Cambridge is the first British city to have a transsexual mayor. The mayor’s partner is also a transsexual and she assumes the title of mayoress (I think she got the better deal 🙂 ). I’m particular impressed with the comment from the Cambridge Council’s chief executive
“It is the council’s firm view that someone’s gender and sexual orientation has no bearing on their suitability to hold public office,” Hammond said.
Those of us in the transgender community, our friends and our loved ones know that our gender identity has no influence on our ability to be productive, loving and valuable members of society.
More Articles by The Author
- I Want to Live Like That
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
- You Are Enough
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- I Want to Live Like That - August 29, 2020
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness - March 22, 2020
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019
- You Are Enough - March 5, 2017