If you read my articles about my HS class reunion this past summer you can read my 3 day weekend in my hometown. I had no really bad reactions from anyone but there were a couple of guys who turned and walked the other way when ever I walked their direction. I think I was accepted by all the women.

. Cassie

1 Reply
(@franziskafrankfurt)

Dear Cassie, Thank you very much for reading my article, for commenting, and for sharing your own experiences. I read your two articles and share your excitement about the acceptance you have experienced. That is really wonderful to hear. I wish you all the best in further establishing Cassie in your daily life. Best wishes, Franzi

Lady
(@raven188)
Honorable Member     Idaho, United States of America

Thank you for sharing. This is something I've always wanted to do. I agree with all of your thoughts exactly. I particularly liked 'no risk, no fun." Thanks again!

1 Reply
(@franziskafrankfurt)

@raven188 Dear Sarah, Thanks for commenting and sorry for my late reply. I took another weekend trip in November - which was also great (an article will follow) - and have one planned for June. Go for it. Love, Franzi

Lady
(@marys)
Eminent Member     Sarasota , Florida, United States of America

Thank you for sharing your experience. You look marvelous and I’m sure you had a great time. I always enjoy getting away for days at a time and usually don’t worry any longer about taking my boy clothes.

In the fall, I flew from Florida to Hawaii for a 10 day trip and took boy clothes only to be used when I visited some cousins along the way. No one ever questioned me or seemed to know my true gender. Only the TSA and car rental agents knew because I had to give them my ID. As I walked away from a TSA agent in Hawaii she said I looked beautiful. I thanked her and continued on my way.

Enjoy your future trips no matter where they lead you!

1 Reply
(@franziskafrankfurt)

@marys Dear Mary, Thanks for your comment and your wonderful story about flying and taking vacation en femme. That sounds just wonderful and I love your report about the broad acceptance you experienced. I'll write another short article on my weekend trip from November 2022. And most pictures will be on my blog. Love, Franzi

Baroness
(@rochellem)
Estimable Member     Eastern WI, Wisconsin, United States of America

Wow -- wonderful story about a fantastic trip! You looks so gorgeous and natural. I have to find more dresses similar to the one in your photo. It is so beautiful yet casual for travelling.

1 Reply
(@franziskafrankfurt)

@rochellem Dear Rochelle, Thank you for your wonderful compliments. There are more pictures from this tip to come here at CDH and on my blog, as well as from the next trip I took in November 2022. Love, Franzi

(@Kim Dahlenbergen)
Eminent Member

Thank you for such an inspiring article. You look fantastic like any normal well dressed lady on a trip. You are beautiful dear. To answer your questions- no, my wife doesn't want me going out dressed. I do get away sometimes but not very often. Its always thrilling being out dressed no matter what I'm wearing or where I go. I try to blend in with casual dressing. I do normal every day things like shopping or just walking around parks. I've been to bars dressed too which was a blast. No, I haven't had any really negative reactions other than a gasp or snicker which I ignore. Its been too long since I've been out but plan on a trip next month.

1 Reply
(@franziskafrankfurt)

@michelle4me Dear Michelle, Thank you so much for your kind words on my appearance. I am glad you find my article inspiring. Such wonderful experiences just have to be shared with my sisters, I think. I hope you get to go out again soon. Love, Franzi

Lady
(@missgracie)
Eminent Member     LACONIA, New Hampshire, United States of America

Love the boldness and identified with the experiences. I have only made a few trips by plane, however wherever I go I long ago left my greg persona in the trash bin. I know some require the safety net if a suit for a rainy day situation, however even my funeral garb is a special little dress I have reserved for the viewing. Sure, living the life of a domestic for the last thirty tears has not been easy at times, however at the end of each day, no matter what troubles or indignities may have come my way, it has always been a better day than any day of my former boring existence even though my position as a CEO in a major firm was the envy of my peers. I look forward to more tales of your self realization, especially including any insights as to how your wife feels about them. As for your three questions, my wife is the one who set me on my life's path as an act of spitefulness for a wrong imagined, yet one I thank her for whenever we meet (she cuckold and than left me) for her intended curse came out a blessing. While my life and daily duties as a lowly domestic has not afforded me the ability to travel quite as exotically as you did, my everyday life albeit one spent going o markets, salons, church and wherever else my betters errands take me, could not be a more satisfying one. As for my best of times and/or worst experiences, they have all come as the result of the same singular action on my part, in that I take great joy in curtsying to everyone I meet. This has led to many positive experiences and even some new friendships, although as one might imagine, some humiliating 'negative' responses as well. Regardless my inherent submissiveness by nature takes some enjoyment out of every occasion, as it leaves me feeling positive about myself and the life I have chosen to live. To that end I would love to hear more about the various reactions you engendered on your trip. With deep appreciation and a curtsy of respect, gracie.

1 Reply
(@franziskafrankfurt)

Dear Gracie,

Thank you very much for your message, comments, compliments and your own stories, which I greatly enjoyed reading. I am happy for you to have found your place and obviously much joy in being submissive, respectful and gracious.

Best wishes,

Franzi

Page 1 / 2
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?