22 Posts
20 Users
71 Thanks
Lady
Topic starter
(@gnina)
Estimable Member     Zurich, Switzerland

Hi Girls!

Anyone else get very strong desires to dress after a breakup? For background, I identify as straight (have thought of other things but doesn't really get me). At the strongest point of the relationship I never feel the urge to dress. But after a breakup I just want to put on something cute. Preferable with skirt and tights. It has happened each time. Does anyone relate to this?

21 Replies
8 Replies
Lady
(@tiffany8)

Reputable Member     Ontario, Canada

@gnina 

I can relate to this. I purged all Tiffany's belongings when I met my now wife. 12 years later as my marriage is falling apart, I have started to feel the urge to get back in touch with Tiffany. Infact, I'm trying not to let Tiffany dictate what happens next.

💜 

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Illustrious Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

@gnina 

I only had one long term relationship in my life, though that lasted for fifteen years. We broke up a long time ago now, back in early 2008. Through all that time I barely cross dressed. It's not that there wasn't opportunity, because there was; it was more that I lived in fear of my partner ever finding out. As I've said before on the Forums, it was a very controlling relationship on her part. Had I ever been caught, I know exactly what the reaction would have been.

However, the fifteen years with her were fifteen years spent denying who I am. I'm straight, but although I hadn't got around to putting a name to it while we were together, I'm transgender.

Just one day after my ex left, I bought some clothes and started dressing.

And, as far as has been possible, I've dressed pretty much every day since 🙂

Ellie x

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

Noble Member     Staffordshire, United Kingdom

@gnina 

Yes I can certainly identify with this. 
When I was younger I found that I had no real interest in dressing during the times that I had a girlfriend, but in between times I would revert back to it quite quickly.

(@kimberlyannvictoria)

Reputable Member     milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America

@gnina Yes very much after my divorce. I have always consider myself to be straight but after my divorce but I definitely dress more and do think more about what it would be like to be with a man.

(@penelopepantyhose14)

Active Member     Texas, United States of America
Duchess
(@elizabethstone)

Estimable Member     Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States of America

@gnina I do understand, but in a different way. When my wife of over thirty years passed, I started dressing in her clothes. Today, I’m always dressed under and fully dressed during the evening. I’m thankful I can wear her clothes. She had a very large closet full of beautiful things!

Lady
(@josie21)

Trusted Member     Florida, United States of America

@gnina 

I've been married for 40+ years and still have the desire to dress up. It waned a bit while we were raising our children but never went completely away. It is stronger than ever today even though I have never been anything other than straight. With luck you can chart a course that allows you to express yourself without creating problems in your relationships.

Duchess
(@river)

Honorable Member     New Hampshire, United States of America

@gnina Before I was married and dating I remember clearly.  I never had the urge.  girls then liked to dress sexy enough for me so I guess I got my fill .  I got lots of hobbies but if im completely alone  and single well thats a different story. Time to jump in the River.  Cheers RC

Lady
(@harriette)
Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I haven't broken up with anyone since 1986, so no. 🥰

1 Reply
Lady
(@gnina)

@harriette I see haha. I'm still under 30 so I guess I have a few more breakups to go through :p

Lady
(@debbiedoes)
Trusted Member     Virginia, United States of America

I definitely do. When my first wife and I broke up she left a lot of her clothes with me to pick up later, including some really femme stuff. I couldnt resist 🙂

(@laurynvalentine)
Trusted Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

After I separated from my first wife, who ridiculed me the one time I mentioned Lauryn, I couldn’t wait to express myself as a female. The sexy corset and nightie set were ordered the minute the house sold. I has been a journey since then and the long years of suppression were over. To be clear we didn’t separate over the CD issue though. 

(@rebeccabaxter)
Prominent Member     Cornwall, United Kingdom

Not much use as an answer I'm afraid, but as of end of February this year, I'll have been with my wife for 37 years but only openly cross-dressing around her since September last year because that's really the first time it occurred to me that I wanted to.

Duchess
(@kdmon)
Reputable Member     Fort Myers, Florida, United States of America

Oh yes done that been there. I think for me I'm always trying to repress my feminine feelings when I'm in a relationship - to be a 'manly man' for my new girlfriend. In the last few years I've taken several online gender test and I always get the same results. Almost exactly 50% male and 50% female so my feminine side ain't going anywhere. Denying that fact only makes me miserable

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)
Noble Member     Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

I might yet get to find out.  My OH and I have been together since the late Noughties, but I've only discovered Fiona within me in the last couple of years, and I've really only been fully CD for about the last 6 months.  Should we end up going our separate ways as a result of The Talk that really has to happen at some point later this year, then I expect I would greatly increase the amount of time I spend as Fiona once back at my place.  Probably close to full-time, since I work from there with no video meetings most of the time, and don't go out much.  That might not be the eventual balance point, but I could certainly imagine it being the immediate rebound position.

Hostess
(@cdsue)
Noble Member     Delaware, United States of America

I can relate to this. Having been married multiple times and in many other relationships after each break up I would spend time dressing. Sometimes it was in things left behind (mostly lingerie) and others things I bought and purged. During the relationship(s) there was little desire to dress or more likely it was suppressed. There was a lot of shame and guilt during those times. Needless to say it was a very confusing life I led.

XOXO
Suzanne

Lady
(@denises924)
Reputable Member     Massachusetts, United States of America

Thankfully, I have not been through a breakup in many years. Although my desire to dress is fairly steady, it definitely increases as a result of other stresses in life. That being said, when I get the chance, I always feel calmer and more relaxed. If it is during a hectic period, even more so.

Denise
❤️

Ambassador
(@melodeescarlet)
Noble Member     Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America

After my divorce - from a woman who was extra demeaning in general, and moreso regarding CDing - yes, I explored my freedom to do as I wished.

However, I think to keep the experiment true, we'd need to know if you're dressing while in the relationships. If so, then perhaps it's a way of self-soothing - a way to comfort yourself after a stressful experience - which seems perfectly normal. If not, then it'd seem you're just catching up for lost time - also very normal. 🙂

1 Reply
Lady
(@gnina)

@melodeescarlet thanks a lot! I feel it's a way of self-soothing. I definitely feel like dressing up when very stressed

Lady
(@splitdecision)
Reputable Member     Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States of America

Hi girls 

the opposite happened to me. I’m a lifelong closeted cross dresser. My ex knew , did not accepted and always made me feel ashamed of it. We definitely had a DADT relationship. I stayed in the marriage for the kids (total mistake) and dreamed that one day I’d be free and able to explore all my CD dreams. But when the time came to end the marriage the desire to be Natalie pretty much evaporated. The divorce took 4.5 years and was very stressful. In the years past when I was stressed the desire to be feminine was stronger but not this time. All I can think of is that during this period I had so much on my mind and so much going on that I didn’t have the bandwidth to handle it all. Something had to give and it was cross dressing. I did wear panties pretty much daily but that was pretty much it. After the divorce was final it still took time for the desire to come back. Even today ten years later it’s never fully recovered to where it was 25 yrs ago. Some of this is due to other life changes.

Natalie💋

(@briannaleah)
Trusted Member     Howden, Manitoba, Canada

Sorry to hear this. Divorce is very tumultous for sure. As I've gotten older my desire to go en femme grew thankfully but we are all individuals. One of the very sad things about MTF cross dressing is that the GF/Wife often does not approve, sometimes vehemently so. I'm lucky my wife is fairly supportive for which I'm quite thankful. She doesn't buy me girl stuff tho, I like doing that myself.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?