Today’s crossdressing success story comes from a lovely lady who has discovered her path, and the support she needs to live her authentic truth. Please welcome Alexis Marie!
Alexis Breaks out of Society’s Expectations
Hi, I’m a 52 year old and have had to struggle with my gender confusion since the age of 5 or 6. I grew up with three sisters and a strict macho father, so I had to pretend to be someone I knew was not the real me.
I tried so hard to meet the expectations of the social norm as well as what my family expected. This included plying sports, working at my dad’s electrical business, joining the army, marriage and children.
I completed my tour in the army but the marriage failed due to, in my opinion, that I was not happy.
I had moved out at the age of 18 and started dressing fully – it made sense when I was enfemme as if I was whole and complete.
Of course trying to do or be what others expected never seemed to work out. It was after I met my current wife 19 years ago and was open and honest from the start that I’ve been able to be happy.
Although I must still work as male, with her support and encouragement I’m happy to say I’m now on hormones 3 months now. I came out to my older sister who has spent time with her sister and refers to me as her sister. She said when I told her she cried, not because she was upset but because she thought of the pain and suffering I must have had to go through not being able to tell anyone.
I plan to take the next steps to transition soon and as my sister and wife always tell me,”If you can’t be happy how can you make others happy? Be who you are!”
Congratulations dear! You look lovely, and your courage is an inspiration for us all!
More Articles by The Author
- I Want to Live Like That
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
- You Are Enough
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- I Want to Live Like That - August 29, 2020
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness - March 22, 2020
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019
- You Are Enough - March 5, 2017