For the last few weeks it seems as though the only crossdressing related activity I’ve engaged in is moving Crossdresser Heaven to a new server (phew!). I haven’t had much time to wear womens clothes, let alone write any new articles. When I sat down the other day to write another article I realized just how much I miss writing. And how much I enjoy it.
I had been letting the busy-ness of life get in the way of something I love doing. Even though I could probably have made some time, I found I was much better at making excuses – I’m too tired, I’m not inspired, nothing has happened this week worth writing about. On and on the excuses came. I was sabotaging my own enjoyment.
As I was thinking about this, I realized that we all do this in regards to crossdressing as well. My advice to you is to do what you love…
Even if you love wearing womens clothing!
We seem to find even more reasons not to crossdress. There are the all too common trio of guilt, shame and unintentional discovery. Once I moved past those, I encountered such debilitating excuses as “I feel fat” (sheesh – woman’s plus size clothing is out there if that’s really a problem). Then another favorite of mine “It’s too much work for one day / weekend”. One would think wearing woman’s clothing was a chore reserved for … well … women.
As I’m listing out all these excuses I forget how much I enjoy it. I’ve sacrificed what I love for a plethora of lousy excuses.
So girls, get out there and have some fun! Don’t stop yourself from enjoying this gift you’ve been giving!
P.S. If you are struggling to come to terms with your desire to crossdress, I highly recommend Helen Boyd’s book – My Husband Betty. It’s one of the best books I’ve read yet on crossdressing and the transgender experience.
More Articles by The Author
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
- You Are Enough
- We Can Make It Into Something Wonderful
- Meet Your Crossdresser Heaven Ambassadors
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019
- You Are Enough - March 5, 2017
- We Can Make It Into Something Wonderful - February 26, 2017
- Meet Your Crossdresser Heaven Ambassadors - February 15, 2017