The Internet has allowed crossdressers from across the world to take the first step out the closet without leaving the house. There are so many resources and communities available online that even the most timid transgender need not live a life alone in fear. If you’re new to the transgender community I highly recommend you look around the site, you can find an overview of transgender resources here.
Yet humans are naturally social creatures. Even with all the information available online and friends just a facebook away we long for the comfort and companionship of others. Others who understand us, others who love us, and others who will give us support through our crossdressing journey.
I’m often asked in email for details on local clubs that support crossdressers. The Tri-Ess chapter list is usually a great place to start, but Tri-Ess is just one organization. There are many other organizations that do a great job supporting crossdressers, transsexuals and anyone involved in the transgender community.
While I know of a few places in Seattle, I must admit that I’m at a loss for pretty much the rest of the world. Even if I had intimate knowledge of every crossdressing support group in the USA, I’ve heard a rumor that there are actually a lot of people who don’t live here – funny that 🙂
I don’t want any crossdresser to suffer alone because they didn’t have a group to reach out to. I’d like to create a comprehensive resource that includes information about transgender support groups from all around the world. But I can’t do this without your your help!
Share Local Crossdresser Support Groups
Please send me details about any crossdresser support groups you know about by email to email@example.com
Within a few weeks I’ll devote a section of Crossdresser Heaven specifically to helping you find local crossdresser support groups in your area. Please only send me groups that offer support in person, whether it’s meetings, outings or other support activities. And include:
- Name of the group
- City, State and Country where they meet
- Website address (if available)
- Contact name and number
- Any other notes that would be helpful (e.g. if the group is dedicated to supporting wives of crossdressers)
Thank you for helping a sister reach out and find acceptance. I look forward to hearing from you.
More Articles by The Author
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
- You Are Enough
- We Can Make It Into Something Wonderful
- Meet Your Crossdresser Heaven Ambassadors
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019
- You Are Enough - March 5, 2017
- We Can Make It Into Something Wonderful - February 26, 2017
- Meet Your Crossdresser Heaven Ambassadors - February 15, 2017