This is a short post today to highlight a beautiful, moving expression of unconditional love by a mother for her son that I think you should all read. Cop’s Wife shared in this post entitled, ‘My Son is Gay’. My favorite quote from her post was:
If you think that me allowing my son to be a female character for Halloween is somehow going to ‘make’ him gay then you are an idiot. Firstly, what a ridiculous concept. Secondly, if my son is gay, OK. I will love him no less. Thirdly, I am not worried that your son will grow up to be an actual ninja so back off.
Sometimes the true spirit of unconditional love is not in the acceptance of something others deem unacceptable. It’s not a one-time expression of mercy, but an acceptance of the person not knowing what comes next. Kudos to you dear, for having the courage to love unconditionally.
More Articles by Vanessa Law
- A Few Changes in Our Family
- I Want to Live Like That
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- A Few Changes in Our Family - April 15, 2021
- I Want to Live Like That - August 29, 2020
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness - March 22, 2020
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019